Creation Stargate Convention Vancouver - 27.04.-29.04.2012

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Creation Stargate Convention Vancouver - 27.04.-29.04.2012

From 4 to 3 days and without set tour. But it was fun and I love Vancouver, so I'm back 2012.
    *Vancouver Con Attendee 2006* *Vancouver Con Attendee 2007*
    *Vancouver Con Attendee 2008* *Vancouver Con Attendee 2009*
    *Vancouver Con Attendee 2010* *Vancouver Con Attendee 2011*

* Vancouver Con Attendee 2012 *

Originally posted by Lea View Post
    From 4 to 3 days and without set tour. But it was fun and I love Vancouver, so I'm back 2012.
    Wish I could do it. We administer a major test during the last week of April. So, I wouldn't be able to go
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Lea View Post
      Wish I could do it. We administer a major test during the last week of April. So, I wouldn't be able to go
      sigpic

Comment

Who will be the guests?

Comment

Originally posted by Ibn Rushd View Post
          Who will be the guests?
          Now that's anyone's guess!!! Won't know who the first will be for at least three months I'm guessing. If memory serves, the first guest or two have been announced around late August September time. For this year, guests were announced much later, closer to Christmas and New Year.

I'm hoping that Chris Judge will agree to appear again, and I finally get to meet that elusive last member of the original SG-1. Also hope there will be more SGU guests. They've got to get Brody and Volker, they are hilarious together on screen and off. And of course Louis Ferreira would make my day along with Chris Judge!

Comment

I would love to come again. - You see? The first time I don't say I won't come again only to reconsider this.

But, will I be able to come? No idea...
            sigpic

Comment

http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=150226648379612
              *Vancouver Con Attendee 2006* *Vancouver Con Attendee 2007*
              *Vancouver Con Attendee 2008* *Vancouver Con Attendee 2009*
              *Vancouver Con Attendee 2010* *Vancouver Con Attendee 2011*

* Vancouver Con Attendee 2012 *

Comment

Hey everybody, first post here but I've already got my ticket for the 2012 Vancouver convention (seat B12! sweet!) after having a blast this year at my first convention, especially after meeting Carson himself!

Anyway, I just got back from the Star Trek convention here in Vancouver and on the program it had a list of the upcoming conventions and the final entry was very disheartening. It was a listing for the 2012 Vancouver Stargate convention with the announcement "Our last trip through the gate in Vancouver. Don't miss it!"

Even though I've only just discovered how awesome the Stargate conventions are (it didn't hurt David Hewlett started chatting me up about the Canucks a couple times during the day - perhaps because I wore a Canucks hoodie all weekend), I don't want to see them come to an end, even though the franchise itself may not be in production.

So... this is a call to all of the Stargate fans who have no doubt they will continue to continue the party in Vancouver to let Creation know we do not want these conventions to die. So, let Adam know that Vancouver wants to continue going through the gate beyond 2012 and, if 2012 absolutely must be the Vancouver swan song, to make it the best ever.

After this year's convention, I had suggested Louis Ferreira and Robert Carlyle as potential guests and Adam replied that he's not sure if Robert is willing to do conventions but they will try to get Louis for sure but, in addition to that, what I would like to see is as many of the original SG-1 cast as possible; Michael Shanks, Amanda Tapping (I know her schedule with Sanctuary has prevented appearances of late), Chris Judge and the Richard Dean Anderson would be great guests for a final bash.

But let's convince Creation that the Mayan calendar stuff is all hype and to continue the con in 2013. I know that I will buy a ticket for 2013 barring a severe financial crisis. So, anyone else want to join the fight to keep the conventions alive?

Comment

What are the ticket prices because there's nothing listed on their site?

Comment

They'll likely be a bit higher when they go on general sale, but when they offered the tickets at this year's con, they were $399 for a Gold package.

Comment

Originally posted by Dr. Carson Beckett View Post

Anyway, I just got back from the Star Trek convention here in Vancouver and on the program it had a list of the upcoming conventions and the final entry was very disheartening. It was a listing for the 2012 Vancouver Stargate convention with the announcement "Our last trip through the gate in Vancouver. Don't miss it!"

How sad, but not a surprise to me....I expected next year's Vancouver to be the last - after the LA announcement I, and a few other friends, were waiting for this announcement...am very glad that the guys that are organising the Chevron's in the UK don't seem to be running out of steam yet....*crosses fingers*...

Hope you all have a blast at the last one.....shame I won't be there this time....just simply cannot do another April visit to Vancouver - the weather is just too crap and flights too darn expensive to make it worth my while now....

Deeds xx
                      sigpic
                      Thanks to slizzie1986 for signature
                      MSOL - Official Website of Michael Shanks

Comment

Hmm.... a girl can dream... but I won't hold my breath. Oh well, I hope the last one turns out great for those who can attend.
                        OregonJen

Thanks for the VanCon sig, Nathan!

Comment

What a shame, if this is the last. Typical, there weren't any conventions I could afford to go to when I still lived in the UK and now all the Stargate related cons seem to be there! I suppose Chicago and LA's are still going? Seems strange that there will be no more Stargate cons in the land of Stargate.

The good news is that I passed my Canadian citizenship test and the citizenship ceremony is on the 8th July. It means I can apply for a Canadian passport now and don't have to go through the extra hoops of crossing the land border into the US on a British passport! Unfortunately the lack of money will more than likely prevent me going to any more Stargate cons if there aren't any more in Vancouver.

Wow, end of an era of fun convention going, I'm going to miss chatting with everyone here on GW about coming to Vancouver, it will be a quieter place in April after 2012 that's for sure!

I really hope that they get Louis Ferreira too, watching him on the extras for the SGU DVD's just cracks me up, he's just so totally silly and fun loving, he would be fantastic on stage. That would be the icing on the cake for me after five years of convention going. Means I've met everyone I wanted to, apart from Chris Judge, and Robert Carlyle, I didn't think he would ever do conventions so accepted I'd never see him.

Comment

Originally posted by Krisz View Post
                            What a shame, if this is the last. Typical, there weren't any conventions I could afford to go to when I still lived in the UK and now all the Stargate related cons seem to be there! I suppose Chicago and LA's are still going? Seems strange that there will be no more Stargate cons in the land of Stargate.

The good news is that I passed my Canadian citizenship test and the citizenship ceremony is on the 8th July. It means I can apply for a Canadian passport now and don't have to go through the extra hoops of crossing the land border into the US on a British passport! Unfortunately the lack of money will more than likely prevent me going to any more Stargate cons if there aren't any more in Vancouver.

Wow, end of an era of fun convention going, I'm going to miss chatting with everyone here on GW about coming to Vancouver, it will be a quieter place in April after 2012 that's for sure!

I really hope that they get Louis Ferreira too, watching him on the extras for the SGU DVD's just cracks me up, he's just so totally silly and fun loving, he would be fantastic on stage. That would be the icing on the cake for me after five years of convention going. Means I've met everyone I wanted to, apart from Chris Judge, and Robert Carlyle, I didn't think he would ever do conventions so accepted I'd never see him.
                            Congrats on passing the Canadian citizenship test!

Comment

Originally posted by Dr. Carson Beckett View Post
                              Do you have a photo/scan of the program? Asked Adam about 2012 being the last Van con, and he said "don't believe rumors you hear in chat rooms".... I'm not saying that you're wrong or anything, just curious to see the program myself.

Also, as an FYI for everyone, Creation is no longer doing the montage prints (the small prints of the con banner with all the guests on it, that made for great autograph items) due to a "number of licensing issues" Asked about the lack of one in Vancouver this year and if Chicago would have one so I know how to plan my Chicago con.

Comment

Working...
                              X