• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pilot (101)

Visit the Episode GuideTHE FLASH - SEASON ONE
    PILOT
    EPISODE NUMBER - 101
    Attempting to uncover the truth about his mother's murder, Barry Allen has an encounter with a particle accelerator and, after awakening from a nine-month coma, discovers that he has become the fastest man alive.

VISIT THE EPISODE GUIDE >>
    Last edited by GateWorld; 07 October 2014, 11:05 PM.

Overall I really like the pilot as far as pilots go. I'm hoping he can just be happy for his best friend and doesn't turn into a weirdo about it since he obviously has feelings for her. I'm very glad that her dad found out about it so he won't be hiding it from everyone on the show.

He'd have to go 900 mph, that could kill him...LOL...can't the Flash run FTL? Maybe not yet but 900 should be a piece of cake for him.
    sigpic

Comment

I like the pilot, it was a strong start to the series.

And yeah, the Flash can easily go a lot faster than 900 mph but there's no way that the techies could know how fast he really is Plus maybe his powers are still evolving.

Comment

I enjoyed it more than I thought I would. The transition of him coming from Starling City at the beginning felt a bit shaky. I felt they didn't really explain it well enough. My least favorite scene was him with The Arrow. It felt rushed. Oliver's reaction seemed very glossed over and not very believable. Other than that I think it was a good beginning.

Comment

Originally posted by Wyrminarrd View Post
          I like the pilot, it was a strong start to the series.

And yeah, the Flash can easily go a lot faster than 900 mph but there's no way that the techies could know how fast he really is Plus maybe his powers are still evolving.
          I think his powers evolve\grow as he gets more in tune with the speed force, but hard to know how true they'll be to the comics.

Originally posted by Looney View Post
          I enjoyed it more than I thought I would. The transition of him coming from Starling City at the beginning felt a bit shaky. I felt they didn't really explain it well enough. My least favorite scene was him with The Arrow. It felt rushed. Oliver's reaction seemed very glossed over and not very believable. Other than that I think it was a good beginning.
          Originally this pilot was going to be an Arrow 2 part episode, but they ended up going for a full pilot with a series order so maybe they didn't change some of the stuff after all.

What about that doctor getting up and walking and seeing Barry's future?
          sigpic

Comment

I would have much preferred it had they had the meeting with Oli be longer, but i did like what they had.

For me it was a decent intro.

Comment

I'm new to this comic genre, but I really enjoy Arrow so I obviously wanted to give this a try. I thought it was great, looking forward to the next episode.

Comment

On another site where we are discussing the flash's premier, someone made the comment, that perhaps that scene where the 'CEO" is looking at that 'future newspaper' in his secret room, is cause he IS barry, but lost his powers somehow, and is either trying to train "himself "better so he doesn't lose them, or maybe to strip barry of them to give them back to himself?

Comment

Originally posted by garhkal View Post
                  On another site where we are discussing the flash's premier, someone made the comment, that perhaps that scene where the 'CEO" is looking at that 'future newspaper' in his secret room, is cause he IS barry, but lost his powers somehow, and is either trying to train "himself "better so he doesn't lose them, or maybe to strip barry of them to give them back to himself?
                  Not sure how he'd travel back in time if he lost his powers. Also, did he also change his appearance? I find this unlikely.
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by garhkal View Post
                    Originally posted by Spimman View Post
                    Not sure how he'd travel back in time if he lost his powers. Also, did he also change his appearance? I find this unlikely.
                    Whatever you guys do... don't start looking into the comic book lore. It won't take much digging for you to figure out what's going on.
                    Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Comment

Originally posted by P-90_177 View Post
                      Whatever you guys do... don't start looking into the comic book lore. It won't take much digging for you to figure out what's going on.
                      I have been purposefully avoiding it. I am already somewhat familiar with the basics of the Flash, but mostly from DC Animated films that deal with the entire Justice League.
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Spimman View Post
                        I have been purposefully avoiding it. I am already somewhat familiar with the basics of the Flash, but mostly from DC Animated films that deal with the entire Justice League.
                        Fortunately for you they tend to deal more with other villains than Flash's (Except Gorilla Grodd in the cartoon series). But I'd try to avoid those too now. If nothing else then certainly avoid The Flashpoint Paradox.
                        Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Comment

Working...
                        X