Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cool ep,it was great.

Comment

Havent read it all but noticed something. In order to dial to other galaxis, shouldnt you have to use 8 chevrons, instead of only 7? Isnt the gate on pegasus?
      sigpic
      - SteamID user since 2005 -- you can add me - visit steam translation server brazil @ Steelbox

Comment

Originally posted by Steelbox View Post
        Havent read it all but noticed something. In order to dial to other galaxis, shouldnt you have to use 8 chevrons, instead of only 7? Isnt the gate on pegasus?
        i was just going to say that

it was a good episode so i would give 4*s out of 10
        get the rep

Comment

Originally posted by Steelbox View Post
          Did I only say seven when Earth was dialing Pegasus...? Oops, I'll fix that.
          Click the banner or episode links to visit the virtual continuations of Stargate!
          Previous Episode: 11x03 "Shore Leave" | Previous Episode: 6x04 "Nightfall" | Now Airing: 3x06 "Eldest"

Comment

Okay, the original post is finally full! So to make more room, I'm going to post the season-long lists on here and link 'em to the front page. Don't be alarmed haha
            Click the banner or episode links to visit the virtual continuations of Stargate!
            Previous Episode: 11x03 "Shore Leave" | Previous Episode: 6x04 "Nightfall" | Now Airing: 3x06 "Eldest"

Comment

Season 12:

12x01 "Requiem, Part 1" (Part 1 of 2)
              12x02 "Requiem, Part 2" (Part 2 of 2)
              12x03 "Starcrossed"
              12x04 "The Fugitive"
              12x05 "Old Friends"
              12x06 "Secrets and Lies"
              12x07 "Collision"
              12x08 "Manifest Destiny"
              12x09 "Resurgence"
              12x10 "The Relic" (Part 1 of 2)
              12x11 "Takeover" (Part 2 of 2)
              12x12 "Occam's Razor" (1/2)
              12x13 "Homefront"
              12x14 "Duo" (1/2)
              12x15 "Call to Arms"
              12x16 "Nightmares"
              12x17 "Mirror, Mirror" (1/2)
              12x18 "My Enemy's Enemy"
              12x19 "Debrief"
              12x20 "Shatterpoint" (Part 1 of 3) (1/2)
              Last edited by s09119; 01 February 2009, 08:16 AM.

Comment

Season 13:

13x01 "Inroads, Part 1" (Part 2 of 3)
                13x02 "Inroads, Part 2" (Part 3 of 3) (1/2)
                13x03 "The Oracle" (1/2)
                13x04 "Routed" (1/2)
                13x05 "Five Stories"
                13x06 "Frontlines" (1/2)
                13x07 "Equilibrium" (1/2)
                13x08 "Behind Enemy Lines" (Part 1 of 2) (1/2)
                13x09 "Friendly Fire" (Part 2 of 2)
                13x10 "Rogues, Part 1" (Part 1 of 2) (1/2)
                13x11 "Rogues, Part 2" (Part 2 of 2) (1/2)
                13x12 "The Emissary" (1/2)
                13x13 "Double Entente" (1/2/3)
                13x14 "A Family Affair" (1/2)
                13x15 "Pandora" (1/2)
                13x16 "Cold War" (1/2/3)
                13x17 "Blue Zone" (1/2/3)
                13x18 "It Takes a Thief" (1/2)
                13x19 "The Time Traveler" (1/2/3)
                13x20 "Xenocide" (Part 1 of 2) (1/2)

Comment

Season 14:

14x01 "Total War" (Part 2 of 2) (1/2)
                  14x02 "Growing Pains" (1/2)
                  14x03 "Resistance" (1/2)
                  14x04 "The Coming Storm" (1/2)
                  14x05 "Conflict of Interests"
                  14x06 "Traitors" (1/2)
                  14x07 "Final Exam" (1/2)
                  14x08 "The Station" (1/2)
                  14x09 "Coventry" (1/2)
                  14x10 "Shadows of the Past" (Part 1 of 2) (1/2)
                  14x11 "Lost and Found" (Part 2 of 2) (1/2/3)
                  14x12 "The First Amendment" (1/2)
                  14x13 "Tet" (1/2/3)
                  14x14 "Kingdom Come" (1/2/3)
                  14x15 "The Higher Planes" (1/2)
                  14x16 "Flight of the Phoenix" (1/2)
                  14x17 "Pandora's Box" (1/2)
                  14x18 "United We Stand" (Part 1 of 2) (1/2)
                  14x19 "Divided We Fall" (Part 2 of 2) (1/2/3)
                  14x20 "Star By Star" (1/2/3/4/5/6/7/8)*

* Feature-length film
                  Last edited by s09119; 18 June 2009, 10:48 AM.

Comment

I have two questions, how was the rescue jumper able to reach the other dimension? And why would Pandora leave a "box" that was guarded by unbeatable guards, and not leave anyone a password?
                    Also two things about your writing, one is that several times you introduce sure fire keys to success against the Der'kal, (The Station anyone?) that either sg-1 destroys, or loses, and then they disappear right off the map. It seems that two or three forty minute episodes dedicated two one object would yield something. Although we might see the box or the station again, I'm kinda disappointed by the conclusions of those arcs. The other thing is that to me your endings seem kind of rushed, liked you want to get them out, or you could just be tired of the episode. However even though I hate the wait, it's worth it for a story that takes a page and half to build, and doesn't come crashing down in the last few paragraphs.
                    But overall its really brilliant writing, and an amazing story. Keep up the good work!!
                    p.s. I am a bit picky and I might be the only one who feels this way.

Comment

Originally posted by Fettucchini View Post
                      I have two questions, how was the rescue jumper able to reach the other dimension? And why would Pandora leave a "box" that was guarded by unbeatable guards, and not leave anyone a password?
                      Also two things about your writing, one is that several times you introduce sure fire keys to success against the Der'kal, (The Station anyone?) that either sg-1 destroys, or loses, and then they disappear right off the map. It seems that two or three forty minute episodes dedicated two one object would yield something. Although we might see the box or the station again, I'm kinda disappointed by the conclusions of those arcs. The other thing is that to me your endings seem kind of rushed, liked you want to get them out, or you could just be tired of the episode. However even though I hate the wait, it's worth it for a story that takes a page and half to build, and doesn't come crashing down in the last few paragraphs.
                      But overall its really brilliant writing, and an amazing story. Keep up the good work!!
                      p.s. I am a bit picky and I might be the only one who feels this way.
                      On the rescue jumper: Carter deactivated Pandora's phase-shift device when they found the control room.

On the guards: The point was to keep any races who weren't advanced enough out of the way. Once you get to the Box itself, she was fairly confident you were the one meant to use it (and for all we know it could've been coded for Ancients and humans only, really).

On "The Station": That arc isn't finished yet...

On this episode: This one was a little rushed at the end, because people here tend to get annoyed when these don't roll out like clockwork. I had some free time so I flew through it to get it out, but everything I wanted to get done is there.

As for the Box itself... come on, if Earth had a weapon like that, the war would be over

Comment

Yea I figured I was just being picky. My point about the guards wasn't that the humans couldn't beat them, but that not even ancient tech could, how advanced did you have to be? Still and makes sense, and now that those questions are answered it will contribute to my overall reading enjoyability. Again Keep up the great work

Comment

Originally posted by Fettucchini View Post
                          Yea I figured I was just being picky. My point about the guards wasn't that the humans couldn't beat them, but that not even ancient tech could, how advanced did you have to be? Still and makes sense, and now that those questions are answered it will contribute to my overall reading enjoyability. Again Keep up the great work
                          Pandora knew how the Ori were, and that there were bound to be races capable of attaining Ancient technology. She designed the drones so that they could defend her outpost from any possible attack, no matter who it came from... even her own people, if the High Council ever found her base.

Comment

Originally posted by s09119 View Post
                            This one was a little rushed at the end, because people here tend to get annoyed when these don't roll out like clockwork.
                            Maybe you should put up a big 'No B1tching' sign. Then you could take your time with your quality work.

Fav Stargate Quotes

Spoiler:
                            Thanks! It'll be a walk in the park ... a very scary park, filled with monsters who are trying to kill me.

I like the yellow ones.

Operation "This Will Most Likely End Badly" is a go.

OH CRAP!!!

You need someone dumber than you are.... You may have come to the right place.

Comment

Why is it called a box?

Shouldn't it be "Pandora's Sphere"?

Comment

Originally posted by Crazy Tom View Post
                                Why is it called a box?

Shouldn't it be "Pandora's Sphere"?
                                o.O

You know, I never even thought of that haha. I suppose the canonical reason would be that it's a container for a weapon of devastating power... container = box?

Comment

Working...
                                X