• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Kindness of Strangers (204)

Visit the Episode GuideHEROES SEASON TWO
    THE KINDNESS OF STRANGERS
    EPISODE NUMBER - 204

After Angela Petrelli confesses to a murder she didn't commit, Parkman pushes to continue his investigation -- and makes a startling discovery about his own father. Micah's cousin Monica struggles to support her family in New Orleans, and Maya and Alejandro pick up a dangerous passenger.

VISIT THE EPISODE GUIDE >
    Last edited by GateWorld; 01 May 2015, 09:35 PM.

So Sylar manages to survive a 3 day walk before recuperating from major surgery and wounds. He also managed this feat with an open wound. And while walking he manages to fully heal and can now steal powers again. Am I the only person who noticed that his M.O. has changed? He suddenly goes for the base of the skull where as he used to just cut the top of the skull off. This entire scenario wreaks of lazy writing.

The new girl, I didn't catch her name, is lame as well. Her power is cool and she will hopefully serve some sort of purpose in the end. Or is this just to connect with Micah's power. It does make sense that they all fit together.

Is anyone else getting the feeling that everyone is related by blood?

O and Claire. I have nothing good to say about her so I'll stay silent for now.

Molly's scene was great. I guess Matt can not project thoughts into people.

The previews for next week.... Peter got the lighting like power from the new character. She is also meant to find him and I guess return him to the company. I doubt he is the killer though. There is no way for him to know that everyone in that photo is connected. Only a member of the inner circle will know that information.
    Last edited by Phenix; 15 October 2007, 06:14 PM.

Comment

Definitely a step up from last week's episode I think, though the whole thing with West and Claire still bothers me. Looks like we have a new hero too! Oh, and Sylar meeting up with Maya and Alejandro, I think that just made their storyline much more interesting. Wow, Papa Parkman is the Boogeyman? Never expected that. No Hiro in this episode, oh well...

Looks like next week's will deal a lot with Peter, we'll see how that'll turn out.
      Folding@Home|Babylon 5 Canon Guide

Delenn: This is Ambassador Delenn of the Minbari. Babylon 5 is under our protection. Withdraw,...or be destroyed.
      Earth Captain: Negative. We have authority here. Do not force us to engage your ship.
      Delenn: Why not? Only one human captain has ever survived battle with a Minbari fleet. He is behind me. You are in front of me. If you value your lives, be somewhere else.
      --Babylon 5 - "Severed Dreams"

Comment

Well, I'm disappointed Sylar wasn't still in an illusion, but I'm quite happy he's calling himself Gabriel Grey again. Finally the "Maya 'n Alejandro tale o' woe and doom and separation anxiety" picks up some steam.

West is still a pain in the mikta.

Nathan shaved! *does a happy dance* I'm not surprised by Mama Petrelli's confession, and I liked the inside-the-head interaction with Matt. Speaking of Matt, dude, his dad! An original hero! That's pretty awesome. I'm not entirely sure what to make of his (Grunberg Senior, that is) possession of Molly; I hope it goes somewhere.

Monica = awesome. I like her, I appreciate her situation, and I'm intrigued by everything going on, including her power. Micah has the potential to be even better when guided by her. And Uhura, though limited again, is still quite the presence - gotta love that.
        Words to live by: "When in doubt, shoot at the guy yelling 'Kree!'."

Let's try this again: Spoiler-free 'til Season 4.5.

EJO on the blooper reel: "I hope you like it... or I'll SQUASH YOUR NUTS."

Spoiler:
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Lady Snow View Post
          Well, I'm disappointed Sylar wasn't still in an illusion, but I'm quite happy he's calling himself Gabriel Grey again. Finally the "Maya 'n Alejandro tale o' woe and doom and separation anxiety" picks up some steam.
          Snow, you need to watch the end of the episode again. Sylar is back with a vengeance. The ticking sound before he killed Derek indicated that his power was back and that Derek was 'special'. I hope he doesn't try to kill them both.

Comment

Definitely a very good episode tonight. I swear, I just can't get enough of Sylar. He's so bad, he's good. It's going to make for good stuff now that he's hooked up with Maya and her brother.

As for the revelation about the "Boogeyman", WOW!! I definitely didn't see that one coming.
            sigpic
            MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
            "...phu...ah..."
            "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
            Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

I am VERY disappointed that Sylar really did kill Illusion Girl and is back to his usual tricks. Very disappointed.

Claire's storyline continues to bore me, as it did last season, but now with added squick thanks to her creepy flying boyfriend.

I'd like to get a closer look at that group picture. And given the whole "Mrs. Petrelli tried to attack/kill herself" lie, it makes me wonder if "Mr. Petrelli killed himself" might not have the same lie at its source.

I love Monica. I hope she'll get to play a more central part in things... and that it won't be in a tragic sort of way.

Thank the merciful gods that Nathan finally shaved and likewise thank you for sparing us from another dreadful chapter in the life of McPeter.

Interesting reveal about Matt's daddy. I hope Molly's gonna be okay.

Comment

Am I the only one getting tired of Sylar? Same ol', same ol' from him. and how in the world did he get on that road?

The rest of the show was good though. The new hero is cool.

So, I guess Micha can sense what people are thinking since he could tell what was bothering the new girl by just putting his hand on her back? It's not really that far fetched. the brain is just a big computer. maybe he can interact with the electrical impulses of the brain/nervous system.

Say hello to my little friend!!

Comment

Originally posted by Iguana775 View Post
                  Am I the only one getting tired of Sylar? Same ol', same ol' from him. and how in the world did he get on that road?
                  No, you're not the only one. Might be marginally more interesting if he had experienced some massive change of heart that made him into a good guy... of sorts. It'd be a bit cliched, but it'd be better than having him pursue the same tired path he did last season.

BTW, someone really needs to get him a "Superstar!" hat, especially now that he has the ability to look like anyone he wants... just like Eddie van Blundht on X-Files.

So, I guess Micah can sense what people are thinking since he could tell what was bothering the new girl by just putting his hand on her back? It's not really that far fetched. the brain is just a big computer. maybe he can interact with the electrical impulses of the brain/nervous system.
                  Kind of a creepy thought, isn't it?

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMaat View Post
                    No, you're not the only one. Might be marginally more interesting if he had experienced some massive change of heart that made him into a good guy... of sorts. It'd be a bit cliched, but it'd be better than having him pursue the same tired path he did last season.

BTW, someone really needs to get him a "Superstar!" hat, especially now that he has the ability to look like anyone he wants... just like Eddie van Blundht on X-Files.

Kind of a creepy thought, isn't it?
                    Maybe Sylar will help in defeating the new baddy.....

So far, this season isnt quite as good as last. Hopefully it picks up a lot. I loved the new hero (Monica?) and her story line though. The twist with Parkman is intersting too.

Say hello to my little friend!!

Comment

Sylar is calling himself "Gabriel Gray" because he has lost his powers, so he doesn't feel like Sylar anymore -- he doesn't feel "special." But I don't think he's gotten them back yet, and I don't think that Derek had a power. It seems to me that he just killed him to shut him up and give him an opportunity to manipulate the kids.

Nathan apparently has some sort of restraining order against him. Sad.

Matt's child is apparently really the b****rd child of Janice's affair with the scumbag cop. Very sad, and no doubt the straw that broke their marriage. But I wonder ... who suggested they do a DNA test? Or did Janice know all along?

West was only slightly less annoying this week. But still childish, needy, self-involved, and stalkerish.

Monica's ability is interesting. Uhura is a non-character. And Monica's little brother is such an ***hole that I may change the channel the next time I see him. I'm not really interested in bully characters like that.
                      GateWorld Podcast - Info - iTunes - Google
                      The Stargate Omnipedia - www.StargateOmnipedia.com
                      Stargate Image Gallery - www.StargateGallery.com

Comment

Yeah, the thrill of the new season is starting to wear off. Hopefully things will gear up soon. And PLEASE do something interesting with Sylar.

I hope Kristen Bell's character is a good one, too. And that she isn't just a badass version of Veronica Mars.

Oh, and West reminds me of some kind of loserish budget version of Clark Kent, circa Smallville.

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMaat View Post
                          Oh, and West reminds me of some kind of loserish budget version of Clark Kent, circa Smallville.
                          There you go.....I can't stand Smallville, and yes, West is like someone who would be on that show and would be considered oh-so-romantic and perfect guy blah blah, but really, it's just creepy, stalkerish, and annoying. And it makes the women look like idiots. West went from bad to worse. Why do I think he's coerced other girls? The guy just says all the wrong things, the way he convinces Claire to trust him.....just so completely wrong. *sigh* I like Claire, and I want her to get a clue quick. HRG better find out about this deception sooner rather than later.

I still miss Zach.

Am I the only one who noticed that big fat cockroach when we saw whats-his-name after Syler killed him?

Great twist on Matt's father being "the bogeyman", can't wait to see where this goes. I love this company/generations/whatever it is storyline.

Missed Hiro/Ando/Kensei this week, missed the Peter we like, didn't miss the Irish mob, didn't miss Niki. And taking powers/talents that you see on tv? Wow. That just might be the best power yet. (if that is indeed how it works)

And Kristen Bell next week! I am sooo excited!

Comment

Originally posted by Trek_Girl42 View Post
                            Am I the only one who noticed that big fat cockroach when we saw whats-his-name after Syler killed him?
                            Nope. That was definitely an "Ooh, interesting..." moment for me.
                            Words to live by: "When in doubt, shoot at the guy yelling 'Kree!'."

Let's try this again: Spoiler-free 'til Season 4.5.

EJO on the blooper reel: "I hope you like it... or I'll SQUASH YOUR NUTS."

Spoiler:
                            sigpic

Comment

sylar does not have his powers back yet, his power was not a ticking sound. if he had his powers back his watch would be fixed and would be going by the name sylar. like Darren said he just doesn't feel special anymore.

clair is suddenly going no where, i care more about hiro then clair these days i would rather see whats happening with him.

i have a loosly baised theory about nathans burned mirror friend, maybe niki's alter ego made a jump and is now in nathan. maybe the alterego wasn't a fractured mind but an actual hero that lives inside people heads like that?

i still can't wait to see what nathans mum's power is.

Comment

Working...
                              X