X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by L.A. Doyle View Post
    I think in Alliances,
    Spoiler:
    they have to pretend they are married. Is that the one? If it is, can't go wrong with that!

Y'all make me wanna read...but I am trying to find a job. A 'real' job. I have a feeling I'll be stuck at home forever.
    Really? Must go to amazon.

zuz Love the smilies.

Cute.

Comment

Originally posted by SamJackShipLover View Post
      In the Line of Duty, me agrees, I think he has realised be then he cares more then he is supposed to.

As for Sam, I think she invented the word denial so I'm not sure. Working 3 months straight in 100 days must've been a clue even for her though

All my ItloD icons (I know most of you have already seen them ..)

<lazy snip>
      These are just WOW, Lies. GREAT JOB!
      "Y'know, I can be as diplomatic and open-minded as anyone."
      Colonel Jack O'Neill

Comment

ok i am gonna be a gushing fangurl here on something only very slightly
        off topic
        its a question for rachel
        Rachel, adore the aftershocks series, its amazing and some of the most thought about and in character writing i have read even as far as the sg1 books are concerned. i wanted to ask you a question about which episode are you most excited about writing your tag to or have you already written it?
        bex

Live for today, for one day there will not be a tomorrow

Help me get to film school

One Year, £8000 to raise. Just what will i do to raise it?

Comment

Speaking of the fandomonium books, I'm about 100 pages into the latest one 'Rosewell' and so far it's quite shippy. Has anyone else read anymore and does it get shippier? As for recommendations 'Alliance' is great for a good story and ship but 'City of the Gods' is brilliant for shippyness, however, the story's not that great.

And I'm so glad that we won the best kiss competition on the sci-fi website. I love the WoO kiss.

And finally, go and vote for season 8! It's losing to season 10! Looks like D/V fans stormed the thread.

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthrea...=44888&page=11

And go and vote for S/J D&C so that we win, as D/V are way ahead with MM :

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthrea...t=45066&page=5

(Credit to RepliCartertje for the beautiful sig and to Mala for smilies.)

Comment

Originally posted by starlover1990 View Post
            Flip a coin right...hmm...but you say they are different...how? One more angst then the other...or Action...
            Okay, well, SotF makes very good use of both Janet and Nirrti. Alliances features Jacob. So overall you've got some great guest characters.

SotF has some excellent

Spoiler:
            Sam whump, and thus some very intense scenes, and therefore a lot of emotional repurcussions for Jack. Very good action. And Janet has a really nice arc in the story.

Alliances -

Spoiler:
            deals with the fallout after "The Other Side". Jacob 'borrows' Sg1 and Sam, Jack, and Daniel infiltrate one of Yu's slave labour camps. Technically Jack and Sam don't pretend to be married, Jacob "mates" them because essentially all women in the camp are breeding machines and if he doesn't declare her to someone, it'd be a free for all.

Both are good books as I said, having read them I'm finding it difficult to choose one for you. Like I said, flip a coin. My first recommendation however, still lies with the Honour books.
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by CountryJoy View Post
              Welcome back, Melissa! Glad you all had a good time. How was King Tut? Did you constantly make Stargate references and confuse fellow patrons?
              Did y'all take any pictures together...? *hint hint*
              LOL! Thanks, Amanda! One of the Gate Grrrlz may have already answered this question, since I'm still woefully behind! Busy week at work plus cousin's wedding Saturday greatly reduced my online time this week.

We actually were separated very early on. I was determined to see everything and read everything on each display case.

And strangely enough, we didn't really talk about the Egyptology that much. We got caught up in sightseeing in Philly. But, when we got back to LOL4JACK's house, we certainly analyzed (again) several shippy eps...and had an excellent discussion on Threads. Gotta love Threads.

Comment

Originally posted by sg-1fanintn View Post
                Hello, Ship Family!!!

SHAMELESS SELF-PROMOTION:

I've finished and posted the last chapter of my latest S/J story, Inspirations. This chapter, called Atlantis, is at: http://www.fanfiction.net/s/3625911/2/

Now off to do a little catching up on what you've been discussing!
                Just lovely my friend!
                sigpic

Comment

WELCOME BACK, MELISSA!

You were sorely missed.

My schedule has been kinda crazy these past few weeks. But I hope to talk to you (via PM) some more next week. I'm having 2 days off of work (Thursday and Friday) and it translates as more time for Gateworld and Shipper Family.

Oh am I looking forward to that.
                  "Y'know, I can be as diplomatic and open-minded as anyone."
                  Colonel Jack O'Neill

Comment

Originally posted by dipsofjazz View Post
                    Mala made a great smiley of Jack wiping away a tear....
                    Oh that's great!

Originally posted by Lishy View Post
                    I guess I'd just like to say, "Hi," and introduce myself. I'm a big time shipper of Sam and Jack and wish they'd just get together already, and if they are TPTB need to at least tell us and throw us a bone with a scene in one of the movies or something. Come on!

This is a huge thread and there is no way I'll be able to read all of the posts. I'm sure I'm just saying something that's already been said.

But I just wanted to say, "Hi," and that I'm on board.
                    Hi there, I'm new too

Originally posted by petemoretti View Post
                    Variables by Ziva
                    Summary:

Life is full of paths, forks in the road so to speak. This story shows how the choices people make can have a ripple effect on their lives and the lives of the ones they love, thus changing so much more than they intended.

It's a WIP but Ziva is good for finishing her stories. She updates every day!
                    I'll have to check this out...

Originally posted by dipsofjazz View Post

Thank you, it's nice to be back.

A lightened-up version of the Grace kiss...

The WoO kiss...

OMG What are you doing to me?! Every time i see this, i get stuck for ages. Oh no, i just realised i'm gonna get stuck staring at my own post!!

Maybe you combined 'In The Line of Duty' and 'Into the Fire'?

I remember when I saw that clip in a video once. It was before I ever saw the episode. I was so desperate to find what was going on and what episode it was! Those were the good old days...when I still had dozens of unseen episodes...I always had something new to look forward too.

Hi and welcome aboard! It's a big thread, but it's family!
                    For all the new members, a picture!
                    Spoiler:
                    Thanks for the pic. And i know what you mean, we can only ever revisit now

Originally posted by sugarshaker View Post
                    Shippy hugs everyone!

Just dropping in to share a sweet shippy scene from Fair Game:

It's amazing how much ship there was in seasons 1 - 4 isn't it?
                    Nice pic. Yeah, but i think there's quite a few in the 5-8 too, if you know where to look. Small moments, shared looks....

Originally posted by Bex Calo View Post
                    ok i am gonna be a gushing fangurl here on something only very slightly
                    off topic
                    its a question for rachel
                    Rachel, adore the aftershocks series, its amazing and some of the most thought about and in character writing i have read even as far as the sg1 books are concerned. i wanted to ask you a question about which episode are you most excited about writing your tag to or have you already written it?
                    bex
                    Ditto...and good question, i'm curious too.
                    sigpic
                    Sig by AstraPerAspera and avatar by SamJackShipLover

Thanks Bekki

Comment

Originally posted by sg-1fanintn View Post

snip

But, when we got back to LOL4JACK's house, we certainly analyzed (again) several shippy eps...and had an excellent discussion on Threads. Gotta love Threads.
                      We have Ph.D.'s in Threads! We analyzed every glance, every movement. That episode is so full of nuance.

sigpic
                      s u g a r s h a k e r

Comment

Originally posted by mara-anni View Post
                        Hi everyone.

I'm new to this thread, well any thread on gateworld actually, but i am a serious Sam/Jack shipper so i figured i'd say hi.

'100 Days' is definately a difficult ep to watch. I don't think Jack is really all that interested in Laira really. She basically gets him drunk and seduces him. She isvery persistent over the three months he's there too and, well, he is a man.

And the ship between Sam and Jack just seems so one sided to me, its all very depressing
                        WELCOME TO THE THREAD!!!!!!!!!!!!

talk often hehe
                        you just had to post it again didnt you...wait dont answer that I know its a yes
                        Originally posted by zuz View Post
                        I made some jacob&sam smilies and since we shippers generally like Dad (hi, jenn ) I thought i might as well post them in here, too.

Hope you like.
                        Oh I love them. WTG ZUZ!!!
                        Originally posted by SamJackShipLover View Post
                        New poll is up Round 2 week 14, how time flies eh?
                        And please people, quote this post during the week, so more people will get a chance to vote. The poll closes next friday.
                        I voted and look I quoted too

Originally posted by CountryJoy View Post
                        Awww a Sam 'n' Jack baby... congratulations to the lucky couple!
                        Call it cliche, but I've always liked the idea of Grace or Cheyenne for a girl and maybe Carter for a boy.
                        You know I have read a couple of FF and have seen it mentioned here before but I always laugh when someone says Carter for a boys name...I have only have only ever seen it used for a girls name. Infact one of my last Ladies League tennis matches of the season was again a Carter. So in other words all three of those names are girl names to me hehe
                        Originally posted by atlantis_babe34 View Post
                        Hey guys.. just finished a vid that should have been done ages ago.. Enjoy
                        When Your Gone
                        Congrats to the shippy sims bebiez mwoahaha.. My Sparky Couple just had their second
                        Its a loading

And catching up...you all talked a bunch!
                        sigpic
                        GO NEWMAN! 31!

Comment

Originally posted by chelle db View Post
                          I like Grace for a girl and Jacob for a boy...too many fics for me but it works!!

Ooh , baby names, a chance for a little OT. Tiger Woods and his wife Ellin just welcomed a baby girl and named her Sam Alexis. Now we know that Sam is a nickname for a girl if her name is Samantha(our lovely Sam Carter,for instance) and I know of a Sandra called Sam but have any of you ever heard of a girl being named just plain "Sam." (not that the Woodses can't name her anything they want, ya' understand.)

Comment

Originally posted by starlover1990 View Post
                            it also sounds like
                            Spoiler:
                            ar mensk...or something like that and that makes no sense at all
                            I know I'm weighing in late on this, but it really sounds like he's referring to a place. Taking into account what he said in the rest of the sentence, it sounds like the reference was to a location, instead of an emotion.

Comment

Originally posted by mara-anni View Post

Nice pic. Yeah, but i think there's quite a few in the 5-8 too, if you know where to look. Small moments, shared looks....
                              Yeah, here's a DPT from Forsaken in season 6:

The air just crackles with electricity when those two are together.

sigpic
                              s u g a r s h a k e r

Comment

Hmmmm....I've got like 5 of those books and not ever finished one. I'd have to say, from my limited experience...'City of the Gods'. I found what I saw in that one to be shippy and in character more than the rest. I've only read the 1st 4 chapters or so, but I've skimmed for ship. So, I guess that's my recommendation.

EDIT...We're not helping much. You've been rec'ed 5 different books.
                                Oh, I forgot City of the Gods. I liked that book too.

Yes, we're not helping much. LOL. I've read all of the books we've mentioned, and I enjoyed them all, although some are slightly better than the others. (I think I've just made everyone more confused. )
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X