Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

'Hallowed Turf'

Story:
    In a reality where the Ori won the battle, but not the war, a xenophobic and aware Earth is ready to explore the stars once more. It's been years since the Ori were seen, but as the UNRV Cook heads out to study the Pegasus Galaxy, they're pulled into a conflict years in the making.

Cut off with little supplies, a fresh faced crew of civilians and military with only a few experienced officers, and a little girl whose newfound powers are frighteningly familiar, the Cook will have to discover just how much more than fanatics the Ori really are.
    So…this is my first attempt at creating a fun “little” fan comic series One featuring loads of new characters, mysteries and adventure. (See Draco Stellaris “Hive 53” for a proper example of a fan comic)

Chapter "Zero"
    Chapter One

-Wallpaper (1280 x 1024 )
    Poster (2142 x 822)

/ Concept 1 // Concept 2 // Concept 3 // Concept 4/
    / Concept 5 // Concept 6 // Concept 7 // Concept 8 /
    Last edited by Choo1701; 19 February 2011, 04:47 AM. Reason: Art Update.
    [''... I laugh at your reality..''][ STARGATE FAN COMIC: 'Hallowed Turf' ] [-DeviantArt-] [ ".... and a seagull."]

sigpic

First two concepts are up!

/ Concept 1 // Concept 2 /

More soon! (and then ... the actual story!! *cough* )
    Last edited by Choo1701; 14 December 2010, 12:31 PM.
    [''... I laugh at your reality..''][ STARGATE FAN COMIC: 'Hallowed Turf' ] [-DeviantArt-] [ ".... and a seagull."]

sigpic

Comment

Hmm... I should check to see when was the first tine you told me about this...

I still love the "Sit. Over. There." speech bubble can't wait
      Originally posted by Apostle's Message Redux
      Shepard understood. Given the situation, he wasn't sure that exposing the planet to this kind of secret was smart. Miranda had regaled him with stories of how horrible 20th century Earth sounded in her history lessons and it made him leery. "I agree, god knows what would happen if Grunt got loose."

Joker snorted and muttered loudly. "Run! It's The Incredible Hulk! Kill it with fire!"
      Read the story ---- Apostle's Message Redux, ME/SG Crossover

Comment

*is jealous* Do you do this by hand, photoshop, a combo, something else? I can't draw, and my photoshop skills are pedestrian to say the least.

Comment

Hmm defently an interesting concept. Never was a fan of the Ori, but im willing to give this a go and see how you develop them on from the series.

"Oddly, this is familiar to you, as if it were from an old dream, but you can't exactly remember..."

Comment

It's... interesting. To say the least.

the best was the time tom showed me a concept image and he added. ".... and a seagull." to the end which for some odd reason had me in hysterics.
            Shepard understood. Given the situation, he wasn't sure that exposing the planet to this kind of secret was smart. Miranda had regaled him with stories of how horrible 20th century Earth sounded in her history lessons and it made him leery. "I agree, god knows what would happen if Grunt got loose."

Joker snorted and muttered loudly. "Run! It's The Incredible Hulk! Kill it with fire!"

Comment

Originally posted by sbz View Post
              *is jealous* Do you do this by hand, photoshop, a combo, something else? I can't draw, and my photoshop skills are pedestrian to say the least.
              All hand drawn, then scanned in and coloured in Photoshop. I've got a tablet, i just havn't 'mastered' it.

BTW: just skimmed the first couple of parts of "The Way" series and had my mind blown. Awesome story telling sbz.

Originally posted by bradly08 View Post
              Hmm defently an interesting concept. Never was a fan of the Ori, but im willing to give this a go and see how you develop them on from the series.
              Thanks bradly.

and yeah, tbh the Ori are a bit of a mess to write. Their very 'extreme' in the show. On top of that we only get to see a small portion of their galaxy, background, culture, etc, etc. But i've got a couple of ideas that i can't wait to show.

Especially since i find myself doddling more ideas for Ori characters, ships, interiors, etc, etc than poor little Earth.

Like, oh, so

'Small Ship' // 'Big Ship'

More soon!

sigpic

Comment

Very nice drawings, and here I though art was usless

I defently like your smaller ship, it has Ori feel to it with its smooth hull and and empty spaces within the hull. The larger ship is defently moving away from the Ori style (Whether that is somthing you intend or not) but I can't shake the feeling that it it isn't exactly somthing the ori would design.

To me, the Ori ships were always about testifing to the glory of their gods. They were always smooth, curvy instead of straight and white (possibly showing the "purity" of their gods). They always seemed to choose style of practicality. While your designs are very impressive, they just don't seem to fit this ethos for the design of Ori ships. Again im not sure if this it showing your taking the Ori away from what they were in the show but hey, what do I know

"Oddly, this is familiar to you, as if it were from an old dream, but you can't exactly remember..."

Comment

Aye, the blockade runner is definitely the sleeker of the two, the battleship has a serious Warhammer 40K vibe about it.

Comment

You guys should have seen the "Cathredroship" Choo drew. I see elements of it in teh battleship but not to that degree

Yes, i've seen the coming first episode. It's a great beginning but i think we're all going to have to whip Choo into drawing more and faster

Comment

Originally posted by Crazy Tom View Post
                      Aye, the blockade runner is definitely the sleeker of the two, the battleship has a serious Warhammer 40K vibe about it.
                      The larger ship is defently moving away from the Ori style (Whether that is somthing you intend or not) but I can't shake the feeling that it it isn't exactly somthing the ori would design.
                      Cool, thanks for the thoughts guys. And yeah the big battleship IS a little bit 40k. The idea was its been around a lot longer than the Toilet's, but the design is something more along the lines of the Blue Mosque in Istanbal than Western European Cathedral (take your pick).

Originally posted by Aragon101 View Post
                      Yes, i've seen the coming first episode.... but i think we're all going to have to whip Choo into drawing more and faster
                      hhmmm...an old klingon proverb springs to mind; "Revenge is a dish best served cold."

Two more concepts have been posted, to end this week of "ship's" (not the 'Sam/Jack' or 'Sam/John' kind though *cough cough* )
                      / Concept 5 // Concept 6 /

sigpic

Comment

Hmm you seemed to have pointed to 2 new ship designs. The one in concept 6 is defently based of the 303 but with several changes. The hangars are gone (or relocated) which in my books, for a ship like that is a good thing. The giant tower is smaller which is a plus and it appears longer (although that could be due to the angle we a re looking at.)

in concept 5 we defently have a 304 (or possibly a variant of it) and a newer smaller ship. To me it looks like a patrol ship or a drop ship (possible our version of the al'kesh?) All in all these were defently a good pair of concepts. Nice to see you plan to extend the fleet Earth has.

Comment

Hmm you seemed to have pointed to 2 new ship designs. The one in concept 6 is defently based of the 303 .... in concept 5 we defently have a 304 (or possibly a variant of it) and a newer smaller ship. To me it looks like a patrol ship or a drop ship (possible our version of the al'kesh?) ....
                          Um thanks bradly BUT, their both the same ship.... You see the "Prometheus" style ship from the back in Concept 5. And it looks "smaller", drop ship size, because its further away.

AAAANNNNDDDD i'm not using that design anymore, since well, some ideas stick, and some are just hard to execute.

Last two concepts (Pink. An under used colour in Stargate ) until Saturday, when i should have something...actually, what is the opposite of a concept?

sigpic

Comment

Really? same ship. Hmm interesting. It's a pity your no longer using that design. the 303 design, with some modifcations would be a very cabable ship (A frigate or destroyer) and cheaper to produce than a 304

Comment

Well this was supposed to go up YESTERDAY, but, well suprisingly Christmas Day turned out to be quite busy. Who'd of thought it?

So this is a "belated" 'Merry Christmas' and, an brand new "Poster" image, finally showing the characters!!

See you in less than a week

wait. LESS than a week!!!

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X