• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Paradise Lost (316)

Visit the Episode GuideAGENTS OF S.H.I.E.L.D. - SEASON THREE
    PARADISE LOST
    EPISODE NUMBER - 316
    As the Maveth entity prepares to reveal himself to the true believers, Malick returns home and is confronted by his past. Lincoln leads Daisy to find a former member of the Afterlife community, who he believes might have critical information about their enemy.

VISIT THE EPISODE GUIDE >>
    Last edited by GateWorld; 16 April 2016, 09:16 PM.

Wow.. I actually felt sorry for Malick.. Losing his daughter like that. And 'hive ward' was a lot more evil in this ep than last..

Now we kinda know why i think Lash has a hard on to smack sparky around.
    Though if Mr 'survivalist' was to have been given powers, i wonder what they would be??

LOVED the may fight with Giyera. That was a classic chopsaki smackdown!..
    Though you would have thought they would have gassed him or something to keep him down!

And how it ended.. Yeousers.

Comment

Great episode this season for the most part has been awesome. It was cool to see Whitehall again I feel like his hydra was way more sinister than Malick's. One thing I don't get is how Giyera was able to control the seat belt buckle outside of the room. As soon as the doors closed earlier the stuff he was controlling fell.

Which Avenger do you think would have the easiest time killing Maven/Hive. I would lean towards Thor possibly the organisms wouldn't work on him cause ei is from asguard
      Duct tape is like the Force. It has a light side and a dark side and it holds the universe together
      sigpic

Comment

--Another great episode. I, too, started to feel a little sorry for Malick, though not too much. He was selfish - protecting himself from being chosen to go through the portal knowing his brother might be chosen. That was a really cool twist that Hive didn't kill Malick (yet) but instead killed his daughter - probably the only person Malick cares for in the world.
        --I predict that Malick will end up helping SHIELD. I mean - does Malick believe that Hive trusts him at this point? Hive says that the scales have been balanced - I suppose that means that the death of Gideon's daughter makes up for allowing the brother to be sacrificed. Does Malick really think he is going to rule the world with Hive now?
        --Giyera vs. May fight was great. I want to see her kick his ass again, dammit! It's too bad the team couldn't take the vaccine for changing potential Inhumans into normal humans and have it neutralize Inhuman powers.
        --Smart thinking on Daisy's part - she was able to hold down the landmind until she and Lincoln were a safe distance and then she disarmed all the remaining ones with her power.
        --I liked James - the banished, non-transformed Inhuman. At first I thought that Lincoln and Daisy were going to fight about whether they should allow James to transform or not. (More on their "terrigenesis is a birthright vs. not everyone should transform.) Once Lincoln offered the crystal I had guessed that Lincoln was giving him a fake - but snatching away the real thing is less complicated than making a fake one.
        --I wonder whether we will actually see James again or not. Hive/Hydra could find him, give him fish oil pills, and then Hive could control him.

Some thoughts on the promo (hidden for those who avoid them for spoilers):
        Spoiler:
        "One of these combatants is not what they seem." Wait - one of them is a traitor??? Or already being controlled by Hive? I keep hoping it's Lincoln because I don't want it to be one of the others! But it would be super scary if Hive is controlling Lincoln because then he probably knows about James and what James knows about defeating Hive. No wait - I don't think Hive can read the minds of people he controls. Hive had to ask Giyera how Malick was (end of episode 3x15) and Giyera explained that Malick seemed scared. If someone is under Hive's control, it would make sense if it were Lincoln. Hive could have gotten control of Lincoln while at the Transia building (after Lincoln was hit in the head by a fire extinguisher courtesy of Giyera).
        sigpic
        Thanks to Starlover1990 for the banner

Comment

A couple of things I forgot to mention:
          --Nice to see Whitehall again! I like the acknowledgment that there were basically 2 Hydras at work: the original one that had been around for centuries - worshiping a Hydra god that had been banished to another planet, and the 2nd one that was interested in power and finding it on earth in as many ways as possible. Too bad Malick never got to show Whitehall that the Hydra god was real!
          --I'm not sure I really understand Coulson's angst about killing Ward. He had sent Hunter on a mission to kill Ward. Ward needed to be put down and Coulson was in a position to do that on the planet. He did. Coulson can have regrets because in killing Ward he unknowingly gave Hive the means to get off the planet, but Coulson shouldn't feel guilty for killing Ward.
          --We've seen Hive talk about what Coulson did to "him" (Ward) on the planet. And in this episode talked about what was done to him (Nathaniel) by Gideon.
          --Not sure how I feel about Hive. I like that he doesn't get flustered or upset or angry. I mean, it seems like everything is going his way right now, so what would he need to be angry about?
          --While we are bringing characters back - let's bring back Elliot Randolph (the Asgardian who pretended to be a history professor). He said he hadn't heard the word Inhuman in a very long time. Could he have actually been around when Hive was defeated the first time???
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by meredithchandler73 View Post
            --Another great episode. I, too, started to feel a little sorry for Malick, though not too much. He was selfish - protecting himself from being chosen to go through the portal knowing his brother might be chosen. That was a really cool twist that Hive didn't kill Malick (yet) but instead killed his daughter - probably the only person Malick cares for in the world.
            True, he did seem to be rather selfish but i doubt anyone of us in that situation would NOT also have done so..

---I predict that Malick will end up helping SHIELD. I mean - does Malick believe that Hive trusts him at this point? Hive says that the scales have been balanced - I suppose that means that the death of Gideon's daughter makes up for allowing the brother to be sacrificed. Does Malick really think he is going to rule the world with Hive now?
            Its gonna be a real twist though to see shield trusting Malick if he does try..

---Giyera vs. May fight was great. I want to see her kick his ass again, dammit! It's too bad the team couldn't take the vaccine for changing potential Inhumans into normal humans and have it neutralize Inhuman powers.
            Yea, but you then get into the whole argument of "if we can neutralize their powrs, why not force all inhumans to take it, so they are no longer a threat (even if they are not one as is)" Just like the organization in the 100 was, same with the govt in X3.. With their Mutant cure...

---Smart thinking on Daisy's part - she was able to hold down the landmind until she and Lincoln were a safe distance and then she disarmed all the remaining ones with her power.
            Been a while since we saw her cut loose like that!

---I liked James - the banished, non-transformed Inhuman. At first I thought that Lincoln and Daisy were going to fight about whether they should allow James to transform or not. (More on their "terrigenesis is a birthright vs. not everyone should transform.) Once Lincoln offered the crystal I had guessed that Lincoln was giving him a fake - but snatching away the real thing is less complicated than making a fake one.
            Which to me lends credence to what james was on about in "Lincoln was unworthy of that gift'...
            He is starting to seem more and more like the bad guy that Lash thinks he is...

---I wonder whether we will actually see James again or not. Hive/Hydra could find him, give him fish oil pills, and then Hive could control him.
            I hope we DO see him again, but not as part of Hive/hydra..

-Some thoughts on the promo (hidden for those who avoid them for spoilers):

Spoiler:
            "One of these combatants is not what they seem." Wait - one of them is a traitor??? Or already being controlled by Hive? I keep hoping it's Lincoln because I don't want it to be one of the others! But it would be super scary if Hive is controlling Lincoln because then he probably knows about James and what James knows about defeating Hive. No wait - I don't think Hive can read the minds of people he controls. Hive had to ask Giyera how Malick was (end of episode 3x15) and Giyera explained that Malick seemed scared. If someone is under Hive's control, it would make sense if it were Lincoln. Hive could have gotten control of Lincoln while at the Transia building (after Lincoln was hit in the head by a fire extinguisher courtesy of Giyera).
            I think it might actually be that gal they met in Mexico..

--While we are bringing characters back - let's bring back Elliot Randolph (the Asgardian who pretended to be a history professor). He said he hadn't heard the word Inhuman in a very long time. Could he have actually been around when Hive was defeated the first time???
            Hmm.. That's an interesting question. Or Lady Sif!

Comment

#HailSquidWard !

Screen Shot 2016-04-13 at 11.45.49 AM.jpg
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by garhkal View Post
                I think it might actually be that gal they met in Mexico...
                I really hope not! I like her!!!
                sigpic

Comment

Well, who else? We have Mr 'melty". That's it for their super friends that i remember.

Comment

Well, who else? We have Mr 'melty". That's it for their super friends that i remember.
                    Don't remember if we saw Creel in the preview, but Talbott could loan him to them too. His son was part of the Secret Warriors in the comics.

Comment

But Creel is not an inhuman, so can hive control/take him over??

Comment

The thing is - Lincoln has been alone with Hive. Remember at the Transia building - Lincoln got hit in the head with the fire extinguisher (by Giyera). We hear Lincoln tell Coulson that he sees Hive. Coulson says "do not engage" and then the last image we have of Lincoln is him lying on the ground, blood on face, looking at Giyera and Hive talking to each other at the end of the hall, basically paying no attention to Lincoln. Maybe they were paying no attention because Hive already got control of Lincoln. Remember - Giyera asked Hive while they were about to leave the building if they should kill the SHIELD people they find. Hive tells Giyera "Only if they are human."
                        sigpic

Comment

Which might also explain why Lincoln kind of lied to daisy about his past when they encountered that survivalist.

Comment

Working...
                          X