• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Comment

Originally posted by Vampyr View Post
      agreed, i need more

Fav Stargate Quotes

Spoiler:
      Thanks! It'll be a walk in the park ... a very scary park, filled with monsters who are trying to kill me.

I like the yellow ones.

Operation "This Will Most Likely End Badly" is a go.

OH CRAP!!!

You need someone dumber than you are.... You may have come to the right place.

Comment

yes we NEED MORE now please could you add in this episode as a guest
        get the rep

Comment

Well, I'm stuck writing a paper on the comparative successes on the "communist" leaderships in China and the late-USSR, so it could be a day or two more before "The Emissary" hits the site :/

On the upside of life, however, my pizza has arrived...
          Click the banner or episode links to visit the virtual continuations of Stargate!
          Previous Episode: 11x03 "Shore Leave" | Previous Episode: 6x04 "Nightfall" | Now Airing: 3x06 "Eldest"

Comment

I can tell you about the Khemer Rouge, they are the same as the communist China and USSR
            sigpic
            The Edge of the Night; contains love from the heart and soul, outpouring love to one and love one country.

Comment

How was the pizza? That's the problem with being so good, we want more!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Elitenova View Post
                I can tell you about the Khemer Rouge, they are the same as the communist China and USSR
                The Khemer Rouge were nothing like China or the USSR, what are you talking about?
                [kick ass signature coming soon]

Comment

Originally posted by Apollo214 View Post
                  The Khemer Rouge were nothing like China or the USSR, what are you talking about?
                  Well i can see where he is coming from tho....the khemer rouge shares some beliefs with the communists of china, but their not all that similar.
                  sigpic

A Cast Worth Remembering...

My Little Fanfic: Furling Expedition

Comment

During the birth of the Communist, they enslave the people to work. I was born in the slave camp. Maybe months later, the Vietnamese army invade the country and my family immigrated to Japan, enlist in the JMSDF and decided to have a life in the USA. Served in the Marine corp and patrol the DMZ in Korea and station in Iwo Jintao and back in the US again. Never served in Iraq. Then I decide to go back JMSDF reserve.

Dont know why the consitution ban combat
                    Last edited by Elitenova; 12 April 2008, 08:35 AM.
                    sigpic
                    The Edge of the Night; contains love from the heart and soul, outpouring love to one and love one country.

Comment

Originally posted by Elitenova View Post
                      During the birth of the Communist, they enslave the people to work. I was born in the slave camp. Maybe months later, the Vietnamese army invade the country and my family immigrated to Japan, enlist in the JMSDF and decided to have a life in the USA. Served in the Marine corp and patrol the DMZ in Korea and station in Iwo Jintao and back in the US again. Never served in Iraq. Then I decide to go back JMSDF reserve.

Dont know why the consitution ban combat
                      Then I have to say this: Thank you for your service to the USA. It is very much so appreciated.

My history teacher is war veteran and I've learned that I should thank any soldiers (both active and former) for service. So, thanks!
                      Is everything okay?!
                      I got 5 and Teyla got-
                      I got 8.
                      I got 10 and she got 8
                      (rolls her eyes)

Comment

......Back to SG-1

wheres the new EP anyways?

Comment

Originally posted by Apollo214 View Post
                          ......Back to SG-1

wheres the new EP anyways?
                          The man said he has other (more important) stuff on his mind right now. I, for one, can fully understand that*. Why can't you?

* Busy on an Operations Research task right now, grmmmbbll

Comment

Originally posted by Sector View Post
                            The man said he has other (more important) stuff on his mind right now. I, for one, can fully understand that*. Why can't you?

* Busy on an Operations Research task right now, grmmmbbll
                            well i mean whats better.....communism and operations research OR Stargate? i mean come on, is that even a question?
                            sigpic

A Cast Worth Remembering...

My Little Fanfic: Furling Expedition

Comment

I understand, I just thought that......Blah

Comment

13x12 "The Emissary"
                                Synopsis: A Der'kal diplomat's sudden arrival in Alliance space ushers in an impromptu meeting of the galaxy's major powers in an attempt to negotiate with the alien invaders.
                                Spoiler:
                                A beautiful view of Heliopolis opens the scene, with massive waves crashing against the cliff that supports the headquarters of the Alliance. Around the citadel itself, a thriving cross-species community has sprung up, it seems, and numerous small craft of Nox and Goa'uld design buzz about on civilian duties.

Inside the grand structure itself, a Serrakin aide (one of the survivors of the attack on Hebridan) stands before an open stargate. Around him, a few humans and Jaffa mill about, bringing documents or other materials to representatives of their respective races. After a moment, Col. Samantha Carter steps through the wormhole, holding out her hands in welcome to the Serrakin waiting for her. This is Veman, a former head of TechCon's weaponsmaking devision before the corporation was dismantled by the Der'kal. Now he works as Heliopolis' head of security.

He quickly walks Carter out of the crowded gate room, passing a duo of Tok'ra discussing recent Der'kal attacks on planets near their outposts. As they head down a few flights of stairs toward the citadel's entrance, Carter asks how things are going at the Alliance HQ. Veman replies that they've had a few problems, most notably a massive influx of refugees from human and Jaffa worlds in the enemy warpath. So far, they're being dispersed to Free Jaffa planets on the other side of the galaxy, as Heliopolis doesn't have the infrastructure to support that many people yet.

As the two of them leave the citadel and enter the well-kept settlement surrounding it. Beautiful houses embodying a mix of Jaffa, Nox, and Hebridanian touches line the streets, and various market stalls are scattered about. Most impressive, though, is the massive ion cannon sitting a few hundred meters away, its surface gleaming in the afternoon sunlight. Carter stops short at the sight of the weapon, amazed that such a grand piece of technology still exists. Veman quickly explains that the Tok'ra have been working for years to modify the designs the Tollan gave Earth ("Between Two Fires"), and now they are capable of dealing out an immense amount of damage. Four more are under construction for Heliopolis alone, with others being built for defensive purposes on prominent Jaffa, human, and Tok'ra worlds, as well.

Suddenly, Veman's radio crackles, and the voice of someone back in the citadel shouts for him to get back immediately. When the Serrakin asks why, he's told; a Der'kal cruiser just dropped out of hyperspace above the planet and is approaching fast. In orbit, the enemy ship is in fact coming closer, but thankfully it looks like Earth has installed Asgard defense satellites here, too, and they're already training their weapons on the alien craft. But just before the cruiser enters weapons range, it comes to a stop.

Now back in the citadel, Carter and Veman watch as the ion cannon prepares to open fire, but the Serrakin orders the defense grid to standby when a transmission comes through. According to the commander of the cruiser, they're not here to fight. They want to talk.

Some time later, Carter welcomes the rest of her team through the stargate. Mitchell asks her how her own job went (apparently, she was coming to tweak the settlement's Mark III naquadah generator), but Sam explains that she never got the chance to get to work, what with the Der'kal arriving and all. She leads them down a hallway to the security center, where a group of Jaffa and human officers are working on a plan for controlling the frightened civilians outside. She introduces them to Veman, who says that he's been in constant communication with the alien warship in orbit. They're still out of weapons' range, but they're asking if they can send down a transport to deliver a negotiator to speak with the heads of the Alliance. So far, though, he can't see reason to allow it. After all, the transport could just be carrying a bomb designed to take them all out.

Vala recommends they keep the Der'kal waiting a little while longer and send up their own transport, a tel'tak if one's available. That way, they can supervise what's brought planetside and prevent any nasty surprises. Veman agrees, pointing out that a Tok'ra tel'tak is still parked nearby from a supply run. As he leaves to arrange the cargo ship's flight, Mitchell suggests that he and a few marines go along for the ride, to make sure that the Der'kal don't try to pull anything on them. Sam doesn't like sending people up to a potential trap, but she agrees that it makes sense and gives him the okay, watching as he heads off to ask Earth for a few reinforcements.

Sighing, Carter sinks into a nearby chair, rubbing her eyes. Daniel asks how she's doing, and she just says that she's getting so tired of all this damned fighting, of having to get up everyday not knowing if everything and everyone she loves are still there. After thirteen years of fighting and war, she's getting tired. Although he sympathizes with her, Daniel points out that the galaxy is a safer place because of what they've done over the years. Sam's not so sure, though, reminding him that even the Goa'uld couldn't take on the full force of the Alliance as it stands today, something the Der'kal are able to do with frightening efficiency.

Back on Earth, General Hank Landry is sitting at home watching... Dr. Phil. He's out of uniform and seems to have just gotten back from a workout (he also seems to be in better shape than he was as commander of the ISGC). After a moment, there's a knock at the door, and he gets up to open it. As he pulls it open, though, he gets somewhat of a shock; his visitor is his replacement, Dr. Talbot. She asks somewhat nervously if she can come in, and Landry beckons her inside with equal apprehension, not really sure what to make of the surprise visit.

Once they're seated, Talbot explains that she came to find out how, exactly, one runs a facility like Stargate Command without losing their mind in the process. The old general laughs, saying that there is no real magic way, and you just have to figure it out as you go along. But then he grows serious, adding that working at the compelx changes a person. He knows from personal experience that making decisions that can affect an entire galaxy (or even two!) can be hard on anyone, but sometimes you just have to make one.

Suddenly, Talbot's phone rings, and she steps aside to take the call. When she returns, now wearing a look of concern, she informs Landry that the Der'kal have arrived over Heliopolis looking to talk, and that she needs to get back to the ISGC. But Landry asks if he can come along, saying that he has some experience that could be helpful here that she doesn't... and that he misses having something to do after the UN removed him from his post. Talbot quickly agrees, glad that she hasn't offended him herself, and rushes to grab her car.

Meanwhile, on Heliopolis itself, the Tok'ra tel'tak is just lifting off, carrying a dozen US marines, two UN Special Forces officers, and Col. Mitchell. The rest of the SG-1 team watch anxiously via monitor inside the citadel, praying that the Der'kal don't decide to open fire and destroy the ship out of spite. But thankfully, the ship manages to make it into the alien hanger unmolested, and Mitchell nervously extends the doorway for their guest. After a moment of anticipation and waiting, the door itself slides open to reveal a Der'kal warrior, dressed in armor even more ornate than previously seen. His darkened skin is draped in emerald and gold plating, and a wicked-looking elongated pistol rests in a shoulder holster slung across his pectorals. The alien introduces himself as Nim Shaarl, the soldier that commanded the vanguard fleet sent in to crush the Alliance's forces over P9X-335 ("Shatterpoint").

At this revelation, the marines immediately stiffen. This is the warrior responsible for the deaths of almost three-thousand Jaffa and nearly three-hundred humans, and killing him would surely go a long way to making things feel more "even." Thankfully, Mitchell is wise enough to realize that attacking Shaarl will only lead to more bloodshed, so he curtly welcomes the alien aboard and orders their Tok'ra pilot to get them the Hell out of there. The tel'tak lifts off and speeds planetside, crossing the perimiter into the safety of the defense grid and landing just outside the citadel's main entrance.

A full four dozen Jaffa are arranged in formation out front, marking the path the alien emissary is to take inside. Hundreds of citizens have gathered around to see, and viciously shout insults and cries of anger at the Der'kal warrior, forcing the Jaffa to restrain them. Daniel, watching from the balcony of the citadel, mentions that this is only making the galaxy look more pathetic and hopeless, but Vala points out this this is their only real outlet for all the grief they've suffered, and it might be best just to let them have their moment.

The emissary is led through the corridors (now filled with various personnel, this time all silent as they watch the procession) until they reach the conference chamber that has become the Alliance's primary meeting room (the same chamber in which the Alliance was re-established in "Requiem, Part 1"). Seated around the large central table are representatives of the four races; Lya of the Nox is at the head of the table, with Major Davis next to her, the Tok'ra scientist-turned-diplomat Anise next to him, and the Jaffa senator Kal'el at the far end. SG-1 is standing near the opposite wall, watching closely, and almost a dozen more marines are stationed around the room for guardian duty. Nim Shaarl takes his seat (noticeably alone in comparison to the other four dignitaries), but is forced to hand over his pistol to a nearby soldier when he tries to adjust his holster. He doesn't seem to take offense at the demand to be unarmed, merely amused.

Lya opens up with the first salvo, carefully choosing her words to be both damaging yet polite. She asks if the emissary plans on saying anything more than a demand for their surrender, because if that's all his people want, they won't get it. Anise adds to that, saying that the Tok'ra once dedicated a thousand years to resisting an enemy, and they can well do so again if need be. Shraal replies, quite casually, that it makes no difference how long they want to try and resist; the Milky Way will fall in the long run regardless. At once, Lya stands and turns to exit. She did, after all, warn him that if all he wanted was surrender, she would not hear it.

But the alien raises a hand, reaching into his armor. Immediately, both SG-1 and the marines have their weapons raised, but he merely pulls out what appears to be a small silver disk. He places it on the smooth surface before him and flicks a switch, releasing a holographic image of the galaxy, with roughly one-tenth of it awash in red light. Shraal explains that this is a representation of the territory now part of the Der'kal Empire, and he focuses in on the region surviving Ankgor ("Rogues, Part 2"), which is now almost completely-encircled by red. He explains that his people have been able to defeat the Alliance time and again until this battle, where the brilliant tactics of the Jaffa Admiral Kitel and the assistance of SG-1 forced them into a costly retreat. The Der'kal request that Ankgor and the surrounding systems be turned over to their control, and in exchange, the remaining population of Hebridan and other Serrakin worlds will be transferred via starship to a world of Alliance choosing.

(Continued in next post due to length.)
                                Click the banner or episode links to visit the virtual continuations of Stargate!
                                Previous Episode: 11x03 "Shore Leave" | Previous Episode: 6x04 "Nightfall" | Now Airing: 3x06 "Eldest"

Comment

Working...
                                X