• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Needs (108)

Visit the Episode GuideDOLLHOUSE - SEASON ONE
    NEEDS
    EPISODE NUMBER - 108

Echo and a group of Actives try to escape the Dollhouse after waking up as their original selves, with no knowledge of where they are.

VISIT THE EPISODE GUIDE >
    Last edited by GateWorld; 26 December 2013, 11:02 PM.

Am I the only one who saw this episode?
    I think it's getting better with every episode.
    sigpic

Comment

Yea, no thread for this??

Anyway, it was a good episode. It was great to get an idea of the backstory of Sierra and November, but I wish there was a little bit of something more for Victor.

I wonder why those 4 Dolls (Echo, Sierra, November, and Victor) are the ones are most affected by whatever weirdness is going on? It has to be more than a coincidence that they're all in the same room. Could the bed that Mike (was it Mike? the blonde guy Doll) is in was previously occupied by Alpha and it's tied to those events?

Comment

We know, that Echo was in the same room with Alpha, and he spared her life only. So it's a good question.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by pjt View Post
          We know, that Echo was in the same room with Alpha, and he spared her life only. So it's a good question.
          Ah right. I had thought that when they said he only spared Echo they meant that she was the only one in the room at the time. Then I guess if the previous occupants died, Victor and November must be pretty new Dolls just like Sierra. Hmm.

Comment

Pretty awesome episode. Totally awesome, I am almost certain the mole is not the psychologist. It be to obvious. But the fact that dolls keep going psycho in those pods, I suspect they are not getting the same medication as everyone else is through.
            The English women have not got a clue of what the dollhouse greater purpose is either.

The whole set up was perfect. The trickery in story telling was alright.

The fact that at least two of them suffered losses before becoming dolls is interesting.

I think the dollhouse is becoming more ensemble of cast than the first few episodes were which has led to great improvement.
            Last edited by knowles2; 04 April 2009, 01:14 PM.

Comment

It kinda sucks that the show is starting to pick up now that it's pretty obvious it's gonna be canceled. I just hope JW realizes that and gives the show a decent finale instead of what happened to FireFly.
              || Star Stream || Destiny Song || The Four Suns (My Band) || The Art of War <<== listen please!

Comment

: whines : Come on guys turn this thread into a sticky.

I really, really liked this episode and yeah "Dollhouse" is getting better and better with each episode. I am really happy about that I also do not think the psychologist is the mole.

I just loved how the original personalities of the dolls came through - even without their memories.
                He's like fire, ice and rage. He's like the night, and the storm in the heart of the sun.
                He's ancient and forever. He burns at the centre of time and he can see the turn of the universe.
                And he's wonderful.

Comment

Originally posted by Shan Bruce Lee View Post
                  It kinda sucks that the show is starting to pick up now that it's pretty obvious it's gonna be canceled. I just hope JW realizes that and gives the show a decent finale instead of what happened to FireFly.
                  Why do you think its going to get cut?
                  "Dying doesn't work in our favour!"

Comment

Originally posted by Nylon View Post
                    Why do you think its going to get cut?
                    Its ratings are beyond poor for a primetime show.
                    Originally posted by aretood2
                    Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
                      Its ratings are beyond poor for a primetime show.
                      and to add to that, a primetime show on a broadcast network. If that same show were getting those same viewer numbers on the SciFi channel it would be the highest rated show on the network.
                      || Star Stream || Destiny Song || The Four Suns (My Band) || The Art of War <<== listen please!

Comment

At the moment Dollhouse feels more like it should have been a movie than a TV series.

Needs was a pretty descent episode compared to the dreadfull one last week. The best episode was probably 'man on the street' (ironically the man on the street part was dreadful!). I don't think the actors and the girl playing Echoe got enough range for this particular show. For example, she felt ridiculous in the negociator role, in the second episode I think. While she was comfortable in the "girlfriend on a hiking trip then hunted down".

The best part of Needs was the fact that it was more of an ensemble episode than the others like someone already mentionned on this thread. But I don't know really how they could do that every week. Group assignment?
                        Currently watching: Dark Matter, 12 Monkeys, Doctor Who, Under the Dome, The Mentalist, The Messengers, The Last Ship, Elementary, Dominion, The Whispers, Extant, Olympus, Da Vinci's Demons, Vikings

Comment

Till Darren gets a chance to create the official Episode thread with the links and codes,I'm stickying this one .
                          The place to "Gate" to during Outages for updates and info:

Comment

Originally posted by lunarleviathan View Post
                            Ah right. I had thought that when they said he only spared Echo they meant that she was the only one in the room at the time. Then I guess if the previous occupants died, Victor and November must be pretty new Dolls just like Sierra. Hmm.
                            Considering the alphabet it makes sense that those three are newer than Echo...although I wonder if they assign the names new again when the old one leaves/dies/whatever?
                            Age is an issue of mind over matter...if you don't mind it doesn't matter

...Bonkers. But Brilliant...

Comment

Originally posted by billy_red_ocean View Post
                              Considering the alphabet it makes sense that those three are newer than Echo...although I wonder if they assign the names new again when the old one leaves/dies/whatever?
                              I think assigning names is pretty much based on the leaves/die basis. its been stated that Sierra is the newest doll and is definatly newer that November and Victor, because when we were told that Sierra was new, both Victor an November were both "undercover".

As for the episode itself i enjoyed it. I kinda new going into it, that there would a reset at the end of the episode. Was nice to get some back story on November and Sierra, and good to get an introduction to more dolls, Mike and Tango. Shame there was backstory for Victor.

The numbers look pretty dire, wish is a shame because of the potensial im starting to see.

Comment

Working...
                              X