• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Pickett Line (307)

Visit the Episode GuideFALLING SKIES SEASON THREE
    THE PICKETT LINE
    EPISODE NUMBER - 307
    The Masons’ search for their missing family is waylaid when they are ambushed by a family living off the grid. In Charleston, Pope threatens to bring a halt to the Volm project, and Cochise returns with new revelations.

VISIT THE EPISODE GUIDE >>
    Last edited by Darren; 25 July 2013, 09:04 PM.

This.

This was an excellent episode.

And I did not see this coming...I was so convinced that it was Marina that was the mole that I refused to think of anyone else, least of all Lourdes. But when she walked in and talked to the president...I just thought "...Oh no."

Great story, character development (Especially Matt, though still annoying, has become a much better character overall compared to the first two seasons, and Tom realizing that by shooting that guy, his son's last bit of innocence was lost), and ending. I hope this episode marks a turning point in this season that, while good, has been a bit of a disappointment compared to season 2.
    sigpic

Comment

Boy I didn't see that coming!!

Spoiler:
      But I agree with the above, when Lourdes was in the room with the Pres. I did start to get suspicious and yep looks like she's the mole!! Also, looks like Pope is actually missing Tom Mason but there may be an alliance coming between him and Weaver. And... do we trust the Volm? or Not? hmmmm.
      Bet they'll leave that issue hanging for the season ending.

Comment

Actually, I do have one gripe...The whole part where the weapons kept getting taken back and forth...That was a bit off. But other than that it was a great episode.
        sigpic

Comment

I knew Loudres the mole, but only when walked into see the president, I was convince its Marina before that, thought the iv drip was carrying a poison, the actor I thought did a good job playing that scene, it was spooky see her so calm sitting on the bed and taking aim at the ceiling, and then in the church surrounded by candles, is Loudres really under alien control or is she willingly cooperating with the overlords for another reason and her visit to the church was her way for asking for forgiveness for taking a life an betraying her friends. I wonder if Weaver will try to take her alive when it reveal she the mole.

Not sure why she or technically her controller decide to take the president out through. I really disappointed that we didn't see more of the Cochise and the President making their way back to Charleston. Learnt a few bits and pieces about our aliens and their plans. Both the volm and Ephini are genetically engineer soldiers, thats never has a good outcome in scifi. We learnt that the new leader of the skitter rebels is even more fanatical than red eyes.

I did like the way as soon as their was alert Weaver and Pope dropped their childish games, an they are games, and went to the front lines to fight .

I got a dreadful feeling that the Volm are telling the truth to a degree but aren't being completely honest but Weaver and Pope will take the weapon out anyway.

An why would someone builds a defense grid that kills all life unless it genetically modified? That alone seem odd. That would destroy the ecosystem of an entire planet, which would wipe out the people the defence grid is suppose to defend. Sound like something only someone desperate to defend themselves would build, an act of absolute last resort. Perhaps it was the Volm that started this war off, the defensive grid bought the overlord time to build a fleet of ships and abandon their homeworld to Volm conquest and now they been fighting one another across the galaxy. This would explain why the Esphini are worried about the weapon, as they never encountered anything that could bring down their defence grid.
          Last edited by knowles2; 16 July 2013, 11:13 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Gen. Chris View Post
            This was an excellent episode.
            Far better than the past 2 eps i will agree. And i LOVED the fact we got to see one of our favorite SG cast offs (Christopher Heyerdahl) in an ep! YAYYY>>

And I did not see this coming...I was so convinced that it was Marina that was the mole that I refused to think of anyone else, least of all Lourdes. But when she walked in and talked to the president...I just thought "...Oh no."
            It was a massive twist! And how she looked with all those eye bugs in made me squeamish.. Though i am now wanting to know WHEN/HOW they bugged her?

Great story, character development (Especially Matt, though still annoying, has become a much better character overall compared to the first two seasons, and Tom realizing that by shooting that guy, his son's last bit of innocence was lost), and ending. I hope this episode marks a turning point in this season that, while good, has been a bit of a disappointment compared to season 2.
            I also liked his speech to his sons, and reasoning for going back to try and warn that family. Spot on.

Originally posted by knowles2 View Post
            the actor I thought did a good job playing that scene, it was spooky see her so calm sitting on the bed and taking aim at the ceiling, and then in the church surrounded by candles,
            That definitely was spooky as heck..

is Loudres really under alien control or is she willingly cooperating with the overlords for another reason
            Being hal struggled a long time and seemed to get flash backs periodically, and it has not been shown Loudres has had the same issues, i am leaning to willing.

I wonder if Weaver will try to take her alive when it reveal she the mole.
            With as many eye things as she has in her i seriously doubt the skitter trick they used on Hal will work (that's also assuming they even have another one), so i vote kill!

An why would someone builds a defense grid that kills all life unless it genetically modified?
            Perhaps its part n parcel of how they terraform planets they take over?

Comment

Another great episode in a great season thus far. The revelation that Lourdes was the mole was quite the surprise. My wife was very shocked.
              sigpic
              MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
              "...phu...ah..."
              "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
              Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

i literally sat there with my mouth open when I saw who the mole was. I had the people I swore could be the mole and the thought of her never once crossed my mind. Now I am dying to know how she became infested with those alien thingermabobbers. Nice job with the show keeping the mole well hidden. Next week's episode looks very interesting.

Comment

Well I liked this one too, but I had Lourdes under suspicion for a long time. Nice to see the plot move a little forward

Comment

Originally posted by gatechick View Post
                    i literally sat there with my mouth open when I saw who the mole was. I had the people I swore could be the mole and the thought of her never once crossed my mind. Now I am dying to know how she became infested with those alien thingermabobbers. Nice job with the show keeping the mole well hidden. Next week's episode looks very interesting.
                    I too would love to know how they infected her and how long it has been.

Comment

Originally posted by garhkal View Post
                      I too would love to know how they infected her and how long it has been.
                      Since she stopped having any function in the show (start of season 3). The answer to "how" is found in the seven months the story skipped ahead.
                      Well I hope too, they will explain what really happened in those seven months (but please, no flashbacks)

Comment

How much longer do you think they will play her out before she is caught?

Comment

Originally posted by garhkal View Post
                          How much longer do you think they will play her out before she is caught?
                          Well, as of now, there are three episodes left of the season. So my guess: Not long

Comment

1. Christopher Heyerdahl! Good to see you again!

2. I clocked it as soon as Lourdes walked out of the ward...bleep!

3. Picketts were a bit naive.

4. How is Tom going to get out of this mess?
                            I SURF FOR THE FREEDOM!

Comment

It was fun to see good old heyerdahl in another scifi show..

Comment

Working...
                              X