• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am still convinced that the males bring up the kids

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by JenKM1216 View Post
      Hmm... I find it odd that the Wraith wouldn't seek out Ellia's crashed ship in hopes of survivors if females are so very rare. Needing the Queens in order to survive as a species would put severe limitations on their abilities to advance. Perhaps this could be the weakness referred to? Back to my point, if females are so very rare, one would think the Wraith would overrun the planet where Ellia's ship crashed in hopes of her survival. Worst case scenario, they cull the humans there without finding her.

I dunno. That whole situation makes me believe there is more to the Wraith than Queens who create everyone from their hive. I get the feeling questions like this will forever remain unanswered. I don't think the SGA writers are as interested in things like this as fans are.
      Yes yes, I also feel they didn't put much thought into the whole Ellia issue. Originally it was going to be a male wraith so they had to adapt the story. Maybe that's it; we shouldn't analyse it so much. Stupid writers.

Comment

Todd being a doctor, scientist, computer geek, commander and, diplomat boy, what can't this guy do even a catwalk model. A tune came to my mind. Do you remember a one hit wonder named Right Said Fred, who had a tune called "I'm too Sexy", Well, then I thought of Todd on a catwalk

Take Care:

LS
        Last edited by LiquidSky; 13 April 2008, 05:35 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by LiquidSky View Post
          Todd being a doctor, scientist, computer geek, commander and, diplomat boy, what can't this guy do even a catwalk model. A tune came to my mind. Do you remember a one hit wonder named Right Said Fred, who had a tune called "I'm too Sexy", Well, then I thought of Todd on a catwalk

Take Care:

LS

Spoiler:
          LOL! I can totally see him in my mind strutting to that tune. *Risem's mind wonders...*

Comment

Take Care:

LS

Spoiler:

Then I suppose you haven't seen that Read the first post carefully

Icarium

Comment

Take Care:

LS

Spoiler:
              I already pasted the original pic in...

In Loving Memory of Wraithlord.

I wish I got to know you better.

Comment

Originally posted by Icarium View Post

Then I suppose you haven't seen that Read the first post carefully

Icarium
                No, I haven't seen that. Cute smilie. Er.. this may sound like a silly question but, What does 'read the first post carefully' mean? If your are refering to the original post it was from das. I couldn't find it. When I read catwalk model a tune popped in my head. "I'm to sexy", by Right Said Fred.

Take Care:
                LS

Comment

No, I haven't seen that. Cute smilie. Er.. this may sound like a silly question but, What does 'read the first post carefully' mean? If your are refering to the original post it was from das. I couldn't find it. When I read catwalk model a tune popped in my head. "I'm to sexy", by Right Said Fred.

Take Care:
                  LS
                  I just wanted to point out that we all here think alike The original post is on the 6th page and it became some sort of Todd's anthem and that's why it was quoted in the 1st one. And I asked for this smiley because of @das's post

Icarium

Comment

Originally posted by GoSpikey View Post
                    I already pasted the original pic in...

Now I'm totally confused original pic in where? Sorry had to ask.

LS

Comment

Random thought
                      Why do the Wraith have such sharp teeth if they feed through their hands.
                      I know it's bbeen said that they can eat with their mouths too, but they still wouldn't need such sharp teeth if they they primarily feed through their hands.
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Wraith Worshipper View Post
                        I do the same thing--watch an entire season in one night and don't remember where which characters said what. However, I do know that McKay says this to the wraith scientist in The Siege Part II end of season one
                        Thank you. I thought it was round the end of season 1 or beginning of season 2. I was just far to lazy to look.

You see the "dog" (or dart) ships in Battle Star Galatic and the Vorgons in Babylon Five
                        I had forgotten about the Vorgons in Babylon Five. My father and I watched that show together, but it's been a LONG time since I've seen it.

I have often speculated on this. I often think, well the queens are for breeding drones and warriors, but perhaps the sentient wraith are raised in families. Elia certainly needed a family (and had one in her human father), so clearly the wraith are social creatures and need that interaction and deep attachment in order to live.
                        Yes, I agree with this completely. That's exactly what's been running through my head as of late.

Originally posted by Risem View Post
                        Yes yes, I also feel they didn't put much thought into the whole Ellia issue. Originally it was going to be a male wraith so they had to adapt the story. Maybe that's it; we shouldn't analyse it so much. Stupid writers.
                        I had no idea it was originally written to be a male wraith. You know, writer's of so many shows often do the stupidest things that leave the fans in the WTF frame of mind.

Take Care:

LS

Spoiler:
                        *dies laughing* This is awesome! My kids have been driving me crazy, and this is just what I needed to get into a better mood! Thank you for putting this up! LOL
                        sigpic

Comment

Obsidian Dawn!!! I love her brushes she evens has pattens for photoshop. She also give tutorials on how to use the brushes. Kai powers tools I check that out last night but I was to blurry eyed to read everything. There are all kinds of free thing out there too. Just google free photoshop styles, brushes, and patterns.There is another site called Free Photoshop brushes ok I know this is a Wraith form but, you need info on how to make beautiful Wraith pictures and signatures right

Take Care:

LS
                          Yes! I do know exactly what you mean. I absolutely must get to bed at a decent hour tonight, or I'm going to soooo deserve getting shot, as my mouth will get the better of me at some point really soon. As for Obsidian Dawn, I'm not even looking at the stuff anymore. I'm down to rote download. Download one and go to the next!

Google is how I found Kai's , and...and...and....

Wraithie
                          Last edited by Wraithworshipper; 13 April 2008, 01:20 PM.
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by andrewTellis View Post
                            Random thought
                            I know it's bbeen said that they can eat with their mouths too, but they still wouldn't need such sharp teeth if they they primarily feed through their hands.
                            They do eat regular food when they're children. As they age, the need to feed on human life-force overcomes them.

You do make a good point about their teeth being so sharp. Perhaps the bug-monsters Michael created are early versions of the Wraith. They might have been meat-eaters as well as life-suckers. Or it's just a throw-back to an early development that never changed because it wasn't really necessary to their dietary needs or survival.

There is one sure thing. It would suck to be bitten by a Wraith.
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by andrewTellis View Post
                              Random thought
                              We don't know what kind of food they eat as children, it might be very tough food. For instance, in The Rising, the Wraith table is set with what appear to be hard-shelled gourds, and a thick-skinned animal head. It's unlikely that Wraith children eat cereal and toast...but instead may feed on very coarse or tough foods, things with hard or thick shells and skin, thus the need for sharp teeth.

Also, we don't know where in the evolutionary stage the teeth have come in. Are they a new feature for the Wraith? Perhaps before they had teeth, they ONLY sucked life, or life force, out through their hand (perhaps this is what the clones do only - never eating normally). So, if the teeth are relatively new (Todd - who seems older, has smaller teeth than Steve, who seems younger), then - perhaps - the next stage of their evolution is to solely eat through their mouths, and the need to feed on human life force will be a thing of the past.

(Honestly, I think they have the teeth because the makeup dept. thought they looked cool... )

das
                              sigpic

Comment

LS - I made this up a week or so ago....using the 'I'm Too Sexy' song as a guide...

Todd's Theme

I'm too sexy for my hive, too sexy for my hive...
                                Hive's going to leave me.

I'm too sexy for my coat, too sexy for my coat...
                                So sexy it hurts.

And I'm too sexy for Lor-ne, too sexy for Lor-ne...
                                Teyla and Ronon.

And I'm too sexy for your jumper, too sexy for your jumper...
                                No way I'm flying with you.

I'm a model, you know what I mean...
                                And I do my little turn on the catwalk.
                                Yeah on the catwalk, on the catwalk, yeah...
                                I do my little turn on the catwalk.

I'm too sexy for my dart, too sexy for my dart...
                                So sexy, so smart.

And I'm too sexy for my hair, too sexy for my hair,
                                Yeah, too sexy to care.

I'm a model, you know what I mean...
                                And I do my little turn on the catwalk.
                                Yeah on the catwalk, on the catwalk, yeah...
                                I shake my little tush on the catwalk.

I'm too sexy for my queen, too sexy for my queen
                                Poor lonely, poor lonely queen.

I'm too sexy for my hive, too sexy for my hive...
                                Hive's going to leave me.

And I'm too sexy for this show.

das
                                Last edited by dasNdanger; 05 June 2008, 03:50 AM.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X