Where and When (210)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Where and When (210)

Pete and Myka travel to 1961 via H.G. Wells' time machine to stop a killer who is turning women into glass. Original Air Date: Sep 7, 2010
    Please use the report feature to request the thread to be opened

Thier is a mixed reaction to this episode. I rather liked the stuff in the present but found my mind wandering with the 1960s stuff. Thier was something about the time traveling Pete and Myka that interested me. It was a little too predictible and cliche. I just saw what was going to happen 10 minutes into the episode. The minute I saw the businessman's wife I knew she was to blame. But their is a silve lining. The interaction between Pete and Myka and how they relate to Jack and Rebecca is quite entertaining and funny. Its funny how much the two pairs mirror one another. Plus I loved the joke about Mrs. Fredricks scarring everyone. I will say this despite the boredem of the A story the part of Rebecca wanting to die to see Jack one last time was sad and quite touching.

The real gold of this episode is the tension between Artie and Wells and the rest of the warehouse group. I know this is pretty polarized opinion in W13 fandom so I don't really want to post favorites (even if I do have my side). I just have to say its really interesting to see the hostility their is between one another. Given their history in W13 both sides is understandable. More importantly the Artie/Wells stuff seems in character unlike the Myka and Wells stuff of past episodes
    Originally posted by aretood2
    Jelgate is right

Comment

I really liked this one. Love HG.

"How come HG got a gold star?" is my favorite line of the episode.
      sigpic
      Stargate Chicago Con 2010 Attendee

Comment

I found it a little slow this week too. A bit predictable all-around, and I was a little annoyed at how suddenly Artie went from distrusting HG's time travel device to believing it worked just fine as soon as Pete and Myka woke up.

I'm also not totally clear on what happened with Rebecca at the end. If the time machine causes you to totally take over the recipient's body, how come she remembers waking up in a field and then kissing him--if she was occupying her own body up until the kiss happened? And if the guy had always been a jerk to her, how come he was all lovey-dovey "should've done this a long time ago" right at the end?

On another topic, does anyone else still feel like H.G. is hiding something? I know they've been pushing the redemption angle for a while now, and used this episode as a vehicle for Artie to forgive her, but it still feels off IMO. Like she could still betray them at any moment.
        "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post
          I found it a little slow this week too. A bit predictable all-around, and I was a little annoyed at how suddenly Artie went from distrusting HG's time travel device to believing it worked just fine as soon as Pete and Myka woke up.

I'm also not totally clear on what happened with Rebecca at the end. If the time machine causes you to totally take over the recipient's body, how come she remembers waking up in a field and then kissing him--if she was occupying her own body up until the kiss happened? And if the guy had always been a jerk to her, how come he was all lovey-dovey "should've done this a long time ago" right at the end?

On another topic, does anyone else still feel like H.G. is hiding something? I know they've been pushing the redemption angle for a while now, and used this episode as a vehicle for Artie to forgive her, but it still feels off IMO. Like she could still betray them at any moment.
          i agree with you i think there is something more to HG Wells thans what she is saying , there is always a boom twist !! , but i missed half this episode anyway, ( thats what happens when you ride a bike), so , i can't believe Artie still had the gun on her ?!

also did anyone catch the Comic-con 2010 panel OMG mrs frederick is so different in real life
          sigpic
          May the odds be ever in your Favor ! oh and please say hello to me on Skype and Facebook

Comment

Originally posted by MIZA View Post
            also did anyone catch the Comic-con 2010 panel OMG mrs frederick is so different in real life
            I haven't caught that yet no, but having seen CCH Pounder in other roles I certainly believe it
            "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Flux Capacitor spotted in Helena's time machine
              Last edited by Osiristi; 07 September 2010, 10:33 PM. Reason: Damn typos... Flux, not fluc.

Comment

I noticed that too

Comment

Things are getting interesting.
                  Artie softened toward H.G. at the end. Makes me wonder how bad things could get in the finale if she ends up going bad.
                  I tell you Teal'c, hockey is the coolest game on Earth!

Did you not say it is played on ice, O'Neill?

Comment

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post

Rebecca said she remembered waking up while she was being kissed, which is what happened at the end. What I believe happened is Rebecca goes back to the exact moment they're waking up, kisses Jack, and then the time machine stopped working. So when she woke up, it was her who initiated the kiss, which I found kinda poetic and tragic at the same time.
                    The other thing is, at the beginning of the episode, she mentioned that she was always in love with him but they were mean to each other (kids in the playground I suppose, just like Pete and Mika, probably..). I suppose he was too, and this is justified by Jack's line.

The thing I like about this episode is that you can't change the past. I think they did this quite well. I also liked the reference to HG's time machine.

Warehouse 13's approach to certain things reminds me of Sanctuary, it flips the cultural references upside down and inside out, which I really like.

Sure this episode is predictable at times, but most if not all of shows are. I learned long ago to not think too far ahead while watching TV

This is one of my favourite episodes of the season, and I found the ending (with Rebecca) one of the best. I don't want Artie to start trusting HG though. Maybe it's a plan of his to weed her out, lull her into a false sense of security in her plan for whatever?

I liked the part where HG talked about her experience with Claudia. I think Scagliotti played the reaction perfectly. I awkwardly laughed during that scene at the end.

Comment

I really enjoyed this episode all around, of course for this show I an less critical and just try to enjoy the ride. So Ms. Fredrick was in charge in the 60's as well? No way she was 15 years old then so I now tip my hat (if I wore one) to SunKrux for seeing that one coming.

I'm really hoping HG Wells ends up dying to save the team instead of being the one killing them, even if she does have an ulterior motive I hope it is selfishly noble...like trading places with her daughter or something.
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Spimman View Post
                        I really enjoyed this episode all around, of course for this show I an less critical and just try to enjoy the ride. So Ms. Fredrick was in charge in the 60's as well? No way she was 15 years old then so I now tip my hat (if I wore one) to SunKrux for seeing that one coming.

I'm really hoping HG Wells ends up dying to save the team instead of being the one killing them, even if she does have an ulterior motive I hope it is selfishly noble...like trading places with her daughter or something.
                        Is it really that surprising? We have known for awhile Mrs. Fredricks doesn't age normally
                        Originally posted by aretood2
                        Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by Spimman View Post

Hey it was spelled out in the Pilot when Artie is talking to Pete and pointing to the guys in the picture. Mrs. F was in the photo and didn't look any different then she does now. Also, Artie told us numerous times that Mrs. F is who got him into the Warehouse and he's been there at least 30 years. So it really (at least for me and a few other fans) wasn't that hard to figure out that Mrs. F is as old as Methusila.

I really enjoyed the ep. I'm one of the few who sees Myka and HG as strictly friends and it was nice to see Myka stick up for her friend, even though I still think that deep down that Myka knows HG is up to no good. But I think she's ignoring it because she totally understands the urge to go back and stop the death of someone you love.

LOVED that Myka couldn't handle the old dictating machine/tape recorder. LOL

Loved Pete wanting to stop the women from being killed. He might be a big ol goofball but he's got a big heart.

Was sad to see Rebecca leave, but at least she got to see Jack one more time. Cancer sucks big time.
                          sigpic
                          I prefer to be called Sunny, Sun or SK. Thanks.

Comment

And how'bout Pete and Myka's Excellent Adventure?
                            Or David Anders not being the bad guy for once? (Did anybody count his fingers? )
                            Armin Shimerman not being... Nah, he was his old self.
                            Jackie O... Kennedy?
                            Everybody smoking, and Pete thought he caught fire because of the time machine.
                            sigpic

Comment

Decent Episode this week

Still not sure about HG Wells

Good seeing Armin Shimmerman again thats 2 Deep Space Nine Actors who have guest starred on Warehouse 13 this season

lol 2 BSG actors last season and 2 DS9 actors this season, are we going going to get 2 SG-1 actors next season?

Originally posted by pjt View Post
                              And how'bout Pete and Myka's Excellent Adventure?
                              Or David Anders not being the bad guy for once? (Did anybody count his fingers? )
                              Armin Shimerman not being... Nah, he was his old self.
                              Jackie O... Kennedy?
                              Everybody smoking, and Pete thought he caught fire because of the time machine.
                              As soon as i saw David Anders i was like oh his the villain of this story
                              Last Movie Watched
                              X-men - First Class

Last Video Game Played
                              Life is Strange

Comment

Working...
                              X