• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ghosts In the Machine (108)

CAPRICA SEASON ONE
    GHOSTS IN THE MACHINE
    EPISODE NUMBER - 108

Daniel Graystone engages in a dangerous game to draw out his daughter's avatar. (Hulu)

VISIT THE EPISODE GUIDE >
    Last edited by Darren; 04 July 2011, 03:09 PM.

the only thing this series has going for it is daniel and zoe. everything else is crap.
    https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

Originally posted by Pharaoh Atem View Post
      the only thing this series has going for it is daniel and zoe. everything else is crap.
      Personally, I wouldn't say that. Overall, I am enjoying things very much.
      sigpic
      MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
      "...phu...ah..."
      "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
      Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Originally posted by the fifth man View Post
        Personally, I wouldn't say that. Overall, I am enjoying things very much.
        i am not.
        https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

Holy frakking... That was a pretty damn good episode. The highlights of course being Daniel's interrogation methods (Very, very effective in scaring me, I'll say) and Joe's badass run through Mystery. The whole club scene was great - don't know why, but I liked the crossdressing fellow running things. The Amanda/Clarice story wasn't fantastic, but the Vergis scene was intriguing, to say the least. I'm glad each episode doesn't cram every story link into one episode (We've got Joesph looking for Tamara, Tamara in the V world, Zoe and the scientist guy, Daniel Vs Vergis, Daniel Vs his company, William Adama ditching school, Amanda going nuts, Clarice plotting, Lacy trying to get Zoe out of the planet, the two cops investigating the STO... A lot of threads overall), and the pacing doesn't suffer by keeping focus on a few threads per episode.

I must give huge props to the acting chops of Eric Stoltz and Alessandra Torrensani - both of them freaking rule in opposite angles. Eric for his low, dangerous, voice, while Alessandra is brilliant with emoting without words. Put them in an episode together, and in so many scenes, and we get brilliant stuff.

I am enjoying this show a lot, like the fifth man. Shame about the break, but then we get SGU... and I'm torn between wanting more Caprica or wanting more SGU. Didn't expect that.
          Last edited by MattSilver 3k; 20 March 2010, 03:39 AM.
          ~ When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade. Make life take back the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons! What am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! WITH THE LEMONS! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that BURNS YOUR HOUSE DOWN! ~

~ Burning people! He says what we're all thinking! ~

Comment

Originally posted by MattSilver 3k View Post
            I am enjoying this show a lot, like the fifth man. Shame about the break, but then we get SGU... and I'm torn between wanting more Caprica or wanting more SGU. Didn't expect that.
            yes thats exactly what happend to me too, i feel like i love this show more than SG:U, but well see after we saw SPACE, but CAPRICA entertains a lot but i think only for people who like character developments etc etc its a shame that not much people watch this. hope its get a second season though to wrap things up.
            oh by the way, this episode was awesome
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Pharaoh Atem View Post
              Couldn't agree less. The only character I didn't like much was Joseph and things are a lot better now with him. I actually like his V World storyline best for the moment. i am abit disappointed with Clarice. I LOVE Polly Walker. She rocks in "State of Play" and "Rome" but so far her character in "Caprica" hasn't really much of an oomph if you know what I mean
              He's like fire, ice and rage. He's like the night, and the storm in the heart of the sun.
              He's ancient and forever. He burns at the centre of time and he can see the turn of the universe.
              And he's wonderful.

Comment

I thought the ep was really good...especially the Daniel/Zoe scenes. I sort of wish he had actually forced her to shoot the dog with real bullets. (Is that Jake the dog from BSG? ) I really thought he'd make her do it, but did consider the possibility that the gun wasn't loaded. Didn't count on the robot being able to tell the difference, but it makes sense.

Sucks that it's going to break after next week as I'd rather watch this.
                IMO always implied.

Comment

They Daniel and Zoe stuff had me on my toes, I love the V-world stuff alot. Sometimes I think i'm watching The Matrix or a sequel to Blade Runner! And thats a great feeling.

Comment

As a dog lover the Ceasar shooting part was tough for me. Episode was great. I love Joseph this time, and I wonder who Emmanuelle is in real life.

Comment

Originally posted by Osiristi View Post
                      As a dog lover the Ceasar shooting part was tough for me.
                      I almost turned the whole thing off. Daniel is just pure evil, all that talk about loving his daughter more. Right. All he wants is to further his own agenda. Love the way Zoe figured out they were blanks.
                      The jury is still out about the series for me though.
                      no means no, and so does pepper spray
                      Sig by The Carpenter
                      sigpic

Comment

I have to say....while I am enjoying the series and would be upset if it gets cancelled, I am also finding that it's kind of meandering in general. At 9 episodes in, a series really shouldn't feel as aimless as Caprica has been thus far.

Oh and did I totally miss something, or was there zero reference to Clarice's little monotheistic slip in the opium den with Amanda?
                        "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

well what to expect from a teenage avatar in the robot's body ?

was fun episode but that zoe starts to make me mad she's like spoiledprat , say something and no more terror pluss happley ever after !!

was drama in it a lot but still one the best so far ... V world starts to get interesting to and i am clad there is lots of it
                          the girl sed few episodes back that go c my fater and tell i am in here ... still have not find the toughter and the toughter who is in the v world cant find dad to what is strange as a avatar he can do things and evolve with the V world program like we know them as a virus
                          sorry about my lack of language skills as it is not my daily language and have learned it by my self as not from any help of others or a school

Comment

i agree that Daniel doesn't give a fig about his kid...all he sees is that the brain of the robot is the key too winning the contract and figuring out the puzzle. and he'll do/say anything he can go get his way. he's just manipulating zoe.
                            Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
                              i agree that Daniel doesn't give a fig about his kid...all he sees is that the brain of the robot is the key too winning the contract and figuring out the puzzle. and he'll do/say anything he can go get his way. he's just manipulating zoe.
                              I disagree....he only chose to go on the talk show as a last resort and even then it was extremely difficult to talk about his daughter is a negivite way. What I'm thinking is he was trying to prove to himself that Zoe WASN'T in the machine to himself more than anything

As for the shooting Caesar scene I did have to turn the T.V. off for a little while...but then as I watched the rest I realised HE knew thy were blanks and SHE knew they were blanks everyone knew the dog wouldn't be harmed. I think the man misses his daughter plain and simple.

By the way...my DVR cut off the last five minutes...all I saw was Zoe and LAcy talking and Zoe saying if there had been full rounds in the gun she would have turned the gun on him....what did I miss?
                              "I'm being extremely clever up here and there's no one to stand around looking impressed! What's the point in having you all?!" - The Doctor (#11)

Comment

Working...
                              X