Age Before Beauty (204)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Age Before Beauty (204)

When young super models rapidly age 50 years overnight, Pete and Myka go undercover in the glam world of high fashion to discover who - and what - is behind the transformations.
    Please use the report feature to request the thread to be opened

The awkward father/daughter moments between Claudia and Artie were priceless! The revelation and background on Myka was a little sad to hear from her. The words from Pete to her was funny but really touching. I had fun watching this one!
    sigpic

Comment

In a lot of ways this episode felt like an inverse of Burnout. In Burnout we saw Myka get very angry when an artifact almost killed Pete. Now Pete even stops his one liners and get quite steamed as was obvious when Myka gets hurt. I'm not a shipper of these two and I never will be but I do like the friendship and caring that comes with these two. Besides that it was a standard artifact hunt which I love by the way but nothing special. I'm little surprised it was the photographer and not the "old woman" behind this. Hower it being the camera was predictible That suspense is fun to see as always. Not to mention it was actually Artie who saves the day. How often do we see that?

All in all the A plot was fun even the fat jokes (I liked the Arby's one) about Myka. Because it was so hilarious. Who in there right mind would think Joanne Kelly is fat? It boggles the mind especially after wearing those fashion dresses.

I know it hardly a big surprise from me but I didn't care for the Claudia subplot. Its not like previous episodes where I found Claudia to be an insensitive jerk. Actually from what we saw its the exact opposite. She is just my least favorite character so I'm not interested. The scenes just bored me.

Pete playing with Barbies frightens me greatly.
      Originally posted by aretood2
      Jelgate is right

Comment

really liked this one.
        loved this line
        Pete: Can i interest you in staying alive?

don't know what to think about the next one
        sigpic

Comment

I've seen this done so many times over the years on TV & movies that it bored me greatly and no Leena? I miss the old days of creepy artifacts. Instead they are doing the glitz and glam stuff. I'm getting really bored with all the camera & projection artifacts. Sounds like they are really running out of ideas.

I did like seeing Todd again though.

I so might skip the dreaded crossover next week. Looks like another Claudia episode anyway.

Too much Claudia, they really ruining it for me. And once again, Leena is not shown.

If it's just going to be the four of them, I'm done with it.

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
            In a lot of ways this episode felt like an inverse of Burnout. In Burnout we saw Myka get very angry when an artifact almost killed Pete. Now Pete even stops his one liners and get quite steamed as was obvious when Myka gets hurt. I'm not a shipper of these two and I never will be but I do like the friendship and caring that comes with these two. Besides that it was a standard artifact hunt which I love by the way but nothing special. I'm little surprised it was the photographer and not the "old woman" behind this. Hower it being the camera was predictible That suspense is fun to see as always. Not to mention it was actually Artie who saves the day. How often do we see that?

All in all the A plot was fun even the fat jokes (I liked the Arby's one) about Myka. Because it was so hilarious. Who in there right mind would think Joanne Kelly is fat? It boggles the mind especially after wearing those fashion dresses.

I know it hardly a big surprise from me but I didn't care for the Claudia subplot. Its not like previous episodes where I found Claudia to be an insensitive jerk. Actually from what we saw its the exact opposite. She is just my least favorite character so I'm not interested. The scenes just bored me.

Pete playing with Barbies frightens me greatly.
            100 percent agree with you there, it did have some Burnout elements in it.

I found it very talky, was putting me to sleep.

I give it 5 stars because it did have a some what creepy feel like it used too.

and don't get me started on Claudia lol. I can't that character she does not fit.

I so miss the banter that they had in season one.

Comment

Originally posted by DSG1 View Post
              100 percent agree with you there, it did have some Burnout elements in it.

I found it very talky, was putting me to sleep.

I give it 5 stars because it did have a some what creepy feel like it used too.

and don't get me started on Claudia lol. I can't that character she does not fit.

I so miss the banter that they had in season one.
              You got to be kidding thier was tons of banter in there. As for talky yes but their was quite a bit action as well
              Originally posted by aretood2
              Jelgate is right

Comment

This show is only getting better and better!

Comment

I like Claudia. I also love this show. This was an awesome episode. [/capt. obvious]
                  If you wish to see more of my rants, diatribes, and general comments, check out my Twitter account SirRyanR!
                  Check out Pharaoh Hamenthotep's wicked 3D renders here!
                  If you can prove me wrong, go for it. I enjoy being proven wrong.

sigpic
                  Worship the Zefron. Always the Zefron.

Comment

Man I love this show.

*goes to find a mop to wipe up the puddle of drool from seeing Myka all modeled-up this week*
                    "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

It was an awesome ep but I have one problem with it (and it's not that big a problem). Why did Myka mention in the Pilot that she was an only child and now she has a sister, named Tracy? This should be interesting to see how Tracy is explained. Other than that LOVED the ep. I'm with jel, really, who in their right mind would think that Joanne is fat. I did like the line from Myka about eating food. LOL

Loved how concerned and angry Pete was about the artifact hurting Myka. LOVED Artie trying to play match maker for Claudia.
                      sigpic
                      I prefer to be called Sunny, Sun or SK. Thanks.

Comment

I'm loving the stuff between Claudia and Artie, but I am a little disappointed to see Claudia's interest in Todd....but whatever...I'm sure it will be awesome. Myka looked great in the eppy! The fat comments in the episode made me think "lolwut".

Comment

Well anyone can seem "fat" when being compared to an anorexic model. How that is considered preferential by so many people will never be something I understand.

I'm still cracking up about all the Artie/Claudia moments, funny stuff!
                          sigpic

Comment

I thought it was funny they kept calling her fat id love to be as fat as her

Good episode, loved the chemistry between Pete & Myka, and also Artie & Claudia, oh and Myka and her most girls stay home and play with Barbies line is funny, and the Claudia/Artie father/daughter moment was good im glad they did that

Didint expect to see Todd again i dont really care for the character TBH its just like oh his cute (and he his) Claudia should date him, just seemed like they tried to shove him in our faces oh well

But i still love This show
                            Last edited by mr_kennedy; 28 July 2010, 05:43 AM.
                            Last Movie Watched
                            X-men - First Class

Last Video Game Played
                            Life is Strange

Comment

They missed a perfect opportunity to use The Excalibur as the main artifact and even Lizzy Borden's dress. I would have liked to have seen Pete/Myka retrieving these artifacts. But instead we got a five second sward fight. It's like they don't care about artifacts anymore just whatever juvenile thing they can come up with, comic books, movies/popcorn and fashion week. Jack kenny & the writer's must be reliving his second childhood with these predictable stories.

Comment

Working...
                              X