No announcement yet.

San Diego Comic Con 2007

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi here's an mp3 of the SG1 panel, it's in the third review.

http://m2tv.typepad.com/m2tv/

Comment

Originally posted by SciFiFan View Post

ah finally, some audio!!! Thank you SOOOOO much for posting
      *goes of to listen*

Comment

Originally posted by SciFiFan View Post

Yes, she fixed it!

But, new article on CHRIS JUDGE on the top of that page! Talking about Rage of ANgel.

Comment

There is a nice little vid from Comic Con on SignOnSanDiego.com. It has Ben and Amanda talking about their adventures in the Artic. There is a brief commercial before the vid starts playing. It's called "Stargate on Ice."

http://video.syndication.msn.com/v/D...44610b&f=CADIU

Comment

Originally posted by prion View Post
            http://dvd.ign.com/articles/809/809017p1.html

SDCC 07: Stargate SG-1: The Ark of Truth
            The creators and cast talk about the DVD movie reunion.
            by Robert Canning

excerpt:

After watching an action-packed clip that celebrated 10 years of SG-1 as well as highlights of the anticipated movie, the panel began with a rather silly start. As he came onto the stage, Ben Browder leapt onto his chair to encourage cheers from the crowd. This caused moderator Gary Jones to state, "And, yes, Ben is drunk." The panel immediately started accepting questions from the eager crowd. At first, the questions were met with short, joking answers. Director Martin Wood followed several of his comments with, "I'm just kidding," leaving us all to wonder what parts, if any, of his statements were true. Soon, though, the panel settled down and began to expand on the answers.

*READ REST OF ARTICLE AT LINK ABOVE*

thanks for sharing, prion.

i'm wondering about something; was there a strictly sg1 (non movie related) panel? if so, who were the panelists? and amanda didn't do the sg1 signing autographs thinger, but the atlantis ones?

sally
            sally

sigpic

Comment

Pics of Amanda at the SCIFI party last night, didn't David write in his twitter that he was also gonna be there *goes in search of pics*

Comment

Originally posted by sofie View Post
                Pics of Amanda at the SCIFI party last night, didn't David write in his twitter that he was also gonna be there *goes in search of pics*

http://i140.photobucket.com/albums/r...5850769sq5.jpg

http://i140.photobucket.com/albums/r...5850677nm9.jpg

http://i140.photobucket.com/albums/r...5850661oz5.jpg
                well, there is my answer to the question i just asked you in a rep point. thank you!!

sally
                sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal View Post
                  well, there is my answer to the question i just asked you in a rep point. thank you!!

sally
                  lol no prob.
                  The pics are gorgeous

Comment

Look at all those powerful women.

Can anybody describe the Atlantis Season 4 trailer they showed by any chance? Please?

Comment

Originally posted by Melora View Post
                      There is a nice little vid from Comic Con on SignOnSanDiego.com. It has Ben and Amanda talking about their adventures in the Artic. There is a brief commercial before the vid starts playing. It's called "Stargate on Ice."

http://video.syndication.msn.com/v/D...44610b&f=CADIU
                      Thanks for posting the link. Wow, Amanda's hair looks great! ANd the talk was good too

Originally posted by majorsal View Post
                      thanks for sharing, prion.

i'm wondering about something; was there a strictly sg1 (non movie related) panel? if so, who were the panelists? and amanda didn't do the sg1 signing autographs thinger, but the atlantis ones?
                      sally
                      Um, I don't recall seeing an SG1 panel on the schedule. Just the movie panel and the SGA panel. As for signing, well, I think Skiffy was pushing AT on SGA which is why she probably did that one. Alas, wasn't there, don't really know. Darn.

Comment

I tried to check this out on the Comic Con website and couldn't make heads or tails of the the thing. When I went in to check on "guests" it had a bunch of names of people I'd never heard of ... how does one find the "stargate panels"? Obviously, it's too late for this year, but, planning for next ... perhaps. Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by prion View Post
                          Since it seems only US folk can view the SGA comic con panel, I've done up a transcript at

http://wraithfodder.livejournal.com/85558.html

Enjoy!
                          Dagnabit! You've done it again! I wrote out the transcipt too... *sighs*

*looks at yours* Hey, it looks like you concentrated mostly on the questions and answers... maybe my full transcipt was n't a complete waste of time...

Well, I guess if people want just the highlights and Q&As then they can read yours, but if they want to bother reading all the details (not sure if anyone really cares) then they can read mine...

Spoiler:
                          Part one:

It was mentioned that they will be giving out a script for someone who comes up with a really good question.
                          Announcer: Gary Jones!

Gary: “Oh my God! Wow! *crowd cheering and chanting “Gary! Gary!”* It’s just, uh… it really is amazing what wondering through the crowd, handing out 17 bucks can do. *crowd laughs* Amazing!

All right! So, we’re back. So, has everybody ran to the bathroom? You’re all back? Are there any new people here that missed the Sg-1 panel? Everybody just clap if you have… *no claps* Ahh, too bad. Because it was the best. thing. EVER. *crowd cheers* So, we’re spending some time together… does everybody know each other? OK, at the count of three, everybody turn to the person on your right and shake their hand. On, two, three… Aha! You idiots… *crowd laughs* All right, really get to know the person next to you. Look them in the eyes and say to them, “Where did it all go wrong? Can’t we try again?” and then give each other a hug. *Gary looks around at crowd and laughs* OK, 7 people did it… *crowd laughs*

All right, well.. you know what? We have the Atlantis cast here, plus we’ve got some… plus, uh, plus Martin Wood.. for… you know.. Why, I have no idea… but anyway..

Gary introduces panel as they walk on-stage: Joe Flanigan, David Hewlett, Amanda Tapping, Jewel Staite, Robert C. Cooper, Joseph Mallozzi, Martin Wood, and Nora O’Brian from the SCIFI channel. (JM has a video camera)

Q & A

Q: Out of all the technology on the show, if you could choose just one piece of technology to use in real life what would it be?

Robert: That’s easy, a transporter.
                          David: I’ll take the Stargate.
                          Amanda: Yeah, I’ll take the Stargate!
                          Jewel: Me too.
                          David: Seems useful.
                          Martin: A Deadelus class warship! *crowd cheers*
                          Joe F: Uh, a distillery. *crowd laughs*
                          Amanda: Three of us want the Stargate.
                          David: You take the SG-1 Stargate, I’ll just take the Atlantis one... it’s got the disco. *crowd cheers*

Q (Gary): Amanda, how does it feel to be with the Atlantis cast?

Amanda: *grins* I’m very lucky.
                          Gary: Oh yeah, this is the same crowd – we asked that before… *Gary chuckles* we already know. But, uh, you might want to tell the cast.
                          David: Remember that you’re on the Atlantis panel now… *crowd laughs*
                          Amanda: No.. it’s awesome, this is great. Yeah.
                          Gary: OK, it’s awesome. Officially, it’s awesome.
                          Amanda: And they’re cute! Which helps. *David grins* *crowd laughs* It helps that you’re all so good-looking! There are those long days… *crowd cheers/laughs* *Amanda turns her back to David and faces Joe F* It helps that you’re all so good –looking! *Amanda turns and hugs David* *crowd cheers/squees/laughs*

Q (Gary): I’ll ask Martin Wood a question... Martin, uh… you’ve directed millions of SG-1 episodes and now you’ve done like tons and tons of Atlantis episodes… any difference in directing either cast? Any difference in your style of directing?

Martin: The fact that are technicians on Atlantis are a little easier to work with… ah… is the first thing that comes to mind, Gary. *crowd laughs* I mean, Chief Master Sergeant.
                          Gary: Well, you know, if I had a few more lines you’d see how easy I was to work with… *crowd cheers/laughs*
                          Martin: OK! We’ll never find that out! *more laughs* I’d have to say the cast are different on both shows. It is a completely different feeling on both shows. Even though we do the same type of show, they are a separate cast. They don’t act the same way, so I’d had to adapt from the way I dealt with SG-1 for ten years to dealing with the group from Atlantis. And since we all grew up together from the pilot on, it was a very easy transition for me… I’m just kidding! * crowd laughs*

Q: For the producers, what’s the hardest part of working on a sci fi series and if a problem comes up, how does network play into solving that problem?

David: Here you go Joe, just use the mic, right here.
                          Joe M: I guess it’s a two part question. Um…
                          Nora: Careful… *crowd laughs*
                          Joe M: You know, when Paul and I joined SG-1, it was already a well-oiled machine, so to be honest with you, there rarely are problems. The only problems we ever come up against are, uh, you know, scheduling conflicts, usually having to with the actors, you know, David Hewlett , maybe he’s taking one of his Perrier baths and is late coming to the set, other than we’re a seamless… uh… problemless show… is problemless a word?
                          David: It is now.

Q (Gary): Hey Joe [F], any problems with being outranked by Amanda now?

David: Oh yeah, bring that up! *crowd cheers/laughs*
                          Joe F: It’s only natural somebody smarter’s gonna come along and take charge of things. *crowd cheers* I personally like it, it allows me to be an, uh, a typical irresponsible, anti-authority figure that I apparently am in real life, as I think I just deciphered from Martin’s last comment about the cast… *crowd laughs*

Q (Gary): I wanna know -- for David – if McKay... if you think McKay’s the reason why Carter joined the… *cheers*

David: Well, McKay’s the reason for everything. *laughs/cheers* *Amanda headdesk (literally) and laughs* I think that answers that question. It’s like coming home. It’s like, uh, it’s like coming back to Sam and Rodney... at it again. *crowd laughs* So to speak!
                          Gary: “So to speak”? *Gary laughing* *crowd too* At it again? OK, ah… next question.

Q: Throughout the series, I know you guys used the 8th chevron to get back to Earth, but is there gonna be any use of the 9th chevron in this season or any time in the near future?

Gary: Let me answer that… *crowd laughs/cheers* The 9th chevron.. uh… anyone wanna take that? Nora? The 9th chevron…
                          Nora: I’m a big fan – a big fan.
                          Gary: You’re a big fan of the 9th chevron? *GJ and crowd laughs*
                          Joe M: I think Rob has big plans for the 9th chevron… in the, uh, the spin-off.
                          Robert: I do have plans for the 9th chevron. … uh … ah… I very much hoping to, uh, see the 9th chevron one day. It’s actually… under the ramp.
                          Gary: Is it?
                          Robert: Yeah. It’s hidden under there. And, uh , I’m hoping to find it. *cheers/laughs* Gary: So there are plans for the 9th chevron! Stay tuned! Yeah. All right.

Q (Gary): Uh, Jewel, how does it feel to be on the Atlantis base as opposed to being on…

Martin: Can I just interrupt for one second? I think all of us want to hear it. Gary.
                          Gary: What?
                          Martin: *whispers* Chevron 9 encoded. *grins*
                          Gary: …. chevron 9 encoded! *cheers/claps/roars* Jewel, how does it feel to be on the Atlantis base as opposed to being on Serenity?
                          David: On a scale of one to ten.

Jewel: Um… I feel very new. Very new. *crowd laughs* And the ship is much fancier so I’m really glad I don’t have to fix it. *crowd laughs*

Q: I’m a huge fan of both shows and I’m lucky enough to get to work on the SG toys… what do you guys think about having miniature versions of yourselves in fans hands everywhere? *crowd laughs then cheers*

Gary: Can I just say that I am my own miniature version of myself… *crowd laughs*
                          David: It’s nice that other people are playing with me for a change. *Amanda LOLs* *crowd cheers and laughs*
                          Amanda: Are they anatomically correct? *crowd laughs*
                          David: Unfortunately, yes. *crowd laughs*
                          Martin: I’m looking forward to the say “action” figures that are coming out… they’re the directors. *crowd laughs*
                          Amanda: It’s very cool that my daughter can walk around with a little doll of mummy, it very cool. It’s kinda surreal.
                          Joe F: It’s actually very cool, ‘cause now I insist on Martin only talking to my action figure. *ditzy voice* I can’t hear you, talk to the action figure! *holds out hand* *crowd laughs*
                          Martin: Point to the doll where David Hewlett touched you… *crowd laughs* *Joe F smirks then grimaces*
                          Joe F: Don’t bring up bad memories… *smiles* My little boys actually, uh... one of my little boys loves his – what he calls his daddy action figure. And he actually – he sleeps with a monkey tail up his left nostril and the daddy action figure in his right hand and he actually falls asleep like this… *holds hands to cheeks* … and he can’t fall asleep without his daddy action figure, so, uh, to me that’s kinda cool. *pause* I don’t know how long that’s gonna last before he’s sticking pens in it… *crowd laughs*
                          Gary: Actually a lot of you don’t know this but there are actually plans for a Walter action figure… *cheers/laughs* Unlike the other action figures which move, he’s just in this position… *sits on air with hands reaching out in front of him* *crowd roars*
                          Martin: It’s known as an inaction figure! *crowd laughs*
                          Gary: It’s an inaction figure, yeah. It comes with an, uh, an action office chair. You can put him on or off – throw him against the wall -- he just stays like this… *repeats sitting on air with hands up* Uh, next question.

Q: As an active duty sailor, I’m glad to see that the Navy is gonna have a increased role, at least in the movies. But my actual question was for Gary. I’m wondering if you’ve managed to get your Hasboro (sp?) Comic Con exclusives yet this year?

Gary: Mmmm… what are they? *crowd laughs* What are the Comic Con exclusives?
                          Sailor: The Hasboro toy booth?
                          Gary: No
                          Sailor: You haven’t got them yet this year?
                          Gary: N… no. *makes a “call me” gesture* *whispers* Call me. *crowd and Sailor laugh*

Gary: Uhh… I got a question for the Producers. Do you think that Atlantis has a, uh, the potential to go for 10 years? *crowd cheers loudly*

Robert: You know, now that we have the little tiny dolls and we can build much smaller sets… *crowd and Gary laugh* … and when, you know, when the real cast gets too expensive. We can just use the… *holds invisible action figures* *crowd laughs* …action figures. You know, that’s a very good question Gary, and I’m glad you brought it up, because... uh… we have Nora O’Brian from SCIFI here… *crowd laughs* … and uhh… *Martin laughs* … and, uh, you know, she could probably shed some light on whether season 5 is gonna get picked up – couldn’t you? Nora?
                          Nora: Robert, when I asked you before the panel if you could help me, that wasn’t what I.. uh … *Nora and crowd laughs* No, it’s a great question. I and I... I think.. *crowd laughing* *Nora turns to see Joe M in her face with a video camera and laughs* I’m just going on the record now, right? Um, I think I told all of you guys, last year, when we had the same question for SG-1, please watch us live. Don’t TiVo (sp?) us. Um, obviously that will keep the show going longer and longer and let’s hope it does go for 10 years. That would be fantastic. *crown cheers* *Joe M grins and claps*
                          Gary: I believe that’s called “appointment television..
                          Nora: That’s right.
                          Gary: …when you just go and, uh, when you know it’s on, and just go there and watch it… when it comes on. So that’s a very good point. Um, next question.

continued in my next post...
                          Fandoms come and go, but geekiness lasts forever.

YouTube - DeviantART - Twitter - tumblr

sigpic

Comment

Q&A continued:

Spoiler:
                            Q: I was wondering what your favorite episode... of Stargate is?
                            Amanda (?): All of us?
                            Gary: Who, uh, is this… is this for a specific actor, or, uh…
                            Fan: Anybody.
                            Gary: OK, anybody, just jump in…

Amanda: I’ll jump in and say for me it was Grace Under Pressure, ‘cause I got to kiss McKay… *sly grin* *crowd cheers* *Jewel laughs* I’m kidding! *crowd laughs* *Amanda puts her head on David’s shoulder* *David has a big grin*
                            David: I like the one where I got to work with myself. *Amanda and crowd laughs* *Amanda looks at David closely*
                            Amanda: He’s serious. *crowd laughs* *Amanda and David both chuckling*
                            Gary: Jewel, what was your favorite episode? *crowd laughs*
                            David: Of Atlantis.
                            Jewel: Instinct! *looks smug* *crowd cheers* I’m a little biased, but…
                            Gary: And… why was that? *crowd laughs*
                            Jewel: Sorry?
                            Gary: I’ve just got to get to the bottom of this.. why was that your favorite episode?
                            Jewel: Oh, ‘cause I was in it. *Gary and crowd laughs* *Jewel shrugs and sips her water bottle*
                            Gary: I hear ya! Um… *crowd laughs* *Amanda says something to Jewel (?)* Next question.

Q: Hi, everybody.
                            Amanda: No wait, Joe [F]!
                            Martin: Joe! Joe!
                            Gary: Oh, sorry! I’m sorry! I was just, uh… (?)
                            Joe F: No, that’s OK Gary. Just… (?)
                            Gary: No, I’m sorry, go ahead. What’s your favorite episode?
                            Joe F: Probably… uuuuuuhh… Common Ground. *crowd cheers* Because I also got to work with myself quite a bit. That’s when I really started disliking myself too. *crowd laughs* I’m really hard to work with! *crowd laughs again* Uh, I liked CG, it was good.

Gary: OK. Um, Martin? What was the most difficult episode to shoot? Of Atlantis?
                            Martin: The most technically complicated was probably the one where David got to work with himself. *crowd laughs* Uh, but, um, Robert had done the same thing at the beginning of season 4. *to Robert* So, would you say that the twin episodes are.. are the most difficult? *to crowd* I know for the actors it’s very difficult ‘cause, uh, they’re acting against a green ball that is their alter-ego… or that is their alternative character. So, it becomes very difficult for them... it’s, it’s not as hard for us to visualize it, I guess, it’s just technically more complicated.
                            David: The green ball is actually a highlight for us… in many cases… *crowd laughs* … to work with a green ball.
                            Martin: The most difficult episode for me hasn’t happened yet. It’ll be 3 episodes from now. Uh, Number 418 (?), I think, it’s probably going to be one of the most difficult episodes that we have to do. But, you’ll have to wait another year for that. *Martin grins* *crowd “Aww”s* Just kidding! It’s a year and a half! You won’t get it next year. *crowd laughs* *Joe F smiles*
                            Gary: OK, sir, carry on with your question.

Q: Um, one of the good things about season 1 was that Atlantis was completely cut off from Earth. Um, with season 4, the way it’s starting with Atlantis in space… will they stay cut off from Earth, or…?

David: Let me talk you through season 4. *crowd claps* *David looks at Nora* Nah, I won’t really. You should watch it.
                            Joe M: Well I mean, in season 3 we set up the mid-way station and we’re gonna follow that through a good part of season 4… but… you know… sci fi – nothing lasts forever and the best-laid plans often go awry, so, uh, you get your hearts on the mid-way station you may be disappointed… *David looks at Joe M seriously* *Joe M grins, pretends to cover the mic, and looks at David* I hope I didn’t spoil it for you.
                            David: I haven’t got that script yet… *crowd laughs* Talk amongst yourselves… *turns toward Joe M again*

Gary: You know, I know the fans also like to know, uh, like what else is happening for the actors outside of the Atlantis, uh, universe, so maybe you guys can just touch up on some of the things you’ve been working on -- David, I know you’ve done a film called A Dog’s breakfast, you wanna… *crowd cheers* … uh, tell us a little bit about that and, uh, some of the other cast members are in the show and… how did that go?

David: It was fantastic. Um, it… and you can get it in September on DVD and... um… *crowd cheers* And you can get it now on iTunes and Amazon. Um, and, uh, yeah. It should, there should be a few little treats for Stargate fans there as well. So, um, there’s a lot of behind the scenes stuff coming out on the DVD. So, uh, yes. So you should run up and buy it now. *David grins as crowd cheers*
                            Gary: So, who else, uh... Amanda, you’re in Sanctuary? How’s that?
                            Amanda: I… it’s a new innovative web-based series called Sanctuary – www.sanctuaryforall.com -- it’s a completely different… ah… *Amanda grins* *says very quickly* sanctuaryforall.com… *crowd cheers* Thank you. Thank you very much. *big smile* I’m very proud that I’m involved with, you know, with the start-up and I’m an executive producer and I’m in it and, uh, Martin’s involved and… um, yeah. Look for it.
                            Martin: And, uh… this Monday night, by the way, for those of you that follow that series, Paul McGillion’s on. *crowd cheers*
                            David: Yeah, we got him too.
                            Amanda: David Hewlett as a cameo in Sanctuary. *crowd cheers*
                            Gary: And, uh, Joe [F], are you up to anything else, besides, uh… done anything else outside of Atlantis?
                            Joe F: Well, I’ve been asked to do a movie – MGM wants me to do a movie called, uh… it’s a remake of a film called Shattered, you know, that Tom Berenger and Greta Scacchi did years ago? So, they’d like to do shoot that in November, when we’re done shooting this. So I may end up doing that, it looks like that’s what’s gonna happen.
                            Gary: So, watch for that. Jewel?
                            Jewel: I have a movie coming out next summer called The Tribe. And it’s a suspense thriller. And I get to kick some a**. *Jewel holds up her hands like she’s doing kung fu or something* *crowd cheers*
                            Gary: All right. Next question.

Q: This is primarily for Amanda and Joe Flanigan – I wonder if you have any parenting advice for co-stars who are new parents, if so, what is it?

Joe F: Kids don’t need to eat as much as you think they do. *crowd laughs* Their bones are very soft. *Joe F nodding and smirking* *Amanda laughs with crowd* Uh, Amanda! *Amanda bows her head in laughter*
                            Joe M: Uh, I think you covered it all there!
                            Amanda: Yeah, I think that covers it. I was always told to sleep when the baby slept and that’s never happened to me because I was reading scripts… *Jewel laughs* … but, ah. David, sleep when the baby sleeps. And good luck!
                            David: I sleep all the time, anyways.
                            Amanda: Yep.
                            Martin: David is closely watching Jason Momoa right now…
                            Amanda: Yeah.
                            Martin: …go through the first few days of having a baby. And Robert Cooper has just had a new one, as well, so… *crowd cheers* …and Paul Mullie, as well and, oh boy, you have no idea what’s coming.
                            Joe M: And I’ll be getting a new French Bulldog on, uh, Monday. *crowd cheers*
                            David: Sleep when the Bulldog sleeps. *everyone laughs* And they have soft bones. Yeah.

Gary: I have a question for the producers. How are you going to deal with Teyla’s, uh, pregnancy on the show?
                            Joe M: Sorry, I didn’t hear that. What?
                            Gary: How are you going to deal with Teyla’s, uh, pregnancy on the show? *yes, he repeated the “uh”*
                            Joe M: Well, I think everybody already knows we’ve written it in to the script... [I didn’t!] … uh, into the show. Teyla, obviously, is pregnant and, uh… she eventually will have her baby. *pause* *crowd laughs*
                            Amanda: As you do! (?)
                            Joe M: It was that or…
                            Gary: Unless you don’t write it in!
                            Joe F: That’s the creativity that keeps the show on the air… *crowd laughs*
                            Joe M: There were a lot of ways we wanted to go, but we decided that would be the best way.
                            David: Yeah, the over-eating thing didn’t go down well with Rach.
                            Amanda: Rachel.
                            David: Yeah.
                            Gary: OK, next question.

Q: I know over the years you guys have been doing this – as actors you want to become better, you want to evolve… you know, expand your horizons, so is there any chance of seeing more of the actors writing and directing future episodes, maybe in season 4, season 5?

Gary: OK, that just won a script! Well done, my friend! *crowd cheering*

David: If we had less to say, maybe… there’s an awful lot of talking to do.
                            Martin: *to fan* You don’t like the directors that they have?
                            Fan: No, but, I mean, I know this is Atlantis, not a movie right now, but you know, Chris Judge did that episode… ah… in – I forgot – season 5? Where he was training the Jafar [he said it, not me] and he was just doing the Trotonin (sp?) and I don’t remember the name and people are mad at me right now… [uh huh…]
                            Amanda: The Changeling? [good memory!]
                            Martin: Yeah, that was the one that Chris did.
                            Amanda: Yeah, Chris wrote that.
                            Fan: Oh, OK.
                            Joe M: Well, you know, we’ve always been open with script ideas… to all the actors and I know ah… um… you know, Joe [F] has pitched a couple of ideas, one that we were thinking of doing, but we had to scrap for… whatever reason, but another story that we’re actually going to be… *crowd laughing* *camera pans over to Joe F who is making a ticked off face* No, we’re actually gonna do it in, uh, this season. We’re actually, we were spinning it, uh, last Friday.
                            Gary: Yes Joe [F], he said “scrapped”. *crowd laughs*
                            Joe M: Well, shelved. It’s more like shelved.
                            Gary: “Shelved” is way better, “shelved” is good.
                            Joe M: Yeah, and as for the directing, I mean… you know, when the actors direct, it means that they’ll generally be out of the episode before they direct and, pretty much, the episode that they’re directing and, uh, *grins* I wouldn’t want to deprive you of 24/7 Rodney McKay, so, uh…
                            Amanda: It’s actually just that Martin Wood is a directing hog. He told me once that every time an actor directs a show a kitten dies. And so… *crowd and Jewel laugh*
                            David: I don’t want to kill kittens…
                            Amanda: … so I won’t do it ever again.. because of that.
                            Gary: And how many people have seen -- have actually noticed Martin Wood dressed up as a soldier in the episodes? *crowd begins cheering* Have you seen Martin? *continued cheering* So Martin not only directs, he actually puts himself in the show.
                            Amanda: Every time you do that Martin, a… * crowd laughs*
                            Gary: Every time you dress up and put yourself in a show, a puppy dies. *mild laughter from crowd*
                            Martin: Seriously? *louder laughter from crowd* I thought it brought a kitten back to life. *more laughs*
                            Gary: OK, question.
                            Joe F: By the way, just to go back to, ah… I am dying to direct. If you guys wanna like, apply as much pressure as possible at this really awkward moment on the producers, I’m all for it. *crown cheering as Joe F flails his arms in the air* Thank you.
                            David: Wait a second, no Flanigan for 3 episodes? Woaaah… *everyone laughs (except Joe F)*

Continued in next post...

sigpic

Comment

And again:

Spoiler:
                              Q: It’s great to see you’re developing Teyla’s mental abilities, in recent episodes. I wanted to know, will there be any romance between Teyla and Ronan? *a few of the crowd cheers [but not all of them! ]*

Joe M: You know, we will be developing some relationships… but, ah… we’re not prepared to divulge… *crowd laughs* .. that much at this point. *David put his arm around Amanda who laughs* *crowd cheers and laughs* *David then puts his other arm around Joe M* *crowd screams and laughs* *David, Amanda, and Joe M all laugh*
                              Joe F: Ah, no, truthfully, that’s where Paul McGillion comes back onto the show. *cheers*
                              Joe M: I just wanna go on the record and say that I love Scottish people. *crowd laughs* And to all you Scottish fans, please direct all hate mail to Robert Cooper, my inbox is full. *crowd laughs*
                              Gary: Robert, you have 2 minutes for rebuttal.
                              Robert: I have nothin’ *crowd laughs*
                              Gary: *laughing* OK… next question.

Q: This question is for Ms. Staite…
                              Jewel: Yes?
                              David (?): Who?
                              Fan: I’ve been a hu-… Mrs. I’m sorry.
                              Jewel: No, that’s OK. I liked it.
                              Fan: I’ve been a hu- *crowd laughs [poor guy]* I’ve been a huge fan of your work since Firefly, I love your blog on Myspace.
                              Jewel: Thank you. *crowd cheering*
                              Fan: And what I wanted to ask was, what’s the difference in preparing for your character? Do you approach the characters differently between Firefly and Atlantis, which, shamefully I have to admit, I only started watching when you joined the cast… *Jewel grins and gives 2 thumbs up* …and immediately regretted… I immediately regretted it because it’s a brilliant show, it really is. So I should’ve been there for the beginning, but you brought me to it, so thank you very much.

Jewel: Thanks, that’s really nice. Wow, I don’t feel so new anymore, that’s nice. *crowd laughs* I think the biggest difference has been all this doctor stuff. Um, Kaley (sp?) was always very innocent and... well, not innocent. But… *crowd laughs* …but seemingly innocent and sweet, um, Dr. Keller has a bit more of an edge to her and she’s very, very, very smart, I think she’s smarter than she actually knows. So that’s a bit of an interesting dynamic to play. And she’s not as sexually… evolved as Kaley (sp?) is, perhaps… or obsessed I should say.
                              Amanda: Hello!
                              Gary: Cool.
                              Jewel: *imitating Amanda* Hello!
                              Gary: Next question.

Q: Did Ford really die on that plane [Wraith dart, I assume he means] is he gonna come back at some point?
                              Joe M (?): Oh, that’s an excellent question! Which I… don’t have the answer to at this point... but once we get that 5th season pick-up… *Joe M looks at Nora* … who knows. *crowd cheers*
                              Gary: OK next question.

Q: Hi, I know that Joe [F] had… well, on-line it says that Joe [F] wanted to do more Sheppard back-story and I think that might have been what you were mentioning earlier. *Joe M nods* But I was wondering of we were actually going to get some of that?

Joe M: Yeah, in fact that’s actually what we were talking about on Friday we were spinning Sheppard’s back-story, specifically the fact that, you know, in Letters From Pegasus he didn’t really seem to have anyone out there and the question is sorta… “why” and it’s something we discussed on Friday. We got something really cool planed, which I’m not at… liberty to reveal right now. Joe [F] came up with a great springboard for a story. We’re going back to Earth... and… we’ll probably see…
                              Joe F: Was that the one that’s not scrapped? I just wanted to… *Joe M and crowd laughs*
                              Joe M: You’ll love it, trust me. You’ll love it.
                              David: That’s the one about his past as a dancer, right?
                              Joe M: Yeah, that’s the one.
                              Amanda: Exotic dancer:
                              David: Exotic dancer. *a girl in the crowd woops loudly [and my eyes rolled…]*
                              Gary: Next question.
                              Nora: We have time for just a few more questions.

Q: Given the fact that the Stargate universe is one of the best science fiction universes that lasted more than 13 episodes and 1 movie [anyone know what he’s talking about?]… *crowd laughs and cheers* *David rolls his eyes* … and there were no copyright or trademark restrictions, what other…
                              Gary: *snorts* What are you, a lawyer?
                              Fan: Yes… no! What other good science fiction universes would each of you like to cross-over with in this admittedly hypothetical question?
                              David: Starcrossed? *screams and squees from crowd* I’ll just throw it out there…
                              Amanda: S- Sanctuary…? *everyone laughs*
                              Jewel: I guess Lost isn’t really sci fi, is it?
                              Fan: Oh, I think you could call it that.
                              Jewel: Could I? OK, then that. *minor cheering from crowd* *Joe F frowns in confusion and crowd laughs at that*
                              Joe F: I’d probably jump onto the Daily Show universe or something… *crowd laughs and cheers*
                              Gary: I think we have time for one…
                              Martin: Is there some reason we can’t stay in the Stargate universe? *crowd and Joe F laugh* ‘Cause I like that one.
                              Gary: Well the fans obviously agree, they’re sci fi fans, they always think there’s way more out there than what you give them every week, so… that’s what happens. These people are 8 steps ahead of you. *crowd laughs with Gary* And, ah, I think this will be the final question before we say goodbye to you guys. *crowd “Aww”s* OK, final 11 questions… *crowd cheers* No! This’ll be the final question. All right, here we go.

Q: OK, my question was, uh…
                              Gary: This is the final question! It better be so good, so complex, so thought out, intellectual… go ahead. [LOL… no pressure] *crowd laughs*
                              Fan: It’s a good question! Will you ever have another walk-on character that a fan sent a video for? Like, Atlantis.. you had that…
                              David: That’s how I got my role.
                              Nora: You mean Get in the Gate?
                              Fan: Yeah!

Nora: Yes, there’s plans for more Get in the Gate, yeah. Absolutely. *crowd cheers*

Gary: All right, that about wraps it up for today. Let’s hear it for the cast, directors, producers, and Nora O’Brian! Thanks very much for coming down, folks!

OK, that's it. (I hope someone actually reads it... )

sigpic

Comment

I read it! Hilarious!

Oh, and the "13 episodes and a movie" thing was the series "Firefly", which Jewel Staite was in (and her character name was Kaylee)

Comment

Working...
                                X