This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Elite Anubis Guard View Post
    Actually, McConnell suggested this way back in The Price You Pay.
    Did she? I haven't read that in many years. Still, it's a logical solution to something that was never really properly explained on the show.

cheers,
    Suzanne.
    sigpic

http://hevnlybarquings.livejournal.com/
    http://heavenlybarquings.googlepages.com/

Comment

I am STILL waiting for my Barque of Heaven book. Darn it, I should have bought it from Fandy instead of ordering it from the local bookstore! If I did that, it would have been here by now. I will NEVER make that mistake again.

*Watches the clock still ticking on by...........*
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Suzanne Wood View Post
        Did she? I haven't read that in many years. Still, it's a logical solution to something that was never really properly explained on the show.

cheers,
        Suzanne.
        Works fine for me, but I personally have never felt a need to have it explained. I accept the show's ideas of a wormhole to other planets in the first place! I would rather grant them that poetic license than spend 36 out of every 42 minutes of each show showing Daniel learning the language, then having it all subtitled!!

Comment

Hey, folks -- just wanted to let you know that there's a cool convention going on this Memorial Day in Atlanta. It's called TimeGate and will celebrate both Stargate and Doctor Who, among other sci-fi shows. They'd asked me to be a guest, but unfortunately I won't be able to make it, so instead I did an interview for their site. You can find the text here if you're interested.

And if you're going to be in the Atlanta area this May, go check them out! Tony Amendola from SG-1 will be one of the headlining guests.
          Beth
          http://www.elizabethchristensen.com
          http://www.stargatenovels.com

Comment

How much are tickets? and do those of us with CoW get in free? (I've ALWAYS wanted to meet the man behind the legendary Bra'tac!!)

also WHERE is the convention happening? Myn's gonna like it! that is, if she can get to go!

Anymore novels coming? (has just reread CoW for the tenth time, each time it gets better and better!!)

This is the Assassin's Way part 17 complete
            "Elegant beauty is Nature. but only for the gentle and soft Flower" ~Hu Ge
            "The one thing every new hairstylist must learn is how to do hair in a combat zone!" Bob; owner of Bob & Weave's Combat Salon in Red Dust Club, an original story currently in progress

Comment

Sometimes I hate being stuck on an this lil' island in the middle of a big pond.
              sigpic
              Stargate Destiny - Coming Again Soon

Comment

Originally posted by Elite Anubis Guard View Post
                Sometimes I hate being stuck on an this lil' island in the middle of a big pond.
                But it's such a cool island ... (I may have mentioned before that my dad was born in England and thus half my family is there, so I'm a bit biased.)

And it does work both ways. I had a fan email me the other day to ask if I could get James Swallow and Sally Malcolm to join me at the Chicago convention this year. Leaving aside the fact that I probably won't be able to make it to Chicago this year myself -- and I'm halfway local -- I don't think he realized that James and Sally would be far more likely to attend a London con than a Chicago one ...

Teyilia, the details of the TimeGate con are at this link -- have fun!
                Beth
                http://www.elizabethchristensen.com
                http://www.stargatenovels.com

Comment

Originally posted by Elizabeth Christensen View Post
                  I had a fan email me the other day to ask if I could get James Swallow and Sally Malcolm to join me at the Chicago convention this year. Leaving aside the fact that I probably won't be able to make it to Chicago this year myself -- and I'm halfway local -- I don't think he realized that James and Sally would be far more likely to attend a London con than a Chicago one ...
                  Hey, I'd love to do a con in Chicago, I hear it's a great city. I'm actually planning to guest at a US event later this year - July's Shore Leave in Baltimore. Here in the UK, I'll be at Serenity Complete in April.

Out Now:
                  Stargate Universe: Air, Stargate Atlantis: Nightfall, Stargate SG-1: Relativity and Stargate Atlantis: Halcyon (from Fandemonium Books)
                  Stargate SG-1: Half Life, Stargate SG-1: First Prime, Stargate Atlantis: Zero Point and Stargate SG-1: Shell Game (from Big Finish Productions)
                  "Outsiders" (Stargate: The Official Magazine #20), "Choices" (Stargate: The Official Magazine #10)
                  ---------------------------------------------------
                  Twitter

Comment

Originally posted by JMSwallow View Post
                    Hey, I'd love to do a con in Chicago, I hear it's a great city. I'm actually planning to guest at a US event later this year - July's Shore Leave in Baltimore. Here in the UK, I'll be at Serenity Complete in April.

I think you should GateCon in Vancouver instead of Chicago!! We got RDA appearing!! I would love to meet more of you!!
                    sigpic

Comment

I just wanted to say that i really enjoyed 'The Barque of Heaven', by Suzanne Wood. The book kept me on edge and for a first time novel, Suzanne Wood, I can't wait to read your next one. Obviously your fav character would be Daniel Jackson? Well I am a Carter fan, but really enjoyed the way you got the main characters involved.

Thank you for a fantastic read
                      Sam Snares

Comment

Speaking of conventions, Jennifer Fallon and I will be appearing at the (big screen pre-launch sneak peek) of Ark of Truth in Melbourne (March 30) and Brisbane (April 06) Supanova conventions this year. We'll also be in Sydney June 22 and Perth June 29.

Jen and I have been working full time the last few months putting together comprehensive teaching packages for speculative fiction writers and game designers. We've just launched www.worlbuildingworkshops.com as a first step (the web server is still being set up, so the link will likely take you to a temporary slot on my website for the next day or so, but the info remains the same). We have an evil plan, you see, for Australians to corner the spec fic market in gaming and writing , and will be launching it at Supanova.

Jen meanwhile is also getting prepared to launch her next novel, Palace of Impossible Dreams, at Supanova in Melbourne...no, actually, that's not quite true. In fact the person doing the launching will be none other than John Rhys-Davies (Raiders of the Lost Ark, Sliders, and Gimli in Lord of The Rings), so Jen sends her apologies for not keeping up with the news on this board because as you can see, life is a wee bit hectic at the moment!

I hope all you guys are keeping well and enjoying the latest Stargate novels (both writing and reading them).

cheers
                        Sonny
                        www.sonnywhitelaw.com

sigpic

Comment

SQUEE!!! I just picked up my Barque of Heaven book this evening. I'm on "Gate Three and I am absolutely loving it!!! As I type this, the book is calling me with its sweet song telling me to get the hell off the computer and finish reading it. NOW! I might be going to bed late tonight.
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by samsnares View Post
                            I just wanted to say that i really enjoyed 'The Barque of Heaven', by Suzanne Wood. The book kept me on edge and for a first time novel, Suzanne Wood, I can't wait to read your next one. Obviously your fav character would be Daniel Jackson? Well I am a Carter fan, but really enjoyed the way you got the main characters involved.

Thank you for a fantastic read
                            Sam Snares
                            Thank you, Sam! I'm very pleased you enjoyed the book.

Daniel is a particular favourite, but I do have a great fondness for Sam and Jack and Teal'c, too. The four of them together have such a fantastic interaction with each other, and it's a real joy to write them all.

Cheers,
                            Suzanne.
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Gate Geek View Post
                              SQUEE!!! I just picked up my Barque of Heaven book this evening. I'm on "Gate Three and I am absolutely loving it!!! As I type this, the book is calling me with its sweet song telling me to get the hell off the computer and finish reading it. NOW! I might be going to bed late tonight.
                              Lol, the long wait ends! Maybe we'll start a revolution of people turning away from their computers and going back to reading. I did it myself the other night and it was a really pleasant change.

Enjoy, Gate Geek!
                              Suzanne.
                              sigpic

Comment

Looks like Teryl Rothery will be replacing Jewel at Supanova in Melbourne and Brisbane this year. Three weeks to go...

Sonny
                                Last edited by sonny1; 07 March 2008, 05:36 PM. Reason: changed venue
                                Sonny
                                www.sonnywhitelaw.com

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X