• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Trinity (317)

Visit the Episode GuideSUPERGIRL - SEASON THREE
    TRINITY
    EPISODE NUMBER - 317
    The D.E.O. team struggles with trust issues after discovering Lena's secret, and Supergirl leads a team into a realm where they hope to find Sam's suppressed consciousness -- setting up an epic battle against Reign and the Worldkillers. James considers whether or not he can break Lena's trust when Supergirl asks Guardian for a favor.

VISIT THE EPISODE GUIDE >>
    Last edited by GateWorld; 10 May 2018, 05:30 PM.

As soon as "Guardian" chose not to enter Lena's vault, choosing to trust her instead, you knew something was rotten in Lenaland. And of course, it turned out that Lena not only has access to Kryptonite, but has expended the R&D to learn to create it herself.

There were also a few references to her Luthor heritage in the show. Any bets against her turning to the dark side in future episodes?

Comment

Originally posted by Annoyed View Post
      As soon as "Guardian" chose not to enter Lena's vault, choosing to trust her instead, you knew something was rotten in Lenaland. And of course, it turned out that Lena not only has access to Kryptonite, but has expended the R&D to learn to create it herself.

There were also a few references to her Luthor heritage in the show. Any bets against her turning to the dark side in future episodes?
      I keep waiting for that to happen. It wouldn't surprise me if it does. Maybe when he learns Kara's secret...that will push her over the edge.

I just wonder how one makes kryptonite. It is supposed to be radioactive pieces of Krypton. How can one create a piece of a planet in a lab?
      sigpic

Comment

I can't wait to see Linda freak out. Someone got away with hiding from the DEO. And it was Linda's obsession character. It will be hilarious
        Originally posted by aretood2
        Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by LtColCarter View Post
          I keep waiting for that to happen. It wouldn't surprise me if it does. Maybe when he learns Kara's secret...that will push her over the edge.

I just wonder how one makes kryptonite. It is supposed to be radioactive pieces of Krypton. How can one create a piece of a planet in a lab?
          Well, these writers gather in a room......

Comment

Katie McGrath and Odette Anabelle are the best things to happen to the show since it moved to CW. Every episode they just blow it out of the water.

It's good to see Lena stand up to the DEO, a clandestine organisation who keep Aliens locked up without due process. Seriously how is she supposed to know she can trust them with Sam given that they fight, capture and lock up Aliens. They all give Lena a hard time for keeping secrets yet ALL of them are keeping secrets. Good on her for standing up to them and telling them a few home truths. But badass Lena is bloody awesome I loved the interaction with Lena and Brainy lol. I'd love to see those two working together again.

How crazy is it that James, the one that tried like hell to prove Lena as another Luthor is the one now to trust her the most
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Linda06 View Post
              Katie McGrath and Odette Anabelle are the best things to happen to the show since it moved to CW. Every episode they just blow it out of the water.

It's good to see Lena stand up to the DEO, a clandestine organisation who keep Aliens locked up without due process. Seriously how is she supposed to know she can trust them with Sam given that they fight, capture and lock up Aliens. They all give Lena a hard time for keeping secrets yet ALL of them are keeping secrets. Good on her for standing up to them and telling them a few home truths. But badass Lena is bloody awesome I loved the interaction with Lena and Brainy lol. I'd love to see those two working together again.

How crazy is it that James, the one that tried like hell to prove Lena as another Luthor is the one now to trust her the most
              I'm starting to think you're Annoyed's sister. Can't you see the obvious plot evolution here? Lena make kryptonite? I mean come on. It is more than the secrets. Additionally, every governmental agency has classified materials. Hell, even I deal with classified materials that I cannot discuss with others. However, I'm going any further because...yeah...I'm just not.
              sigpic

Comment

I'm starting to think you're Annoyed's sister. Can't you see the obvious plot evolution here? Lena make kryptonite? I mean come on. It is more than the secrets. Additionally, every governmental agency has classified materials. Hell, even I deal with classified materials that I cannot discuss with others. However, I'm going any further because...yeah...I'm just not.
                Kara is still lying. Saying they have a clean slate now and leaving out the fact she asked James to do an illegal search of Lena's lab. What would they have done if they did find more Kryptonite? Arrest her? Because they'd have no legal proof, they evidence they would have recovered would have been thrown out as it was an illegal search. Or maybe the would have just locked her up at the DEO without due process. They are good at doing that after all. Lena was trying to save her friend. She had no reason to trust the DEO or Supergirl, after all Alex who works for the DEO and Supergirl have been lying to her from the start. Why should she trust them, and she told James she figured out how to make Kryptonite knowing his connection to Superman and Supergirl. If she was going to use it for nefarious means she wouldn't tell James that. All she's ever wanted was to be Treated fairly for her own actions, not the actions of her family. James said it, she was trying to help her friend and didn't care how her actions might be perceived. All she's ever done is try to help people, whether it was saving all the Aliens in national city to trying to save a friend
                sigpic

Comment

I find your hypocrisy hilarious. Last week you were complaining about the DEO giving out slaps on the wrist. But you look the other way when its a character you like
                  Jelgate is right

Comment

Kara is still lying. Saying they have a clean slate now and leaving out the fact she asked James to do an illegal search of Lena's lab. What would they have done if they did find more Kryptonite? Arrest her? Because they'd have no legal proof, they evidence they would have recovered would have been thrown out as it was an illegal search. Or maybe the would have just locked her up at the DEO without due process. They are good at doing that after all. Lena was trying to save her friend. She had no reason to trust the DEO or Supergirl, after all Alex who works for the DEO and Supergirl have been lying to her from the start. Why should she trust them, and she told James she figured out how to make Kryptonite knowing his connection to Superman and Supergirl. If she was going to use it for nefarious means she wouldn't tell James that. All she's ever wanted was to be Treated fairly for her own actions, not the actions of her family. James said it, she was trying to help her friend and didn't care how her actions might be perceived. All she's ever done is try to help people, whether it was saving all the Aliens in national city to trying to save a friend
                    Part of the Supergirl/Man mythos is keeping their identity a secret. Certain people do know, but the whole world can't know. Due process is for the citizens of this planet...not for extraterrestrial visitors who endanger the indigenous lifeforms.

I also doubt that the DEO would lock up Lena. She's too high profile.

There is no way to know if Lena will or will not use her manufactured kryptonite for nefarious means. However, she was taken aback when James told her he investigated her lab at Supergirl's behest.

Anyway...if I say more...I'll have to bring Annoyed's dead horse meme over here.

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
                    I find your hypocrisy hilarious. Last week you were complaining about the DEO giving out slaps on the wrist. But you look the other way when its a character you like
                    As I said...she's is Annoyed's twin sister! Talking in partly grammatically incorrect circles and repeating the same things over and over.
                    sigpic

Comment

Well if you are annoyed or don't like my opinions there's this little thing called scrolling on by. Lot's of people do it
                      sigpic

Comment

Well if you are annoyed or don't like my opinions there's this little thing called scrolling on by. Lot's of people do it
                        No...Annoyed is someone who posts on Gateworld. You remind me of him to some extent.
                        sigpic

Comment

The bigger question, is why isn't the FBI using facial recognition on Supergirl. It's a pretty poor mask
                          Jelgate is right

Comment

Part of the Supergirl/Man mythos is keeping their identity a secret. Certain people do know, but the whole world can't know. Due process is for the citizens of this planet...not for extraterrestrial visitors who endanger the indigenous lifeforms.
                            This show has ignored that mythos so far. In prior incarnations of Superman, you could count the # of people who knew his secret identity on one hand with fingers to spare. In comparison, Supergirl might as well post a billboard and take out TV ads.

Comment

Working...
                            X