Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
    I'm thinking since they had the Ronon/Teyla scene when they were packing up her things that they didn't want to have another emotional scene with them because the Spanky shippers would get too excited. In Critical Mass there was supposedly a scene where Teyla gave Carson a hug for helping with Charin that was cut for that reason. After the Sparky hug, they got a bit paranoid. Yet when they did try to show a connection through a hug, Doppelganger and SOW for example, it lands like a lead balloon.
    I agree with you on that.

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
    No soft voice of concern only for her. *shivers*
    I know right, I shiver every time there is a scene between them and they are acting all cute, I keep coming back to the ‘War and Peace’-scene in ‘Home’ but just the look and the smile he gave her *sigh*

Spoiler:

Indeed. Torri's whole point when she declined to do GitM was that TPTW didn't have any kind of plan for where they were going with the story beyond GitM; they had a few ideas, but nothing concrete, no endgame. Maybe if they had been committed from the beginning to doing 2 or 3 more episodes in S5 and set aside the slots that were given to Brainstorm and Identity, they could have had a solid, workable plan to address the storyline that Torri would have been happy to say yes to. Hindsight, 20/20.
    I really wish that they would have done more and that they could have gotten Torri there, it would have at least felt like they really tried to tie everything back together but then they would have had to cut down on all the McKeller stuff, or at least they would have to try and not drag it out as much and they couldn’t have that.

They could easily have kept Elizabeth, but they were playing with their shiny new Carter doll and forgot about her. I guess AT got the last laugh on that one.
    Heh, indeed. I get the feeling AT was much happier with her career after she went on to Sanctuary full-time.
    That was the feeling I got as well, though I don’t blame her.
    sigpic

Comment

So, I went ahead and watched TMC and I found an interesting bit that I never picked up on before. In the tent when the two teams are meeting, after the exchange of information and plans for the two Rodneys to work together, we get this little bit:

SHEPPARD: We appreciate all this, but the truth is, we came here for another reason. You were with the Replicators. What do you know about our Elizabeth, and are you willing to help us get her back?

(RepliJohn and Elizabeth look at each other, wondering which of them should break the news.)

The only reason the real John agreed on the meeting was on the off chance they MIGHT BE ABLE TO GET ELIZABETH BACK. That was his first thought and his primary motivation to cooperate with the clones. His only driving force. Think about that one, people.

And then RepliJohn and Elizabeth dun eye sex.
      sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Originally posted by Brie View Post
        I know right, I shiver every time there is a scene between them and they are acting all cute, I keep coming back to the ‘War and Peace’-scene in ‘Home’ but just the look and the smile he gave her *sigh*

http://i49.tinypic.com/70upaw.jpg
        *wibbles* So. Cute.

I really wish that they would have done more and that they could have gotten Torri there, it would have at least felt like they really tried to tie everything back together but then they would have had to cut down on all the McKeller stuff, or at least they would have to try and not drag it out as much and they couldn’t have that.
        *snerks*

So, I went ahead and watched TMC and I found an interesting bit that I never picked up on before. In the tent when the two teams are meeting, after the exchange of information and plans for the two Rodneys to work together, we get this little bit:

SHEPPARD: We appreciate all this, but the truth is, we came here for another reason. You were with the Replicators. What do you know about our Elizabeth, and are you willing to help us get her back?

(RepliJohn and Elizabeth look at each other, wondering which of them should break the news.)

The only reason the real John agreed on the meeting was on the off chance they MIGHT BE ABLE TO GET ELIZABETH BACK. That was his first thought and his primary motivation to cooperate with the clones. His only driving force. Think about that one, people.

Hot damn. Excellent observation! We'll have to make special note of that when we get to TMC on the 'thon schedule.

Poor, poor John. It's even more clear now that Elizabeth was always in his thoughts leading up to TMC. Never showed it unless he had reason to, but he was always thinking of her and how to get her back. Poor woobie.

Ahhhh, even Clone!Sparky is doing the eye!sex. Gotta love it.
        (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
        Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

I remember that and it was a really powerful scene, and when he finds out the truth it’s like his heart had been ripped out, so sad, he still had such hopes to find her.
          I also love that it didn’t matter if it was the real John or RepliJohn, both looked at Elizabeth and cared about her the same way, it was like they did with Teyla’s “dream” in ‘Submersion’ where they made it look more real by throwing in a Sparky eye!sex moment, and it was like theu tried to do it here that to make it feel real they had some Sparky eye!sex scenes.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by JT-2 View Post
            You're hilarious!

Originally posted by JT-2 View Post
            It's so weird not to see the little lemming in either your sig or your icon.
            I shall rectify that immediately... at least icon-wise. I need a brand new signature first to replace the Primeval one.
            Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

*wibbles* So. Cute.

*snerks*

Hot damn. Excellent observation! We'll have to make special note of that when we get to TMC on the 'thon schedule.

Poor, poor John. It's even more clear now that Elizabeth was always in his thoughts leading up to TMC. Never showed it unless he had reason to, but he was always thinking of her and how to get her back. Poor woobie.

Ahhhh, even Clone!Sparky is doing the eye!sex. Gotta love it.
              I know, right. This ep, more than most, just shows how much he still misses her.

I remember that and it was a really powerful scene, and when he finds out the truth it’s like his heart had been ripped out, so sad, he still had such hopes to find her.
              I also love that it didn’t matter if it was the real John or RepliJohn, both looked at Elizabeth and cared about her the same way, it was like they did with Teyla’s “dream” in ‘Submersion’ where they made it look more real by throwing in a Sparky eye!sex moment, and it was like theu tried to do it here that to make it feel real they had some Sparky eye!sex scenes.
              I think he even looks sad before she shows up. His face is just not as animated as it used to be. He had his heart broken so many times over her, it was just the saddest thing. And notice that he tells Rodney he had yet to send her things home because he was hoping they would bring her back.

Though, you have to wonder why they were so quick to believe RepliKeller.
              sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

sigpic
                My Favorite Scifi/Fantasy T.V. Shows, Movies, Franchises, My Sports Teams & My Fav Sitcom
                poundpuppy29 AKA Erika = Astrology Nut, Scifi-Fantasy Junkie & Massachusetts Girl

Comment

*pets the picture posted by poundpuppy29* Oh dear, Atlantis's Mom and Dad don't look happy.

Heart ripped out is right, poor woobie.

That's an interesting connection you made with the Sparky eye!sex that Teyla put into the "memory" that she faked out the Wraith Queen with. Whether a faux memory or duplicates of Sparky, they're still doing the eye!sex. Because it just feels right.

I know, right. This ep, more than most, just shows how much he still misses her.
                  *wibbles and pets woobie!John*

I think he even looks sad before she shows up. His face is just not as animated as it used to be. He had his heart broken so many times over her, it was just the saddest thing. And notice that he tells Rodney he had yet to send her things home because he was hoping they would bring her back.

Though, you have to wonder why they were so quick to believe RepliKeller.
                  My guess? Since Clone!Weir was supposed to be just like Real!Weir, they figured that the clone was acting the same way the real one would. She would be just as trusting in the good in others as Real!Weir, and would be inclined to give a chance to Replicators that were part of the pro-ascension faction like Niam (who was trustworthy... up until Oberoth scrambled his brains). The fact that Repli!Keller did let the clone team go would probably be one more mark in favor of believing what Repli!Keller said. And on a more personal level, it's been months since Elizabeth was taken, months to torment themselves with visions of all sorts of terrible things that might have happened to her while a prisoner of the Replicators. I can well imagine that John might be more willing to believe she was gone simply because the alternative would be too horrific to comprehend, and he just can't take any more.
                  (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
                  Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

You know, after seeing the all of the episodes, and also adding now what JM wrote in his blog it makes me more sure than ever how important Elizabeth was to all of them, I mean John (obviously), and then there was the scene in ‘Adrift’ (I think it was) where Ronan goes into her room to talk to her and thank her for allowing him to stay (and then also the scene that was supposed to be in TMC which was also about that), and McKay was really affected by it since he was the one who activated the nanites and also from his talk with Radek at the end of TMC, and when Carson showed up again when they wouldn’t believe him he asked for the only one he knew would always have his back which was Elizabeth (That scene was really sad though), like I said, all this and so much more during the show really showed but an important part she played and how important she was as not only a leader but also as a friend and how much each and everyone of them grew and learned together and the way she kept pushing them to get better and trust themselves, I mean they all had an important part in it but it’s also important when you have a bunch of people from different countries and with different culture background and with different jobs really come together like they did on Atlantis to have a good leader who is both compassionate and encouraging but also tough, someone they all knew would have their backs if something would happened and also someone who never gave up on them. All and all it makes me really wish that they had some kind of memorial service for her, I think if not at the end of TMC but then maybe towards the end of BAMSR, before we saw Weir again onboard that replicator ship. Or if not then than maybe at the end of GitM, just something where everyone could come together.

Heart ripped out is right, poor woobie.

That's an interesting connection you made with the Sparky eye!sex that Teyla put into the "memory" that she faked out the Wraith Queen with. Whether a faux memory or duplicates of Sparky, they're still doing the eye!sex. Because it just feels right.
                    Yeah, everyone in the Pegasus galaxy knows that if they want something to be believable, go with Sparky.

My guess? Since Clone!Weir was supposed to be just like Real!Weir, they figured that the clone was acting the same way the real one would. She would be just as trusting in the good in others as Real!Weir, and would be inclined to give a chance to Replicators that were part of the pro-ascension faction like Niam (who was trustworthy... up until Oberoth scrambled his brains). The fact that Repli!Keller did let the clone team go would probably be one more mark in favor of believing what Repli!Keller said. And on a more personal level, it's been months since Elizabeth was taken, months to torment themselves with visions of all sorts of terrible things that might have happened to her while a prisoner of the Replicators. I can well imagine that John might be more willing to believe she was gone simply because the alternative would be too horrific to comprehend, and he just can't take any more.
                    That’s an interesting observation, I haven’t thought much about it but I agree with this.

He really did, and the scene between John and Rodney is really sad. I always wondered if anyone ever kept anything, like John kept the jar since they couldn’t send those things back to earth. I always think that if RepliWeir had time she probably would have asked someone (most likely John) to talk to her mother, it just seem like something to do since we got to meet Mrs. Weir in TRW.
                    sigpic

Comment

Repost for caption-reasons:

Originally posted by poundpuppy29 View Post
                      http://i178.photobucket.com/albums/w254/poundpuppy29/Sparky/JEMM3.jpg
                      : Kate, I think we need to have a little chat about your pet.

: *nods slowly*

https://IMG]http://i5.photobucket.co...nim.gif:[/IMG] My pet?

: Yes, your pet.

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y18...ter-dance.gif: John and Elizabeth, hiding in a closet... K-I-S-S-I-N-G!!
                      Last edited by Rosehawk; 25 April 2012, 08:23 PM. Reason: Remove IMG tags. accidently deleted one's not requoted
                      Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

All and all it makes me really wish that they had some kind of memorial service for her, I think if not at the end of TMC but then maybe towards the end of BAMSR, before we saw Weir again onboard that replicator ship. Or if not then than maybe at the end of GitM, just something where everyone could come together.
                        Stay tuned for an upcoming episode of Atlantis Rising.

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                        Repost for caption-reasons:

: Kate, I think we need to have a little chat about your pet.

: *nods slowly*

: My pet?

: Yes, your pet.

: John and Elizabeth, hiding in a closet... K-I-S-S-I-N-G!!
                        Go Lemming!

Comment

Stay tuned for an upcoming episode of Atlantis Rising.
                          Really? Sweet, can't wait.

Well, I'm of to bed, goodnight everyone!
                          sigpic

Comment

New stargate_ren was AWESOME!!!

But I'm up too late. Oops.

I will be posting ficlets here tomorrow that I think everyone will enjoy. We'll see.

Night!

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Fluffy Thursday!

Originally posted by ShipperWriter View Post
                              New stargate_ren was AWESOME!!!

But I'm up too late. Oops.
                              Ahhh, the things we do for fic.

Originally posted by ShipperWriter View Post
                              I will be posting ficlets here tomorrow that I think everyone will enjoy. We'll see.

Night!
                              Looking forward to it!

Comment

sigpic
                                My Favorite Scifi/Fantasy T.V. Shows, Movies, Franchises, My Sports Teams & My Fav Sitcom
                                poundpuppy29 AKA Erika = Astrology Nut, Scifi-Fantasy Junkie & Massachusetts Girl

Comment

Working...
                                X