Spyfall, Part 2 (3802 / 1202)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Spyfall, Part 2 (3802 / 1202)

Visit the Episode GuideDOCTOR WHO - SEASON 38 (12)
    SPYFALL, PART 2
    EPISODE NUMBER - 3802 / 1202
    An effort to escape the enemy's trap leaves the Doctor in the nineteenth century, skipping through time with the Master on her heels. Meanwhile the others are sent on the run with no way to prevent Barton's plan, and the Kasavin's interdimensional invasion.

VISIT THE EPISODE GUIDE >>
    Last edited by GateWorld; 06 January 2020, 09:18 PM.

So, a new mystery about the Timelords themselves... And its linked to that line from last season that had us all puzzled about the timeless child!

Also, the Master handily left trapped in that other universe, ready to escape in a few episodes/seasons...
    Last edited by Teddybrown; 05 January 2020, 02:03 PM.

Comment

I'm glad the comedy was left to the end,("oh, the plane!")
      The action and suspense had me completely focused so much I was surprised how quickly the time flew past.

The timeless child is intriguing, a Timelord historical figure, perhaps, or maybe it's in relation to the Doctor's past, or future. I'm looking forward to the story arc.
      sigpic

Comment

Holy sht. Okay this Episode turned me around for the next Season, should have known to not judge a two parter by the first half, the payoff is later and it was great. So we are going to discover a long mentioned story line. I wonder how they will do with it, but so far we are good.

I am still not a fan of Oh!. He certainly got evil down, crazy not really.

I am sure there are more hints spread out in the past 2 episodes than we noticed so far. This has ramifications. Earth was the target of many entities, but a extra dimensional race infiltrating the universe? Reminds me of the Silence.

Also, is the Doctor really so, i dont know if to call it bored from explaining or not letting his companions in? I mean its intriguing and all, but its not doing the Doc any good holding all this in.
        Last edited by tomstone; 05 January 2020, 10:02 PM.
        Fuzzy Wuzzy wasnt old,
        Fuzzy Wuzzy gotten bald
        There was Fuzzy no more Wuzzy

Comment

No idea what was happening!
          • Why was Barton in on it? he had nothing to gain except loose his customer base! What was his motivation?
          • What was the aliens motivation? Why are they interested in coming to this dimension?
          • What where they all trying to do? I guess the aliens wanted to download themselves into human bodies to occupy them> But why?
          • Why didn't the Doctor go after Barton? They just let him escape?
          • Killing the spies made no difference. Barton seemed to be very powerful, so what was the point. He could just hack into the systems and erase any trace of his plan.
          "You don't know half of it".
          Former C.I.A. Director George Bush
          (When asked about UFO secrecy by a member of his presidential campaign committee)

Comment

RIP all of Missy's character development in Season 10 not even mentioned. The episode it's self seemed a mishmash of Blink and Sound of Drums with a hint of the big tech is bad thing from the season 2 cyberman two parter.

Ohhh and Gallifrey is destroyed again! one wonders what the point of bring it back was then?

And why was Paris burning in 1943? it never got bombed and was under German occupation in 1943 not to be liberated until 1944.... doesn't take much research to get that right to be honest.

Jodi was her most convincing as the Doctor we've seen so far though so that's something.

Edit- And let's not even get into the nonsense that was the plane
            Last edited by The_Carpenter; 07 January 2020, 01:25 AM.
            A word of advice... there are creatures that live between this dimension and the next, fiendish creatures that feast on the suffering of an entire world to satiate their eternal hunger. Support the Gateworld Cantina or suffer the fate of all who fall into the clutches of the 'Eladrith Ynneas'

Comment

Originally posted by The_Carpenter View Post
              RIP all of Missy's character development in Season 10 not even mentioned. The episode it's self seemed a mishmash of Blink and Sound of Drums with a hint of the big tech is bad thing from the season 2 cyberman two parter.

Ohhh and Gallifrey is destroyed again! one wonders what the point of bring it back was then?

And why was Paris burning in 1943? it never got bombed and was under German occupation in 1943 not to be liberated until 1944.... doesn't take much research to get that right to be honest.

Jodi was her most convincing as the Doctor we've seen so far though so that's something.

Edit- And let's not even get into the nonsense that was the plane
              I guess the new writers dont care that much, not sure if thats positive or negative. Given how the Rosa Parks episode was actually quite good so it stayed in memory. Did Staff actually change during these Seasons? It seems different.
              Fuzzy Wuzzy wasnt old,
              Fuzzy Wuzzy gotten bald
              There was Fuzzy no more Wuzzy

Comment

My understanding is that Chibnall has assembled his own team of writers - at least for the most part.
                back on YouTube - https://www.youtube.com/@The-Cosmic-Hobo
                "How Doomsday Should Have Ended!" • "Bigger on the Inside?" • "The Doctor Falls - With Hartnell!"
                "The War Games - In 10 Minutes" • "Announcement of Jon Pertwee's death" •
                and lots more!

Comment

I don't care what gang of idiots he rode in with. I want him gone!

Comment

Working...
                  X