Continuing Stargate

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Lt.Colonel John Sheppard View Post
    why isnt general landry or teal'c part of the cast this year (Season 14)?
    Teal'c is running the Jaffa nation and Landry was relieved when Talbot was brought in.

Comment

Awesome episode! Great work! (and to be honest guys, I already was picturing the 305 as the Aurora )

And Alpha Red? And Kinsey's back!!!! Do we get closure?
      sigpic

The New GateWorld Virtual Fleet Database

Comment

WOW
        That was brilliant, the best ep i have read so far.
        Now I am really looking forward to the Season Finale
        Keep up the good work!
        SG-1:

SGA:

Comment

Originally posted by jonos101 View Post
          Great ep, one of your best. but i dont really like the 305, i keep thinking of it as a death star type of thing. i think you should have used the 305 from Avalon, just have to change the name
          It is, more or less, the 305 from the Avalon series; just a large battleship with more weapons than anything else we've ever built. The name "Mobile Battle Platform" can be thought of as "Moving Ship of Doom," not really a giant space station with wings.

I haven't decided yet, mainly because the model is RJB's, but I may use the same model here. After all, it really is a tremendously-cool ship, and it certainly fits whatever I can think of when I picture an alien-human hybrid warship.

(For those that don't know, in my Stargate: Avalon series, the Aurora was not a 304 but a 305, with the model being created by the exceleent modeller RJB for the Gateworld Virtual Fleet. When I asked him if he could design a ship for me, he was just finishing the vessel and said I could use it all I wanted, as he could think of nothing better anyway .)

Originally posted by Sector View Post
          A masterful episode, very well done! Somehow, I feel more satisfied by this episode than all the others you have written, I could go for approximately a day without a new episode without drawback symptoms now .

Also, mobile weapons platform? How positively awesome. What I think will make the most difference is that we now know of the Der'kals interdiction technology, which will hopefully avoid the Alliance losing tons and tons of very valuable ships. On another point, I sure hope the Jaffa on Angkor will be willing to listen to reason and evacuate (leave only military personnel, just in case the defense goes totally awry, again).
          Good you should point that out... after all, Jonas did say that the attack came rather soon.

On a slightly different note. What if, on that crystal, Jonas had put the exact coordinates in space and time where the Der'kal supership exited hyperspace above Angkor? In which case, all we have to do to destroy it is fire some plasma beams a few seconds in advance at that position. In the series it has been mentioned several times that ships in hyperspace cannot have shielding, and it does in fact take them a few seconds to get them online after a hyperspace exit (see the destruction of Fifth's ship). Doing so would utterly destroy the Der'kal flagship, and leave them demoralized (their dissenters will get a far stronger voice if they see such a thing happening, like it was the will of some force that this happened, that this galaxy was not for the taking).
          There's more than one supership (I believe that was mentioned in one ep or another...) in the galaxy. The Rashnii-class (the Der'kal name for the superships) are their largest and most powerful vessles (that we know of), but they definitely have more than one.

EDIT: Didn't see the preview for the season finale right there. Man, after what the Der'kal are doing to not just humans, but the entire galaxy (cold blooded mass murder), I'd be having no problems at all to reduce their population to a fragment of what it used to be. This isn't a question of moral superiority anymore, but a question of who survives. Besides, what if we did win without the virus? Wouldn't that also mean killing a large percentage of their forces in the Milky Way? I'm pretty sure they won't just throw up their hands and leave. Yet I could be wrong
          I didn't say that killing Der'kal is all the virus did...

Originally posted by Jeffala View Post
          Teal'c is running the Jaffa nation and Landry was relieved when Talbot was brought in.
          Exactly. Landry may actually show up before the next season's over, along with a few other generals.

Originally posted by Lt. Col. Mcoy View Post
          Awesome episode! Great work! (and to be honest guys, I already was picturing the 305 as the Aurora )
          See, I'm not alone

And Alpha Red? And Kinsey's back!!!! Do we get closure?
          Well it won't be quite like Alpha Red, but yes, that's the general idea. Although I must admit, I didn't get the idea from The New Jedi Order; the plot for this came mostly from Orson Scott Card's book of the same name, Xenocide.

As for Kinsey... well, he's a slippery one. You'll get closure on someone, but just who will it be? Hmmm...
          Click the banner or episode links to visit the virtual continuations of Stargate!
          Previous Episode: 11x03 "Shore Leave" | Previous Episode: 6x04 "Nightfall" | Now Airing: 3x06 "Eldest"

Comment

Great ep. cant wait for the next one to "Air".

Comment

RJB's model has beeb overused, you should try something else.

Comment

- Intercepted Message -
                Sender: Carter, Samantha
                Reciever: O'Neill, Jonathan

Dispatched From: International Stargate Command (Colorado Springs, CO)
                Recieved At: Pentagon (Washington, D.C.)

Sorry I haven't had much time to talk lately, sir--no, General--no, Jack--but I've been so busy with the war and whatnot, I've hardly had a chance to focus on anything else!

Anyway, Teal'c and Bra'tac wanted me to pass along their sincerest thanks for the Asgard upgrades we finally gave them. Apparently, the Jaffa command staff would still prefer some beam weapons or beaming tech... with the one exception of the al'kesh we outfitted for Admiral Kitel. But still, they're not going to be complaining about Asgard-designed shielding anytime soon, and they could sure use it, considering how much of this conflict they're undertaking themselves.

Oh! And we've had somewhat of a breakthrough here, ourselves; remember when we were off fighting Garrin last year, and his ha'tak were incredibly overpowered? Well we finally figured out his secret... the Der'kal gave him Furling shield technology. Now, we haven't figured it all out yet, but from what Daniel was telling me, the Furlings were the uncontested masters of defensive tech in the ancient Alliance. If that's true, and the Der'kal had access to their shielding, it could be a major victory for us--if we know the basis for their defense grids, we can devise a way to, possibly, hack through them. Still, I doubt their using full Furling designs, considering Admiral Kitel was able to exploit fluctuations in them, so perhaps it isn't as grand a thing as I thought.

Anyway, I hope we'll hook up soon. Don't forget your promises, Jack.

- Sam
                Click the banner or episode links to visit the virtual continuations of Stargate!
                Previous Episode: 11x03 "Shore Leave" | Previous Episode: 6x04 "Nightfall" | Now Airing: 3x06 "Eldest"

Comment

Sweet

Comment

Jonathan O'Niell ???

Fav Stargate Quotes

Spoiler:
                    Thanks! It'll be a walk in the park ... a very scary park, filled with monsters who are trying to kill me.

I like the yellow ones.

Operation "This Will Most Likely End Badly" is a go.

OH CRAP!!!

You need someone dumber than you are.... You may have come to the right place.

Comment

That is his full name:
                      Maj. Gen. Jonathon 'Jack' O'Neill
                      Sir or Jack to his colleagues and friends
                      SG-1:

SGA:

Comment

I'll draw everybody's attention to the last line. Sam and Jack finaly get togeter?

Comment

it would be great if jack and sam got together

Comment

Originally posted by Crazy Tom View Post
                            I'll draw everybody's attention to the last line. Sam and Jack finaly get togeter?
                            Go re-read "Shatterpoint" from Season 12 and then think about how long it's been (in show time) since then. That should give you a hint.

Comment

very very nice episode
                              get the rep

Comment

((And now, the season finale of Stargate: SG-1!))

13x20 "Xenocide" (Part 1 of 2)
                                Synopsis: When Area 51 makes a breakthrough virus capable of wiping out the Der'kal, Earth is plunged into chaos by divisions on the possibility of genocide, with SG-1 standing in the line of fire.
                                Spoiler:
                                (60 second recap of "The Emissary," "A Family Affair," and "The Time Traveler")

A darkened room in an underground complex greets two men in hazmat suits as they key in the access code to a prison cell. The door buzzes and slides aside to reveal a truly horrific sight; a Der'kal warrior strapped to a table, hanging on the edge of death, his eyes crazed and a shrieking cry coming from his throat. This is Nim Shaarl, the diplomat dispatched to Heliopolis several months before ("The Emissary") and commander of the initial incursion a year ago ("Shatterpoint"). He appears to be very malnourished, and has lost all of the posture and finesse that made him such a skillfull terrorisor of the Alliance.

The two hazmatted men pull out a small vial, and the one closest to Nim Shaarl holds him still while the second one flips the cap off the vial and watches a barely-visible cloud of bluish smoke dissipate in the air, becoming invisible almost at once. A moment later, Shaarl cries out in agony, a sickening sound as alien as the creature itself. He twitches violently, his back spasming, then slowly stops moving altogether, merely lying motionless on the table. The two men nod to one another, and quickly leave the room.

On a balcony above, looking down into the roofless cell of the now lifeless Nim Shaarl, the SG-1 team stands in horror. They watch as rivers of green fluid begin to leak from the various orifices of the alien, and its eyes twitch even in death. Nearby, though, a group of scientists seem very pleased with the demonstration, as do several military men. One of them, though, seems as disgusted as SG-1. And, ironically, he was once one of them. General Jack O'Neill approaches his former team and asks them what they thought of Earth's newest weapon, a question that only recieves stunned head-shakes in reply. Finally, Daniel asks if the government actually intends to use this agent, but Jack has no answer for him. President Hayes certainly doesn't want to, but the majority of smaller nations in the UN are already calling for the virus (called "Agent One") to be sent through the stargate to all Der'kal-pccupied worlds at once.

Carter holds up a hand, watching as the military men and scientists leave, and asks if the United Nations is actually considering the complete extermination of another species. Vala, surprised, asks Sam why that would be so bad; the Der'kal have murdered hundreds of millions of innocents already (the population of Hebridan was around that of Earth), so she sees no problem with doing the same in return. If it comes down to their survival or humanity's, Vala argues that they protect themselves. But before the argument can develop any more, Jack puts a hand on Sam and Vala's shoulders and says that right now they need to look united. All of them need to meet with the UN General Assembly within the hour, after all, and bickering will only make the ISGC look weak. Agreeing for now, the team files out, with Daniel pasuing to take one final look at the diseased body of Nim Shaarl.

In orbit, a lone al'kesh cruises between a pair of BC-303s, invisible to all thanks to a sophisticated cloaking device. On its pel'tak, two men dressed in Western business suits ask (with clearly Goa'uld voices) the man sitting in the command chair if he's recieved any "notification" yet. The commander laughs for a moment, then points to a terminal offscreen. One of the businessmen activates a holo-display showing the gruesome death of Nim Shaarl, and then he smiles. These are Trust agents, and they are apparently very pleased with Agent One's work. Even worse, they obviously have an inside man capable of copying footage from Area 51 and relaying it to them in orbit. The two men say they will "inform the others" immediately, then turn and leave. The man in the command chair, however, just leans forward to stare through the viewport at Earth, spinning serenely below. He has a plan...

On the planet itself, a lone puddle jumper skims over the Nevada desert, heading toward New York City. In the rear compartment, SG-1 and General O'Neill sit in relative silence, watching a ceiling-mounted television display news reports from across the globe and the galaxy (now that the stargate is public, news stations have begun following interstellar stories). Finally, Carter demands to know how Vala can think that wiping out every last Der'kal is the answer, especially their women and children. Vala stands and shouts back that there may not even be Der'kal women, and their children are obviously raised to be warriors. They are a danger same as the men.

Struggling to keep control, Jack asks if the two can calm down, but he is ignored as Sam claims that they'd be comitting genocide, only worse; this would be xenocide, the utter extermination of an alien race. What right do they have to play the part of "natural selector," she says. Vala fires back that this is what SG-1 has been doing for more than a decade, trying to kill the bad guy before the bad guy kills them. What's so wrong with Agent One? It would save billions, if not trillions, of lives! But Sam argues that it would also be killing millions, if not billions, in return. How is that acceptable?

At length, Mitchell joins the argument on Vala's side, attempting to rationalize the virus by pointing out that, given the chance, the Der'kal would do the same to every human world in the galaxy. The aliens have no qualms with exterminating us, he says, and a first strike like this could end the war and prevent them from ever doing such a thing at the same time. In fact, he goes on to argue that not using Agent One would be a crime in itself, as it would allow for the deaths of millions more at the hands of the enemy armada. Feeling triumphant, Vala asks Carter if she can really justify letting dozens of human and Jaffa worlds suffer while the Tau'ri sit in content that they're at least morally perfect. Exasperated, Daniel shouts that wiping out another species makes them no better than the Der'kal themselves, and how can Earth claim to fight for justice when it's willing to simple eradicate its enemies?

Finally, Jack stands between Carter/Daniel and Mitchell/Vala, ordering both groups to simply shut up about the matter until they reach New York. The ISGC, and SG-1 especially, is seen as the gateway to the stars, and if the public sees that even they can't keep it together... he trails off, as everyone knows what might happen if the ISGC was ever thought to be uselss or incapable of doing its job. He tells both sides to think about what they're doing and how much depends on them forming a united front against both the Der'kal and the politicians, and right now that means attending this hearing as a team, not a divided group of soldiers. Still angry but understanding, the four retake their seats and watch the rolling plains turn to grassland as they cross onto the East Coast.

Back at the ISGC, an incoming wormhole has everyone on edge; the Tok'ra have reported that one of their outposts on the fringes of Jaffa space near Ankgor has gone dark, and all attempts to dial into the base have failed. A scout ship was sent out two hours ago to scan the planet in question, but the Tok'ra are already expecting the worst. They've known for months that it was only a matter of time before the enemy moved on the Jaffa stronghold again, and apparently the time has come. Standing in the control room, Dr. Talbot asks Walter to relay a message back to the Tok'ra, telling them that if they need help evacuating personnel, Earth stands ready to assist... then she tells Walter to pass along the same message to the Jaffa on Ankgor. They may need it.

Then Talbot turns her attention to a nearby monitor (which is showing the same news station SG-1 was following), which displays a shot of the United Nations building in New York City with a puddle jumper landing alongside it. The hearing is about to begin.

In the General Assembly hall, the over-200 delegates of the United Nations are taking their seats. It is interesting to note that Shen Xiaoyi (the Chinese ambassador from the old IOA ("The Scourge"/"Crusade")) is now the official delegate from China. Obviously, her actions in the past (Season 11 "Coming Clean") have elevated her to a more prestigious position. After everyone is seated, SG-1 (and General O'Neill) takes their places as guests of honor just off of the speaker platform, and then watch as another US military officer stands before the podium. O'Neill whispers to the others that this is General Collin Richardson, one of the Pentagon's numerous lackies. But he works for men of the military who disagree with President Hayes, and believe Agent One should be released at once. If they were able to sneak him past the White House and get him here, that faction obviously has more power than he thought.

Richardson declares that, at last, Earth has developed a weapon capable of protecting itself from the Der'kal armada. A thunderous round of applause from the delegates erupts, and Daniel, Carter, and Jack all shift uncomfortably. The general goes on to explain the creation of Agent One, outlining especially the lack of alien support in the endeavor, stressing that this is a human creation. And with it, they can completely wipe out the enemy once and for all. With the alien menace gone, Earth will rise to the position of supreme power in the Milky Way, the destroyers of the most terrible foe since the Replicators. Another cheer rises up, and now even Vala and Mitchell, supporters of the virus, begin to show concern. They only agree to the use of Agent One to protect Earth, not to claim dominance over the galaxy, as Richardson is clearly suggesting.

The hearing drags on for another hour, with various international officials reporting on Earth's defensive capabilities (all ion cannons ("The Emissary") slated for the first wave of construction have been completed and positioned across the globe) and other matters. The Red Cross has expanded offworld, with a new branch opening on Chulak to facilitate aid to the Jaffa Nation, and two major shipbuilding deals have been reached with the contractors on Dar Eshkalon (now a major Jaffa shipyard). When it finally ends, O'Neill heads straight for Richardson, demanding to know what kind of act that was; he knows Hayes would never agree to such a foreign policy. The other officer merely smiles and tells Jack to go crawl back to Homeworld Defense and be a "good little general." Infuriated, O'Neill returns to SG-1, calms down, and says he has to get going back to Washington anyway. As the others head outside, he pulls Sam aside and drags her into an alcove just beyond the General Assembly hall.

(See next post for conclusion of "Xenocide.")
                                Last edited by s09119; 25 June 2008, 05:17 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X