No announcement yet.

New Recurring Character for Season 2 .SPOILER

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not really sure whether Rhona Mitra will be for long in the second season, if at all, since she could get killed in the season 1 finale. I think she'll at least survive until the second season opener though, since JM mentioned that the first episode will shoot in the second slot. Might mean that RM is available on that date.

Anyway, this new character sounds interesting. Was thinking of Robert Knepper as well when I read that.
    Mia: Don't you hate that?
    Vincent: Hate what?
    Mia: Uncomfortable silences. Why do we feel it's necessary to yak about bullsh*t in order to be comfortable?
    Vincent: I don't know. That's a good question.
    Mia: That's when you know you've found somebody really special: you can just shut the f*** up for a minute and comfortably share silence.
    - Pulp Fiction

Comment

They should do something like Battlefield Earth... NOT TRAVOLTA'S MOVIE... the book which is actually very good. Basically, the Destiny is like the Ancients Voyager in a way. Voyager was sent out to gather information and never return. Destiny likewise was sent out to seed the galaxy with stargates. In Battlefield Earth, by Larry Niven... an alien race called Psychlo's are passing by our solar system when they discover Voyager. Gold is the rarest most valueable ore to them and thankfully...we put directions to earth on Voyager which is coated in gold. Psycholos use those direction and return to earth to wipe out most of our civilization to gut the planet for ore.

Whose to say that the Destiny hasn't been detected by other more advanced civilizations ? Why introduce the Lucian Alliance ? Out of all the possibilities they go back instead of forward and create something new.

Comment

I hope they rename him, Simeon sounds a bit unimaginative for a strong intimidating badguy, moreso for one who's not from Earth.
        "Most people who are watching TV are semi-catatonic. They're not fully alive." - U.S. District Court Judge Timothy Batten Sr.
        Ronald Greer is also a medic. Your argument is invalid.
        Originally posted by J-Whitt Remastered
        Secondly, I think that everything DigiFluid is good.
        Sandcastle Builder: The game of XKCD: Time

Comment

Originally posted by skarwolf View Post
          They should do something like Battlefield Earth... NOT TRAVOLTA'S MOVIE... the book which is actually very good.

In Battlefield Earth, by Larry Niven...
          I thought Battlefield Earth was written by L. Ron Hubbard, the founder of Scientology. Travolta's movie was an adaptation of Hubbard's book.
          sigpic

Comment

SG fan win.

we finally got something we wanted.
            https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

Originally posted by EvilSpaceAlien View Post
              Excellent. Keep up that kind of positive thinking!
              I'm not really keen on the LA, but even if i were, the things I quoted above are just lazy-ass writing.
              Not to mention we would get a "who's the spy (cylon)" arc, which is even lazier and uninspired.
              Later, AdamTM

I swear a lot, just take it as my attempt at honesty.

Stargate Atlantis Unlimited

Stargate Universe - BSG Style

Stargate Universe - Monk Style

SGU SUCKS

Comment

Originally posted by AdamTM View Post
                I'm not really keen on the LA, but even if i were, the things I quoted above are just lazy-ass writing.
                Not to mention we would get a "who's the spy (cylon)" arc, which is even lazier and uninspired.
                I don't see how you figure. Most science fiction franchises have their aliens appear in more then one series
                Originally posted by aretood2
                Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
                  I don't see how you figure. Most science fiction franchises have their aliens appear in more then one series
                  Thats not my point, i meant putting an LA baddie on the Destiny, which sounds contrived and lazy.
                  It feels out of place, just like the Pegasus Asgard, as awesome as their armor and appearance in the first part was, they were completely out of place in Pegasus.
                  And some factions are seriously overused, its like having the Enclave in Fallout as the constant bad guy, it gets dull after a while, no matter how awesome they were at first.
                  Were done with the Goa'uld, were done with the Replicators, were done with the NID and imo were done with the Lucian Alliance.
                  Later, AdamTM

SGU SUCKS

Comment

Thats not my point, i meant putting an LA baddie on the Destiny, which sounds contrived and lazy.
                    It feels out of place, just like the Pegasus Asgard, as awesome as their armor and appearance in the first part was, they were completely out of place in Pegasus.
                    And some factions are seriously overused, its like having the Enclave in Fallout as the constant bad guy, it gets dull after a while, no matter how awesome they were at first.
                    Were done with the Goa'uld, were done with the Replicators, were done with the NID and imo were done with the Lucian Alliance.
                    I don't think it is lazy, I think it makes sense. SGU still takes place in the universe as SG1/SGA, even Atlantis had a Goa'uld episode.

Comment

Originally posted by Replicator Todd View Post
                      I don't think it is lazy, I think it makes sense. SGU still takes place in the universe as SG1/SGA, even Atlantis had a Goa'uld episode.
                      Yes, once every 2 seasons or something, were talking about a recurring, maybe even semi-permanent villain.
                      Also SGU does take place in the same UNIVERSE but not the same galaxy, or even cluster, or even supercluster of galaxies.
                      That there would be a badguy from our galaxy on the ship, feels out of place and contrived, it doesnt make any sense at all.

Its like going to mars and it turns out there is a lone terrorist there that was sent there to sabotage the ship in case his own people failed on earth.
                      Reminds me of the really stupid plot in the Lost In Space movie.
                      Later, AdamTM

SGU SUCKS

Comment

Seska!

Comment

Bringing the Lucian Alliance into this seems forced and far fetched. We would have thought the new Universe series would have used new sets of friends and enemies in this new and unexplored galaxy. Especially, since I find the LA a bit bland as aliens. They don't represent anything imo. They are just a group of (criminal) human wanting something for themselves. Culturally/politically their are nothing special. But there's also hints of more original encounters in season 2. Beside all that, it will still be interesting to see how it plays out.

Maybe the goal is just to add conflicts on the Destiny ships while other stories plays out. The LA character would be some kind of Telford character. He could be some kind of mix between Telford as an antagonist and Rush with his ulterior motives.

I just don't get how is he suppose to get on the Destiny? Via the stones wouldn't make sense and would be underwhelming I think. Maybe that is his secret...
                          Currently watching: Dark Matter, 12 Monkeys, Doctor Who, Under the Dome, The Mentalist, The Messengers, The Last Ship, Elementary, Dominion, The Whispers, Extant, Olympus, Da Vinci's Demons, Vikings

Comment

Originally posted by Madwelshboy View Post
                            A casting call has gone out for a new recurring character for season 2:

http://www.spoilertv.com/2010/02/sta...son-2-new.html

Looks like the Lucian Alliance, are gonna play a big part in season 2.
                            Hi, everyone,

I don't know if most folks will remember me from a few months ago, but back then I posted spoilers for the second half of season 1 from casting scripts that I had read. I've read the casting script for the new character Simeon. It seems like either some character names have been changed to confuse us, or we meet a bunch of new characters on Destiny, or I just haven't been paying very close attention, because I don't recognize all of the characters that appear to be on Destiny in one of these scenes.

Simeon's casting script had 3 scenes. In the first scene, Simeon stops at a table where Jessica, Matt, and Carl are eating, says something to Jessica that she doesn't like, and everyone in the room, including guards watching Simeon, rush over to protect Jessica. Riggs shoves him up against a wall and tells Simeon that he's free to walk around, but no talking to his (Riggs') people.

In the second scene, a character named Anthony, who also seems to be a member of the Lucian Alliance, tells Simeon that he should watch his mouth, and that he's not going to let Simeon ruin this for them, that they released them (Anthony and Simeon) even though they didn't have to. Simeon protests that even though they were released, guards are still following them everywhere.

The third scene doesn't take place on the Destiny, because Simeon asks another character, named Morrison, what it's like to be on Destiny. Morrison tells him it's a rust bucket. Simeon says he can't wait to see it for himself. Morrison asks him what will happen if he can't do it, and fails to make a connection? Simeon says that the Colonel promised that he wouldn't kill Morrison.

Comment

We are in the Stargate universe. Enemies cross over. It happened in Star Trek. It happened in BSG. It happened in B5. Never mind the other genres. I don't see why that Stargate is added to it what its suddenly lazy assed writing. I see it more as expansion
                              Originally posted by aretood2
                              Jelgate is right

Comment

Yeah, I have don't problem with the Lucian Alliance making an appearance, I'd like it actually for them to explain how they knew about Icarus. Were I don't want them is in the Big Bad league (Goa'uld/Ori/Wraith), to be part of the next 5+ seasons' main arc. As minor antagonists they're fine.
                                Carter: "The singularity is about to explode!"

Comment

Working...
                                X