No announcement yet.

A Good Man Goes To War (3207)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Of course there has to be a point where the 908 year old Doctor reappears to stop it all becoming a confusing time looping paradox..
    Its already beyond that point for some people i know

Seriously though, i think its been established over the last 1.5 seasons that Moffat is clever and devious in ways that we cant pick up on 100% until its revealed, so i for one will be wasting a little less brain power on trying to out think the Einstein of the continuity writing of Doctor Who and a little more on willing time to speed up for Episode 8

N.C

Comment

Originally posted by Nth Chevron View Post
      Its already beyond that point for some people i know

Seriously though, i think its been established over the last 1.5 seasons that Moffat is clever and devious in ways that we cant pick up on 100% until its revealed, so i for one will be wasting a little less brain power on trying to out think the Einstein of the continuity writing of Doctor Who and a little more on willing time to speed up for Episode 8

N.C
      you mean like how nobody at all foresaw the great mystery f River being Amy's child?

Comment

Re-read what i wrote, engage brain and THEN try to troll.

N.C

Comment

Did the Doctor turn his sonic on 'rescued Amy' at all?

Given he has been fooled twice, what's to stop him being fooled three times and 'real Amy' was taken off the asteroid at the same time as 'real Melody' leaving a ganger Amy behind?

Doesn't the upcoming scene with Amy and Rory on a motorbike have them being a bit shocked when a clone Amy comes up alongside them?

Comment

Originally posted by PMN1 View Post
            Did the Doctor turn his sonic on 'rescued Amy' at all?
            No.

Given he has been fooled twice, what's to stop him being fooled three times and 'real Amy' was taken off the asteroid at the same time as 'real Melody' leaving a ganger Amy behind?
            Nothing's to stop him being fooled again. We'll have to wait and see.

Spoiler:
            Doesn't the upcoming scene with Amy and Rory on a motorbike have them being a bit shocked when a clone Amy comes up alongside them?
            Thanks for the spoiler.

THE TARDIS DATA CORE - Encyclopaedia and reference site covering DOCTOR WHO, K-9 AND COMPANY, TORCHWOOD,THE SARAH JANE ADVENTURES,
            K-9, CLASS and much more...

Comment

Not trolling

just pointing out that the biggest mystery he's ever had was "called" by the first episode of Matt Smith's first episode.

And I'd reserve calling him a "genius of continuity" until we see how the continuity actually plays out.

Comment

I seem to remember a lot of people dismissed the Jacket wearing Doctor in the Angel's episode last season as continuity error, or didn't even notice it at all....

Comment

Feel embarrassed that I just realised that the Headless Monks were introduced in The Time of Angels, with the museum from the opening as 'their final resting place.'
                  I write articles/features/reviews for I'm With Geek.com now. Check out our stuff if you get a minute!

sigpic
                  Click on sig to check out my fanfic gallery too!

Comment

Originally posted by Admiral Mappalazarou View Post
                    Feel embarrassed that I just realised that the Headless Monks were introduced in The Time of Angels, with the museum from the opening as 'their final resting place.'
                    Just speculation, but could be that we'll see how and why that location became their final resting place.
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Cold Fuzz View Post
                      Just speculation, but could be that we'll see how and why that location became their final resting place.
                      I do hope so......... I hate those guys and want them dead
                      Go home aliens, go home!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Coco Pops View Post
                        I do hope so......... I hate those guys and want them dead
                        That won't be an easy thing to accomplish.

Spoiler:
                        If the prequel to Asylum of the Daleks is any indication, it seems the Headless Monks are powerful telepaths. It'll be difficult to scrag them.
                        sigpic

Comment

That won't be an easy thing to accomplish.

Spoiler:
                          If the prequel to Asylum of the Daleks is any indication, it seems the Headless Monks are powerful telepaths. It'll be difficult to scrag them.

They never showed the prequel in Australia, in face we never get them.

Any youtube of it?

Also how can they be telepaths with no heads? I view them as little more then drones for the computer thing that controls them.

Comment

Originally posted by Coco Pops View Post
                            They never showed the prequel in Australia, in face we never get them.

Any youtube of it?

Also how can they be telepaths with no heads? I view them as little more then drones for the computer thing that controls them.
                            The prequel can be seen here.

Spoiler:
                            As for being telepathic/psychic without a head, to me, the rest of their bodies could be imbued with psychic energy. There's never been any definitive exploration of how the monks do what they do though so we're left with supposition.

They can fire pulses of energy with their hands and even direct that energy into their swords. That implies telekinetic powers as well. In the prequel, the monk is definitely a strong telepath if he can psychically contact the Doctor the way he does.
                            sigpic

Comment

The prequel can be seen here.

Spoiler:
                              As for being telepathic/psychic without a head, to me, the rest of their bodies could be imbued with psychic energy. There's never been any definitive exploration of how the monks do what they do though so we're left with supposition.

They can fire pulses of energy with their hands and even direct that energy into their swords. That implies telekinetic powers as well. In the prequel, the monk is definitely a strong telepath if he can psychically contact the Doctor the way he does.

My personal view of the Monks is that they're animated drones driven by the papal mainframe.

Comment

So in this timeline the Monks are not the Dr's enemy?

Comment

Working...
                                X