No announcement yet.

Joe Flanigan/John Sheppard Thunk Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Of course today of all days my comp decides to be super slow!
    I'm not teasing. I will tell all...I just don't want to get into trouble for having posts that go on for a whole page!

Projects.
    He said he has a few things in development, but it takes a long time and some days it's working and some days it's not. Has a project in line with Jace but with the economy the way it is it won't be anytime soon. Along the lines of either a Vegas/Stargate style of show or a cross between The Rockford Files and Men in Black. Both of which would be very, very cool!
    I didn't get a chance to ask him about that movie he might have coming out in January.
    He knows that people want to see him on screen again but he doesn't want, as he put it, "to put my face out there just to put my face out there." He doesn't want a guest shot or even a recurring guest role as that would be step backwards and he wants to move forward. Which makes sense. At the same time he will do a role if the character is interesting enough and if it moves the story along. He did have comments aboutWH13 which I will tell you later.
    He did say he was up for a show, but would not divulge which one. But right now it is not doing well, so that was probably for the best. He said when once there would have been a tier, say, of 5 guys, him among them, all up for the same kind of roles now there are 30. Jobs are hard to find in this climate right now.

I need a drink. How am I doing so far?
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ladyofshalott View Post
      I'm not teasing. I will tell all...I just don't want to get into trouble for having posts that go on for a whole page!

Projects.
      He said he has a few things in development, but it takes a long time and some days it's working and some days it's not. Has a project in line with Jace but with the economy the way it is it won't be anytime soon. Along the lines of either a Vegas/Stargate style of show or a cross between The Rockford Files and Men in Black. Both of which would be very, very cool!
      I didn't get a chance to ask him about that movie he might have coming out in January.
      He knows that people want to see him on screen again but he doesn't want, as he put it, "to put my face out there just to put my face out there." He doesn't want a guest shot or even a recurring guest role as that would be step backwards and he wants to move forward. Which makes sense. At the same time he will do a role if the character is interesting enough and if it moves the story along. He did have comments aboutWH13 which I will tell you later.
      He did say he was up for a show, but would not divulge which one. But right now it is not doing well, so that was probably for the best. He said when once there would have been a tier, say, of 5 guys, him among them, all up for the same kind of roles now there are 30. Jobs are hard to find in this climate right now.

Doing fine! Keep going...
      Member of The Sisterhood of the Pantster Fan Fic Writers
      Sigs by Csom, Luci and Pip2

Comment

Projects.

Fab fab fab
        Up for a show how interesting hhmmmmmm

Sounds about right with the limited roles especially as reality TV takes over more and more. You would think with the amount of channels worldwide there would be a lot more for them
        sigpic

Comment

Oh, I really like The Rockford Files/Men In Black idea!

Comment

But would we have him in a suit or more of a Vegas Shep style???
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by AlbinoMonkeyC View Post
              I'm off, gotta make dinner!!

Bye ya'll!! *hugs all thunkers*
              *huggles*

See ya!

Originally posted by lunnybunny View Post
              *grumbles about being kicked out AGAIN*

*kicks GW*

Bye AMC and Pocus

Projects.

You are doing great, luv!

His projects all sound interesting! I really hope he finds the perfect role! Seems like he is very determined to play a great character in an interesting show/movie....*crosses fingers for him*
              My absolutely amazing sigs are by the very talented CazzBlade, scifan, Susanne, Fainne, Gate Medic, kali1, Pandora, AddyQ, Pic, csom, Stef, Spacemonkey_J., Icarium, Donna Booth, Rachel-Kree, Jill, Torri,
              Achaja, LiliJ, Kazbaby, Dr. Jackson, Maccie, Snowball, Camy, CKO and Luciana!!!

Comment

Originally posted by lunnybunny View Post
                But would we have him in a suit or more of a Vegas Shep style???
                Vegas Style! And the scruffier...the better!

Comment

THE COCKTAIL PARTY:
                  OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Do you have any idea how surreal it was to be sitting across a table from Joe Flanigan!!!!!!!!!!!! OMG! SQUEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!

Has anyone else talked about this? The women there, well, nearly half of them had done it before. So here I come, the newbie. I actually was the last one there because of my photo op with Paul. So I rushed to that room. Got there just a few minutes before Joe walked in. With the handler/timer, of course.

Let me set the scene:
                  A quiet room. Gold lights in little rows on the ceiling. A red carpet on the floor. A round table covered by a white tablecloth and adorned with a modest centerpiece and four flickering candles. I got the last vacant seat which just happened to be directly across from Joe.
                  *pauses a moment to stop the drool*

JOE:
                  You've seen the pictures. He had on a navy, slightly rumpled navy shirt with the sleeves rolled up to his elbows. Shirt was open, generously open as you've all seen. And there was a slight gap about halfway down. A little flash of Flan flesh! SQUEE! He had on jeans, and those flip-flops. That white braided wristband and another smaller one. Hair as you've seen. Gorgeously disordered, slightly short, but still fine. And the scruff. Oh my. I'm getting giddy just writing this! A watch on his other wrist.
                  He was very well spoken, very articulate. Seemed to be very relaxed. Nice. Actually interested in what we had to say. A good listener. Very animated when he speaks. Postures. Moves in his chair some. Arms folded. Hands under his folded arms. He folded his leg up over the other at one point. Knee up a while.
                  And let me tell you, my friends, until you' ve sat across from Joe Flanigan and watched him sip a beer, from a bottle, and then lick his lips...you have no idea! I swear my brain split in two! It made my toes curl since I couldn't squee. Part of me was tracking every motion, every detail for you. Part of me is keeping calm and participating in the conversation like it was just some guy.

Whew! I ran on a bit there.
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Suzieb View Post
                    Vegas Style! And the scruffier...the better!
                    Lol didnt he say at one con (Bedford?) that he liked the idea of a men in black kinda show but where they are like hired externally or something and are like broke or something I cant remember
                    sigpic

Comment

THE COCKTAIL PARTY:
                      OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Do you have any idea how surreal it was to be sitting across a table from Joe Flanigan!!!!!!!!!!!! OMG! SQUEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!

Has anyone else talked about this? The women there, well, nearly half of them had done it before. So here I come, the newbie. I actually was the last one there because of my photo op with Paul. So I rushed to that room. Got there just a few minutes before Joe walked in. With the handler/timer, of course.

Let me set the scene:
                      A quiet room. Gold lights in little rows on the ceiling. A red carpet on the floor. A round table covered by a white tablecloth and adorned with a modest centerpiece and four flickering candles. I got the last vacant seat which just happened to be directly across from Joe.

JOE:
                      You've seen the pictures. He had on a navy, slightly rumpled navy shirt with the sleeves rolled up to his elbows. Shirt was open, generously open as you've all seen. And there was a slight gap about halfway down. A little flash of Flan flesh! SQUEE! He had on jeans, and those flip-flops. That white braided wristband and another smaller one. Hair as you've seen. Gorgeously disordered, slightly short, but still fine. And the scruff. Oh my. I'm getting giddy just writing this! A watch on his other wrist.
                      He was very well spoken, very articulate. Seemed to be very relaxed. Nice. Actually interested in what we had to say. A good listener. Very animated when he speaks. Postures. Moves in his chair some. Arms folded. Hands under his folded arms. He folded his leg up over the other at one point. Knee up a while.
                      And let me tell you, my friends, until you' ve sat across from Joe Flanigan and watched him sip a beer, from a bottle, and then lick his lips...you have no idea! I swear my brain split in two! It made my toes curl since I couldn't squee. Part of me was tracking every motion, every detail for you. Part of me is keeping calm and participating in the conversation like it was just some guy.

Excuse me for a moment while I daydream
                      sigpic

Comment

THE COCKTAIL PARTY:

Let me set the scene:

JOE:

*faints*
                        sigpic

Comment

THE COCKTAIL PARTY:

Let me set the scene:

JOE:

Excuse me for a minute while go and get the mop so I can clean up the drool...*iz dead*

Just imagining him sipping from a beer bottle and then licking his lips...*THUD*

Comment

THE COCKTAIL PARTY:

Let me set the scene:

JOE:

Can I just say: SQUEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!

I LOVE the way you are describing it!!! Almost feel like I have been there!!!*weeeeeee*
                            My absolutely amazing sigs are by the very talented CazzBlade, scifan, Susanne, Fainne, Gate Medic, kali1, Pandora, AddyQ, Pic, csom, Stef, Spacemonkey_J., Icarium, Donna Booth, Rachel-Kree, Jill, Torri,
                            Achaja, LiliJ, Kazbaby, Dr. Jackson, Maccie, Snowball, Camy, CKO and Luciana!!!

Comment

Los - Im dead you have killed me
                              sigpic

Comment

He did the lip-licking a few times. I swear I thought I'd die! Happily.
                                He is long and lean...trim but in shape, if you know what I mean.
                                What was I talking about?
                                Oh. The chat was actually fascinating and funny, when we could divert the subject back to what we wanted to hear. No, it wasn't Joe's fault. It was someone else's, but I won't say more on that.
                                His insights about Atlantis and the workings of the television industry in general were really interesting. And the stuff he said about Atlantis. Wow.
                                Let's just say it was not as congenial a set as it had been in previous seasons. Or compared to the set of WH13. I'm not sure how much or how little to reveal here.

SGA MOVIE:
                                He said he knows the script has been written. The actors want to do it but haven't really been told anything. Except it will probably not be filming this year. Again, the economy. Even though the DVD sales of season 5 were the best of the whole series MGM doesn't seem to realize the fanbase out there.
                                So it's still up in the air, unfortunately.

He said he was frustrated that he was never given the chance to direct an episode. Like Michael and Amanda were. He mentioned some sort of Canadian requirement as to how many Canadians are employed on a production filming there and such...I can't quite remember the details. But he wanted to direct an episode both for the experience of doing it and to further his own career.

I better throw in a pic here to keep OT. Although since I'm talking about The Flan I seem to be very OT.

That's from my photo op. I cut the ugly part out.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X