Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

L.A., Baby '10!!! (Official SG Con, Los Angeles 2010)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oh a Ben/Michael shot would be awesome! The Joe/Michael one is cool but sort of odd since they didn't share much screen time.
    I am psyched about it b/c they (Joe & Michael) were my favorite characters on each show. Ben/Michael was a lot of fun, the guys were entertaining that morning...I just wish mine would have turned out better, was very unhappy with how I looked.
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Kathryn View Post

Two new photo ops!

"THE WRAITHS AND YOU!" $49 (Friday)
      Christopher Heyerdahl and Andee Frizzell and YOU! Very cool!

"Superstars of Stargate" $89 (Saturday)
      MICHAEL SHANKS & JOE FLANIGAN and YOU!

So Andee must be hanging around for Friday and Saturday! Excellent - I really wanted to get this photo...and it's a really good price too!
      Great news. Andee and Christopher are just awesome for a not so usual photo op.

Equally great if Andee is already there on Friday.

Originally posted by off_the_post18 View Post
      My favorite SG Photo Op is a hug one. My problem is I am usually too shy to ask for a hug (with the exception of Shanks, I've always been able to ask him...Ben, never been able too...maybe this time. Maybe.)
      At first I wasn't really comfortable with the hugs (and the asking for a hug) as well. I'm not really a hug-person, especially not when I don't know the person. But so far the actors are all so likable, no big deal. Some of them even start the hug.

I am psyched about it b/c they (Joe & Michael) were my favorite characters on each show. Ben/Michael was a lot of fun, the guys were entertaining that morning...I just wish mine would have turned out better, was very unhappy with how I looked.
      I might not do such a double photo op again. Any double photo op where I just stand between two people. My photos never looked good so far. Would/Might be another matter altogether when doing another pose. Something funny or so.
      sigpic

Comment

well, I personally love hugs, but I tend to get my pictures with all my friends in them, that way I am not the only only one looking like a dork with a giant smile on my face, everyone else looks like one too My few photo ops I did alone were good, cept the Joe one, he and I are not a match, we always look mad. So it is easier to get in with all my friends, costs less too, and I have the memory of all my friends too. Last year I got one with most of the staff in it as well, so much fun
        Music and Stargate
        sigpic
        Perfection

Comment

Originally posted by Snowflake View Post
          well, I personally love hugs, but I tend to get my pictures with all my friends in them, that way I am not the only only one looking like a dork with a giant smile on my face, everyone else looks like one too My few photo ops I did alone were good, cept the Joe one, he and I are not a match, we always look mad. So it is easier to get in with all my friends, costs less too, and I have the memory of all my friends too. Last year I got one with most of the staff in it as well, so much fun

We've done a couple of group shots (Joe thought we were funny/crazy last year), but they were really strict on having more than two people in each photo op in Vancouver - we had trouble getting it done even with pre approval from Gary. I'd love to get another shot of us all this time, but I'm not so keen to open the can of worms again...it was embarrassing in Van.
          The Wraith the Wraith are a very bad race. A very bad race indeed
          Next convention: Creation LA SG/FS/Eureka WH13 Sanctuary TriCon

Comment

We've done a couple of group shots (Joe thought we were funny/crazy last year), but they were really strict on having more than two people in each photo op in Vancouver - we had trouble getting it done even with pre approval from Gary. I'd love to get another shot of us all this time, but I'm not so keen to open the can of worms again...it was embarrassing in Van.

They were really cool about in Chi this year. I bought double ops with Joe and Mike along with David and Joe. They were really good about two of my friends coming with me. I was surprised because they had given us trouble a couple of years before with more than two but no this year.
            One must always be improbable – Oscar Wilde sigpic

Comment

Two new photo ops!

"THE WRAITHS AND YOU!" $49 (Friday)
              Christopher Heyerdahl and Andee Frizzell and YOU! Very cool!

"Superstars of Stargate" $89 (Saturday)
              MICHAEL SHANKS & JOE FLANIGAN and YOU!

So Andee must be hanging around for Friday and Saturday! Excellent - I really wanted to get this photo...and it's a really good price too!
              Yeah, that's one that I ruled out immediately. I mean, really. Two thin and very tall people with me between 'em? No way! It would look AWFUL!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Courtam3 View Post
                They were really cool about in Chi this year. I bought double ops with Joe and Mike along with David and Joe. They were really good about two of my friends coming with me. I was surprised because they had given us trouble a couple of years before with more than two but no this year.
                I wish they would be consistent on this. My group was also embarrassed in Vancouver, trying to do a group photo with Joe and David, even with multiple tickets used. I just don't see why they're having problems with it all of a sudden. Especially if it's just one extra person or something.

I think the Wraith photo op would be cool. Have already done the Shanks/Flan duo in Vancouver. Have to Joe again (tradition) but it's getting harder to come up with good poses.
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by nakedwesley View Post
                  I wish they would be consistent on this. My group was also embarrassed in Vancouver, trying to do a group photo with Joe and David, even with multiple tickets used. I just don't see why they're having problems with it all of a sudden. Especially if it's just one extra person or something.

Did you guys manage to get your shot in the end?

I think the Wraith photo op would be cool. Have already done the Shanks/Flan duo in Vancouver. Have to Joe again (tradition) but it's getting harder to come up with good poses.

DITTO!!!

Comment

I'd wonder about you if you didn't get one with Joe!!
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Vecturist View Post
                      I'd wonder about you if you didn't get one with Joe!!
                      You'd be checking my temperature. LOL!
                      sigpic

Comment

You'd be checking my temperature. LOL!

Now there's an idea for a shot - have Joe checking your forehead for fever

Comment

I just noticed this entry on the Whedon con page:

8) Complimentary gold exclusive event: admission to a special Saturday
                          afternoon function with Eliza Dushku! Note that this benefit was changed on
                          September 9 once we booked Ms. Dushku so our gold patrons will have a
                          exclusive event with our special guest!

Interesting...because their Gold attendees still come to the Dessert party as well.

Comment

I just noticed this entry on the Whedon con page:

8) Complimentary gold exclusive event: admission to a special Saturday
                            afternoon function with Eliza Dushku! Note that this benefit was changed on
                            September 9 once we booked Ms. Dushku so our gold patrons will have a
                            exclusive event with our special guest!

Interesting...because their Gold attendees still come to the Dessert party as well.
                            All 25 of their gold attendees...I saw that. I would assume, if anyone has actually bought one, that the Super Gold Pass people would be included as well.
                            sigpic

Comment

All 25 of their gold attendees...I saw that. I would assume, if anyone has actually bought one, that the Super Gold Pass people would be included as well.
                              I had sent Gary an email a while back asking some questions about the Super Gold and he stated that they had sold quite a few at that point. Not sure how many that is by their standards, but I was kind of surprised they had takers.
                              sigpic

Comment

I had sent Gary an email a while back asking some questions about the Super Gold and he stated that they had sold quite a few at that point. Not sure how many that is by their standards, but I was kind of surprised they had takers.
                                That does surprise me too. Had they gotten Claudia Black again, and Alan Tudyk or Alexis Denisof for the Whedon con, maybe I'd have considered it.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X