This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Deevil View Post
    yes, because I live to make sure I am credible in your eyes... I'm so heartbroken right now I'm not, but I'll find a way to live without your respect.

Really, so damned cut-up.
    Dry those tears man. DRY THOSE TEARS!
    Later, AdamTM

I swear a lot, just take it as my attempt at honesty.

Stargate Atlantis Unlimited

Stargate Universe - BSG Style

Stargate Universe - Monk Style

SGU SUCKS

Comment

Originally posted by AdamTM View Post

Sand-Alien = monster, Time-worms = alien hatchling from alien = monster
      Do not want!
      What's not a monster to you?

Comment

I would like to see ACTUAL aliens in sgu, but how would you get ahold of said aliens agents? ( < >..< > )

Comment

Originally posted by kymeric View Post
          I would like to see ACTUAL aliens in sgu, but how would you get ahold of said aliens agents? ( < >..< > )
          Ebay.

Comment

And what sort of pay would they be expecting?

Altarian Dollar? Flainian Pobble Bead? Triganic Pu?

Comment

Originally posted by EllieVee View Post
              And what sort of pay would they be expecting?

Altarian Dollar? Flainian Pobble Bead? Triganic Pu?
              Sex....I mean probably some minerals or stuff. But knowledge and technology are usually a good medium of exchange.

Comment

Originally posted by jmoz View Post
                Sex....I mean probably some minerals or stuff. But knowledge and technology are usually a good medium of exchange.
                Well, there's a lot of sex due to the total lack of money, trade, banks, art or anything else that might keep all the nonexistent people of the Universe occupied.

Comment

Just tell a politican they'll get free publicity. They're Alien, right?
                  Disclaimer: All opinions stated within this post are relevant to the author herself, and do not in any way represent the opinions of God, Country, The Powers That Be or Greater Fandom.

Any resemblance to aforementioned opinions are purely coincidental.

Comment

Now im picturing a 30 foot tall pile of puke with tenticles looking at the director and saying "Whats my characters motivation in this scene?"

Comment

No, I will accept that's your opinion - but trust me I think your over hyping them.
                      no man, they're the dudes behind the most awesomest of awesomest ideas, and concepts ever, and they're not living up to their hype. I'm feeling like the fans of George Lucas right now.

Because, at the moment they hav decided not to make the ancients the bad guys? Mate - Ancients as bad guys has been done a few dozen times. You want something awesome? That'd be something different.
                      No they haven't, silly, they've never made the Ancients evil, the Ancients aren't the Ori, since, the Ori are Ancients to their galaxy. I'm talking about our Ancients as bad guys. But 'that spoiler thing' would be awesome, maybe. And by maybe, I mean maybe in the sense of my no longer being innocent of all things sexual other than 'turning Japanese'

You do remember that the ancients were, essentially, us? The Gods of Olympus were humanised too, to represent and mirror humanity. You couldn't give those Gods any lessons on any of the above.
                      No they're not us, silly, maybe they were us in the infancy of their evolution, but I highly doubt it. In the SG universe, humanity there and those of us in the real world, are virtually the same. Now I may be going out on a limb to say that maybe, just maybe, the Ancient Alterans had a bout of humanity 21st century Tauri style, but that is highly unlikely. But for the sake of argument, let's say they were, like us, and after much madness and self deprecation, they, the Alterans, moved away from the religious movement and dedicated themselves to science, where as the other religious types, didn't. But for some reason, they (both Altera and Ori) feels a lot more like the Elves from the Lord of the Rings Trilogy, and we are more like the lords of Mordor (the Orcs, Uruk-hai etc).
                      Seriously, some of us actually like SGU and don't want your changes to take place.
                      Perhaps, I remember years ago, when a great many fiend with such rage at such ideas. But a great many of them has been blocked by scifi's forum. Interestingly, they (scifi)only allowed people who loved what was happening with the show and the characters intently, even when it was going astray. And especially when they canceled SG1 for Pain Killer Jane and Flash Gordon (filth laden shows of the highest order, the pukey hawk men episode of Flash Gordon still gives me headaches) they banned even more veterans, thankfully gateworld isn't like them.

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
                      Ancients as the bad guys? Am I the only one who remembers the Ori?
                      They weren't our Ancients, and they never did jack, unless you consider the cop outs afforded to their legend due to scifi's meandering. They could have been terrifying as the borg was years ago, but instead they ultimately felt like the Atavus from season 5 of Earth Final Conflict (a complete and utter waste)

Originally posted by MattSilver 3k View Post
                      I'm thinking big flashing lights accompanied by a little sound that says, "I'm being sarcastic!" would be nice...

On to the actual thread topic, I'll note that there have been "actual" aliens in Universe, though the word "actual" is a little stretchy. Humanoid aliens are still... aliens, by the dictionary definition, so even if there are some Doctor Who-esque guys wearing plastic, I won't really care. But the fact that the two alienoids thus far are basically CGI (Though the Shriekers had a practical model or two, I think) may bode well.
                      A wonderful book series which i have read, and re-read is Saga Of The Seven Suns, by Kevin J Anderson, it feels that through out scifi history, the only creator to have gotten aliens right, is him and the greatest of them all J Michael Stracyznski with Babylon 5. Every one else, meh.

Originally posted by PG15 View Post
                      Yeah, I'm not talking about those things either.

I'm talking about aliens that none of us have seen.
                      I'd watch something else.
                      But then, I am pretty weird.
                      I'm a scifi lover, therefore, there isn't anything else. And Smallville is doing the same two steps--- it's ridiculous, TPTB on these shows are sleep walking and complains that no one enjoyed their 'two steps' when we expected a ballet performance. But unlike those other shows, these writers are better than that. Make aliens awesome so that I be excited to tune in next week, like they used to when SG1 was awesome.

edit: Why can't they bring in Anthropologist and Zoologist and let them imagine away.

Comment

Originally posted by gotthammer View Post
                        Hmm. Seeing as SGU is rather serious, it probably could use some facehugger loving.
                        (or, to avoid copyright issues, some Giger-esque/inspired monstrosities )

Cthulhu would be nice, too.

This is a children show after all, and Giger, well maybe Cthulhu, but Giger, no not Giger, his stuff would cause SGU to be banned.

Comment

Originally posted by Coremae View Post

This is a children show after all, and Giger, well maybe Cthulhu, but Giger, no not Giger, his stuff would cause SGU to be banned.
                          Woah woah woah and woah. Since when is SGU for kids? Waaaay off the reservation there...
                          ~ When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade. Make life take back the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons! What am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! WITH THE LEMONS! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that BURNS YOUR HOUSE DOWN! ~

~ Burning people! He says what we're all thinking! ~

Comment

Since when has Stargate of any ilk been a children's program?

Comment

Originally posted by MattSilver 3k View Post
                              Woah woah woah and woah. Since when is SGU for kids? Waaaay off the reservation there...
                              No this is definitely a kid's show, most of them are (shows of this type). In a few years, this'll be on 5pm on scifi for all kids to see, the extra bits will either be cut out, or they'll simply not care due to the desensitized masses. I can write an adult themed show without being naughty and they'll immediately ban it.

Originally posted by EllieVee View Post
                              Since when has Stargate of any ilk been a children's program?
                              I've read enough books about real actual adult theme stories, (which makes my post an actual oxymoron since, most kids are pretty much exposed by age ten, so any thing done to protect them is absolutely trivial and pointless) and I have yet to see shows actually deal with mature, adult themed characters and events. And I'm not talking about sexual anything, most kids touch and feel by the third maybe fourth grade. I'm talking about themes that are essentially b@!!$ to the walls.

Comment

no man, they're the dudes behind the most awesomest of awesomest ideas, and concepts ever, and they're not living up to their hype. I'm feeling like the fans of George Lucas right now.
                                As I said, I respect that you think so highly of TPTB - but I do not share you passion for them. Nor are they anything like George Lucas. Once again, I feel a little over-hyping.

No they haven't, silly, they've never made the Ancients evil, the Ancients aren't the Ori, since, the Ori are Ancients to their galaxy.
                                Huh?!? Same people mate - different name but same people.

I'm talking about our Ancients as bad guys.
                                The Ori. Been there done that. It isn't new.

But 'that spoiler thing' would be awesome, maybe. And by maybe, I mean maybe in the sense of my no longer being innocent of all things sexual other than 'turning Japanese'
                                What to the who now?

No they're not us, silly,
                                Silly? Am I a child?

The ancients are us, just older. That's why they were interesting. They were the first evolution of humans.

moved away from the religious movement and dedicated themselves to science, where as the other religious types, didn't.
                                Science became as religion to them... The Ancients and Ori are not that different really.

But for some reason, they (both Altera and Ori) feels a lot more like the Elves from the Lord of the Rings Trilogy, and we are more like the lords of Mordor (the Orcs, Uruk-hai etc).
                                Whaaaaa?

Perhaps, I remember years ago, when a great many fiend with such rage at such ideas. But a great many of them has been blocked by scifi's forum. Interestingly, they (scifi)only allowed people who loved what was happening with the show and the characters intently, even when it was going astray. And especially when they canceled SG1 for Pain Killer Jane and Flash Gordon (filth laden shows of the highest order, the pukey hawk men episode of Flash Gordon still gives me headaches) they banned even more veterans, thankfully gateworld isn't like them.
                                Not to sound mean, but I don't understand the relevance of any of this.

Furthermore - SG1 was 10 years old. It ended because it was 10 years old.
                                Disclaimer: All opinions stated within this post are relevant to the author herself, and do not in any way represent the opinions of God, Country, The Powers That Be or Greater Fandom.

Any resemblance to aforementioned opinions are purely coincidental.

Comment

Working...
                                X