• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Unexpected (116)

Visit the Episode GuideHEROES SEASON ONE
    UNEXPECTED
    EPISODE NUMBER - 116

Matt is recruited by the radioactive Ted Sprague and his new ally, Hana, to get answers to their common questions. Mohinder leads Sylar to his next victim, not knowing who the murderer really is. Claire blames her father when her mother falls ill. Mr. Bennett and the Haitian go after Peter and Claude, while Hiro and Ando wind up in the middle of a shoot-out.

VISIT THE EPISODE GUIDE >
    Last edited by GateWorld; 01 May 2015, 09:25 PM.

Its hard to believe they're keeping all those plates spinning on all those sticks, but they're really setting it up and knocking it down on this show.

Claire/Dad, Claude/Peter, Suresh/Sylar, Matt/Wife/Ted, Hiro/Ando -- all of these amazing threads being woven together nicely -- its so supremely satisfying after about 10 initial episodes of set-up. WOW.

Great TV.

Comment

Good episode. I loved it when Peter finally was able to control his power and fly away.

I cant wait to see more of his powers.

Interesting twist with Matt.

I wonder when Suresh will realize that he's helping Sylar find the 'gifted'.

Say hello to my little friend!!

Comment

Very interesting ep, as usual.

While I'm happy to see the girlfriend is finally out of the picture I think it's a little disappointing that she was the most easily sacrificial character on the show. No real loss with her gone except as some angst for Peter and Painter Boy.

Peter's really starting to develop, isn't he? And I have a feeling latest events are not likely to make him very endeared to humanity as a whole. Maybe there's a chance for Darkside Pete after all.

The scene with Nathan felt a bit superfluous. I'm always happy to ogle Adrian, but I think we could have done without quite easily. I guess it was meant to show us how Lil' Miss Goodness is running hither and thither to find her darling loverboy. Yawn. Sorry, never liked them as a couple, anyway. Although I suppose it's probably a wee bit too soon to celebrate. Perhaps Peter will find some miracle way of passing on Claire's healing ability to save her. I hope not, though.

Speaking of the Bennet Family Drama, yowzer! The Buffy vibes were much stronger this week. I wonder if this means Claire Bear is gonna throw in her lot with the Superfriends. Can't wait to see how it all goes down next week!

Hope we haven't seen the last of Claude. He rocks all kinds of awesome.

Random question: Are we meant to gather that Peter now has all the powers of everyone Sylar had "acquired" too?

Yay for finally meeting Hana! I like her! Let's see more, now.

Comment

"paint a pretty picture" hee, I love CE.

Peter flying made me squee and yeah I was incoherant. That was awesome.

I'm glad Simone is gone since she annoyed me, but what about Peter's dream.

I love this show. Stan Lee
          Last edited by Ruined_puzzle; 19 February 2007, 08:00 PM.
          sigpic
          My OTP's LEAP with passion. Weir did it better.

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMaat View Post
            Hope we haven't seen the last of Claude. He rocks all kinds of awesome.

Random question: Are we meant to gather that Peter now has all the powers of everyone Sylar had "acquired" too?
            I totally agree. I too hope we haven't seen the last of Claude. I don't think we have though.

I think we are meant to gather that Peter now has all the powers Sylar had "acquired". Those various powers were part of Sylar when they had their showdown, and Peter absorbs powers. So he just absorbed all of Sylar's. I think Peter will be the only one who can ultimately stop Sylar.
            sigpic
            MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
            "...phu...ah..."
            "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
            Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Peter was pretty badass in this episode, and Sylar was scary obsessive. Now that Ted can control his power he's gonna be a force to contend with, I wonder if he could just fry Sylar. Nice cameo by Stan Lee, although I was kinda hoping he might turn out to be Linderman, or maybe another hero named Feedback or maybe Fat Momma.
              All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing-Edmund Burke

The question which once haunted my being has been answered. The future is not fixed, and my choices are my own... and yet, how ironic! For I now find, I have no choice at all! I am warrior... let the battle be joined.-Dinobot-Code of Hero

Don't blame me, I voted Cthulhu

Comment

well the name of the episode says it all. Now we see Sylar has a weakness his greed caused, now hes like Daredevil.
                Their white flags are no match to our guns!!

Comment

wow .. i knew last ep was setting something (as usual), but i didn't expect 70% of the stuff that happened. really great ep. if i start naming everything i like, i should make transcript

go Heroes
                  VISIT AND JOIN

Comment

After last week's slow burn, things really kicked into overdrive this week.

Woohoo... Peter... you're the man! Finally, we get to see his powers "take flight" as it were. Now, I know what Greg Grunberg meant when he said that Peter is the coolest character on the show. The thing is... for a moment there in Isaac's studio, he was almost scary. Frankly speaking I don't care if Simone lives or dies... she's pretty much an extraneous character... a plot device for one of those obligatory romantic triangles. Still there's Peter's dream...

Re: Peter and Sylar
                    Spoiler:
                    Yup, it looks like a big show down between Peter and Sylar coming up. And it won't be soon enough.

Jack Coleman and young Hayden get acting honours in this episode. The "ordinary" family facade is crumbling. That final moment in the Bennett home was a terrific way to finish.

Originally posted by the fifth man View Post
                    I totally agree. I too hope we haven't seen the last of Claude. I don't think we have though.

I think we are meant to gather that Peter now has all the powers Sylar had "acquired". Those various powers were part of Sylar when they had their showdown, and Peter absorbs powers. So he just absorbed all of Sylar's. I think Peter will be the only one who can ultimately stop Sylar.
                    That would certainly explain that not previously seen "roaring" ability that Peter threw out at Isaac.

As usual, next week can't come fast enough.
                    sigpic
                    "When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth"

Comment

Nice show 9 out of 10. The Hiro story line was a little lack luster but it dose seem to be going some where. Loved just about all of this show, Peter was over the top. I for one am starting to think that Sylar is not the final show down guy of the season but an on going lone wolf bad guy.
                      Doze Out...

I used to eat a lot of natural foods until I learned that most people die of natural causes.

Comment

Originally posted by Doze View Post
                        Nice show 9 out of 10. The Hiro story line was a little lack luster but it dose seem to be going some where. Loved just about all of this show, Peter was over the top. I for one am starting to think that Sylar is not the final show down guy of the season but an on going lone wolf bad guy.
                        did u notice that Hiro turned back time? he didn't just slow it down or stop it ... or moved in space-time, now he reversed time ... seems like his powers are back and kicking
                        VISIT AND JOIN

Comment

Selective manipulation of the timestream. Time ran back for "Hope" but the world ran forward 'cos the cops caught her before she could fire the gun. Could be used quite viciously. Imagine aging someone to death. Or taking 'em back in the other direction.

Dunno if that was what was meant or not. And since Hiro doesn't think he did it, we may not know for a bit.

Comment

Nooooo! I liked Simone
                            Well, this versino of Peter I like. See, I knew hanging out with Claude would do him good! I'm just really, really hoping this isn't the last we've seen of Claude (and CE, brilliant man!)
                            Yup, I guess it's going the "showdown with Sylar" route... let's hope they manage not to do it cheesy.

Speaking of sylar.... why is Mohinder such an idiot? I know he really wnat sot find all the people in the list, but.... well, let's see how many times can Sylar pull this trick before Mohinder gets it. I just hope enough and not have him deciding to get rid of Mohinder before, he's adorable.

Oooh, Claire finally shouting at her dad. About time, too. Her special forces are doing only good to her, first Brodey, now this!

huh?! - at Hiro. What are his abilities developing into, really? And I understand they've had so much going on in this episode, but I'd really wish he'd meet Linderman already!
                            (oy, speaking of no time for certain characters - hooray! No Nikki!)

Oh, and Matt. And Ted. And Matt and Ted - man, that was quite a spin. I like this kind of connectino between characters so much better than the soap-opera "Nathan is your father" bit. Let's hope they'll get some answers now - especially as thenot-mute guy isn' there to block anyone's abilities, so while I doubt they'd all get blown up by Ted, but hopefully Matt would get to read his mind just a tad bit.

Yay! at any rate.
                            Pinky, are you thinking what I'm thinking?
                            Yes, I am!
                            sigpic
                            Improved and unfuzzy banner being the result of more of Caldwell's 2IC sick, yet genuis, mind.
                            Help Pitry win a competition! Listen to Kula Shaker's new single
                            Peter Pan R.I.P

Comment

hahaha stan lee, ledgend

Comment

Working...
                              X