No announcement yet.

Continuing Stargate

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Atlantis did have 2 ZPM's before EatG. 1 was from when the ancient re-took Atlantis. But that was about 1/3rd full and then the other one from Azuras that they took at First Strike or something like that.
    sigpic

My fan-fic, swedish outpost

Comment

One solid, action-packed story that was not too rushed.

Marking it as a 90-minute special made it sound even better.

Comment

awsome episode s09 i think the way some one used the idea to actually try and use the chair than just let be deystroyed was good i think that if you put in that atlantis actually broke through the avenger virus in acoupleof hours would have been better and earth moved it to the sgc and that it reamined intact would be inkeeping with the fall of earth because in that the der'kal deystroy the outpost and the chair in the attack so all in all 10/10 from me.

i rule startegic games

Comment

i did find the barely defended ZPM room a problem, just as the fact that all ZPM's were conveniently in the same place. also, why would 5 ZPM's be required to implode the ship?

i thought it was good but not on all sides. it still leaked a little too much, wasn't completely watertight.

maybe they could've simply unplugged the four ZPM's.

anyway, the first thing i though was, why didnt they fire the Jumper's drones? outside, there's thick armor. but why not fire the drones when you're in the dartbay, then you're past most defences.

Comment

Originally posted by ussrelativity View Post
            One solid, action-packed story that was not too rushed.

Marking it as a 90-minute special made it sound even better.
            Yeah, after seeing the original... I decided that 90 was the way to go.

Originally posted by shadez2 View Post
            awsome episode s09 i think the way some one used the idea to actually try and use the chair than just let be deystroyed was good i think that if you put in that atlantis actually broke through the avenger virus in acoupleof hours would have been better and earth moved it to the sgc and that it reamined intact would be inkeeping with the fall of earth because in that the der'kal deystroy the outpost and the chair in the attack so all in all 10/10 from me.
            "Crossroads, Part 1" will eventually deal with the whole situation of the Antarctic outpost, ensuring there's something there for the Der'kal to blow up in "Star By Star."

Originally posted by thekillman View Post
            i did find the barely defended ZPM room a problem, just as the fact that all ZPM's were conveniently in the same place. also, why would 5 ZPM's be required to implode the ship?
            They're on a supposedly-impenetrable ship, and the team still did have to fight through a lot of Wraith to get there, I just didn't spent 15 minutes showing it since there was more to get to. If there's zero chance of anyone being able to get onboard, you wouldn't put a tank in front of the door.

And why would't wouldn't the ZPMs be in the same place...? On Atlantis, on our ships, in the SGC, there's always one room for power generation and that's where everything goes. As for 5 ZPMs being needed... okay, so they weren't, but I could just make up some technobabble reason stating that in order to contain the explosion you have to limit the output of each individual module or something xD

maybe they could've simply unplugged the four ZPM's.
            But then Earth would have six ZPMs... which would be ridiculous haha.

anyway, the first thing i though was, why didnt they fire the Jumper's drones? outside, there's thick armor. but why not fire the drones when you're in the dartbay, then you're past most defences.
            And give away their position so the Wraith can come and blow them up? The interior armor is probably pretty beefed up, too, and besides, they wouldn't be able to do much damage from a hanger bay on a ship that's several km long.
            Click the banner or episode links to visit the virtual continuations of Stargate!
            Previous Episode: 11x03 "Shore Leave" | Previous Episode: 6x04 "Nightfall" | Now Airing: 3x06 "Eldest"

Comment

so I am late to jump on the bandwagon. I liked it a lot better without the wormhole drive.

I loved Air Part 3. I think SGU is gonna be tight!

Also, I listened to some cool podcast about the SG franchise called Galactica Water Cooler. It is a podcast and forum for all types of sci-fi. Either way, I have been a fan of theirs since BSG started.

They recently covered the SG franchise, found here:

http://www.galacticawatercooler.com/category/Podcast/

There are four Stagate ones. One for Universe, the rest for Stargate SG-1, Atlantis and the movies. I am in the midst of listening to it.

I find it refreshing to listen to since they are brand new newcomers to the show, yet have the knowledge of fans.

anyway, check it out if you've got time. Each is about an hour and a half long and the SGU one is two hours long.

Enjoy
              Last edited by SG-18; 10 October 2009, 03:32 PM. Reason: added more
              Check out my music on Youtube and iCompositions.com

http://www.youtube.com/user/phildebrand2http://www.icompositions.com/artists/olympus/
              sigpic

Enjoy!

Comment

Originally posted by Lt. Col. Mcoy View Post
                On the subject of Universe, I must say I was quite pleased with "Air, Pt. 3". Very well done episode. (Though I do question why the senator's wife was told about the program.)
                As was I. Part 3 was much better than the first two episodes. I now have hope for Universe.

Dr. D
                God is the original transporter.

Acts 8:39b-40a: The Spirit of the Lord suddenly took Phillip away and the official did not see him again, but went on his way rejoicing. Philip, however, appeared at Azotus (an old city in ancient Israel) and traveled about.

He is also the author of love and justice:

Spoiler:
                Romans 5:8: But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: while we were still sinners, Christ died for us.

John 14:6: Jesus (Christ) answered: I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.

Comment

Originally posted by s09119 View Post
                  The thought that one ZPM could boost a hive to insane levels of power enough to run through every defense we could throw at it was stupid in my opinion. Besides, only three were tied into the ship, since the fourth was plugged into the stargate.

As for the profusion of ZPMs... nothing was changed from the original episode, since the two extras on Atlantis were really just to get it to Earth in time.
                  Well the Ancients had far more powerful technology than us, so really, I don't think you needed to give Atlantis five whole ZedPMs.

I hope you've got a plan to deal with all that power.

Originally posted by Lt. Col. Mcoy View Post
                  On the subject of Universe, I must say I was quite pleased with "Air, Pt. 3". Very well done episode. (Though I do question why the senator's wife was told about the program.)
                  He probably told her, same way Jeanie Miller told her husband.

Comment

Originally posted by Crazy Tom View Post
                    Well the Ancients had far more powerful technology than us, so really, I don't think you needed to give Atlantis five whole ZedPMs.

I hope you've got a plan to deal with all that power.
                    They only have 3 ZPMs now, which is no different from how it was at the end of "Enemy at the Gate."
                    Click the banner or episode links to visit the virtual continuations of Stargate!
                    Previous Episode: 11x03 "Shore Leave" | Previous Episode: 6x04 "Nightfall" | Now Airing: 3x06 "Eldest"

Comment

((And now, the season premiere of Stargate SG-1!))

16x01 "Hyperion"
                      Synopsis: The galaxy faces major changes on all fronts with the end of the war against the Der'kal, and the Venii request SG-1's assistance on a dangerous mission deep into Aschen space.
                      Spoiler:
                      ((45 second recap of "The Parting of Ways, Part 1" and "The Parting of Ways, Part 2"))

It has been several weeks since the transfer of power from the now-disbanded Free People of Earth back to the United Nations, and the reorganized government is finally settling into place. On the tip of Manhattan island, the O'Neill Stargate Terminal sits as a symbolic backdrop to the reconstruction taking place further up the city, with the framework of new skyscrapers growing higher and higher with each passing day. Pedestrians are again walking the streets, and there are even a handful of cars scooting about. Slowly but surely, life is returning to normal.

Inside the terminal itself, a full-fledged staff has begun work, with all the same types of personnel that once worked at Cheyenne Mountain, from technicians, to soldiers, to scientists. The interior has been fixed up from the shootout that took place a little over a month before ("The Parting of Ways, Part 2"), and everything is back to full functionality. Standing in front of the inactive stargate, Col. David Taylor takes a moment to rest a hand on the Ancient portal, then sighs and turns to face the four members of SG-1 and Danielle Talbot. Since stepping down as Chief of State of the FPE, Talbot was the unanimous choice of the United Nations to head up the new terminal, so, after two years of fighting to lead humanity, she's come full circle to her first job as part of the Stargate Program; civilian commander of the ISGC.

And, of course, with her taking back her old position, that leaves Taylor without a place on Earth. So he's heading back to the Beta Site, having packed what little belongings he's accumulated here the past few months, and getting ready to return to the quiet life he once had on his far-off base before all Hell broke loose. Talbot, Jackson, Vala, and Mitchell all say their good-byes, then step back a few feet to give him and his former second-in-command, Rebbecca Eaton, a few moments alone. The young Major shakes her old friend's hand, saying that it's been an honor and a privilege to serve under him for all these years, but Taylor insists that the honor has been all his. They salute one another, holding just a little longer than regulation asks, and then step apart, the Colonel waving to the control room to dial up the gate.

At once, the first chevron lights up, but Daniel frowns; the gate's inner ring isn't spinning yet, so how did a symbol get encoded already? It only takes a second for the answer to become apparent as the six other chevrons flash to light, and the group quickly moves out of the way as the technician on-duty announces an incoming wormhole. The stargate activates just as the iris slides shut, and after a long moment, a never-before-received IDC comes through on a priority channel; that of the Venii Conclave, the alien government Jason Carter helped the Alliance make first contact with a year before ("Sojourn"). More than a little surprised given the race's reclusiveness, Talbot taps her radio and orders the iris lowered and the defense team to stand down, brushing off her blouse nodding at SG-1 to step aside.

Once the barrier is down, everyone waits patiently until the event horizon shimmers, and a member of the Venii steps through, his tight metallic armor reflecting the glow of the wormhole. Covered largely in dull blue plumage, the alien appraises the humans before him with intelligent eyes, at length seeming to relax and asking for the commander of this facility. Talbot approaches slowly, inclining her head and welcoming him to Earth, and explains that she is the one in charge of the new ISGC. Nodding, the alien introduces himself as Ran-sil, a member of the diplomatic corps of the Conclave, and says that he has come with an offer for a joint venture between his people and the Tau'ri, one which could pave the way to ending this great conflict once and for all.

A short time later, the entire group has relocated to one of the downstairs conference rooms, and Colonel Taylor extending his stay on-planet to hear what the big news is, asks what the Venii have to talk about that they sent someone all this way to tell them. From his seat, Ran-sil says that, as they know, the Conclave's single greatest asset is its vast network of FTL relays, massive space stations enabling near-instantaneous transportation of ships across the galaxy. In the heyday of the Venii Empire, in the late days of the original Alliance of Great Races, they connected together an enormous domain, but today, many of the sectors once ruled from V'en (their homeworld) are under the control of many others, be it the Free Jaffa Nation, the Tok'ra, or other groups. One relay in particular, though, has a very interesting location; it lies only a short hyperspace jump away from Aschae, the Aschen homeworld.

Stunned, Mitchell points out that the strategic implications of this are enormous, given that the Confederation remains a very real threat to the security of the galaxy. Since they allied with the Der'kal after the fall of Earth, they've been steadily conquering all the planets around them that they can, and the Alliance fleet is simply stretched too thinly re-securing worlds out on the rim to contain their continuing expansionary policies. But if they could use this relay to jump a fleet past the interdictor-armed Aschen frontlines, they could pummel Aschae into submission and finally end the war. Curious, Talbot asks why this information wasn't brought straight to Heliopolis sooner, and Ran-sil admits that his government wasn't sure when to play this bargaining chip, as they could use it to gain valuable concessions in the ongoing negotiations to incorporate the Conclave into interstellar affairs. But two days ago, a mysterious virus that only affected Venii cropped up on one of their colonies tucked away along the Confederation border, killing every last inhabitant of the settlement within hours. Given the Aschen's love of biological warfare, there is little doubt who was behind the attack, and it has galvanized his government to act now rather than wait.

Holding up a hand, Talbot asks how, exactly, they can help with this. Earth already dispatched four of its ships to assist the Jaffa on a raid against a Der'kal holdout base of operations, and they need all the others to remain behind for planetary defense. Ran-sil, again, has an answer; the Venii fleet was largely untouched by the war with the alien menace, and they do not require a human ship. No, he says that Danielle misunderstands him, and that the only thing they want from Earth is SG-1, the only people to really understand how the Aschen think and react to varying situations, and it would be a great help if they were there to supervise the reconnaissance. In reply, Talbot promises to check with her new superiors at the United Nations and see if she can lend out her best team for a while, and Ran-sil thanks her for her time, bowing his head to the others as he departs.

A few hours later, SG-1 is back in front of the stargate, this time in full offworld gear, while Colonel Taylor watches from the main level balcony with interest. In the control room, Talbot hands a small alien device to the technician, pointing to its screen and saying that it contains the coordinates of a minor colony that the Venii request they send the team to. They still refuse to reveal the exact location of their homeworld, even to the Alliance headquarters on Heliopolis, and seem determined to keep the whereabouts of their major planets a secret for as long as possible. Whatever the case, the gate is dialed up for the coordinates listed on the storage device, and once the kawoosh stabilizes, Talbot gives the team the all-clear to proceed, reminding them to be on their best behavior for their friends from V'en. With a wry smile and a half-sincere pledge to do their best, Mitchell leads his three teammates through the event horizon.

A second later, SG-1 emerges from another stargate halfway across the galaxy, and what they see stops them in their tracks. Now the view pans from their astonished faces to whatever they're staring at, and an immense city of intricate, sleek buildings made of pure crystal and glinting metal comes into sight, a long silver walkway leading out onto the nearby lake where the gate sits on a raised, floating platform. Staring at the beautiful city before them, Vala mutters that if this is one of their "minor colonies," she can't wait to see what the Venii homeworld looks like. Finally recovering, Daniel mutters that this is a race that was in its golden age back just before the plague that decimated the Ancients hit; this might be one of their smaller worlds, relatively speaking, but its also probably been settled for centuries, if not millenia. Thinking that over, Eaton looks down and notes the odd ring shape carved into the floor they're standing on, wondering aloud if it means anything. Daniel, interested, bends down to examine the symbols on it, then jumps up when the circular paneling retracts and the hidden ring platform activates, whisking the team away in a bright flash of white light.

They reappear a moment later inside a chamber, complete with the same sleek lines of the Venii buildings, but this time made solely of metals and plastic alloys, not glimmering crystal. The walls are a dull purple mixed with gray, and Mitchell sarcastically remarks that he thinks they've been captured by the Covenant, or at least their biggest fans. Then the team turns around to see a Venii that they've encountered before; Salen, the commander of the cruiser they were aboard for a short time after they made first contact with his people. The avian inclines his head, saying that it is an honor to have SG-1 about his vessel, the Hyperion, a name which immediately piques Daniel's interest as the group leaves the ring room for the bridge.

Curious, Jackson asks how the name of the ancient Titan god of watching came to be in the Venii vernacular, and Salen explains that he was actually in command of an older warship until this one rolled out of spacedock three months ago. Being one of the fleet's senior captains, he was able to transfer over, and then had the pleasure of choosing his new command's name, one he chose from the cultural database Earth presented his government with upon making first contact. He thought the title was fitting for a ship that would lead scouting missions across the unfamiliar landscape of the changing galaxy, and he hoped it would also act as a sort of olive branch between the two races; there are some on both sides, he is sure, that are skittish about the agendas of each other's leaders, but Salen is very impressed with what the Tau'ri have done in a scant fifteen years, and is honored to be working with them now.

Several minutes later, a hyperspace window opens in deep space, and the Hyperion emerges, the small-for-its-class Venii cruiser coming to a halt just before the massive FTL relay (called a tial'non in their own language) sitting before it. Staring out the forward windows of the ship, Eaton gasps, having never seen one of the gargantuan space stations before. Smiling at his guest's reaction, Salen gives the order to activate the relay, and he explains to SG-1 that under normal circumstances, a command code must be sent from a Venii ship in order to activate the transport subroutine that allows instantaneous transit.

(Opening of "Hyperion," see next two posts for more.)
                      Last edited by s09119; 05 March 2010, 06:39 PM.

Comment

(More of "Hyperion," see previous post for opening and next post for end.)

Spoiler:
                        In the case where the team inadvertently transported an entire Der'kal fleet from inside one of the then-unknown structures ("The Station"), it was a simple test firing to keep the circuitry in good working order that saved them. Ever since, the Venii government has disabled that effect, to prevent any more alien invaders popping into their colonies unexpectedly.

And then, with the relay's massive arms fully extended and its entire superstructure flashing with light, its FTL accelerator fires, and in a blinding flash of light, the Hyperion vanishes. A moment later, though, on the other side of the Milky Way, an identical space station pulses with a tremendous flash, and the ship reappears, and immediately shakes violently as explosions erupt against its defenseless hull. Vala is tossed into a console and cries out in pain, Daniel managing to catch her she hits the deck, and Mitchell and Eaton find themselves thrown to the wall. No one knows what's going on, but it can't possibly be good.

The view switching to outside, the Venii cruiser, itself reminiscent of Asgard designs, albeit more compact, is taking heavy fire from a ring of Aschen battleships. The Confederation frontline vessels, although blocky and crude in terms of design, still pack a formidable punch with all their flak cannons and missile tubes, and their initial salvo seems to have knocked their adversary's shield generator out, as the Hyperion drifts helplessly, its own main weapons more attempting to intercept incoming kinetic slugs than inflict any real damage on the enemy. While the relay station powers down behind it, the cruiser fires up its sublight engines and tries to maneuver out of a sitting duck position, but there are already a few deep gashes in its hull, and without any shields, there's little hope that it can survive much longer.

While his ship is ripped apart, Salen is trying to come up with a viable strategy on the bridge; Venii tactics are all about speed, stealth, and agility, not brute force or superior defenses. And right now, they're in plain sight and barely able to move, not helping things along whatsoever. As the vessel lurches horribly to one side, Vala shouts that maybe they should try getting out of sight then, and Salen slowly nods, acknowledging that if they can get some momentum and cloak, the Aschen won't know where to fire and they might have a chance to effect repairs in relative safety. And finally, the cloaking generators engage, and the entire craft shimmers out of view. A few stray flak guns land a hit or two more, but after that, the sublights carry the Hyperion too far for random shots in the dark to be successful, and slowly but surely, the enemy battleships cease fire.

On the bridge of the lead Aschen cruiser, Borren (the second official sent to negotiate with Earth in "2001") stares curiously out at the suddenly-empty space before him. Striding to the window, he correctly deduces that these "Venii" have a great aptitude for cloaking technology, a strength he did not anticipate when he was sent to this space station. Not wanting to waste any ammunition by firing blind, Borren instead orders his men to set all their weapons for automatic discharge, set to attack the nanosecond their sensors pick up the enemy ship. If they try and de-cloak and enter hyperspace or activate their station, he will ensure that their attempts are in vain. Satisfied, he gives command to a subordinate and leaves, heading to his quarters to report back to his superiors.

A few kilometers away, the bridge on the Venii ship is a vastly different scene, with sparking consoles, crewmembers tossed about like rag dolls, and various viewscreens full of static. Standing at a computer bank, Salen is attempting to reroute power from secondary priorities to primary ones, in an effort to get some weaponry back to full strength. SG-1, meanwhile, stands off to the side, feeling utterly useless with all this alien technology and no Samantha Carter to figure out a brilliant scientific solution. Glancing out the window at the Aschen formation looming menacingly nearby, Daniel astutely notes that they've fulfilled their mission criteria anyway; the Confederation is well-aware of the presence of the relay station, and now they know what it can do, as well.

Satisfied that he's gotten as much juice as he can flowing again, Salen returns to his command chair and clicks angrily. Turning to his pilot, he orders the relay primed for immediate activation for transit out of here, and to ensure that it's kept ready to get them out of here at a moment's notice. As the gigantic station lights up and begins raising its massive arms in preparation, Mitchell says that having it won't really do them much good with the Aschen parked right there ready to finish the job once they de-cloak to make the jump; even with the transport systems ready for firing, they have no shields and severe hull damage, and the odds of them surviving for more than a few seconds are practically zero. But regardless, Salen points out that they can't just sit here indefinitely, and their adversaries are doubtless calling for reinforcements right now. They need to get out while they still can, and he orders the Hyperion to align for transit.

The ship maneuvers into place, and everyone holds their breath, praying for success, when Salen has the cloak dropped and the FTL accelerator switched online. But just as the Venii craft begins to shimmer back into view, the Aschen targeting systems pick them up and open up with everything they have, pummeling the warship's mid-section. The relay's primary systems begin their final firing sequence, but just before it activates, the enemy attacks shred through the Hyperion's center, blasting the front clean off and knocking the two halves away from the station, taking them out of the transit radius just as it fires.

Inside, dozens of alarms begin blaring, and power flickers in and out sporadically as backup generators attempt to compensate for the loss of half the vessel. As more flak cannon bursts slam into the hull, Salen has the cloak re-engaged (thankfully, it lies in the back half of ship, along with the bridge and vital systems like shields and engines), and has his crew limp what remains of his cruiser back to a safe distance, out of sight and out of harm's way again.

Picking herself up for what seems like the hundredth time today, Vala insists that it's time they came up with a new plan besides simple cozy up to the nearest alien transporter and make themselves a target, since that clearly isn't working. Mitchell immediately tells her to zip it, not wanting to anger their potential allies, but Salen is already nodding in agreement; the Aschen battleships are more advanced than they look, more-than-likely thanks to the Der'kal lending them technology to vastly improve their weapons and targeting systems when they were working together. Staring out at the front half of his vessel drifting helplessly near the relay, the Venii commander turns to SG-1 and asks them if they have any ideas, given their experiences with these enemies.

Thinking it over, Daniel mentions that the Aschen aren't a people well-suited to space combat, as they prefer plans that take time to mature, leaving no room for their quarry to escape its fate. They could use this to their advantage, as their greatest advantage will be striking in a way out of the ordinary, something that comes quick, fast, and hard. To other humans and Venii, a sneak attack would be easy to rebound from, but for Aschen, it's almost a debilitating blow, as they simply don't have a culture or worldview that prepares them for decisive action. Nodding, Mitchell adds that all the IGSC mission reports dealing with the Confederation report that they have to be the slowest-to-respond adversaries out there, and a sudden change in tactics can leave them stunned for far longer than others. If they can do something completely unexpected, and do it with enough force to make a difference, they could have their way out. And as she follows Salen's gaze out at the other half of the Hyperion, Eaton says she just might know what that unexpected trick might be.

Back on Earth, Talbot is in her office at the new ISGC going over a folder full of documents stamped with a number of official seals. As she mutters to herself about one provision or another, she hears a knock at the door and looks up, seeing Colonel Taylor standing there, his duffel bag of belongings still hanging from his shoulder. Motioning for his friend to stay seated, David picks up one of the papers she's looking at and asks what all this is for, since it doesn't look like an SG team's mission report. Taking a break from her editing, Talbot explains that she's been trying to organize a real, tangible proposal for her effort to reform the Alliance of Great Races into a true interstellar government, as it's been all talk up until now. But with the Der'kal gone and the galaxy finally looking at its first time of peace in centuries, she thinks she has a shot to make it work.

Of course, she admits that it won't be easy. She'll need the authorization of the decision-making bodies of each race currently in the Alliance, and that means overcoming the Traditionalists in the Jaffa Senate, a small but vocal group of Tok'ra who worry about their species declining to near-extinction again, the inherent isolationism of the Venii, and the "Earth first" groups among the Tau'ri. Even with the United Nations behind her for once, it seems like she's just traded one set of opponents for a more vastly threatening one. But Taylor assures her that everyone here as the utmost respect and confidence in her abilities, and he for one is positive that if anyone can make this work, it'll be Danielle Talbot. Smiling, said Doctor thanks him for the vote, but this time, she's not too certain that she's in a battle she can win.

On the Hyperion, Eaton is outlining her idea to a Venii engineering group, who look on with wary eyes at this human plan. Rebbecca, walking with the rest of her team down a hallway in the bowels of the craft, explains that they ultimately need to do something completely unexpected, and what could be more unexpected than the sliced-off half of their cruiser to suddenly begin opening fire on the Aschen ships? From what she knows of Venii ship design, the primary systems are incredibly redundant, meaning that fire control systems are located both in the central computer core and near the batteries themselves. If that's the case, all they'd need to do is ring over to the other half, patch up any damage the weaponry may have sustained, and begin bombarding the enemy vessels manually. While they're preoccupied with that, the back half of the cruiser can make its way to the relay and escape, and they'll be home free.

Impressed, Vala says that that just might have a chance at working, and the group rounds a corner into the aft section's ring room, where Salen is waiting for them, nodding to the engineers to get ready to transport over with the humans for potential damage control work. All of them, SG-1, the engineers, and their command, gather on top of the platform, and a nearby officer keys in the code for activation... but nothing happens, and the keypad just beeps in defiance. Confused, Mitchell asked what happened, but Daniel thinks he knows, given the state of the other half of the ship, and guesses that the control crystals for the second platform were damaged in the explosion. Until they're replaced, they won't be able to transport over, and it looks like Eaton's ingenious scheme is dead in the metaphorical water.

Comment

(End of "Hyperion," see previous two posts for beginning.)

Spoiler:
                          Luckily, though, Commander Salen has an idea of his own; they have a few small transports in the hanger bay, all with cloaking generators, and they could use them to shuttle over to the severed portion of the cruiser to complete the mission. They'll have to cut down the number of engineers due to less space, but it should still work out fine. And if they bring along spare control crystals, they can repair the rings on the other end and kill two birds with one stone. Mitchell's a tad uncomfortable riding a small, shieldless ship out in the open, even if it is rendered invisible, but he eventually relents and lets Salen guide them to the fighter bay a few decks down.

And a short time later, a small Venii vessel a bit larger than a puddle jumper lifts off in a spacious hanger and cloaks, slipping silently out into space and making for the derelict bow of the Hyperion. In the cockpit of the miniature transport, Vala looks out at a passing Aschen battleship, gulping as they swoop underneath one of its massive flak cannons scanning the area for any sign of its hidden adversary. Growing a little uneasy herself, Eaton asks Salen to clarify just how much confidence the Venii have in their stealth systems, and the alien commander clucks in a strange, chuckle-like manner, responding that he is certain the Confederation's rather primitive (by comparison) sensors will not detect them.

Showing his own skills as a pilot, Salen loops the transport past floating debris from the battle earlier and hits a remote activator for the bow's own hanger door, easing his smaller craft inside and pressurizing the chamber so he and SG-1 can get to work. He warns the team that once they begin powering up the systems on this side of the ship, the Aschen will likely start firing on them immediately, detecting the activity, and so they'll need to move quickly. The shield generator is on the back half of the vessel, so they'll be completely defenseless once the enemy opens up on them. To speed things up, he recommends they split up; Vala and Jackson will go and repair the ring platform, Mitchell and Eaton will take a pair of engineers and head to the main battery control room to restore basic power, and he will take the remaining two engineers to the main weapons themselves and ensure they're ready to fire. With no objections from SG-1, they all disembark from the transport, flip on their flashlights, and strike out into the ship.

As they make their way along to the bow's ring room, Vala glances around at the corpses of the Venii crew scattered about, and she mutters that apparently the bulkhead doors didn't seal shut in time to save many lives. Nodding, Daniel notes that they're really lucky this half of the cruiser got repressurized at all, given the massive chunks that got ripped out of it in the skirmish earlier. Still, Vala can't stand seeing this many dead beings of any species, and she's genuinely sorry that they died so that the rest of them might live. These are a people who wanted nothing to do with the affairs of the rest of the galaxy, and yet they volunteered to scout a dangerous possible foothold on behalf of those that could turn out to be enemies as easily as friends.

Nodding, Daniel remarks that the secrets the galaxy holds never cease to amaze him, from long-dormant superweapons to hidden new races just waiting to be discovered. And even if this mission went horribly, horribly wrong, they can't ever lose sight of the larger picture; they dug up the stargate to go out and find incredible new worlds, and that's exactly what they're going to do until there's nothing left unfound.

But either way, they manage to wind their way toward their destination, and Vala gets to work switching out control crystals while Jackson radios Mitchell to report that they should be done in just a few minutes. Hopefully, their work will be quick and simple, and they can re-establish a speedy way out should things go wrong.

On the opposite side of the wreck, closer to the very front of the ship, Cameron responds that his own group is about to reach their target as well, using their engineer guides to slip through several shortcuts that bypass corridors still open to space. Stumbling over a console jutting out from the wall, Eaton swears, saying that it would be great to get more than emergency power going. Serious, Mitchell yanks the door to the room they need open, and reminds the Major that the second they flip on the big switch, they're going to have flak cannons all over them, so they'll have to just deal with stubbed toes for a little while longer. Glaring at him, Rebbecca escorts their two engineers into the fire control chamber, setting up small portable lamps so they can check for damage to the targeting systems.

Almost at once, it becomes apparent that there's an issue; the power conduits leading up a deck to the tri-barreled ion cannon that acts as the ship's primary forward battery are all fine, save the ones that carry the charge for automatic firing arcs. Without them in working order, manual targeting is the only option, and Mitchell reluctantly radios Salen to deliver the bad news. Eaton asks the Venii engineers if they can fix this, but they solemnly reply that their conduits are designed to be separate and not interchangeable, to ensure that potential saboteurs can not cross wires and short out or overload the system. Given the extent of the damage, they simply don't have the supplies to get the targeting program back up quickly, and the Aschen have no doubt called for reinforcements.

And with typical SG-1 luck, the Hyperion bridge radios them at that moment to inform them that they're detecting multiple hyperspace windows opening nearby. Back on the rear half of the vessel, the crew watches helplessly as two more enemy battleships arrive, this time escorting one of the Der'kal interdictors lent to them by their allies. To pull such a valuable craft off the frontlines must mean the Confederation is serious about taking their Venii intruders hostage, and they're pulling out all the stops they can to try and capture them.

Still in the fire control room, Mitchell throws up his hands in defeat; they can't fight off this many ships, and without targeting controls, they can't even fight back at all. That is, until Salen radios in that he's sending his own engineers back to join SG-1, and orders the human team to get to the ring room in preparation to transport back to the Hyperion as soon as he tells them to. Shocked, Cameron asks him what he thinks he's doing, and the alien commander replies that this mission has taught him nothing if not that his people can no longer afford to work alone in the galaxy... and that while the four humans he has come to respect may not be expendable, he certainly is. He will stay at the manual control terminal and fight off the Aschen as best he can, buying the time for the rest of the ship to activate the relay station and escape back to safety. And if SG-1 refuses to go, he will gladly order his engineers, well trained in Venii martial arts, to forcibly take them back, as he's not willing to sacrifice any more lives than he has to.

Reluctantly, Mitchell finally thanks Salen for doing this, but the alien merely responds by thanking him, pointing out that in these last few hours, he has learned so much more about humanity than he ever thought, even more than they probably thought they were teaching him. He sees now why their names so rally the galaxy to greatness, and he will gladly lay down his life for their own. And with that, he takes up his place at the main terminal, typing in the command code to power up the generator, and tells the others to get back to the ring room now, while they still can.

In the span of a few seconds, several things happen at once; the FTL relay comes online and prepares for activation as the rear half of the Hyperion sends the proper password and decloaks, pushing its engines as fast as it can toward the mammoth station, the forward section of the ship, its weapons already aimed into the heart of the Aschen formation, opens fire, blasting away with its ion cannons, and the Confederation ships themselves return fire with their flak cannons, trying to hit the escaping bridge-carrying portion of the vessel but missing as it slips behind its severed bow. A ring transmission briefly flashes between the two halves as SG-1 and the Venii engineers flee, and then the back of the Hyperion vanishes in a blinding burst of light, as the relay activates and transports them to safety.

But in the bowels of the remnants of his cruiser, Commander Salen of the Venii Conclave stands at attention at his terminal, not wavering in his final duty as flak bursts tear apart the last few meters between him and cold vacuum. And up to the instant his last bit of sanctuary is vaporized, he fulfills his promise with aplomb, ripping apart two Confederation battleships seconds before the end...

Some time later, though, SG-1 is returning through the stargate to Earth, Danielle Talbot already there to greet them. Handing each of them a steaming mug of coffee, she explains that the Venii government sent her an appraisal of how their mission went, and, oddly enough, a request to begin the formal process of integration into the Alliance of Great Races. Curious, she adds that wouldn't say what changed their minds about the whole idea, only that the testimony of the crew of the Hyperion made them finally decide that the other peoples of the Milky Way were worth fighting and dying for. In reply, though, the team just stares back at her, all of them reflecting on the wrecked ship and its doomed captain, sacrificing himself for people he had no reason to protect.

Nodding, Jackson finally speaks, remarking that there was a time when Earth could turn a blind eye to the suffering of the Jaffa or the Tok'ra without a second thought, but the Venii, fearful as they are of breaking their self-imposed isolationism, they risked it all for strangers, and many paid the ultimate price for it. He adds that it's almost funny, how the most-human of beings can come from those farthest from humanity, a sentiment the others all gladly echo.

Then, Colonel Taylor comes down the stairs, the stargate already dialing up the Beta Site so he can finally go back to his old life. Talbot wisely leads Mitchell, Jackson, and Vala away, giving Eaton a few moments alone with her one-time superior again. Smiling, David salutes her, saying that he'll certainly miss having her around, but Rebbecca promises to come and visit whenever she can. She steps forward and gives him a long, tender hug, thanking him for shaping her into the woman she is today, the sort of father-figure she never had. Taylor hugs back, affirming that she'll always be welcome at his table, then picks up his duffel bag and watches the kawoosh stabilize, not looking back before walking through the event horizon, leaving Eaton to head after her new family; SG-1.
                          Last edited by s09119; 14 May 2010, 08:17 PM.

Comment

Season 16:

16x01 "Hyperion" (1/2/3)
                            16x02 "Believers" (1/2/3)
                            16x03 "The Forerunners" (1/2/3)
                            16x04 "Shol'va" (1/2/3)
                            16x05 "Mind Games" (1/2/3)
                            16x06 "Ashes to Ashes" (1/2/3)
                            16x07 "Paragon" (1/2/3)
                            16x08 "Convictions" (1/2/3/4)
                            16x09 "Labyrinth" (1/2/3)
                            16x10 "In Purgatory's Shadow" (Part 1 of 2) (1/2/3)
                            16x11 "Shadow Dancing" (Part 2 of 2) (1/2/3)
                            16x12 "Animus" (1/2/3)
                            16x13 "GateWorld" (1/2/3)
                            16x14 "Original Sin" (1/2/3)
                            16x15 "Armistice" (Part 1 of 2) (1/2/3)
                            16x16 "Sui Generis" (Part 2 of 2) (1/2/3)
                            16x17 "Dual" (1/2/3)
                            16x18 "Forgotten" (1/2/3)
                            16x19 "The Looking Glass" (1/2/3/4)
                            16x20 "Epilogue"* (1/2/3/4)

* Series finale
                            Last edited by s09119; 06 May 2011, 04:54 PM.

Comment

An excellent start to what I think will be an excellent final season.

Nice to see that the Venii are getting more involved in galactic affairs.

Unfortunately I can't give you any green for it.
                              sigpic

Comment

Sweet start to season 16 =)
                                Sorry I havent been arond much school's been busy. Anyways for your EATG I was half expecting a "wrath of khan" whhen I saw the name
                                This isn't Atlantis?
                                I don't think so.
                                If this is not the Lost City…then where is it?

SGU= Awesome Eli is so me =P

Comment

Working...
                                X