Around the Bend (206)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Around the Bend (206)

Episode Synopsis: Pete has a secret assignment, and runs into a former flame (Tia Carrere), which may result in him betraying the team. Original Air Date: Aug 10, 2010
    Please use the report feature to request the thread to be opened

It looks like Pete has lost his marbles...
    sigpic
    Don't touch Lola

Comment

I'm kind of disappointed.

I like the start with Pete being recuritied by Mrs. Fredricks to undergo an undergo a secret investigation to see who is a mole. I liked see the pain of leading a double life followed by going vigilante to track down Volda. It looked so cool and showing how far Pete would go if people he cared about were threatened.

But I'm a little disappointed this seems to get tatinted by an artifact is actually making Pete mentally unstable. I don't know it just seems to lessen the drama and fun of Pete going vigilantee. Kind of feels like a cop out. Its not to say making Pete sane was boring but the vigilantee part was more fun then the crazy Pete.

About the B plot it felt fillerish. Thier didn't seem a point to it.
      Originally posted by aretood2
      Jelgate is right

Comment

Well that was a bit intense for a Warehouse 13 episode.

And were my eyes playing tricks on me, or was Valda's lapel pin an Eye of Horus?
        "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post

I like the start with Pete being recuritied by Mrs. Fredricks to undergo an undergo a secret investigation to see who is a mole. I liked see the pain of leading a double life followed by going vigilante to track down Volda. It looked so cool and showing how far Pete would go if people he cared about were threatened.

But I'm a little disappointed this seems to get tatinted by an artifact is actually making Pete mentally unstable. I don't know it just seems to lessen the drama and fun of Pete going vigilantee. Kind of feels like a cop out. Its not to say making Pete sane was boring but the vigilantee part was more fun then the crazy Pete.

About the B plot it felt fillerish. Thier didn't seem a point to it.
          I have got to agree with you on this one. This episode was great right to the moment we found out an artifact was messing with Pete's head.
          I tell you Teal'c, hockey is the coolest game on Earth!

Did you not say it is played on ice, O'Neill?

Comment

I give it a three out of Five. I didn't like crazy Pete, I thought the ending was cool.
            sigpic There are my dogs!

If you had to chose, die or watch the world die, what would you pick?"

Comment

I guess I'm alone. I loved this ep. Crazy!Pete was intense and it was all due to his not being able to keep his hands off stuff. Now maybe he'll grow up a little. It was touching how worried Myka, Artie & Claudia were for him. Equally touching was Mrs. F worrying about him.

This ep showed how much they've all grown together as a family. It showed how Pete would do anything to keep his team (family) safe. It showed that Myka, Artie & Claudia would do the same thing for him.
              sigpic
              I prefer to be called Sunny, Sun or SK. Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by SunKrux View Post
                I loved this ep. Crazy!Pete was intense
                Mid-sentence seizure?
                "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

I guess I'm alone. I loved this ep. Crazy!Pete was intense and it was all due to his not being able to keep his hands off stuff. Now maybe he'll grow up a little. It was touching how worried Myka, Artie & Claudia were for him. Equally touching was Mrs. F worrying about him.

This ep showed how much they've all grown together as a family. It showed how Pete would do anything to keep his team (family) safe. It showed that Myka, Artie & Claudia would do the same thing for him.
                  I tend to not like the episodes where they make the main characters go crazy, but i did like this episode it was so cute ! i loved pete making out by himself , and how he can make fun of himself, now he knows to keep his hands to himself
                  sigpic
                  May the odds be ever in your Favor ! oh and please say hello to me on Skype and Facebook

Comment

I really liked this episode a lot. Sure, I admit I would have liked the Mrs. F secret mission to have been real and maybe there will be something to it in the future but I still really enjoyed the episode. I knew it was fake once he started making out with that chick and then got in bed with her, Pete wouldn't do that when lives were at stake. I liked seeing many of them in a serious role, but at the same time Pete cracked me up on multiple occasions. I love all the humor of the character relationships!

So I guess we'll be seeing a lot more of the Regents, this could be interesting!
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post

I agree, I was disappointed when I found out that it was all a hallucination in Pete's head. I really wish the conspiracy was real. It would have made a good long-term plot.
                      sigpic
                      Don't touch Lola

Comment

I liked this one except i wish Valda actually had been the bad guy.

(valda actually did play a bad guy in the show 24.)
                        sigpic
                        God Bless America

Comment

Great episode, 8/10

Crazy Pete
                          Vigilante Pete
                          Mark Shephard and he was a baddie which is even better
                          More Mrs Frederick
                          I liked the fact that it was kind of like Agent Bearing vs Agent Latamer
                          Last edited by mr_kennedy; 11 August 2010, 06:13 PM.
                          Last Movie Watched
                          X-men - First Class

Last Video Game Played
                          Life is Strange

Comment

Really great episode Tuesday night. I am really enjoying Season 2 thus far.
                            sigpic
                            MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                            "...phu...ah..."
                            "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                            Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

You make some very good points. However, if they had went with the secret mission being real, it could have been expanded into a really good two parter IMHO.
                              I tell you Teal'c, hockey is the coolest game on Earth!

Did you not say it is played on ice, O'Neill?

Comment

Working...
                              X