• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Last of the Starks (804)

Visit the Episode GuideGAME OF THRONES - SEASON EIGHT
    THE LAST OF THE STARKS
    EPISODE NUMBER - 804
    In the wake of a pyrrhic victory the allied forces celebrate at Winterfell, while Daenerys looks to the final war that still lies ahead. With tension between Dany and his sisters, Jon faces a difficult choice about who to trust with his secret -- and Cersei's forces make their first strike.

VISIT THE EPISODE GUIDE >>
    Last edited by GateWorld; 12 May 2019, 08:50 PM.

So one relationship seems to be on the rocks, another develops, but may face a tragic end. We lost another dragon and it seems loyalties are well and truly divided.

Jon can’t keep his mouth shut and he can’t learn one lesson of leadership - sometimes it’s what you don’t say that matters most.

We do have confirmation that Cersei is preggers - although whose baby it is may be anyone’s guess.

We see more of Dany’s dark side, her insecurity may ultimately be her undoing.

Tyrion seems to be devoted, but I wonder if it blinds him to the truth?

Varys may ultimately be the greatest wild card - one with loyalty to the kingdom, not the person on the throne.

Poor Mesande. Ultimately all Cersei has done is really, really tick them off.
    Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Feels like they're moving the pieces to their final positions. Is that the last we've seen of some characters...

Wasnt expecting to lose another dragon, that was a suprise. First Jorah, now another dragon and Mesande. How long before she goes full mad king? At least Jamies coming back South but is that the end of him and Brienne...

Only two episodes left and this will be the only episode Ill have to spoiler dodge all day and not watch as soon as I wake up...

Comment

I wonder if we’re working back full circle....We have a new king slayer in Arya, what if Cersei dies in child birth and that child is spirited away to be the new storm born? We get a new king on the throne - Gendry is my pick personally, Arya the King Slayer as his hand. Jamie spiriting his (maybe) child off to save it, thus coming up with a tragic ending for Brienne. Jon goes up north to man the wall (ala Aemon Targaryen...whoever was the first commander when he got there) and the game is basically reset for the next round in 20 years or so (minus the white walkers)
        Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Opened well enough, honoring their dead, and you could actually see the whole episode.
          But the celebrations/feast after the opening dragged on for too long in my opinion.

Jamie is off to see Cersei, so maybe he will be the one to kill her, as per the proficy.
          But Arya & the Hound are also heading to Kingslanding separate from the main group, so could Arya, the faceless assassin, turn up as Jamie or Tyrion and be the valonquor? (The plot, like mother's gravy, thickens)

I was a bit confused by the loss of the dragon. Why didn't it go kamikaze after the first spear & go down breathing fire all over Euron? And didn't Tyrion's ships have any weapons to fight back against Euron? They are sailing to Kingslanding to fight a war unarmed?
          http://i.imgur.com/gDxdl9E.gif

​ ​

Comment

serious aiming skills from Euron the king of the sea

Dany must seriously regret she locked up Viserion & Rhaegon back in Mereen if she hadn't they'd both be bigger & better armoured just like Drogon & would probably still be alive

Comment

Was Mesande teleported to Euron's chip ? They didnt get that close to them to get her.
              This episode was just bad. 1 sex scene ends to start with other. Then we have long talks of useless text with people drama. The Jon talk with hes family and when the most interesting part comes out of that then they just flp the picture to some other drama and no reactions from these 2 girl to see what they say for knowing he's real name.

Tyrions ships looked like they were just transport ships and not made for sea battle.
              Last edited by lopo30; 06 May 2019, 05:12 AM.
              sorry about my lack of language skills as it is not my daily language and have learned it by my self as not from any help of others or a school

Comment

here's for a good quiz: on a scale of Sansa to Eddard how good are you at keeping a secret?

Comment

Did anyone spot House Starbucks?

Those hits on the dragon were in quite quick succession and the placements meant it couldnt really fly anymore. Chest, wing and throat = pretty much taken out.

Comment

There's a minute when Cersei stands beside Missandei and grasps her harm. I wish that Missandei could have shoved Cersei from the parapets and saved everyone the bother of more battles. (I don't really wish it. We need to fill two more episodes.)

Comment

Originally posted by Teddybrown View Post
                      Did anyone spot House Starbucks?
                      that'd be Starkbucks

Originally posted by Brother Freyr View Post
                      There's a minute when Cersei stands beside Missandei and grasps her harm. I wish that Missandei could have shoved Cersei from the parapets and saved everyone the bother of more battles. (I don't really wish it. We need to fill two more episodes.)
                      Missandei episode 2: "our people are peaceful"

an understatement apparently (maybe her people are related to the Nox?)

Comment

Did anyone else's thoughts snap to the following problem when Rhaegal died?

It would be difficult to convince the Westerosi nobility of Jon's claim to the throne (should he want it). There's little evidence to prove that Jon's parentage is anything but a convenient story. The high septon's journal is persuasive IF the Citadel validates and disseminates the septon's account. Bran's testimony is authoritative only to those who understand what Bran is and want to believe him. People who don't want to believe Bran will say that he's lying for his brother.

The dragons are different.

Rhaegal was visible, persuasive evidence of Jon's Targaryen blood. Both dragons liked him. Rhaegal accepted him as a lone rider. Rhaegal sensed what Jon wanted as a rider, just as Drogon does for Daenerys. (or so it appeared, and it would have been otherwise stupid to put Jon on Rhaegal for the Battle of Winterfell.) People could see Jon's ability with dragons as confirmation that he's a Targaryen. Now his most powerful evidence is gone.

These were my thoughts a few seconds after saying "Oh no!" "Oh f**k", "Oh, poor Dany."
                        Last edited by Brother Freyr; 06 May 2019, 12:49 PM. Reason: Rhaegal, not Rhaegon. ack

Comment

Originally posted by SoulReaver View Post
                          that'd be Starkbucks

Missandei episode 2: "our people are peaceful"
                          Missandei episode 4: "dracarys"
                          Last edited by Brother Freyr; 06 May 2019, 11:36 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Brother Freyr View Post
                            Missandei episode 4: "dracarys"
                            Voice print not recognised, access denied!

Comment

I am sure that there city civilians will be some magic Daenerys army as civilians that were packed in that city long ago to fight from the inside. There are so much about few of the last episodes where everyone have some crazy super powers.
                              sorry about my lack of language skills as it is not my daily language and have learned it by my self as not from any help of others or a school

Comment

Working...
                              X