• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Blood On the Scales (414)

Visit the Episode GuideBATTLESTAR GALACTICA SEASON FOUR
    BLOOD ON THE SCALES
    EPISODE NUMBER - 414

Gaeta and Zarek attempt to put Admiral Adama on trial to legitimize their coup, while President Roslin flees to the rebel base ship. Those loyal to Adama try and retake the ship.

VISIT THE EPISODE GUIDE >
    Last edited by Darren; 25 April 2011, 04:35 PM.

Amazing episode. I loved Adama's posse taking back the CIC.

Poor Felix, I felt bad for him at the end. He stayed logical the whole way through the revolution (for the most part), and by the end had completely accepted his fate which was noble.

Zarek deserved the bullet, glad he's finally dead after 4 seasons of being a pain.

Poor Anders. But the preview for next week looks amazing, if his memory really did return.

Good to see Adama back in command. And I love how they managed to wrap up this entire coup in two episodes yet still made it believable and well-paced.

And the Quorom all get shot once they stand up for themselves hahaha, ironic. I actually felt proud of them for once... I wonder what will happen to the Quorom now that Lee is the only surviving member?

But ahh what an amazing episode, I wish this series would never end. But knowing that there are only a handful of episodes left makes them all the better.

And it was interesting to see the FTL drive eh? Quite the contraption.

And Roslin freaking out on Zarek was epic! "I'll fight you with every cannon and bomb at my disposal, right down to my teeth!"

Comment

Is it just me or did I just watched the best hour of TV, EVER?

Comment

SPOILERS PLEASE!

People! Give me all the scoop! I don't have cable and have to wait till its on iTunes tommorrow to download and watch it.

YES! I'm a junkie.
        The Stargate Character Facebook/Twitter Status Page

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=69210

Comment

Great episode. Roslin saying she's coming for Gaeta and Zarek. Then Adama walking to the CiC surrounded by loyal people. That was the best scene. My only complaints are that Adama didn't blow Gaeta away as soon as he walked into the CiC and it seems like once again everyone is forgiven except for the ring leaders. Ending was good but I really wanted Adama to execute Gaeta personally. I was half thinking that they were going to drag it out another week, with the final scene being Adama standing in the launch tube

Comment

Gaeta: *Scratches leg* It's gone.
            *Boom*
            Gaeta: *Is dead*

How's that for perfect timing? To finally lose that crazy and irritating ghost limb feeling, and then you get shot.

Best parts: Romo's pen stabbing, and above.

Comment

Any minute sympathy I had for the Resistance died with the massacre of the Quorum.

It's funny, they accuse Roslin of authoritarianism, but when Zarek sees the pendulum swing not in his favor, he murders them. As much of a pain in the ass the Quorum's been since the beginning...

They didn't deserve that.
              http://www.change.gov

The reason you should vote Republican in 2010.

Comment

This was such an amazing episode. From start to finish, this was definitely one of BSG's finest hours. I really think this show is going to go out strong. Gaeta and Zarek definitely deserved what they got in the end.
                sigpic
                MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                "...phu...ah..."
                "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Amazing, glad that Adama got to kick some ass, though I was suprised that they didn't show more of the "pro-adama" personell fighting last episode, and that they waited until the end.

The Quarom of 12... is no more, I doubt new leaders will be elected before the series ends. When the shot of the two marines outside the quarom met my eyes, a chill went down my spine and I dreaded what happened next.

As for the chief, I honestly thought he might die in the episode (in the FTL room ((which we saw for the first time today btw)). Glad to see that he made it.

Hotdog = smart dog

Zarek can kiss my ass, I hope he rots in BSG's version of hell or oblivion.

When Gaeta and Baltar were conversing, I almost expected them to "reveal" certain... feelings for each other, though I could tell by the conversation that Gaeta was about to be shot.

Next weeks promo looks nice!
                  Ani Ohev Eretz Yisrael V'Chol Hakavod L'Tzahal.
                  -----------------------------------------------
                  I support Israel, my home, and my Jewish bretheren fully and with all my heart. I wish everyone I know in Tzahal health and safety!

Is loving the best addition to the Stargate Saga, known as Universe!

Comment

Another good episode

Its interesting how Geeta told Zarek after he had the Quorom shot "This is not what I signed up for." Geeta's Mutiny killed many on Galatica. But towards then end I think he realized that he got in over his head.

I wounder if Zarek kills the Quorom with out thinking about it then would it be safe to assume that Zarek would kill/replace Geeta if he didn't fall into line.

Comment

Kind of funny though that the same Marines that were about to execute Adama were the same ones that helped him retake the ship.
                      http://www.change.gov

The reason you should vote Republican in 2010.

Comment

FABULOUS!!! FABULOUS!!

I was on the edge of my seat for the whole hour; I did not believe how cold blooded Gaeta could be nor how ruthless Zarek would be when pushed. The revolution ended almost as quickly as it started.

The Quorum, Zarek and Gaeta!! I'm still a little shocked about how quickly Gaeta turned anarchist, but Zarek always was a lurking little rat, so I'm not disappointed he's dead.

Looks like Anders survives and lives to give Kara more info, yet again about what the answers are. We see the re-birth or downloading of another female Cylon, and I'm thinking it looks a lot like Six or Ellen (as we've been told she's the 5th). But.......

I can't help wishing that the identity of the 5th is really someone else. I am disappointed that Ron Moore gave up that info so easily!! Maybe it's a red herring??

Comment

Originally posted by HAL2100 View Post
                          SPOILERS PLEASE!

People! Give me all the scoop! I don't have cable and have to wait till its on iTunes tommorrow to download and watch it.

YES! I'm a junkie.
                          Spoiler:

- Zarek executes the Quorom of Twelve after they refuse to acknowledge him as the President. Lee is the only surviving member.
                          - Roslin and Baltar make it to the basestar, the Cylons are considering jumping away without the fleet but Roslin convinces them to stay.
                          - Gaeta is repulsed by Zarek's methods, but he does condone the execution of Adama and orders it willingly.
                          - Adama is held in a trial (with Zarek as the judge, obviously not a trial at all). Adama refuses to play along.
                          - The people being held in the brig are let out by Lee and Kara.
                          - Adama is saved from the execution squad by Lee and Tigh with others (including Kelly, remember him? Trying to kill Baltar back in Season 3?)
                          - Gaeta orders Galactica to jump and only give the coordinates to ships willing who support them. 10 ships take their FTL drives offline.
                          - Tyrol disables the FTL before the Galactica can jump. Gaeta realizes it's over while Zarek fights to escalate things even further, still thinking that something can be done. He obviously loses the support of the crew at this point.
                          - Gaeta orders the ship to stand down, then Adama's posse takes back the CIC and reestablishes control, and contacts the base star that Galactica has been secured.
                          - The episode ends with Gaeta and Zarek in the launch tube where Adama was, and they are executed on Adama's command.
                          - Gaeta accepts his fate, and just before he's killed his leg stops itching.

Comment

I was pretty shocked when Zarek had the quorum killed, but not all that surprised if that makes any sense. Wow, the quorum finally gets a backbone...and gets gunned down for their troubles. I don't know why Zarek even bothered allowing Gaeta that joke of a trial for Adama instead of just shooting him too. The dream execution was pretty obvious (and did I miss something or did Baltar waste no time getting it on with the six or what? jeez! )

The scene with Baltar and Gaeta was great.

Roslin was a little OTT for me, though it would have been funny/tragic if she had smacked Galactica around thinking Adama was dead. And with Galactica's stress fractures it may have not even held up if it had gone into battle with the basestar.

Damn funny to see Lampkin back, especially to see him pull a Gatea and pen that guard to death.

I don't know who the guy was who joked with and almost shot Tyrol or the guy who was weeping before going with the group to save Adama. Any help?

Doesn't look good for Anders...

I'm chewing over the symbolism of Gaeta's stump pain and why it went away right before he was shot.

Comment

Warning spoilers in my comments which you should not read if you have not yet seen this weeks show!!

Awesome episode, had me on the edge of my seat the whole time. I curse that where I live it is not in HD. It was funny that Tyrol was wandering around the entire time in the tunnels, and as we were getting towards the end, I was wondering if the writers joke was going to be that he ended up missing everything. But I think as well, after he pulled the drive he found something - is it that the ship is damaged? I only saw the scene the once, but it looked to me like the hull was cracking open in the engine room area. The FTL drive was cool.

I also liked how shocked everyone on the basestar looked when they were told Adama was dead. Just total disbelief. I was nice to see Baltar own up to the fact he had to go back and stand by his flock. There were so many great moments in this episode - super acting - damn scifi for putting the kybosh to this series.
                              ---------------------
                              sigpic
                              Another theory on the expansion of the universe collapses!

Comment

Working...
                              X