• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Perverse Instantiation, Part Two (316)

Visit the Episode GuideTHE 100 - SEASON THREE
    PERVERSE INSTANTIATION, PART 2
    EPISODE NUMBER - 316
    With no options left Clarke takes drastic actions to try and retrieve the code to Alie's kill switch, while her friends work to secure the tower from the onslaught of Alie's forces.

VISIT THE EPISODE GUIDE >>
    Last edited by GateWorld; 17 June 2016, 11:39 PM.

Nice end.. Loved how Mom and Murphy had to alternate pumping the icequeen's heart to keep her night blood flowing into Clarke, so why she had the chip 2.0 in her, she wouldn't die.. And how they showed te physical effects of that on her.

I also liked that when she got into the city of light, that the chip cloaked her for a while, and that Lexa's spirit showed up to help defend her.. Though i wonder why no other past commander did...

Man is Eli evil as hell, blowing up what few remaining nuke plants there are, to irradiate the planet so the ONLY safe space there would be is in the city of light.. THough i wonder HOW she did so? Surely after 100 years, there would be no power or other stuff to allow those plants to run, let alone go critical///? So was she for real, or was it a fake out???

Comment

It was my understanding that the nuclear plants eroding was before the City of Light as a result of her bombing everyone 100 years ago
      Originally posted by aretood2
      Jelgate is right

Comment

From the way she seemed to explain it though, it was only a few months ago her drones supposedly even FOUND them, for her to set into going critical.. Ergo a recent development.

Comment

Her drones can only observe. Never seen them have offensive actions. Just a way to spy on us
          Originally posted by aretood2
          Jelgate is right

Comment

Ok, this jumped out at me within a few seconds...

Where on what's left of Earth did Clarke get lipstick that she was clearly wearing as she was using the EMP on her mother in the opening scene?

Comment

Good finale, overall.

With the AI threat gone? and the grounders hopefully able to co-exist with the ark survivors, I hope next season's focus is to find a way to survive on the radioactive Earth, rather than the endless fighting and killing we have had this year. The producers must get one heck of a bulk rate price on fake blood and gore.
              I would much rather watch them face and overcome challenges from their environment rather than constant fighting. That has gotten very old for me.

Nice to see Pike get his just deserts, too. It would have been nice if Jaha met his fate as well, but I guess I can't have everything.

Comment

Originally posted by Annoyed View Post
                With the AI threat gone? and the grounders hopefully able to co-exist with the ark survivors, I hope next season's focus is to find a way to survive on the radioactive Earth, rather than the endless fighting and killing we have had this year. The producers must get one heck of a bulk rate price on fake blood and gore.
                That's assuming of course, that Eli was lying about those plants going nuclear..

Nice to see Pike get his just deserts, too. It would have been nice if Jaha met his fate as well, but I guess I can't have everything.
                I was actually Irked that Octavia just killed pike like that.. especially after he had just saved her butt.. AND i would have also liked to see Jaha get it.. BAD!

Comment

Originally posted by garhkal View Post
                  That's assuming of course, that Eli was lying about those plants going nuclear..
                  I am taking that at face value, for now.

Next season, I would rather see them struggling with how to survive on a radioactive Earth, or some other non-combat threat rather than the constant bloodletting of this season. Aside from the fantasy "City of Light", was there even one scene the entire season when everyone wasn't covered with their own and other people's blood and gore? Yeah, so 100 years (or whatever) into the future, we're still hell bent on killing each other. I think we can take that as a given.
                  How about having the show explore some new aspect?

Comment

I really liked the season finale, and this season overall. I think it had a bit of a rough start, it seemed to ignore or barely develop the motivations of some characters (Bellamy and Pike) while spending too much time (imo) developing Clarke and Lexa' s relationship. This was probably due to the fact that they only had the actress that plays Lexa for a set number of episodes, but it really was detrimental to the development of the other characters, especially Bellamy. He seemed almost out of character with his Grounder hate and his willingness to follow Pike and kill all Grounders. I know a brief explanation was given but they really needed to spend more time showing Bellamy's relationship with Gina and Pike and his state of mind after the bombing of Mt. Weather, in order for his character development to be more believable.

I feel that once Lexa died, the season really took off, and I've loved every episode since then (including the episode in which she died), not because Lexa died (because I did like Lexa), but because her death moved the story forward in an interesting way, IMO, and more time was spent on developing other characters again, instead of developing the Clark/Lexa relationship.

I really liked all of the characters in this episode. Loved Clarke in the City of Light, loved Raven, loved Octavia, loved Murphy and Abby. It was great seeing Lexa again, even though I was spoiled about her appearance in the finale early on in the season.

Overall I think I enjoyed this season more than last season, mainly because I didn't find Clarke as obnoxious, and the other characters seemed to have minds' of their own this season and didn't just blindly follow or look to Clarke for the answers every time she was around them (for the most part anyway). To me, that was one of the most annoying things about last season. For the most part, last season was a bit better overall when it came to pacing and character development though. I'm really looking forward to next season.
                    sigpic

Comment

I am taking that at face value, for now.

Next season, I would rather see them struggling with how to survive on a radioactive Earth, or some other non-combat threat rather than the constant bloodletting of this season. Aside from the fantasy "City of Light", was there even one scene the entire season when everyone wasn't covered with their own and other people's blood and gore? Yeah, so 100 years (or whatever) into the future, we're still hell bent on killing each other. I think we can take that as a given.
                      How about having the show explore some new aspect?
                      I agree. Heck what about the other continents? Are there grounders there, and if so have they tribed up similar to the ones in the US? Are they as bloodthirsty?

The other Arc segments? Where did they land, and were there survivors?

How's about more scenes of people trying to figure out a problem NON combat related (how do we get that river cleansed and flow the water into our new farmland?

Comment

Good ending. That was an awfy long 20 seconds though It was good to see Lexa again. I miss her.

So I wonder how much of what the A.I. said was true, if any. I'm watching the new season online next time to avoid spoilers
                        sigpic

Comment

Well in my first post i did make that mention, that how do we know she wasn't bluffing in relation to those power plants going boom..

Comment

It could have been a bluff to try stop Clarke from pulling the kill switch. Guess we'll know in the new season
                            sigpic

Comment

And if it wasn't, it leads to some MORE survival stories...

Comment

Working...
                              X