For the Team (207)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

For the Team (207)

Episode Synopsis: An old foe helps Myka and Claudia investigate strange deaths on a college wrestling team, and Peter has to seek medical assistance from an unwilling source when Artie falls ill. Original Air Date: Aug 17, 2010
    Please use the report feature to request the thread to be opened

After watching Time Will Tell and being impressed with the character of HG Wells I was suspecting this episode to be good. Sadly I was disappointed. I have a hard time buying the ease at what Myka lets Wells go and the two go to. She should have shipped her back to Warehouse 13 the second she saw her instead of working with Wells to find the artifact.

Besides that nitpick I liked the other part about the hunting for the artifact. It was rather unpredictible who was responsible for its use and infection of the wrestling time. I suspected the "suit guy" was gulity but the doctor who made the sport's drink was unsuspected. The throwing of Claudia into the vat seemed somewhat pointless but it was still interesting to see the two trying to help Claudia even if the use of amino acids contradicts conventional biology.

Its rather fillerish but I really liked the Artie getting his appendix removed. It not only showed Pete's and Artie's love interest but also showed the kind of friendship the two have. That is after they took the glasses off.
    Originally posted by aretood2
    Jelgate is right

Comment

I liked this one. But of course i like every WH13 eppy i see. I wasn't very fond of H.G. trying to be a good guy but maybe she'll be like Ba'al (Sg-1) and be a um good when it helps her and bad when it helps her. Otherwise very good. My fave line, " You do realize that most of the surgeries i do are spaying and neutering."
      sigpic
      God Bless America

Comment

Was it just me, or was there real chemistry between Myka and Wells?

Comment

Another enjoyable episode. I liked how it was kind of a fusion between 'traditional' season 1 artifact-ey storytelling and doing a nice A/B-plot of Myka/Claudia/Wells and Artie/Pete. I rather enjoyed both stories. Pete's off-duty boredom and childishness was a laugh, along with teasing Artie about his crush on the Warehouse doctor. And there was an interesting and unexpected chemistry between Myka and HG wells.

A couple oddities that nagged at me: Claudia's hair streak inexplicably appeared and disappeared several times throughout the episode. And the guy's dorm must be pretty much the biggest dorm room in existence. I know athletes get unfairly preferential treatment in most academic institutions, but that's just ridiculous!

Also: "dude, you look like bantha poodoo"
          "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

I really loved this one! I was surprised by how quickly Myka seemed to trust Wells. There is definite chemistry between them and I can't wait to see Wells show up again. Imagine Myka's reaction if it turns out Wells was playing her.
            And I'm really liking the family like bonds their starting to build. Pete did as much teasing as trying to help Artie ask out Vanessa. Is it me or is Myka starting to treat Claudia like her little sister?
            I tell you Teal'c, hockey is the coolest game on Earth!

Did you not say it is played on ice, O'Neill?

Comment

I noticed claudia's hair too. i have no issue with it changing color from episode to episode (seems to rotate through pink, purple, blue and green), but it did come and go at random inervals.

To me it kinda had the 'ok, so 'pete' might want some time off, so let's start rounding up some stand ins for when he's gone' feeling.

I do agree with the ba'al analogy, cause that does seem to be how they're leaning.
              Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

A friend of mine is comparing HG to Q from ST:NG. Q was neither good or bad.

I didn't notice Claudia's purple strip missing or reappearing.

I LOVED the Myka/Claudia bonding stuff. I don't have an issue with Myka's reaction to HG. Especially considering when Myka first sees her, she nearly choke's HG to death. She probably would have if Claudia hadn't stopped her. I don't think Myka trusts her but is willing to keep an open mind. Besides, keep your friends close, keep your enemies closer is what I'm thinking Myka is doing.

I really enjoyed the ep. Especially the Myka/Claudia moments. I love that this show isn't about making the female character all catty to one another. Talk about a tired cliche I hate shows that make even the "enemy" characters all catty to one another. Like women who don't like each other can't treat each other with respect and politeness. : It happens all the time in real life folks. Why shouldn't it on TV?
                sigpic
                I prefer to be called Sunny, Sun or SK. Thanks.

Comment

I thought this was a pretty good episode. I did not see them going down that path with H.G. Wells. But, she may just be up to something. I can't wait to watch it again, this time with my wife.
                  sigpic
                  MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                  "...phu...ah..."
                  "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                  Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

I was kinda hoping she would be the villain of the season but hey i will accept her being a member of the team aswell

Pete was a little bit annoying at times tho

This was a decent episode, i might say the weakest episode this season but still a pretty good one
                    Last Movie Watched
                    X-men - First Class

Last Video Game Played
                    Life is Strange

Comment

Was it my imagination or did Vanessa's Farnsworth ring with the 'speed' sound effect from the Bionic Woman?

Did the cane Artie was using once belong to Barnabas Collins?

I really want to see a Crystal Skull sitting around somewhere.
                      Wondering what's happening? Updates for Everything
                      sigpic

Comment

So do you think HG Wells is really trying to be good, or is she just trying to get in with the Warehouse for some selfish motive?
                        sigpic

Comment

I think it's a totally selfish motive. She's playing Myka. BUT I do like that she and Myka are sorta frienemies if you will. LOL Jack Kenny has hinted repeatedly that Myka will develop a purely platonic relationship this season, I think it's with HG (yes even though there may or may not be subtext between them). It will definitely be interesting to watch. I do not think that Myka would allow HG to harm anyone else connected with the Warehouse though.
                          sigpic

Comment

Myka is too by the book to allow HG to gain access to the Warehouse. If HG does try to betray Myka, I hope it looks like HG is going to win but ends up that Myka never trusted her and they catch her with her hand in the cookie jar.
                            sigpic

Comment

Myka doesn't trust her but she is definitely intrigued by her and whether or not HG was rightfully bronzed. I highly doubt Myka would let HG do anything to anyone in the Warehouse.
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X