No announcement yet.

The New "Ark of Truth"!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No, really, you should heve read the "100 things you learned from AoT" thread.

Comment

He is right.

But where's the fun in that?
      sigpic

The New GateWorld Virtual Fleet Database

Comment

Now you are one person that would be good on the SGU writing team
        This isn't Atlantis?
        I don't think so.
        If this is not the Lost City…then where is it?

SGU= Awesome Eli is so me =P

Comment

well,more like: WHY THE HELL DIDNT THEY USE A P-90! why take the risk of the repli being ARG immune?

Comment

Or a SPAS 12.
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Lt. Col. Mcoy View Post
              Or a SPAS 12.
              Same thing.

Comment

An FN P-90 and a Franchi SPAS 12? I don't think so.

You do know the difference between a combat shotgun and a submachine gun, right?
                sigpic

Comment

The only thing that I saw that was wrong with it was Adria being influenced by the arc. She's ascended, so I would have thought you would have to be somewhat mortal to be brainwashed by that.

Other than that, I enjoyed it thoroughly. Great job writing, s09119.

Proud supporter of His holy BAGness!

Comment

I loved it. It was a heck of a lot better than what we saw.

I loved the part where we saw the Higher Planes of Existance and the very end where they say, "We are Alterans once more.." or something in the lines like that. Very powerful.

So many other things that made it great, but I can't even think of them. Too many to think of.

Excellent job.

There are no regrets. Thank you Brad Wright and everyone else for SGU,
                    and the amazing Stargate franchise in general.

Comment

I liked the Ark of Truth. But that was better.

Comment

Originally posted by :Orion Coran: View Post
                        I loved it. It was a heck of a lot better than what we saw.

I loved the part where we saw the Higher Planes of Existance and the very end where they say, "We are Alterans once more.." or something in the lines like that. Very powerful.

So many other things that made it great, but I can't even think of them. Too many to think of.

Excellent job.
                        Originally posted by CaramelMonkey View Post
                        I liked the Ark of Truth. But that was better.
                        Thanks It's nice to know people are still reading this over haha.
                        Click the banner or episode links to visit the virtual continuations of Stargate!
                        Previous Episode: 11x03 "Shore Leave" | Previous Episode: 6x04 "Nightfall" | Now Airing: 3x06 "Eldest"

Comment

Woooo. You are a very good screenwriter. But i have one question ( hey I'm the bad guy ) : Why do you use the [ ] for describe the actions ? I'm a French Screenwriter and i don't know this way to write the actions. I'm curious ^^
                          Sorry if my english language is bad ,it's beacause i'm a french

sigpic

Comment

I clicked on this thread, expecting an alternate cut of the movie.

Comment

Originally posted by s09119 View Post
                              Last Act in which little is changed;

Stargate: The Ark of Truth
                              Act III
                              Spoiler:
                              CUT TO: INT - AMELIUS'S LAB, ALTERAN CAVE, MILLIONS OF YEARS AGO

[AMELIUS presses buttons on the ARK, beginning to activate it. The first ALTERAN WOMAN enters. Behind him on a shelf is an Ancient communication device, filled with communication stones.]

ALTERAN WOMAN:
                              (Softly, to AMELIUS)
                              Amelius, what are you doing? It's time to go.

AMELIUS:
                              (Sighing)
                              I know.

[He finishes setting the device, watching it light up.]

AMELIUS:
                              (re: the Ori followers)
                              They have to know the truth.

ALTERAN WOMAN:
                              They will find nothing. All will be destroyed.

[She gently pulls AMELIUS away. The code buttons darken with no further activation. AMELIUS pauses at the door and turns back, looking around the room.]

AMELIUS:
                              My notebook...

[He grabs a notebook filled with designs of a STARGATE. He takes it and leaves with the ALTERAN WOMAN.]

AMELIUS:
                              (Excited)
                              I had the most amazing idea last night...

[There is a rumbling from outside.]

CUT TO: EXT - ORTUS MALLUM REGION, DAY

[Snow and rocks begin to fall away from the largest nearby mountain. The top of it shatters as an ALTERAN CITYSHIP breaks through the surface. The debris destroys the village below. The CITYSHIP lifts off the ground and flies into space.]

CUT TO: INT - SGC BRIEFING ROOM, PRESENT DAY

[CARTER stands in front of the screen, which depicts images of the ORI SUPERGATE. TEAL'C, LANDRY, and MITCHELL sit around the table, listening.]

CARTER:
                              (Explaining)
                              ...while we think we could use the ZPM on board the Odyssey, unfortunately, it's nowhere near enough power to sustain an outgoing wormhole indefinitely.

MITCHELL:
                              (Nodding)
                              So I take it doing the whole Pegasus thing again is not an option?

CARTER:
                              The fact is, we were lucky to avoid the attack from the Wraith the first time.
                              (Changing slides)
                              However, using the Odyssey, we believe we can beam four Mark IX nuclear devices strategically in between the Supergate's individual segments. Hopefully, undetected, they'll be triggered by any inbound gate activation. The resulting explosions should, theoretically, create a chain reaction that will essentially utilize the massive amounts of energy being channeled into the gate from the dialing galaxy to destroy it.

[While she speaks, the display demonstrates her theory, showing sabotage on four equidistant points on the SUPERGATE being destroyed and leading to the other segments' destruction.]

[DANIEL enters.]

DANIEL:
                              (Quickly, to CARTER)
                              Don't blow it up just yet. We may still need that Supergate.

LANDRY:
                              (to DANIEL)
                              Doctor Jackson? Care to explain why we shouldn't destroy the enemy's one and only link here?

DANIEL:
                              (Breathless)
                              The Alterans didn't bring the Ark with them, sir... it's still in the Ori galaxy.

INT - SGC INTERROGATION ROOM

[MARRICK fixes his file, his papers, and his microphone recorder in a precise and methodical manner. TOMIN sits stiffly at one end of the table. When finished preparing, MARRICK sits at the other end of the table, clears his throat, and clasps his hands in front of him.]

MARRICK:
                              Okay then. I just need to get a few things straight here for the record. Okay? It shouldn't be that hard.
                              (Beat)
                              So... you're a commander in the Ori army.

TOMIN:
                              I was.

MARRICK:
                              Yes, was.
                              (He chuckles.)
                              Of course. So, your duties as a commander involved...?

TOMIN:
                              Following the orders of the Priors. Supervising the warriors under my command. Ensuring the survival of as many of my men as possible.

MARRICK:
                              Right. Good. See? No big deal. Okay. Moving on. In the time that you've been here in our galaxy, how many innocent human beings would you say you've slaughtered?

[TOMIN stares at MARRICK, shocked.]

MARRICK:
                              (Angrily)
                              I'm talking personally here. I'm sure you didn't keep a running tally, so maybe you could just give me a general estimate. Hundreds? Thousands? More?

TOMIN:
                              (Confused)
                              What do you want from me?

[MARRICK stands, agitated.]

MARRICK:
                              (Angrily)
                              I just want you to answer my questions! And I have quite a few. They cover things like your plans, your tactics, your numbers, training, anything that might help us in defending against an attack that you say is coming!

TOMIN:
                              (Starting to talk over him)
                              I've already told the others all I know. Everything I was told about the coming fleet is in their reports.

[MARRICK leans over the table, inches from TOMIN's face.]

MARRICK:
                              (Ignoring TOMIN)
                              How many innocent human beings would you say you've slaughtered because they chose not to believe in the Ori?
                              (Beat)
                              Answer!

PAN TO: INT - SGC INTERROGATION OBSERVATION ROOM

[A troubled TEAL'C watches the interrogation. MITCHELL enters.]

MITCHELL:
                              (to TEAL'C)
                              Where's Vala?

TEAL'C:
                              She could not bear to watch... this.

MITCHELL:
                              (Nodding)
                              Did you hear the plan?

TEAL'C:
                              (Thoughtful)
                              Hm. Tomin wishes to accompany us. He believes he can help us establish contact with the anti-Ori underground. It may be, in fact, the best way to figure out where Ortus Mallum actually is.
                              (Beat)
                              From what I am told, the Ori galaxy is quite large.

MITCHELL:
                              Well, we can definitely use all the help we can get. Assuming, of course, the Ori are actually dead. Otherwise, this is gonna be a very short mission.

TEAL'C:
                              (Gravely)
                              Indeed.

CUT TO: INT - SGC, LANDRY'S OFFICE

[MITCHELL enters LANDRY's office. The General is at his desk. DANIEL sits against one credenza, and MARRICK leans on the other while reading a folder.]

MITCHELL:
                              (to LANDRY)
                              General.

LANDRY:
                              (to MITCHELL)
                              Colonel, I was just giving Doctor Jackson the good news.

DANIEL:
                              (with false brightness)
                              The mission's been approved!

MITCHELL:
                              I thought it was already approved?

MARRICK:
                              (Absently)
                              Actually, no mission is approved till the IOA officially signs off on it.

LANDRY:
                              (to MITCHELL)
                              You've been given temporary command of the Odyssey for the duration of this operation. Colonel Carter will act as your XO.

MITCHELL:
                              (Confused)
                              Sir, Colonel Carter outranks me... why am I being placed in command over her?

LANDRY:
                              (Sighing)
                              The IOA believes you are less likely to... get colorful with your orders.

[The two share a look, clearly accepting that the IOA doesn't fully trust CARTER, given her record under GENERAL O'NEILL.]

MITCHELL:
                              (Uncomfortably)
                              Sir, does that mean I have to sit in the chair?

LANDRY:
                              (with false happiness)
                              That it does! And I wish the fun ended there.

MITCHELL:
                              Sir?

LANDRY:
                              Mister Marrick will be overseeing the mission on behalf of the IOA.

[MARRICK shrugs and smiles.]

MARRICK:
                              (to MITCHELL)
                              Personally, I'm excited.

MITCHELL:
                              (with no enthusiasm)
                              Yeah. Me too.

MARRICK:
                              Yeah, this'll be my first time on one of our battlecruisers. We'll see you on board, Colonel.
                              (to DANIEL and LANDRY)
                              Doctor Jackson, General.

[DANIEL gives an exaggerated wave. MARRICK leaves and MITCHELL closes the door behind him. Beat.]

MITCHELL:
                              (Thinking, to LANDRY)
                              Can I confine him to quarters?

LANDRY:
                              (shrugging)
                              It's your call, Colonel. One of the decisions those of us in command have to make.

[MITCHELL glances over at DANIEL, who avoids his gaze and fights a smile. Mitchell grimaces.]

MITCHELL:
                              (to LANDRY)
                              Thank you, sir.

[He leaves. DANIEL follows.]

DANIEL:
                              (to Landry, with a smile)
                              Thank you, sir.

[DANIEL leaves. LANDRY half-smiles to himself after they're gone.]
                              But they didn't avoid the wraith attack, did they?

Comment

Originally posted by Ugly Pig View Post
                                Sure, fans always seem to think they know better than the writers how to write the show.

Of course, when they actually try, they more often than not end up writing utter crap.
                                I think the frequency of fans thinking so is technically a lot less than u're claiming.

Originally posted by s09119 View Post
                                And yet most people on this forum could've come up with something better than a movie that was 60% Replicator-nothing-to-do-with-the-Ori.

Seriously, go read a few fanfics on a Stargate site, some of them are spot-on better than some of the crap TPTB come up with.
                                60%--that much? in any event, seen from this angle, putting the Rep subplot in there seems superfluous and distracting and that's probably why--I mean honestly, we don't
                                wanna watch an Alterran/Ori-related movie and revisit the already-annihilated Reps.

agree w/u--first, TPTB get ideas from us fans, such as the Ancient ship name Destiny from a fanseries which gateworld linked to and maybe still links to; if we were to ask, to determine who writes Stargate stories better, Stargate fans who read Stargate fanfic who writes better by comparing a few pieces, certainly some of them would; dunno if the detractor of general fanwriting u quote is using that as a criteria or professional writers, but as far as show fans go, I'm fairly certain

fanficiction.net, the world's biggest general fanfic site (and perhaps Stargate fic site) has lots of good prose pieces
                                If you're interested in reading my longest fanfic story, which is an action/adventure story involving the elusive Furlings (as well as if you want to read the others), please click the link below.
                                [URL="http://www.fanfiction.net/s/6888222/1/Tauri_Furling_First_Contact_and_Alliance[/URL]

RIP Sep 2010 to beloved gateworld.net member and forum contributor Weedle, very skilled soldier with military special operations, a wonderful human being, and a friend to so many on gateworld. May we keep his memory close.

Comment

Working...
                                X