Chicago Creation 09

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by GateMark View Post
    My son BRODIE also had a great time. Rachael got a little flirty with him, which he ate up!!!!

He was the kid that asked JOE for an memorable Jason Mamoa story, and JOE told him he was too young to hear it!!!!!
    really? I don't know about you but I certanly want to know that story now!

for those of who I didn't get to meet I was the one in the Capt. America shirt that asked Rachel about "that" outfit and Paul about the house in Dog's Breakfast (plus a few other foot-in-mouth moments )

Originally posted by Dr,jackson View Post
    for the people asking for my vid you can find it here
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x8J6uGtohlc
    I loved that video! that was awesome (so were all the others) and it made me wish that I had cool video skillz like you

It's Complicated Butterflies and Hurricanes

Comment

Oh, if anyone was interested in catching my video again (it was the one shown after the auction on Sunday afternoon) here's a link.

Comment

I just finished uploading my best pics to the Gateworld server, so I think they'll show up on the main site reasonably soon.

There's way more, though, maybe I'll post some more of the ones that didn't make the cut on here as well?

I'll respond to the personal messages later, gotta run off to meet my boss.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Dr,jackson View Post

for the people asking for my vid you can find it here
          http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x8J6uGtohlc

and I wanna thank everyone for making this con perfect!

jules
          Originally posted by spork67 View Post
          Oh, if anyone was interested in catching my video again (it was the one shown after the auction on Sunday afternoon) here's a link.

Both vids were excellent! Thanks for the links. Speaking of which I have a question for anyone really. I think I missed one of the vid presentations...I thought there was one scheduled after the Paul/Rachel panel but then they had something else so I went to line up for photo ops and by the time I was back ....they had already done it I guess ??

Does anyone recall if anything was played between then and the audience participation discussion ?

Comment

Originally posted by LJR02 View Post
            Both vids were excellent! Thanks for the links. Speaking of which I have a question for anyone really. I think I missed one of the vid presentations...I thought there was one scheduled after the Paul/Rachel panel but then they had something else so I went to line up for photo ops and by the time I was back ....they had already done it I guess ??

Does anyone recall if anything was played between then and the audience participation discussion ?
            I think after Paul and Rachel they had David come up with someone else from here and talk about stuff on the site and take audience questions.

It's Complicated Butterflies and Hurricanes

Comment

Originally posted by Courtam3 View Post
              WOW I am happy you did get yours. I had three pics to wait for and gave up about 9:30 I had been standing in line for 2 and a half hours with no movement I had to work yesterday and I start at 7:30 I could not do it anymore it had been a long weekend.

Hope they turned out great!
              The wait was worth it, to me. The pictures turned out great!

I am finally home and very tired. Must get to bed early tonight because I have to work at 8:00AM tomorrow.

Thanks to everyone for a good con!!

Comment

Originally posted by David View Post
                Paparazzi!!
                OMG David that is priceless. You always get the best stuff...thanks for sharing.

My goodness, it's been a while hasn't it? Sorry for my prolonged absence from Gateworld (if anyone even noticed?). School had something to do with that, a bit. But I am now graduated, licensed and have no more excuses.

Chicago was a blast as per usual. Thanks to all the usual suspects for the awesome time that was had. That picture is great Celandine, do you mind if I snurch? I completely forgot my little digital camera that I use for snapping pics like this at home and thus am now dependent on others for pictures of the weekend shenanigans.

It was so awesome to be at the con for more than one day this year, I really hope to make it again next year, even if the weekend is no longer the same weekend (my birthday weekend) and the hotel is no longer the same (808 *SNIFF*), I know it will still be a blast because it's all about the people, not the location.

And last but certainly not least, my utmost thanks, gratitude and love to the most awesome friend in the world, I couldn't ask for a better person to be my most bestest friend and I am truly blessed to have you in my life, Switch42 I love you with all my heart. Thank you for everything.

And yes, before you ask I will, eventually, post my Michael photo op. For those of you that are confused, you soon will not be. And for those of you that are confused, yes I am still over the moon, as it were. I am going to do laundry and try not to collapse from exhaustion. Still trying to catch up on my sleep from the weekend. Darn flight was two hours late Sunday. Grrrrr......

"Oh honey you just can't seem to walk into a room quietly can you?" -Michael Shanks Chicago Con 08

The Universe is Mad
                Photobucket

Comment

Originally posted by MajorSamFan View Post
                  Hey - it was great to see/meet some of you this weekend.

Just an FYI - remember I posted how sad I was not to win those 2 gold passes on eBay a couple weeks ago. NO ONE sat in those seats all weekend, so I reported to eBay that I thought the seller had used another account to increase the bid.

I guess I was being a little vindictive, but that's just "not on" as my British friends say. If they didn't want to accept less than they paid for them, they should have set a higher minimum than $200.

They *could* have gotten some of their money back, and I could have had good seats instead of sitting in the "back forty" as my Texas parents would call it. Instead, we both lost. Either that, or someone paid $835 for tickets they then didn't use.
                  Every Creation I've attended I've seen empty gold seats. Yeah, it's a lot of money out the window but sometimes it's health or family issues, etc. Or a job loss and then, you can't afford the rest of the con.

Comment

What more can I say than what everyone else has reported on. I had a really great time. I must admit to some highs and mediums. The mediums were partly due to being cranky, already seeing all the guests and no photo ops that I LOVE – with the exception of the Amanda one. At least everyone is smiling in that one and I don’t look like I’m doing one thing & everyone else is doing something else.

I did have a blast trying to move Gary Jones’ legs in Starhole 1.5 - even though my DVD it is not working on my work computer. It better work when I get home.

My first karaoke experience with ~Sarah~ was absolutely fantastic and to think I was thinking of not getting up from my nap. I’m really glad that you “met a girl cute as can be”. Not to mention watching Connor join in the singing. He also told me that he still believes the State song was sexual.

I also really enjoyed the one bottle of red & one bottle of white – wine & cheese “party” with Rachel. And no I did not molester her. She really was very warm. More on that later.

I did miss that the lobby parties never really happened although we had great time just hanging out. I do have to thank DJGirl and her sister for the beer. It tasted great at 2:00 in the morning (at least that’s what time I think it was) while Ted was still working on the jpegs. I did supply him with alcohol.

I’ll have save my thank yous for later. It’s time to leave work & get something to eat.

Who knows, may I'll post some pics this time.
                    sigpic
                    Lets Go Red Wings

Comment

Originally posted by David View Post
                      Paparazzi!!
                      LOL
                      My View From The Peanut Gallery

Comment

My photo op with Amanda

Spoiler:
                        My LJ: http://nikki-dichotomy.livejournal.com
                        Twitter: http://twitter.com/nikki9696

Comment

Originally posted by nikki_6969 View Post
                          My photo op with Amanda

Spoiler:
                          http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v197/kaeli/ConPics/Stargate%202009/AmandaPhotoOp2009.jpg
                          Awwww that's awesome!

My photo op with Connor:
                          Spoiler:

Comment

Since we're sharing photo ops....here's my photo op with Michael...

Spoiler:

"Oh honey you just can't seem to walk into a room quietly can you?" -Michael Shanks Chicago Con 08

The Universe is Mad
                            Photobucket

Comment

Originally posted by spork67 View Post
                              You did an amazing job on that vid, Spork!!
                              sigpic
                              Sig made by me

Comment

Originally posted by DJgirl View Post
                                You did an amazing job on that vid, Spork!!
                                Thank you so much. I was so sure by Sunday that I didn't win, so when they called my name I was completely shocked.

Comment

Working...
                                X