How do you figure...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How do you figure...

How do you figure what planets get what address on the stargate dial pad?

~*~Long Live Anubis~*~
    sigpic
    A Serpent Guard, a Horus Guard and a Setesh Guard meet on a neutral planet. It is a tense moment. The Serpent Guard's eyes glow, the Horus Guard's beak glistens, the Setesh Guard's... nose drips.

It would make sense that the dialing program assigns an address, or the seed ship assigns. These addresses would then be relayed to Destiny for later use.

Comment

The address is based on where the gate is located, Each symbol connects a point to another.

Comment

Originally posted by escyos View Post
        The address is based on where the gate is located, Each symbol connects a point to another.
        In SG-1 and SGA yes. In SGU I would disagree.

Comment

Mmmkay. ^_^ Thank you all greatly.

~*~Long Live Anubis~*~
          sigpic
          A Serpent Guard, a Horus Guard and a Setesh Guard meet on a neutral planet. It is a tense moment. The Serpent Guard's eyes glow, the Horus Guard's beak glistens, the Setesh Guard's... nose drips.

Comment

Stargates have 39 glyphs (points in space) and support up to a maximum 9 chevron gate address...

Each of the 39 glyphs is a single point on a galaxy star map (planets, stars, a moon) which determine stargate address combinations.

Well, space as we know it is 3-D.

As Daniel explains, in Stargate the movie, to chart a course in any 3-d environment: 7 points needed TOTAL (6 points to chart a course of travel thru 3-D space, point 7 is the point of origin) = Gate Address!

We know Destiny was launched only after "Seed" ships had traveled long before it. The seed ship purpose: map the stars and seed stargates.

So, I believe the answer is this:

Stargate Address and Travel:

*Local travel within a single galaxy or any other localized stargate network requires a 7 chevron (of 39 glyphs) address.

*Long Distance: Connecting from 1 galaxy to another requires the use of an 8th chevron (of 39 glyphs) gate address...like dialing an area code for a long distance phone call.

* Destiny: This stargate utilized the 9th chevron. This may be due to the ships ever-changing position in space.

Comment

Another probie I'm not alone! ^_^

I understand what you are saying, but destiny (in my eyes) is way differentbthan the actual stargate. I, personally, do not like destiny. Destiny has different glyphs and different addresses.
              sigpic

Comment

Working...
              X