The New "Ark of Truth"!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by s09119 View Post
    I don't recall saying they were all dead... And as you'll recall, Adria's hall was not the same place where the Ori typically resided.

God, so quick to jump to conclusions...
    as being a pesimist...
    Stolen Kosovo
    sigpic

Comment

they were all dead in the movie. now is that replicator going to attack ori motherships. Please

Comment

Perhaps the weapon weakened them and now Adria has stolen their power? Hence the 'muted flames'?
        sigpic

The New GateWorld Virtual Fleet Database

Comment

Stargate: The Ark of Truth
          Act XI
          Spoiler:
          CUT TO: INT - ODYSSEY, ASGARD CORE ROOM

[CARTER is running down the CORRIDOR into the ASGARD CORE ROOM. MARRICK is no longer here, presumably taken elsewhere.]

CARTER:
          (to radio)
          Alright, I'm here...

[She turns around for a moment and looks out the window at an ORI MOTHERSHIP taking up firing position, then focuses on the CORE and powers it up.]

CARTER:
          (to radio)
          Bringing up the time dilation subroutine...

CUT TO: INT - ODYSSEY, BRIDGE

[COLONEL MITCHELL enters the BRIDGE and takes his seat, staring out at the ORI MOTHERSHIP preparing to fire.]

MITCHELL:
          (to radio)
          Roger that, but I don't wanna spend 50 years with ya'll again...
          (to MARKS)
          Open a channel to the enemy fleet.

[MARKS taps a few buttons on his console.]

MARKS:
          (to MITCHELL)
          Connection established, sir. Go ahead.

MITCHELL:
          (to radio)
          This is Lt. Col. Cameron Mitchell of the USS Odyssey. We're willing to...
          (Thinking)
          Erm... willing to discuss the surrender of Earth.

[Everyone on the BRIDGE freezes and stares at MITCHELL, stunned.]

MITCHELL:
          (to CREW)
          Stalling, remember?
          (to radio)
          I have authorization to negotiate an end to hostilites between the Ori and my people. Are you willing to open talks?

[There's a beat. No response.]

MITCHELL:
          (to radio)
          Sam, I think I've stumped them for now, but sooner or later I'll either have to give 'em Earth or fight. And neither option sounds particularly appealing.

CARTER:
          (over radio)
          Understood. Marrick's file messed with the core's main programming, though. It could take some time.

MITCHELL:
          (to radio)
          Just hurry, Sam.

CUT TO: INT - CELESTIS, ORI HALL

[ADRIA moves toward VALA, looking her over.]

ADRIA:
          (Calmly)
          Good to see you, Mother.
          (Slight anger)
          Or should I call you Vala? I believe you renounced our blood relation last time I saw you.

[She begins to circle VALA and the ARK repeatedly as she walks and talks, flashing in and out as she does so with a burst of flames. VALA turns in her place to keep her back to ADRIA.]

VALA:
          (Tiredly)
          Seems you have no blood left to speak of.

[ADRIA laughs, but there doesn't seem to be any real emotion in it, as if it's hollow.]

ADRIA:
          (More seriously)
          You'll be somewhat satisfied to know that the Alterans' weapon did work, to an extent. The Ori were largely destroyed.
          (Coldly)
          Some managed to escape the weapons' radius, but their powers have been severely limited. As such...
          (Proudly)
          As such, I have been given complete control of our forces, and of the crusade. When I'm finished, I will be remembered as the greatest of the gods!

VALA:
          (Surprised)
          So even now that you've ascended, you still believe they're gods?

[Pausing, ADRIA turns to face her mother.]

ADRIA:
          (Inquisitive)
          You thought otherwise? They gave me life, mother, I am nothing more than an instrument of their will.
          (Beat)
          The fact that your weapon was able to kill them proves little; it was constructed by rival beings of equal power, virtual gods themselves.

VALA:
          You don't seem too cut up about it.

[ADRIA resumes her pacing.]

ADRIA:
          (Smiling)
          No, not really.
          (Explaining)
          The energy transferred to the Ori by their human followers used to be spread out among many. Now that I have ascended, and been given the blessing of the others, I get it all.

VALA:
          (Indignant)
          So you've become just as egomaniacal as the Ori themselves.

[Suddenly, ADRIA whirls on VALA , sending her stumbling backwards with a telekinetic shove.]

ADRIA:
          (Andry)
          The Ori created us all! They blessed even your kind with knowledge and life, yet you would side with the evil ones against them!

VALA:
          (Calmly)
          Adria, the Alterans aren't evil. This Ark you've uncovered, it was designed to brainwash people into seeing the truth, but they decided it was too much a violation of free will to use it.
          (Beat)
          Does that sound evil to you?

ADRIA:
          (Ignoring her)
          I serve the Ori, mother. And now that I've found their Ark, I believe this crusade will end quickly. It will be so much more humane.
          (Laughing)
          Though not as much fun.

VALA:
          (Confused)
          What are you talking about?

ADRIA:
          (Smiling)
          With the Ark at my disposal, I can force your galaxy to bow before me. Think of it, mother, billions upon billions cheering my name!
          (Beat)
          And when at last your galaxy has seen the light of the Ori, we shall vanquish the Alterans once and for all, freeing your people from their dark grasp.

[VALA turns away, looking horrified.]

VALA:
          (Disgusted)
          You're a monster.

[Suddenly, ADRIA appears right in front of VALA, with an accompanying burst of flames. She smiles viciously.]

ADRIA:
          (Smiling)
          Yes, I am.

CUT TO: INT - CELESTIS, TEAL'C'S CELL

[TEAL'C sits in his cell, completely ignoring the PRIOR attempting to torture him. He seems to be in KEL'NOR'EEM meditation.]

PAN TO: INT - CELESTIS, DANIEL'S CELL

[Some ways away, DANIEL lies in his cell, his eyes closed. His face is bruised, but otherwise he looks alright despite the torture. Then, a familiar voice can be heard:]

MERLIN:
          (Offscreen)
          It's not over.

[DANIEL opens his eyes and looks up wearly at MERLIN, sitting nearby in the glowing form of an ascended.]

MERLIN:
          (Softly)
          Don't give up, never give in.

DANIEL:
          (Weakly)
          You're not Merlin.

MERLIN:
          (Ignoring the statement)
          I'm here to help.

[At that, DANIEL laughs bitterly, coughing slightly.]

DANIEL:
          (Pleadingly)
          Then help me!

MERLIN:
          (Shaking his head)
          You must find the strength within yourself.

[DANIEL rolls onto his back with a groan. As he does, part of the tattered ORI SOLDIER clothing he was wearing falls from his shoulders.]

DANIEL:
          (Slowly)
          No.

[He starts to sit up, wincing at the pain.]

DANIEL:
          (Stronger)
          No. No, I've had it. And I'm not really in the mood for games right now.
          (to MERLIN)
          You're not a figment of my imagination, and you're not Merlin.
          (Beat)
          You're either Oma or Morgan Le Fay. And considering the former's somewhat preoccupied...

MERLIN:
          (Smiling)
          You're delerious. You've been tortured for hours.

DANIEL:
          (Surer of himself)
          Merlin died, he didn't ascend. His consciousness left me. It's--it's gone.
          (Beat)
          The Ancients must be able to see through your disguise. I know I can, I just don't know why you think it's necessary.

[The figure of MERLIN glows and changes to MORGAN LE FAY, who smiles sadly back at DANIEL.]

MORGAN:
          (Sadly)
          You were once ascended. You know how complicated it can be.

[DANIEL shakes his head, a lone tear running down his face.]

MORGAN:
          Interfering with the lower planes is not allowed...

DANIEL:
          (Still crying quietly)
          Yeah, I know. I did it myself more than once.
          (Continuing for her)
          Helping me is forbidden, and letting me know you're helping me, well, that's... worse.

MORGAN:
          (Calmly)
          I did it once and they stopped me. I was exiled for it.
          (Beat)
          As were you.

[DANIEL faces her again, looking determined.]

DANIEL:
          (Intrigued)
          And yet here you are.

MORGAN:
          (Smiling)
          The Others could not bring themselves to compromise their oldest beliefs, even to save ones they loved as much as you and your companions...
          (Beat)
          But I am no longer one of them. I was exiled.

[DANIEL suddenly looks up, the shock of recognition on his face.]

DANIEL:
          (Understanding)
          So they sent you to do what they can't.

[MORGAN nods.]

DANIEL:
          You? The one who for years they used to stop Merlin from developing a way to fight the Ori?

MORGAN:
          (Sighing)
          We were wrong, Daniel.
          (Looking away)
          It's not something we like to admit, but when we are, we do not shy from it. Moros... Merlin... was right from the start; the Ori are never going to stop until every being in the known universe has bowed before them.
          (Looking back)
          And that was something they could not stand for. So they allowed me to do what I could, to redeem my people for our years of neglect. We allowed the Ori to grow as powerful as we did, and it was our fear of becoming what they themselves had that laid this problem at your peoples' feet.

[Footsteps approach.]

MORGAN:
          (Hurriedly)
          I must go. I am using all my power to distract Adria from my presence, but I cannot do this forever.

DANIEL:
          (Pained)
          There must be something more you can do!

MORGAN:
          (Smiling sadly)
          I've guided you all this way, Daniel, whether you know it or not. The rest is up to you.

[MORGAN disappears before DANIEL's eyes as the footsteps grow louder. Suddenly, the CELL DOOR clicks and swings open.]

MORGAN:
          (Unseen)
          Now go.

[DANIEL grins and picks himself up, hobbling out of the CELL, trying to hurry to avoid whoever's coming.]
          Last edited by s09119; 15 January 2011, 05:35 PM.
          Click the banner or episode links to visit the virtual continuations of Stargate!
          Previous Episode: 11x03 "Shore Leave" | Previous Episode: 6x04 "Nightfall" | Now Airing: 3x06 "Eldest"

Comment

Act XII
            Spoiler:

[ADRIA and VALA continue to argue. The debate has grown more heated, with ADRIA's last shreds of humanity seeming to slip away.]

VALA:
            (Continuing, desperately)
            We're talking about billions of people!

[Obviously they've been arguing this point for some time now, as ADRIA seems to be tiredly repeating the same thing.]

ADRIA:
            (Wearliy)
            The Ori have a grand plan for your race, mother. You will stand at our right hand after the Alterans have finally been vanquished.
            (Beat)
            It is a great honor, why can't you see that?

VALA:
            (Angrily)
            Because!

[VALA turns on her daughter, real anger in her eyes for once. Even ADRIA is somewhat taken aback.]

VALA:
            (Angry)
            The Ori have murdered hundreds of thousands of humans in their crusade... you, personally, have probably killed more people than I've ever met!
            (Accusingly)
            You say that the Ori only have the best of intentions, that they want to liberate us from the clutches of the Alterans... but you can't even begin to comprehend them! They've spent millions of years trying to make a difference in the universe, trying to undo the mistake they made so, so long ago!

ADRIA:
            (Smirking)
            What, not allowing us to simply exterminate them when we had the opportunity?

VALA:
            (Coldly)
            I'm afraid you have it backwards, Adria; for not exterminating the Ori when they had the chance, and the means, and the collective will.
            (Beat)
            They could have done it, you know. Activated the Ark and wiped your minds clean. Or constructed some weapon of mass destruction to annhiliate your every city. But they didn't.

ADRIA:
            (Uncertainly)
            Out of fear!

VALA:
            (Cutting her off)
            No!
            (Beat)
            Out of love. The Alterans so loved their brothers that even when they had the chance to save themselves, they could not commit the crime of robbing you of your right to believe.

[ADRIA grows quiet now, watching, her faith in the ORI perhaps wavering for the first time.]

VALA:
            (Quietly)
            When you say you came to the Milky Way as liberators, you don't know how hollow your words truly sound. The Alterans spared the Ori because they believed that all life is sacred...
            (Beat)
            But you would utterly destroy them for the simple fact that where you failed, they succeeded; every civilization in three galaxies looks upon them with reverance and love, whereas the Ori can rally only fear and loathing. And the Alterans never needed armies or fleets to inspire that love, it simply came.
            (Beat)
            And that, Adria, is something you could never hope to understand.

[Standing completely still, ADRIA looks at her mother, mouth half open, unable to think of anything to say. For a long moment, the two stare at one another, and the flames around ADRIA's body slowly begin to fade. It looks as though VALA may have finally broken through to her... but then the flames roar back to life, and ADRIA's head snaps upwards, as though she is looking at something.]

ADRIA:
            (Absently)
            The Ori are calling for me... my attention is needed elsewhere.

[Without another word, her body turns into FLAMES that spring to the symbol of ORIGIN on the wall, and ADRIA disappears. VALA sighs, putting her head and hands on the ARK and wondering what to do now.]

CUT TO: INT - SGC, CONTROL ROOM

[An ALARM is blaring in the depths of STARGATE COMMAND as LANDRY rushes down the steps into the CONTROL ROOM. HARRIMAN is working the control console, looking worried.]

LANDRY:
            (to HARRIMAN)
            Walter? What's going on?

HARRIMAN:
            (Absently)
            Long-range sensors just triggered, sir, we're trying to get SatCom to verify what they're picking up.

[A look of dread comes over LANDRY's face.]

LANDRY:
            (Slowly)
            They're here, aren't they?

HARRIMAN:
            (Off display)
            Yes sir, we're detecting over a dozen Ori motherships on approach past Mars. They must have been anticipating advance defenses, but we don't have any...

LANDRY:
            (Thinking)
            At least it bought us a little time. How long until they get within visual range of our ships?

HARRIMAN:
            Estimate about an hour, sir.
            (Beat)
            Sir, the Deadalus just left for Atlantis. All we have here at home is the Apollo, and it's just come off the assembly line.

[LANDRY turns back toward the staircase, to head upstairs again.]

LANDRY:
            (to HARRIMAN)
            It's all we've got, Walter. If the Ori want to dance, let 'em come.
            (Beat)
            We'll show them the time of their lives...

CUT TO: EXT - SPACE

[The ODYSSEY is still surrounded by ORI MOTHERSHIPS, but they haven't fired yet. The PRIORS are probably considering MITCHELL's offer of surrender.]

[MITCHELL has his head in his hands, deep in thought, when his radio suddenly buzzes. He quickly grabs it off his vest.]

MITCHELL:
            (to radio)
            Sam, for the love of God, tell me you're done.

[CARTER wipes sweat from her forehead, frantically typing at the ASGARD CORE.]

CARTER:
            (to radio)
            Yeah, funny story...

MITCHELL:
            (over radio)
            Carter...

CARTER:
            (to radio)
            This isn't gonna work, Cam.

[MITCHELL rolls his eyes.]

MITCHELL
            (Sighing)
            Why not?

CARTER:
            (over radio)
            Activating a time dilation field emits a fairly large burst of energy... if I tell the core to go ahead and set up the bubble, the Ori would see the power spike and fire, assuming we were firing up our engines or something.
            (Beat)
            I just don't see a way to pull it off.

MITCHELL
            (over radio)
            Why didn't they pick this up the last time we did this trick?

CARTER:
            (to radio)
            We were in the middle of a fight, then. There was a constant energy surge due to weaponsfire. But now...
            (Beat)
            They'd have enough time to hit us one or two times apiece, and considering there are half a dozen ships out there, it would add up too fast.

MITCHELL:
            (over radio)
            Well, I don't think we have much--

[Suddenly, MARKS looks at MITCHELL, a grim look on his face.]

MARKS:
            (Interrupting)
            Colonel, the Ori are powering weapons.
            (Beat)
            I guess they've decided not to open communications.

MITCHELL:
            (Sighing)
            Great...

CUT TO: INT - CELESTIS, TEAL'C'S CELL

[The PRIOR has left TEAL'C, but the JAFFA WARRIOR remains in meditation. There's a shuffling of feet behind him, and it seems the PRIOR has returned... but then DANIEL appears, looking around carefully.]

DANIEL:
            (Hissing, to TEAL'C)
            Hey... buddy...
            (Beat)
            Teal'c!

[TEAL'C opens one eye, then turns around and sizes up DANIEL.]

TEAL'C:
            (Appraisingly)
            Daniel Jackson, you have escaped.
            (Smiling)
            Most impressive.

DANIEL:
            (Popping the lock)
            Yeah, tell me about it
            (Quickly)
            Actually, don't. We need to grab Tomin and figure out where Vala is...

TEAL'C:
            (Concerned)
            Has something happened to Vala Mal Doran?

DANIEL:
            (Absently)
            I don't know, and frankly that's what worries me...
            (Shaking his head)
            Come on.

[TEAL'C bows his head in thanks, then rises. Together, he and DANIEL rush from the CELL.]

[VALA is reading the ANCIENT SCRIPT on the ARK, trying to make heads-or-tails of it.]

VALA:
            (Reading)
            God, I wish I'd gotten Daniel to teach me some of this...

[DANIEL, TEAL'C, and TOMIN appear in the doorway, looking harried. VALA continues reading, not noticing them. After a moment, TOMIN rushes up to her and spins her around, embracing his wife.]

TOMIN:
            (Happy)
            By the gods, it's good to see you again!

VALA:
            (Awkwardly)
            And by the gods... good to see you gents, too.
            (to DANIEL)
            Should we really be saying "gods" in here when we're all heretics?

DANIEL:
            (Shrugging)
            The Ori are planning on burning us all for eternity anyways, might as well spice it up a bit.
            (re: the ARK)
            Any luck getting it open?

VALA:
            (Shocked)
            This from Mister "we don't know what it could do"?

DANIEL:
            (Smiling)
            Sometimes even the best of us can be wrong.

[VALA and DANIEL both pause for a moment, considering their individual conversations; VALA shouting at ADRIA that the ORI were wrong to oppress others, and that the ALTERANS should have destroyed them when they had the chance, and DANIEL listening as MORGAN sadly explained that the ALTERANS blame themselves for the mistake of letting the ORI go.]
            Last edited by s09119; 02 February 2011, 08:41 PM.
            Click the banner or episode links to visit the virtual continuations of Stargate!
            Previous Episode: 11x03 "Shore Leave" | Previous Episode: 6x04 "Nightfall" | Now Airing: 3x06 "Eldest"

Comment

This is really taking a different direction from the actual film.

Impressive working of the scenes.

Comment

Originally posted by ussrelativity View Post
                and it's much more better than that awful movie
                Stolen Kosovo
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ussrelativity View Post

Impressive working of the scenes.
                  Thanks. I really wanted to flesh out Daniel and Vala's conversations, and especially play on Adria's humanity, as it was something I thought was a lost opportunity for the movie.

Oh, and in case anyone's wondering, I'm in New York until Tuesday, that's why I haven't been writing anything new. Sorry about the wait.
                  Last edited by s09119; 15 January 2011, 05:46 PM.

Comment

More please
                    sigpic
                    The Edge of the Night; contains love from the heart and soul, outpouring love to one and love one country.

Comment

* falls on his knees and begs for more, while dying of curiosity*

Comment

Act VIII
                        Spoiler:
                        [DANIEL goes over to the ARK and brushes his fingertips along its edge, as if taking a moment to revel. VALA rolls her eyes impatiently.]

VALA:
                        (Annoyed, to DANIEL)
                        Daniel, not to be rude... but the fate of two galaxies is hanging in the balance.

[Blinking, DANIEL looks at her.]

DANIEL:
                        (Nodding)
                        Right.
                        (to TEAL'C and TOMIN)
                        You two watch the doorway. I'll see if I can decipher just how to get this thing up and running...

[He and VALA set to work fiddling with the control mechanisms of the ARK, while TEAL'C and TOMIN stand by the door, looking down the HALLWAY.]

PAN TO: EXT - CELESTIS, DAWN

[The camera pulls through the walls of the HALL, out into the morning sky. The shimmering CITY OF CELESTIS is revealed once more, glinting in the weak sunlight. The camera keeps pulling out, through layers of clouds, into orbit, where three ORI MOTHERSHIPS still wait. But the retreat continues, out of the solar system, then the GALAXY, and then the LOCAL GROUP. A cluster of GALAXIES can be seen; IDA, PEGASUS, the MILKY WAY, and the ORI HOME GALAXY. At last, the screen is obscured by some shimmering aurora-like light, and then the scene changes completely.]

CUT TO: EXT - HIGHER PLANES OF EXISTENCE

[An endless expanse of WHITE stretches into infinity. Landscapes continuously flash in and out, and the surfaces of almost every world visted by SG-1 is seen. Standing in this strange place is MORGAN LA FAY, surrounded by thousands, perhaps millions, of other ASCENDED BEINGS.]

MORGAN:
                        (to ASCENDED)
                        At last, the moment has come.

[The ASCENDED mutter amongst themselves, but MORGAN seems undisturbed.]

MORGAN:
                        (Loudly)
                        For millions of years, we strived to build the perfect tomorrow, a universe in which no darkness could ever hope to outlive the shining brilliance of our kind.
                        (Beat)
                        In that grand quest, we failed.

[Suddenly, the muttering in the CROWD turns to anger. One ASCENDED suddenly flashes into existence besides MORGAN. This one appears human, probably ALTERAN.]

ASCENDED 1:
                        (Angry, to MORGAN)
                        Who are you to say such things? You lived at the twilight of our age, you saw nothing of the unending empire we crafted so delicately!

MORGAN:
                        (Coldly)
                        What empire?
                        (Louder)
                        He speaks of a time that never existed at all, surely you can see that now. Our people stumbled from defeat to defeat, never looking at our mistakes. We believed that our vast knowledge could triumph over all else, and we were fools! We paid the price for our hubris, surely!
                        (Beat)
                        The humans of Earth have a saying... that "those who do not read history are doomed to repeat it."
                        (to ASCENDED 1)
                        We became trapped in a cycle of loss, and yet we say that our people are wiser than theirs?

[Another ASCENDED flashes nearby, glancing coldly at ASCENDED 1.]

ASCENDED 2:
                        (to MORGAN)
                        The humans are nothing compared to ourselves. They have come a long way, true, but they have much to learn before they can be--

[MORGAN whirls on him, cutting him off.]

MORGAN:
                        (Angrily)
                        What have they to learn that we do not?
                        (Looking at ASCENDED)
                        Patience? How patient were we when we rashly sent an armada to confront the Wraith upon our discovery of them? Honor? How honorable were we when we fled the Ori, leaving their horrors for others to face?

[Some now look ashamed upon hearing MORGAN's words. One, however, moves to speak up, but cannot say a thing before MORGAN begins again.]

MORGAN:
                        (Continuing)
                        And then there is courage. The one virtue we seem to lack, and the one humanity was so blessed with. Instead of fighting our foes with valor and dignity, we simply dismissed the issue at hand and left!
                        (Passionately)
                        But the humans... look at them. For ten years, they fought enemies far more cunning and ruthless than themselves, yet even when all hope seemed lost, they turned back to battle again and again, until there was no longer anything they could do.

[The screen FLASHES, and suddenly images of the CARTER and MITCHELL on the ODYSSEY and TEAL'C, TOMIN, VALA, and DANIEL on CELESTIS appear.]

MORGAN:
                        (Continuing, offscreen)
                        Even now, they continue. They fight our battles for us while we sit here in safety pondering their fate, as if you would ever lift a finger to help them!
                        (Beat)
                        But that age has come to an end, I've decided that. From this day forth, my people will again by known as ones of honor. Today marks the end of the age of the Alterans...
                        (Quietly)
                        ...and the birth of the age of humanity.

[The screen shimmers, and MORGAN can again be seen standing before the ASCENDED, nearly all of which are now watching quietly.]

MORGAN:
                        (Softly)
                        And a beautiful age it shall be.

[CARTER is typing at the CONSOLE of the ASGARD CORE.]

MITCHELL:
                        (Frightened, over radio)
                        Sam!

[CARTER looks out the window just in time to see a bright yellow BEAM coming toward her from the nearest ORI MOTHERSHIP.]

CARTER:
                        (Flustered, to radio)
                        Activating time dilation bubble!

[The CORE lights up for a moment, and a whirring noise is heard...]

[All the ORI MOTHERSHIPS fire at once, slamming half a dozen BEAM WEAPONS into the ODYSSEY's shields.]

[The BRIDGE is thrown into chaos as CONSOLES spark. MARKS bolts out of his seat as a small electrical fire erupts there, and MITCHELL is almost knocked from the command chair.]

MITCHELL:
                        (to radio)
                        Carter, they're preparing to fire again. What the Hell's going on!?

[The CORE is no longer lit up, indicating it is offline. CARTER is picking herself up off the floor, then freezes as another salvo slams into the ODYSSEY's shields from the ORI FLEET.]

CARTER:
                        (to radio)
                        The first blasts overloaded the core, Cam. I'm locked out of the system...
                        (Quietly)
                        There's nothing more I can do.

[MITCHELL sits in silence, absorbing what CARTER has just told him. Then he turns to MARKS, who is putting out the fire on his CONSOLE and sitting back down.]

MITCHELL:
                        (to MARKS, urgently)
                        Major, please, for the love of God, tell me the hyperdrive's back online.

[MARKS taps a button on his display, then grimaces.]

MARKS:
                        (to MITCHELL)
                        I can't tell, sir.

[He pauses as the ORI fire again, rocking the entire ship.]

MARKS:
                        (Frustrated)
                        Internal sensors are offline, I can't get a reading. All I've got are diagnostics on the sublights.

MITCHELL:
                        (Anxious)
                        And?

MARKS:
                        (Off his displays)
                        They're good, sir.
                        (Beat)
                        Shields are at fourty-six percent and dropping.

MITCHELL:
                        (Waving)
                        Then get us moving, Marks!

[As the ORI FLEET fires again, the ODYSSEY spins upward and pulls away, narrowly avoiding the latest attack. It dives between two of the MOTHERSHIPS and heads away, but the six vessels turn and persue, launching FIGHTERS as they do.]

CUT TO: EXT - SPACE, EARTH ORBIT

[The DSC-304 APOLLO is in orbit around EARTH, sitting alone and waiting for the incoming ORI FLEET to arrive.]

CUT TO: INT - APOLLO, BRIDGE

[On this ship's BRIDGE, COL. ABRAHAM ELLIS sits in the command chair, watching a video feed from STARGATE COMMAND. GENERAL LANDRY is on the screen.]

ELLIS:
                        (to radio)
                        Sir, we don't have the fancy upgrades the Asgard installed on the Odyssey. Two hits from the Ori's main weapon and this ship'll be nothing but space junk.
                        (Beat)
                        I'm not too confident about us being all that stands between them and Earth, honestly.

LANDRY:
                        (over radio)
                        Neither am I, Colonel. But the Daedalus is just too far out to make it back in time, and the Odyssey itself... well, you know.

[ELLIS nods. He knows how important the mission is.]

ELLIS:
                        (to radio)
                        Speaking of which, sir, do we know the status of SG-1?

LANDRY:
                        (over radio)
                        I wish. They've been out of contact ever since Bra'tac confirmed that his fleet arrived at the Supergate. Chances are they're well inside the Ori galaxy by now.
                        (Beat)
                        I only hope they're not too late for it to matter.
                        Last edited by s09119; 15 January 2011, 06:00 PM.

Comment

Very cool...so Morgan fixed the sublights?
                          sigpic

Comment

Very nice.

I liked especially the parts with Morgan and the rest of the Ascended.

Comment

Act XIV
                              Spoiler:

[DANIEL and VALA continue to get the ARK working, but it seems to be slow going.]

VALA:
                              (Thinking)
                              Maybe it needs some sort of code? Like a combination lock?

[Pausing, DANIEL looks at the control interface; a circle of white buttons, each with a different letter of the ANCIENT ALPHABET.]

DANIEL:
                              (Nodding)
                              That sounds right... but what's the code?

[Suddenly, TOMIN turns around, looking concerned.]

TOMIN:
                              (Worried, to DANIEL)
                              I think I hear something...

[DANIEL turns to face TOMIN, as if to say something, but VALA only stares at the ARK... which has suddenly changed. Seven buttons are glowing brightly, but as soon as DANIEL turns back, they darken.]

VALA:
                              (Excited)
                              Daniel! Daniel, look!

[DANIEL looks at the ARK, but sees nothing.]

DANIEL:
                              (Annoyed)
                              Vala, we're probably about to be surrounded by Ori troops... not the best time for jokes!

VALA:
                              (Excited)
                              Look, seven of those symbols were glowing just a moment ago.
                              (Beat)
                              Tomin called out to you, you turned around... and suddenly the Ark lit up. But as soon as you came back, they faded.

DANIEL:
                              (Quietly, to himself)
                              Morgan...
                              (to VALA)
                              Which symbols?

[VALA is startled.]

VALA:
                              (Surprised)
                              You don't really expect me to remember, do you? All of them look the same!

[She gestures at the ARK's control panel.]

DANIEL:
                              (Urgently)
                              This close to ending the Ori's crusade, yes, I expect you to remember the essential clue given to you by a powerful Ascended being!

VALA:
                              They weren't glowing for that long--

DANIEL:
                              (Interrupting)
                              Which ones?!

[VALA waves her hand over the ARK, pointing to different areas.]

VALA:
                              (Gesturing)
                              Uh, one here, two here, two here, and two there.

DANIEL:
                              (Frustrated)
                              Did they come in any order?

VALA:
                              (Shaking her head)
                              No, all at once.

DANIEL:
                              (Sarcastic)
                              Of course...

[TEAL'C and TOMIN pull away from the door, looking worried.]

TEAL'C:
                              (Urgently)
                              Daniel Jackson, someone is approaching. We are out of time!

[Now footsteps can be heard echoing down the HALLWAY.]

[DANIEL moves around to the long edge of the ARK, near VALA, opposite from the side nearest to the doorway. They hurriedly try and figure out the code.]

DANIEL:
                              (Rushed)
                              Uh, okay, seven symbols.

VALA:
                              (Rushed)
                              Just... make a guess.

DANIEL:
                              (Thinking)
                              Verimas is, uh, "truth" in Ancient.

VALA:
                              (Nodding)
                              Good!

[DANIEL begins to touch the symbols spelling out the word. They light up as he touches them.]

VALA:
                              (Gesturing)
                              Two there...

[He finishes typing out VERIMAS but nothing happens. The symbols fade again.]

VALA:
                              (Disappointed)
                              I guess not.

[TOMIN looks at the doorway and sees it is the DOCI who is arriving, walking slowly through. DANIEL and VALA look at him in alarm as TEAL'C rushes him, as if to strike. The DOCI merely throws the JAFFA across the room telekinetically, then does the same to TOMIN. He stares at the ARK, DANIEL and VALA with interest.]

[The ODYSSEY continues to fly away from the ORI FLEET, which is hot in pursuit. As they fire on the EARTH ship, it shifts from left to right, barely managing to avoid most of the blasts. But finally, one slams directly into the rear shields.]

[The BRIDGE shakes violently and sparks can be seen.]

MARKS:
                              (Shouting)
                              Shields down to eighteen percent!

[CARTER rushes in from the HALLWAY outside, resting her hands on MITCHELL's chair.]

CARTER:
                              (to MITCHELL)
                              I'm sorry, I did everything I could...

MITCHELL:
                              (Nodding)
                              It's alright, Sam. But if this is how it's gonna end, we might as well put on a good show...

[He chokes on the last few words, fear finally showing through all the bravado.]

MITCHELL:
                              (to MARKS)
                              Marks, come about!

[The ODYSSEY suddenly pulls upward, reminiscent of the maneuver it pulled during "Unending," and flies back towards the ORI FLEET.]

MITCHELL:
                              (Gritting teeth)
                              Here we come...

CUT TO: EXT - SPACE, MOON

[EARTH can be seen in the distance, but in the forefront is its MOON. Suddenly, an ORI MOTHERSHIP cruises past... then another, and another, and another, and another... they continue to approach.]

CUT TO: INT - STARGATE COMMAND, CONTROL ROOM

[The CONTROL ROOM is full of activity, with AIRMEN running to and fro. Even so, LANDRY and HARRIMAN still still as stones, watching a monitor showing the relative positions of the APOLLO and the ORI FLEET.]

HARRIMAN:
                              (Weakly)
                              They'll be within firing range of the Apollo in fifty-nine seconds, sir...
                              (Beat)
                              Antarctic outpost is primed and ready.

[There's a long beat as LANDRY just watches the screen. He clearly wishes there was some other way.]

LANDRY:
                              (Quietly)
                              The President's about to hold a press conference telling the American people not to worry, that should anything happen, we fought the good fight to the bitter end...
                              (Bitter laughter)
                              We did good, Walter... we did damn good.

HARRIMAN:
                              (Smiling)
                              Yes, sir.

[They go back to watching the monitors, waiting for the end to come.]

[The ORIGIN symbol at the front of the room alights with FIRE again. The DOCI goes immediately to one knee and lowers his head. DANIEL and VALA turn to see ADRIA take solid form as TOMIN regains consciousness and sits up painfully. TEAL'C, who landed just next to the ARK, also sits up.]

ADRIA:
                              (to VALA)
                              It is done. Even now, your world faces the might of the Ori.
                              (With forced vigor)
                              The power and glory of Origin cannot be denied!

[Even as she speaks, though, the self-doubt planted by VALA earlier is clearly still there. ADRIA's tone is no longer that of a self-indulgent goddess, but one of a confused young girl forced into a role she still doesn't quite understand.]

DANIEL:
                              (to himself)
                              Could it...?

[Her words give DANIEL an idea. He shoots VALA a look and diverts his eyes away, trying to nonverbally signal her to distract ADRIA. VALA squints for a moment but understands, turning to her daughter.]

VALA:
                              (to ADRIA)
                              So this is how it's going to end?

ADRIA:
                              You should rejoice, mother. The crusade is almost over; with Earth under our control, none can stand against us.

[TEAL'C sees what DANIEL is doing and inches closer to the ARK as the latter begins pushing buttons on the device.]

VALA:
                              (Sadly)
                              So what are you going to do, Adria? I'm never going to accept the Ori into my heart.

[ADRIA looks at her mother with renewed interest, no doubt remembering their earlier conversation.]

VALA:
                              (Softly)
                              But perhaps I can free yours.

[TEAL'C pulls back his left leg as DANIEL enters the last of the seven symbols. Suddenly, ADRIA notices him and telekinetically hurls DANIEL across the room, into a wall. But it's too late, and TEAL'C kicks through the slim leg of the wooden table holding the ARK. VALA moves out of the way as the ARK falls toward ADRIA's platform. DANIEL looks on in amazement as its lid falls open, revealing its contents and emitting a beam of intense white light that engulfs half of ADRIA's body.]
                              Last edited by s09119; 08 February 2011, 07:59 PM.

Comment

Hey...that's new. Good idea! Great in fact!
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X