Stargate Trading Card Game

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stargate Trading Card Game

Ok, now it's starting to get a little overboard. Action figures I can understand, But Trading cards?!
    These are the wrong people... in the wrong place.

Well... why not trading cards?

Every other major Sci-Fi franchise has them, Star Wars, Star Trek, Doctor Who... also, they are highly collectible - something that appeals to the stereotypical fanatic, myself included.

Personally I think they are a great idea, and look to be great also... much better than the action figures in terms of quality and value.

If you don't like them mate, then just don't buy them.

Comment

The trading cards have been out for ages...I love them

I have all the trading cards up until s8 and I've collected Star Trek ones too.

I don't any action figures...nor do I want to
      sigpic
      Part 2 coming very soon!! (this is a fic btw, not the Fandemonium novel)

Comment

i think its cool i probly well never play any one but there a cool thing to collect

i can finaly live out my dream of attacking blue eye white dragon with asgard war ship take that yugi.

Comment

i am not so sure, i was kinda hoping for some drawn on characters not pictures on the cards, i was once a big trading card fan, but i saw these and they just looked like they could of been better.
          You know how to make yourself sound like a creep, end every sentence by saying LADIES...

I am Thor... Supreme Commander of the Asgard flett... Ladies

Comment

Originally posted by Orlin2000 View Post
            i am not so sure, i was kinda hoping for some drawn on characters not pictures on the cards, i was once a big trading card fan, but i saw these and they just looked like they could of been better.
            How so?

I'd love to hear more in depth thoughts on that from you dude. See if they match up to my own ideas of how they could've been done.

Comment

It's like Magic The Gathering.

Only geekier!

Comment

Originally posted by Marcus117 View Post
                Well... why not trading cards?

Every other major Sci-Fi franchise has them, Star Wars, Star Trek, Doctor Who... also, they are highly collectible - something that appeals to the stereotypical fanatic, myself included.

Personally I think they are a great idea, and look to be great also... much better than the action figures in terms of quality and value.

If you don't like them mate, then just don't buy them.
                Well, that's the point isn't it? Stargate isn't like every major Sci-Fi show. Like Battlestar Galactica, it's a more mainstream form of Sci-Fi. And most of its fans are not just stereotypical Sci-Fi fans. Stargate is more drama, action and comedy than your generic Sci-Fi show. It's more popular with the mainstream audience than possibly any other Sci-Fi shows, except Battlestar Galactica, which has done very well in it's own right.

I just feel, Stargate Trading cards just tarnish the image of the show. It's uniqueness from other Sci-Fi shows. Makes it more nerdy if you will.
                These are the wrong people... in the wrong place.

Comment

Originally posted by Detox View Post
                  Well, that's the point isn't it? Stargate isn't like every major Sci-Fi show. Like Battlestar Galactica, it's a more mainstream form of Sci-Fi. And most of its fans are not just stereotypical Sci-Fi fans. Stargate is more drama, action and comedy than your generic Sci-Fi show. It's more popular with the mainstream audience than possibly any other Sci-Fi shows, except Battlestar Galactica, which has done very well in it's own right.

I just feel, Stargate Trading cards just tarnish the image of the show. It's uniqueness from other Sci-Fi shows. Makes it more nerdy if you will.
                  Geeky. The correct term is Geeky.

Frankly who cares?

On the one had, it means more money for MGM, and on the other hand, we get cool cards!

"Five Rounds Rapid"

sigpic

Comment

Hah hah, I think it's great that we have a card game now. I wish the layout was a little better though... it looks extremely juvenile. It reminds me more of Yu-Gi-Oh! rather than the earlier Magic the Gathering cards or Star Wars cards. It's very "bubble-gum"-ish.

Carson: Muh tuttles!

Comment

Trading Cards... suppose it's good for fans who are kids, although I was under the impression the majority of fans were a bit older. No offense to anyone, collecting stuff is great, but trading cards are a bit of a kidish thing.

Comment

I'm assuming some of you have seen the post on the main site. But who's gonna buy them? I used to be a big TCG when I was little but haven't touched a game in about 2 year.

I'm tempted to buy them and learn them. I'm sure there'll be some conventions or something.
                        sigpic
                        Stargate Destiny - Coming Again Soon

Comment

Originally posted by lunarleviathan View Post
                          Trading Cards... suppose it's good for fans who are kids, although I was under the impression the majority of fans were a bit older. No offense to anyone, collecting stuff is great, but trading cards are a bit of a kidish thing.
                          Scuse me? Why are Trading Cards for kids? That just seems like a ridiculous assumption. Granted, I havent collected cards in years, but I think I'll start with these. A proper duel can be quite fun, and why is it more kiddy to collect cards than statues, or action figures. It's not. Let people enjoy what they do.

"Five Rounds Rapid"

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Flying Officer Bennett View Post
                            Scuse me? Why are Trading Cards for kids? That just seems like a ridiculous assumption. Granted, I havent collected cards in years, but I think I'll start with these. A proper duel can be quite fun, and why is it more kiddy to collect cards than statues, or action figures. It's not. Let people enjoy what they do.
                            You are so right. Speaking as a retailer trading cards and ccgs (collectible card games) are most certainly not just for kids. We sell to mostly adults (& lots of them I might add)
                            Someone above asked who would be buying these--I will and looking forward to them.

LISA

Comment

Must resist...
                              cannot buy more Stargate stuff...
                              just say no...

can't do it...
                              addiction is too strong...

the gate pwns me!

Comment

Working...
                              X