No announcement yet.

Continuing Stargate

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

s09- like everyone else that reads your stories, I pretty much love them- writing style, details used, proper grammar, etc. Would you ever consider polishing them up and publishing them in book format as a series of short stories? I mean, as far as storylines go, you're completely set. But your stories may lack dialogue-wise in a book format. You could make dang good money doing that, and I'm sure I'd buy it, along with countless others.

Of course I'm getting ahead of myself at this point, but one book could be a season, made up of the 20-ish episodes as short stories about 10-15 pages long.

That's my two cents. IMO, it would be freakin' awesome.

PS: When's the next episode gonna be ready? I'm starving for Stargate!

Proud supporter of His holy BAGness!

Comment

AVFan, we have discussed this before in this thread, he is not geting them published.
      sigpic

My fan-fic, swedish outpost

Comment

even if he wanted to publish them he would have problems with ownership of the stargate franchise and all that kind of stuff. so unless the franchise says that he can publish them and make money with it, it is not going to happen.
        check my story's:
        Battlestar group 16
        and Under Siege
        and respond at:
        Battlestar group 16 (For BSG 16 and Under siege)
        my newest story:
        TFS Ticonderoga
        and respond at:
        TFS Ticonderoga

Comment

^That is what we agreed on.
          sigpic

Comment

which really sucks, because that just proves that the MGM and SG people are afraid of a little competition. I mean, hell, he could get a staff job, his stories are good enough. they are just afraid that he would pull attention away from them.

I dunno really though.
            Check out my music on Youtube and iCompositions.com

http://www.youtube.com/user/phildebrand2http://www.icompositions.com/artists/olympus/
            sigpic

Enjoy!

Comment

It's not that SG-18, it's the Copyright.
              He could get sued if he published them...
              sigpic

Comment

Except that there ARE Stargate novels...

Except that he'd have to get permission, and they won't just give anyone permission. Although the stories are great they don't exactly prove that he has the skill to write good novels.

Comment

does the der'kal have any religious beliefs?
                  Continuing Stargate
                  http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=50813

Stargate Universal Sin

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=67861

Stargate Dark Frontier
                  http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=71213

Uttara Kuru- Afterimage (proper theme for stargate)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5gPYc1boma8

Comment

Originally posted by Shinto-Male View Post
                    does the der'kal have any religious beliefs?
                    "Thou shalt kill all who are not Der'kal."

Comment

Originally posted by Jeffala View Post
                      I like that.

And the Der'kal are a secular people; they have no pantheon of gods or anything like that. They could have, thousands and thousands of years ago when they were in their home galaxy, but not now.
                      Click the banner or episode links to visit the virtual continuations of Stargate!
                      Previous Episode: 11x03 "Shore Leave" | Previous Episode: 6x04 "Nightfall" | Now Airing: 3x06 "Eldest"

Comment

Originally posted by Link Æwondåslåmon View Post
                        Except that there ARE Stargate novels...

Except that he'd have to get permission, and they won't just give anyone permission. Although the stories are great they don't exactly prove that he has the skill to write good novels.
                        Yeah.. I'm not exactly sure how that works because there are other non-canon Stargate stories published. But, I suppose if he doesn't want to, there's no reason to even debate permission and copyright laws.

Proud supporter of His holy BAGness!

Comment

MemberS of the SGU should run into the Furlings. Saw only once as a joke and it would explain what happened to them. Been on the ship or used the ninth chevron to get to an place unknown to us.
                          Jackson: This is a radio. It's so my friends can find me, and shoot you.

Comment

Originally posted by Jeffala View Post
                            green!
                            sigpic

Comment

yeah, that was what I was saying. SG franchise doesn't like to put competition out there unless they can get something out of it too, which is why the internet is great. I mean so9 could do expended stories online if he wanted.

But truth be told, I like this format cuz it is short. while having long stories does add something, haveing it in this summurized version allows me to make up the ialouge and stuff however I want.

Look at the discussion we had about what the der'kal looked like as an example of the differing views. Its like one of those stories where you can make your own decisions and they lead to different outcomes....

come to think of it, that'd be pretty cool actually.
                              Check out my music on Youtube and iCompositions.com

http://www.youtube.com/user/phildebrand2http://www.icompositions.com/artists/olympus/
                              sigpic

Enjoy!

Comment

15x17 "Pyrrhus" (Part 2 of 2)
                                Synopsis: Determined to stop the Der'kal once and for all, the Nox quietly step up to ensure the safety of the galaxy while SG-1 awaits a "B-team" break-out on Ankgor.
                                Spoiler:
                                ((45 second recap of "Lost and Found" and "Pride Before the Fall"))

On Velieris, the pastoral Nox homeworld that has so far been spared major incident in the war, a meeting of great importance is being held. On one of the massive floating city platforms that dominate the skies, a small group of Nox has gathered, consisting of the wisest and most-respected of their entire species. Sitting in a circle at the top of this particular city's tallest tower, the seven of them that have gathered mumble to one another quietly, waiting. After a moment, the door to the room opens, and their final member steps into sight; Lya, the female Nox who befriended the humans of Earth so long ago ("The Nox") and was instrumental in the formation of the Alliance itself ("Requiem, Part 1"). She takes a seat in the formation and places her hands in her lap, glancing around at the others appraisingly.

One of the other Nox begins by saying that the recent Der'kal visit to Chulak disturbs him on many levels, as their leader was actually able to coerce loyal allies into destroying a weapon that could have ended the war once and for all. Another nods, expressing doubt in this new Alliance they have forged, and asking the others if perhaps these races are still too young to be trusted with the guardianship of the galaxy. The Asgard expressed hope for the potential of humans, and as the descendants of the Ancients, they may be ready to step up to the task. But the others, these Tok'ra and Jaffa and all the other younger races... they do not have the same reccomendation.

Lya says that they're all judging their allies too harshly, and reminds them that the Nox were once just as clumsy and unsure of themselves as they tried to understand the vast universe around them. But that was millions of years ago, and therein lies the real issue she would like to discuss; they are the sole remaining members of the old Alliance, and the only ones left to carry on its dream. The Ancients allowed themselves to be beaten to extinction by the Wraith to save a galaxy ("Rising, Part 1"), the Asgard sacrificed themselves to ensure the defeat of the Ori ("Unending"), and the Furlings gave their lives to hold off the eventual Der'kal invasion of the Milky Way ("Shadows of the Past"). The Nox's legendary isolationism protected them for many millennia, but now they find themselves in the center of an interstellar conflict that has claimed the lives of millions, and really, they have yet to contribute nearly as much as the so-called "lesser" races of the Alliance.

When one of the others argues that the others have hardly done more, Lya points out that the Jaffa have lost billions of lives, particularly when the sprawling world of Ankgor fell to the enemy ("Total War"), the Tau'ri lost their homeworld and only colony ("Star By Star"), and the Tok'ra leadership has been thrown into chaos for over a year, not to mention repeated attacks on many of their outposts. In the meantime, what have the Nox really suffered besides a single incident almost three years ago ("Blue Zone")? Nothing! It is time they aided their friends in the fight for freedom, and Lya believes she has an idea that could end it once and for all.

While the Nox discuss their position in the war, Colonel Taylor is staring at the stargate in New York, thinking over how long SG-1 is now overdue for their check in. He pauses, then sighs and goes to leave, but the technician on duty suddenly exclaims that they have an incoming wormhole. Interested, Taylor orders their new iris to be closed and for the defense team to stand by. Everyone watches as the seven symbols lock into place as the portal comes online, but their tensions are greatly relieved when an IDC comes through from Heliopolis, with Alliance Intelligence's own tag on the code; high priority, indeed. The Colonel gives the order to have his men stand down, then goes down the gate room to meet their guest, and arrives just in time to see Jonas Quinn emerge from the event horizon, a small knapsack slung over his back and a worried look on his face.

Giving a cordial but quick greeting to the base's commander, Jonas gets right down to business, saying that he needs to speak with the heads of the Stargate Program immediately, citing a matter of galactic importance. Looking away, Taylor says that this isn't the best time to try and drag Sam or Danielle away from their jobs, and he goes on to explain the destruction of Pandora's Box at the hands of renegade Jaffa senators. Jonas, shocked, asks how in the world something like this could happen, but also acknowledges that it might be for the best in the long run. Just as the Jaffa themselves holding onto the Dakara device was too much of a risk ("Threads"), Earth having access to such a devastating weapon may have led chaos down the road. Either way, it doesn't change the fact that he still needs to speak with the proper people, and Taylor relents and grabs his radio.

Across the galaxy, SG-1 is still locked up on Vur'naa's cruiser in orbit high over Ankgor. Sitting in her cell, Eaton is trying to figure out if this is the one she was locked in before, searching around the the walls for where she claims she carved her name in with her combat knife. In his own little box, Mitchell is likewise examining his surroundings, but instead looking for a possible way to disable the energy field cutting him off from the corridor just a few centimeters away. Vala points out that they've studied Der'kal prisoner blocks before and know that there's no possible way to shut them down from the inside, but Cameron shoots back that it gives him something to do while they wait for Earth to mount some kind of rescue operation.

But Daniel isn't so sure that their friends are coming this time. After all, they're trapped above what is possibly the most heavily fortified planet for hundreds of systems around, surrounded by alien warships and as deep into enemy space as you can get. Any attempted break-out would be a suicide mission, and it's doubtless that Sam and Talbot know that. They won't be making any moves unless they see a way to come back alive, and that doesn't look very likely right now. Suddenly though, a clang is heard from down the hall, and the door to the prisoner block opens to reveal Vur'naa and his usual entourage of guards. Hanging his head, Mitchell sighs; this won't be fun.

Deactivating the cells, Vur'naa tells the team to get to their feet and prepare to move. He has managed to arrange for a grand ceremony in which he will present his esteemed prisoners to the Exarch himself, and his men are already in place to execute them by firing squad. The rewards for being the one to finally bring the legendary team down will be beyond imagination, and it's all finally within his reach. As he is yanked out of his hole by one of the alien warriors, Mitchell points out that they kind of let themselves be captured, as there's no way they would have gotten caught if they hadn't come here themselves. Frowning, Vur'naa tells Cameron not to ruin his moment, and reminds him that it will all be over soon anyway. Just a short walk down a few halls, a gunship ride to the surface, and that's it. After more than a decade of saving the galaxy, SG-1 is done for.

Back on Earth, Colonel Taylor, Colonel Carter, and Danielle Talbot are meeting in one of the rooms of the hotel that has been converted into a temporary ISGC in New York. Across the room from the three Tau'ri officials, Jonas is giving a run-down of recent information that has come into the hands of Alliance Intelligence indicating that SG-1's mission to Ankgor did not go as planned. A Tok'ra spy operating out of that system was apparently keeping tabs on all Allied missions into the area, and watched the team's actions carefully. They met with Vur'naa and took him back to their cargo ship in orbit, but something must have happened up there, because the latest news around the planet is that their favorite enemy commander is preparing to deliver a group of extremely-valuable prisoners to the Exarch for execution. Unless this is a coincidence, the team has probably found their way into an alien jail.

Taking this all in, Talbot asks if their Tok'ra friend has any way to break SG-1 out, but Jonas shoots down any hope of that when he reminds her that Tok'ra operatives train for secrecy and stealth; they'd never risk their assignment by brining heavy weapons or by storming into the headquarters of an enemy. And without a stargate, they really have no way to get on and offworld quickly and quietly, as the time it would take to borrow another cloak-able ship and fly it all the way there would be too long. But there might be another way, and Jonas proposes using an old tactic from the ISGC playbook; the Der'kal rarely go through the trouble of actually incinerating stargates on conquered worlds, instead simply burying them or letting their orbital bombardment do the work for them. In the case of Ankgor, the gate was trapped in liquefied naquadah, which hardened into a shell around it, much like the situation that occurred when Jack O'Neill was trapped on Edora twelve years ago (A Hundred Days").

Provided nothing is directly blocking an event horizon from being established, they should be able to use a particle accelerator to tear through the blockage on the Ankgor end and clear enough room to open a stable wormhole, allowing a small strike team to gate onto the planet and rescue SG-1. Talbot begins to say that it's too dangerous, but Sam immediately clears the mission, saying that she'll have the necessary paperwork put on hold until this is all resolved. Turning to Jonas, Carter thanks him for getting them this far, but he doesn't move; he wants to join the team that goes to help the others, and has already gotten clearance from Heliopolis to defer to Earth officials for the duration of this dilemma. Stepping between the two of them, Talbot says that she has yet to OK this entire thing, but upon seeing the look of determination in the others's eyes, she sighs and raises her hands in defeat. They can move out when ready, and she'll deal with their Jaffa prisoners in the interim.

A short time later, the stargate is dialed for Ankgor, and the particle accelerator from years before is once again set up, blasting away into the puddle as it clears debris from the other side. Off to the side, Jonas waits, suited up in an Intelligence field uniform consisting off a loose-fitting jumpsuit covered in pouches and straps to hold numerous knives, pistols, grenades, and various types of spy equipment. He looks up to see Carter enter from the other side of the room in traditional SG gear and a P90 in hand, checking her clip to make sure it's full. Surprised, he asks if Sam is coming along, to which she replies that this whole mess is personal, and there's no way she's sitting this out. Unfortunately, they don't really have a "special ops" division anymore since they're still putting the ISGC back together, but she has a volunteer who has a few "special" abilities of his own. In explanation, she jerks her thumb over her shoulder at Jason Carter, likewise pulling on a set of offworld gear. When Jonas asks how wise it is to bring a kid along, Jason, annoyed, says that he's almost twenty and hardly just a "kid," and besides that, can pack one Hell of a punch.

(Start of "Pyrrhus," see next few posts for more.)
                                Last edited by s09119; 23 June 2009, 08:40 PM.
                                Click the banner or episode links to visit the virtual continuations of Stargate!
                                Previous Episode: 11x03 "Shore Leave" | Previous Episode: 6x04 "Nightfall" | Now Airing: 3x06 "Eldest"

Comment

Working...
                                X