The New World (401)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Tanith0709 View Post
    I thought the 10th Doctor disabled that part of the gadget.
    He disable the time traveling part of the gadget. While still enabling the teleporter part. It reason why the last time we saw him he was on a space station sitting at a alien bar sulking about how he saved the Earth, and then the doctor pointed out the barmen is gay. Unless I got my timeline muck up.

[For anyone who is interested: News reports last week said that Starz and the BBC are going to air different cuts, one with more adult stuff and the other potentially longer in runtime. I ran the Starz version on my PC in sync with the BBC broadcast, and for this first episode they were shot-for-shot identical.]
    Good to hear. I suspect Starz stretch out it time slot to a little to allow for the same 1st episode. I suspect as we get into the sex scenes and there seem plenty of them we will see difference starting to appear. Why I suspect the bbc version will lumbered with more wide angle shots and more fly passes.
    Last edited by knowles2; 15 July 2011, 11:51 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by knowles2 View Post
      It reason why the last time we saw him he was on a space station sitting at a alien bar sulking about how he saved the Earth, and then the doctor pointed out the barmen is gay. Unless I got my timeline muck up.
      I just assumed that he contacted a nearby alien ship to hitch a ride and they transported him aboard.

Comment

Originally posted by Tanith0709 View Post
        I just assumed that he contacted a nearby alien ship to hitch a ride and they transported him aboard.
        well dont for get that TW airs without adverts in the uk so they might need to adjust the shot order so that you dont get wierd jumps.
        ----------------------------
        You will never get to heaven with an Ak 47... But A Zu 30 is good for Low Flying Cherubim

Comment

Originally posted by mjwalshe View Post
          well dont for get that TW airs without adverts in the uk so they might need to adjust the shot order so that you dont get wierd jumps.
          On Starz ours airs without commercials as well.
          sigpic

Comment

Hello everyone, my first post. Sorry it has to be a bit of a complainer. But here goes: I've been a fan of Torchwood since the beginning, but this is the first time I'm seeing the new "Americanized" version. And so far I'm not liking it. Mainly because of the way the Americans are being portrayed, heartless, brain dead, criminal freeing <snip> Starting off with an execution in Kentucky, let the stereotypes begin. And oh they did! Next the CIA guy being happy about the woman with cancer cause it helped his career, the nurse on the news freaking out about how they're all just corpses and she's refusing to touch them. CIA guy having a free reign, grabbing drugs and doing whatever the hell he felt like just cause he's an "American CIA agent". Come on RTD give me a break. I would know this was a non-Americans version of America even if I didn't already know it.

The story has me intrigued enough to check out the next episode but the unending American stereotypes has me dreading it as well. Sorry I have to introduce myself this way (assuming this makes it past moderation) but it really bugs me that the world is on an America bashing kick and RTD is buying in and cashing in on the ignorance.

Comment

Originally posted by Catanya View Post
              Hello everyone, my first post. Sorry it has to be a bit of a complainer. But here goes: I've been a fan of Torchwood since the beginning, but this is the first time I'm seeing the new "Americanized" version. And so far I'm not liking it. Mainly because of the way the Americans are being portrayed, heartless, brain dead, criminal freeing <snip> Starting off with an execution in Kentucky, let the stereotypes begin. And oh they did! Next the CIA guy being happy about the woman with cancer cause it helped his career, the nurse on the news freaking out about how they're all just corpses and she's refusing to touch them. CIA guy having a free reign, grabbing drugs and doing whatever the hell he felt like just cause he's an "American CIA agent". Come on RTD give me a break. I would know this was a non-Americans version of America even if I didn't already know it.

The story has me intrigued enough to check out the next episode but the unending American stereotypes has me dreading it as well. Sorry I have to introduce myself this way (assuming this makes it past moderation) but it really bugs me that the world is on an America bashing kick and RTD is buying in and cashing in on the ignorance.
              Hi Catanya. I understand perhaps the issue you have with it. But it is still a riproaring story so please stick with it.

Keep in mind however that in series 3 you had a very negative image of the british authorities too. I don't think it's america RTD has a problem with, i think it's authority figures in general.
              Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Comment

Working...
              X