This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

new stargate design in a future show?

If they do have a reincarnation of stargate, should it come with a new gate style as well? if it does what would you like to see in its design. Ie, colour sceme and dieling method. even if you dont think there should be a new style, post what a stargate designed by you would look like. I think MW design with prple chevrons of an ida expedition series, or a black one with green or purole for a series were the ancients are aliv in a difrent galaxy. *its blck because it uses naquadria instead of naquada, thus alowing more stored energy and farther diel. im thinking lights up like PG gates to diel.

i think i'd keep them the same as the sg-1 gates.
    sigpic

Comment

I don't think there will be another series. If there is, it will probably be a reboot, only using the original film as it's foundation as SG-1 did back in 1997. I suspect the stargate design will be nearly identical to SG-1's or closer to the film's depiction.

Comment

Instead of lights on the chervrons, there should be bicycle horns, then, every time a chevron was encoded, it could make some sort of comedy noise!

Comment

Originally posted by Dazzle foot View Post
          Instead of lights on the chervrons, there should be bicycle horns, then, every time a chevron was encoded, it could make some sort of comedy noise!
          Now that would be cool! You know what'd also be cool; if it changed to a sketch comedy show like SNL and it's main star got changed to an unknown comedian who has no idea what a Stargate is. It'd be genuis.
          Back from the grave.

Comment

Originally posted by Zombies Rise from the Sea View Post
            Now that would be cool! You know what'd also be cool; if it changed to a sketch comedy show like SNL and it's main star got changed to an unknown comedian who has no idea what a Stargate is. It'd be genuis.
            Maybe something a bit like 'wormhole extreme'? Now that would be cool!!!

Comment

Make it look like the SG-1 gates but gold with purple chevrons.
              sigpic

Comment

actualy a wite gate with black chevrons would be cool for an ori themed gate. expeshallly with a fire looking event horizon instead of the puddle were used to

Comment

The wormhole will always be a puddle regardless of stargate cosmetics. However, I do like the concept of a black-and-white stargate.

Comment

Maybe something that looks more like a stone ruin like the rest of the Ancient artifacts they've discovered over the years. I always liked how the gate from SGU sounded like something out of Indiana Jones when it was dialing.

I think taking this concept and applying it to a gate would be cool:

The gate is made of stone (or naquadah) and the chevrons illuminate like the designs on that doorway.
                    Last edited by Aesop; 29 January 2012, 08:27 PM.

Comment

I like the idea of a white/cream/chrome Stargate, not sure about black chevrons. I imagine the Ori gate looked a lot like their version of the rings:

Comment

I really wanted to see an Ori stargate in Ark of Truth, but I accepted as a stargate when Adria arrived in flames.

I just mentioned it in an other thread that I imagined a "design your own stargate system" program. It would be nice to write it where the users could change the gate's and chevrons' colours on an empty gate model while the program could put glyphs on it if you draw signs in little boxes. It would be funny to see such a program. Try to imagine giraffe or zebra themed gates.
                        "I was hoping for another day. Looks like we just got a whole lot more than that. Let's not waste it."

"Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment."

"Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."

Comment

I suspect the Ori stargates would have looked more or less the same, but white with Ori symbols etched everywhere. I wonder, what color would the chevrons be, a glowing white, brighter than the metallic white of the gate?

Comment

I could imagine a white-greyish Ori gate with black chevrons and black glyphs. And the chevrons' form could be the main Ori form. But they could build such things only if they could capture an ascended Ancient who wanted to lurk back to their galaxy.

:fanfiction starts:
                            "I was hoping for another day. Looks like we just got a whole lot more than that. Let's not waste it."

"Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment."

"Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."

Comment

Working...
                            X