• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Into the Black (320)

Visit the Episode GuideSANCTUARY SEASON THREE
    INTO THE BLACK
    EPISODE NUMBER - 320
    The team scrambles after dozens of Abnormals emerge from Hollow Earth and onto the surface, indicating a crisis brewing below ground. John returns with news of Adam Worth, whose experiments in time manipulation now threaten the whole world.

VISIT THE EPISODE GUIDE >>
    Last edited by Darren; 14 March 2021, 08:39 PM.

It was a good episode. I was hoping John would mention his JTR alter ego and that was part of the reason he wanted to go back and clean up his past, but alas no mention of it. I’m hoping Garris is not part of the global domination plan. Hopefully he was able to protect Kate. It will be interesting to see what happens in s4…. Hopefully they allow Helen to play around in the 1800s for a couple of episodes before they hit the reset button.

Comment

Oh, that last image was wonderful. I cannot wait til October!

There were a few things I didn't like.
      - I didn't buy Helen dismissing John like that. I'm assuming last week was the setup for that, but after that look in Haunted I'm not sure I buy it. I can totally believe John wanting to stop the source blood injection. I can see Helen's point too.
      - I thought the fight was stupid. Will actually thought he would be able to take on that guy? Really??? Then again, he didn't have much choice, running didn't work

Thoughts:
      -Thousands of abnormals coming out of Hollow Earth. Bet they had no idea Worth was just using them and they will cease to exist if he manages to change time.
      -Liked the new immigrants accepting stuff from Biggie and not Kate. And him telling her growing horns would help. LOL
      -The scene with Kate and the Stone Guy was sweet.
      -The look Helen gave John when she took his arm to access Hollow Earth was hilarious.
      -Me no likey Henry with the fuller beard.

More later, it's too late tonight.
      sigpic
      Mourning Sanctuary.
      Thanks for the good times!

Comment

Not that was a whopping ending, I thought last season was big, but, damn, this took it to a whole new level.

This was a great episode, very well done in terms of story, acting, directing and effects. It's episodes like this that really make you see how vital the Sanctuary network is, and how the military needs to handle the abnormals the way they see fit. It was good to see Fallen again, and I believe she was actually trying to help the team. I loved the Helen and John scenes, Amanda and Chris both put very good emotions into them, and I loved that Helen gave John a verbal smackdown. I can't believe that John would allow Adam to live after what he's done, but John's heart was in the right place, it was for Helen. I can't believe Helen said "... bed me in another lifetime." I always enjoy seeing them team up together because they bring something special to the screen, and that one scene when John found Gregory's walking stick, and how he wanted to comfort Helen, but she didn't let him, that was a touching moment, and you could tell John wanted to help her. I liked hearing them bicker back and forth, and I liked how John didn't want to leave Helen alone in that cave.

The B story was also cool, and I'm glad we saw Tom McBeath in a military role, he does that well. It was nice to see Kate trying to make an effort to help the abnormals from Hollow Earth, and I hope that guy she was talking to, and gave her that stone, doesn't come back to hurt her. I actually laughed a little at Will trying to fight that wrestling dude, and I was glad to finally see someone else get whumped than poor Helen all the time. I thought it was very "Will" of Will to figure out that it was a diversion for that army of abnormals, and seeing them all on the screen... that can't be good. Oh, and I wished we could have seen Biggie and that wrestling dude fight more. Just one thing, when they took hostages, we saw Biggie and some other dude, where was Kate?

The final scene with Helen, John and Adam was amazing, and even after Adam ran through the gateway, I didn't expect Helen to go after him. I thought it was brave of John to use the creature inside him to build up more power. The explosion, and seeing the abnormals on the screen with Will and Henry looking at them, and the end with Helen back time was just an amazing way to end the season, and it really makes you wonder how the hell they'll get out of it. Looks like it's up to Helen to save the day.

Overall, an excellent episode, and it was a fitting end to a great season.

BRING ON SEASON 4!!!
        Last edited by Rocky89; 20 June 2011, 08:22 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by suse View Post
          Oh, that last image was wonderful. I cannot wait til October!

There were a few things I didn't like.
          - I didn't buy Helen dismissing John like that. I'm assuming last week was the setup for that, but after that look in Haunted I'm not sure I buy it. I can totally believe John wanting to stop the source blood injection. I can see Helen's point too.
          - I thought the fight was stupid. Will actually thought he would be able to take on that guy? Really??? Then again, he didn't have much choice, running didn't work

Thoughts:
          -Thousands of abnormals coming out of Hollow Earth. Bet they had no idea Worth was just using them and they will cease to exist if he manages to change time.
          -Liked the new immigrants accepting stuff from Biggie and not Kate. And him telling her growing horns would help. LOL
          -The scene with Kate and the Stone Guy was sweet.
          -The look Helen gave John when she took his arm to access Hollow Earth was hilarious.
          -Me no likey Henry with the fuller beard.

More later, it's too late tonight.

Good points. I also thought a little about OOTB when Helen was dismissing John, and I saw a little hurt in his eyes when she said they couldn't be together. I would like to see them together. John's heart may have been in the right place, but like Helen said, billions of lives would have been altered, and without Helen and the team to clean so much mess throught the years, the would could have been a worse place. I thought the Will fight was kinda funny, cause we knew he'd never win, and he actually thought he could.

I also laughed at Helen's look to John before going to Hollow Earth, and I don't like Henry with a beard like that either, it needs to go fast.

Comment

*sigh* This episode just took my little shippy heart, threw it on the ground and smashed it into a million tiny pieces.

But still, I'm intrigued to see what's going to happen to Magnus in the past, and what happened to John . . . period.

Bring on Season 4!
            sigpic
            The Return of King Arthur
            Trust in the Lord with all your heart; lean not on your own understanding. In all of ways
            acknowledge him, and he'll make your path straight. Proverbs 3:5-6

Comment

While I’m not a huge J/H shipper … I wish they could have added another dramatic scene between Helen and John. John has clearly wondered what his life would have been like had they never experimented with the source blood. I sooooo wanted him to further explain all the nightmares he has to live with due to the creature that birthed the JtR alter ego, but sadly he didn’t. I think if they could have had that discussion, she would have softened on her resolve & understood why he allowed Adam to live. Over the last century she has been making headway in the medical and scientific field while he, with the creature in control, has seen far too many deaths.

While I know Adam planned to go back in time after they injected the Source Blood. I would love to see them go back to a time before the SB was injected. Only to see Helen struggle with a decision of injecting John with the SB knowing all that he will see and become because of it. It would be fun to see that inner turmoil for Helen and especially if she could see John’s innocence again. To remember the man she fell in love with ... would she still make the same choices?

Comment

I loved the Episode. It was everything I was hoping for after this Season, after all this is the one that made me interrested in Sanctuary in the first place.

Hearing Helen talk about all that technical stuff made my heart go faster, I just miss hearing her talk about all that science stuff.

I love Henry with his beard, it goes well with his Werewolf character. Also I think he looks really hot with it.
                Fuzzy Wuzzy wasnt old,
                Fuzzy Wuzzy gotten bald
                There was Fuzzy no more Wuzzy

Comment

Oh wow...that was amazing...blew me away yet again!
                  Was slightly bored with the abnormals from Praxis...actually, really bored with the big fella with the tatts...impress me he did not...but loved Kate and the little guy...so cute!!
                  I love how John still carries a torch for Helen...he really wants to make it better and have the life he dreamed of with her...that's just so...awwww. And the look on Helen's face when he revealed that...it was like yes, she wants it too but no way will she allow herself to be hurt again like she had in the past. I hope that deep down she still carries her own torch for John.
                  Was surprised that Helen went through the rift...am wondering if she & Adam will be subjected to the radiation again?
                  Am still amazed that the real world still doubt Helen & the Sanctuary to be able to handle things...why they need to bring out the big guns and take over....oh wait...kinda like real life isn't it....silly me.
                  I want Adam Worth dealt with once and for all...I want John to be ok, I want Helen to kick more butt, I want Kate and the Praxis fella to make jewellery together , I want to see Tesla again, I want more!!!!!!!
                  So when does season 4 start??
                  Brilliant episode...I just can't understand how they haven't picked up more awards...this show has proven itself time and time again...barring a couple of dud eps in the beginning of season 3.5.
                  "Live Peace - Speak Kindness - Dwell in Possibility"
                  Hug Your Loved Ones!!
                  ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

I do think the Edge stuff was forced....well, I'm pretty sure it was. I'm sure having the wrestler guest was a 'request' from skiffy, and so they needed a plot that he fit into. Wasn't horrible, but also seemed kinda scattered. If they had an inkling that the abbys were restless, why leave them to meet and run free? why not separate them? why weren't they on the sanctuary grounds to begin with? why bring them into the middle of a city when they could have set up the tent city closer to the 'middle of nowhere' they emerged from?

Yes, will trying to fight the abby?????

In one way Helen's dismissal was expected, she likely still remembers her dreams from the tank, in another way...it is not wise to tell someone like JOhn 'by the way, once we're done with this mission you can frak off cause i'm through with you'. You don't tip off the psychopath.

of course, I do think it was set up for her 1800 adventures....namely the likelyhood of her running into John's past self (he and she and the rest exist in the past)

I do think we'll start out s4 with a dramatic change of the future....adam's presence will have changed a few things, then magnus will have to rechange them...and she'll be the only one to remember what she changed.

With the Lotus Defense guys....there seems to be something else going on. Because all of a sudden Magnus' strangle hold on abnormals is gone? after a century all of a sudden she's no longer the boss? Makes me wonder if Adam changed a few things already.

Anyone other than me kinda intrigued by them maybe resetting the 'long standing relationships' that got the sanctuary folks almost carte blanche to do anything into them being more secretive and having to 'hide' from all sides?

that or it may change to a world like Henry suggested....abnormals being part of the world for years and living openly instead of hiding.

lots of potential for s4.
                    Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

^I felt like there was lots of potential for S3 with the 20 ep order, but really I still feel that since Pax Romana this season has fallen flat, and this episode proves it.

It wasn't a bad episode, but I think it lacked action and some level of believability. I was also thoroughly disappointed that Praxis was destroyed without them even having the chance to explore it.

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
                        Anyone other than me kinda intrigued by them maybe resetting the 'long standing relationships' that got the sanctuary folks almost carte blanche to do anything into them being more secretive and having to 'hide' from all sides?

that or it may change to a world like Henry suggested....abnormals being part of the world for years and living openly instead of hiding.

lots of potential for s4.
                        If hollow earth had come above a hundred years ago and tried to blend their society with human society it might have worked, but with Praxia gone it seems unlikely to really work.

Wonder what the abnormal population (sentient) is in Hollow Earth?
                        sigpic

Comment

You know, I hope this has larger ramifications and they just don't resolve things up and forget it.

Having thousands of monsters come up from out of the blue is going to have a huge effect on humanity.

I'd like to see that explored, but I don't think it would.

It looks like those people who kidnapped Helen's daughter did actually foresee this thing happening.

Comment

Some opinions on E20 - first of all, that' all, I wanted another hour or so....loved the episode and wished it lasted longer. Leaves it open for so much in S4.

First, Helen is still pissed at John, what else is new. The love/hate relationship is larger than life and I love it. Does she mean she never wants to see him again....no, well yes, but no! Remember, when she comes back, and she will, then life will be different in little ways. And, she will be the only one to remember how it was. Now that would be weird. She could have a toned down John. And, she still has to find a way back people....have you thought about that! The device was basically a one way trip. There isn't one on the othe side and only one person really knows how to build it. Plus all the power it needs! Offers up a lot of possibilities. Plus a big desire to see S4.

Kate and the jewelry maker..... well, we haven't seen Kate for awhile. Maybe he is hiding her to protect her. He does have a crush. So we will have to wait and see. They gave us no clues except that she was no where to be seen. They had 2 soldiers and the big guy.

The destruction of the city - remember, if Helen somehow manages to change the time line, the city would be saved as well as her father and everyone else. No need to come up to the surface, no need for the UN and a very confused staff wondering what is going on!

Anyone remember the end of S10 of SG1....only one person knows the truth (and all the viewers of course)! If they play it right, this could go on for 2 episodes into S4. But remember, they only have 13 episodes this season.

As for poor John. If Helen changes the time line, then he wouldn't have changed putting their status back to what it was before he pulled in all that electricity. Does she want to not see him again....I think she will see him back in time and see the sweet sides of him again and fall in love again....not that she ever completely fell out of love with him. Good, bad or indifferent - you never forget your first real love!
                            sigpic

Comment

I loved it!
                              Sure I can nitpick the hell out of it starting with the fact that they didnt just time travel they also moved geographically (sp) ...but this was exactly what I wanted. Except maybe Magnus saying she never wanted to see Druitt again. I like Druitt and even with the whole dream thing she did sleep in his arms quite recently!
                              But I sort of understand, his reasons were selfish. If he really loves her, he wouldn't want to erase who she is now.
                              I loved all the scenes between them thou. Well except after the shock thing, she barely looks at him. Not even "Are you alright?"
                              I hope they dont just solve this in the 1st ep and I hope we have some Magnus/Magnus scenes. If they pull a: "Oh she's out of town" I'll be pissed!

Also Magnus took info from Worth laptop. So Tesla probably as everything he needs to go get her.

I didnt mind the wrestler, he was alright. VFX were crap on the big troll like creature. Hell the dude with the water and AD werent even looking at him *sigh*
                              Loved Will runing away. And after getting his butt handed to him saying something like: "I have him" LOL Yeh, right.

Need to watch it another million times...is it Set/Out yet? At least Comic Con is coming up. Hope we get some sweet spoilers out of that.

EDIT: Oh sort of a side note. I wished it was 16 instead of 13. Enough room to explore certain topics and still have stand alones. Afraid with 13 they are just going to close this story line in 1 ep and do stand alones till near the end. This season would have been amazing without One Night and Wingman.
                              Last edited by kes; 21 June 2011, 09:45 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X