Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Burbank, Baby!!! (Official SG Con, Burbank 2008)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks...I figured they would move it there. I'm glad Jason was in good spirits. Are they going to combine the Stargate, Firefly, and Farscape cons?

Comment

*Sqqqqqqquuuueeeeeeeee* Seriously, David was amazing.....
      *Gigglesqueeeeeee......* Just frelling amazing....
      *deep breath* Okay, I so have stuff to post, but I think I'm going to take a night to bask in the Hewlettness and just chill..... Back to catching up with real life soon....
      Anyone know a way to avoid real life???
      sigpic
      awesome siggie courtesy of jasminaGo

Comment

Originally posted by mamasue9 View Post
        Thanks...I figured they would move it there. I'm glad Jason was in good spirits. Are they going to combine the Stargate, Firefly, and Farscape cons?
        They'll be doing the same thing with the Stargate and Farscape cons as they did with Stargate and Firefly this year, with letting Gold-level patrons for each show go to the other show at general admission.

Firefly will be on a different weekend: November 21-22, 2009, also at the LAX Marriott.
        (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
        Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
          Wow, that was fun!

Jason: I had general admission, so I couldn't see Jason's face all that well, but he looked good. Was wearing the sunglasses to cut down on glare from the lighting and flash photos; apparently, one of his eyes is still inflamed from the injury, though he did say that it should be okay. Whew! And during the Q&A, he was already cracking jokes about using the scars to his advantage to get more roles (and the sympathy of the ladies, haha!). So he was in very good spirits.
          Thankyou so much for the news on Jason!
          sigpic

Comment

Hey everyone this is my first post. I'm Chelle's sister. I have a TON of pictures to post just have to edit a little cause the lighting SUCKEDDDDD. Oh and Jason was a sweetheart, really in great spirit about the whole deal and was highly entertaining. "Girls dig guys with scars right?" He was also naming the scars David gave him. I'll post pics laterrrrr!
            seven girls, one room

Comment

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
              They'll be doing the same thing with the Stargate and Farscape cons as they did with Stargate and Firefly this year, with letting Gold-level patrons for each show go to the other show at general admission.

Firefly will be on a different weekend: November 21-22, 2009, also at the LAX Marriott.
              I have to question the wisdom of that decision. The place was packed with just two Con's going on. I wouldn't want to see how much room there isn't going to be with three events taking place at the same time.

And the LAX Marriott? Ugh. Great for those flying into LAX, sucks for the locals.
              sigpic
              Thanks to Oma-1 for the beautiful banner!

Comment

All of the smile muscles in my face are STILL sore from this afternoon! Rachel was superb, Jason was gorgeous, and THE HEWLETT was AMAZING!!!!

Then all three of them got on stage together.... And it was like The Three Stooges!!!! People kept coming up to the microphones to say, "I know I'm not supposed to come up here and say that I love you, David....." And then Jason and David's reenactment of a mooning incident with Jason as the mooner and David as the moonee, with Rachel cracking up on the sidelines........ BWAHAHAHAHAHAAAAA!!! I HAVE to post that pic now......

I'll try to post one more before bed, but I'm falling over just trying to type right now.......So no promises.

Is it November now? How 'bout NOW?! NOW?!!!?!? I want it NOW!!!

Comment

Chelle,

Great picture!

Um, sorry I never made it back we *FINALLY* got our Autos(only took a couple of hours) and when we were done we headed back over to the QI fully intending to return over there and I ended up passing out just woke up a bit ago. Guess thats what happens when you don't sleep.....

*blushes*

Not sure whats going to happen now, since its after midnight and our plane leaves in a little over 8 hours....
                  Kassandra

I'm a 60%'er
                  sigpic

Comment

It seems that Jason's injuries are not so bad. It's really 140 stitches?
                    Does anyone shoot some pics of his face?

Comment

<mod sninp>

And from lahela
                      http://forum.gateworld.net/showpost....ostcount=67442
                      Last edited by Skydiver; 24 November 2008, 09:15 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Chelle View Post
                        All of the smile muscles in my face are STILL sore from this afternoon! Rachel was superb, Jason was gorgeous, and THE HEWLETT was AMAZING!!!!

Then all three of them got on stage together.... And it was like The Three Stooges!!!! People kept coming up to the microphones to say, "I know I'm not supposed to come up here and say that I love you, David....." And then Jason and David's reenactment of a mooning incident with Jason as the mooner and David as the moonee, with Rachel cracking up on the sidelines........ BWAHAHAHAHAHAAAAA!!! I HAVE to post that pic now......

<mod snip>

I'll try to post one more before bed, but I'm falling over just trying to type right now.......So no promises.
                        [/center]
                        LOVED THE PHOTO!

Originally posted by jjit View Post
                        It seems that Jason's injuries are not so bad. It's really 140 stitches?
                        Does anyone shoot some pics of his face?
                        Serious enough, I would think. Apparently he still requires future surgery - another report at http://wraithfodder.livejournal.com/269976.html

It's probably 140 stitches as they're probably TINY stitches - he had reconstructive surgery to minimize scarring.
                        Last edited by TameFarrar; 24 November 2008, 08:49 AM. Reason: do not repost pictures

Comment

Great photo, Chelle! The expression on David Hewlett's face is priceless!!

OregonJen

Thanks for the VanCon sig, Nathan!

Comment

Good morning all!!!!!!

Now that I've slept and feel somewhat human (fully human would require a large quantity of coffee and some food!), I'm back!

To answer everyone's questions about Jason - From a distance, the injury doesn't LOOK very bad. The injury is visible over his left eye and thru his eyebrow and up onto his forehead a bit..... But let me tell you, he had a VERY VERY VERY GOOD surgeon take care of him. You can hardly see any stitches what so ever on his face. And yes, he did make mention of further surgery, because for a minute there he wasn't sure if he was going to see out of that eye ever again. All I have to say is he is a seriously brave guy to still come here to the con to talk to the couple hundred people that were here, because i don't know if I could have done that myself!!!

I will post more piccies in a little bit here, must shower and pack all of my crap up!

Mackenziesmomma -No worries!!! I wish we all could have had more time to hang andenjoy ourselves too!!! But sleep is such a rare commodity at these cons, I'm glad you got to relax.

mamasue9 - I LOVE FRY'S ELECTRONICS.

michelle renae - It's about damned time you got your arse on here and started posting! Everyone, meet my OTHER little sis, and she's a maniac with a camera too!

Alright, see y'all in a few........
                            Last edited by Chelle; 24 November 2008, 07:21 AM. Reason: Snowflake......Yo, ya skeered me, dawwwg.....

Is it November now? How 'bout NOW?! NOW?!!!?!? I want it NOW!!!

Comment

Originally posted by leiasky View Post
                              I have to question the wisdom of that decision. The place was packed with just two Con's going on. I wouldn't want to see how much room there isn't going to be with three events taking place at the same time.

And the LAX Marriott? Ugh. Great for those flying into LAX, sucks for the locals.
                              I dunno, taking a quick look at the floor plans for the meeting facilities at that location, it appears that they have a lot more room at LAX than in Burbank.
                              (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
                              Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Originally posted by Chelle View Post
                                Good morning all!!!!!!

Now that I've slept and feel somewhat human (fully human would require a large quantity of coffee and some food!), I'm back!

To answer everyone's questions about Jason - From a distance, the injury doesn't LOOK very bad. The injury is visible over his left eye and thru his eyebrow and up onto his forehead a bit..... But let me tell you, he had a VERY VERY VERY GOOD surgeon take care of him. You can hardly see any stitches what so ever on his face. And yes, he did make mention of further surgery, because for a minute there he wasn't sure if he was going to see out of that eye ever again. All I have to say is he is a seriously brave guy to still come here to the con to talk to the couple hundred people that were here, because i don't know if I could have done that myself!!!

I will post more piccies in a little bit here, must shower and pack all of my crap up!

Mackenziesmomma -No worries!!! I wish we all could have had more time to hang andenjoy ourselves too!!! But sleep is such a rare commodity at these cons, I'm glad you got to relax.

mamasue9 - I LOVE FRY'S ELECTRONICS.

michelle renae - It's about damned time you got your arse on here and started posting! Everyone, meet my OTHER little sis, and she's a maniac with a camera too!

Alright, see y'all in a few........
                                Oh, that's good to hear! I was hoping someone who'd gotten to see Jason up close (either at the breakfast, photo op or autograph signing) could give us some better details.

He also mentioned that he'd had to change sunglasses; apparently, one of the cuts was right on the bridge of his nose, and the nose piece on the other pair of glasses was resting right on top of the cut and irritating it. Owwie.

And OMG, the mooning story was made of win! A few more details for those who are curious (yes, I know you all are! ): They had all been out filming on location, Joe Flanigan was driving back in his truck, Jason was zonked out in the back of the cab (Joe must have one of those effin' big trucks!), and so they come up on David driving back in his little Echo. David, of course, doesn't realize that it's Joe and Jason who have come up next to him, and, well, you can just picture the rest.

Comment

Working...
                                X