This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Clean version of Boulevard of broken dreams

I was watching smallville the other day and heard boulevard of broken dreams by green day. Does any one know where I can get a clean version (no curse words)?

Maybe I'm loopy but I wasn't aware there were curse words in the song? At least not in the radio version I have heard. I would suggest just downloading it perhaps, or have you tried that already and not been able to find a radio version?

Comment

On the cd it says the f word but on the radio it does not, but I cannot find an edited cd

Comment

Originally posted by buckner
        On the cd it says the f word but on the radio it does not, but I cannot find an edited cd
        Releases to radio stations do differ somewhat, and even though they are labelled "not for resale", many of them do find their way into used CD stores.

That was the state of affairs a few years ago, but of course, CD's may be out of date by now. Unfortunately, going into a used CD store you are likely to hear and see all sorts of other things that are equally "offensive", so you may well be stuck.

If there are words in the lyrics that you find objectionable, then aren't there also ideas and concepts that are likely to also be problematic? After all, the music is very angsty and nihilistic even without curse words... hardly seems to be what the moral majority would approve of... or are you just looking for something that won't draw fire from authority figures?
        Last edited by Darth Buddha; 16 April 2005, 02:19 PM.

Comment

The rest of the song is fine but they just had to put that word in, I attend a Christian school where my dad is the principal and he would not approve of music that uses the f word. Green day released two singles of boulevard of broken dreams I think that on of them is edited but I am not sure which one.

Comment

Well, that I can follow, though it surprises me that the song itself, even without the curse, isn't problematic.

Good luck in finding the edited version. I'd wager the one without the "warning explicit lyrics" version is the one you are aiming for!

Comment

Here are the lyrics fine except for the f word

"Boulevard Of Broken Dreams"

"I walk a lonely road
              The only one that I have ever known
              Don't know where it goes
              But it's home to me and I walk alone

I walk this empty street
              On the Boulevard of Broken Dreams
              Where the city sleeps
              and I'm the only one and I walk alone

I walk alone
              I walk alone

I walk alone
              I walk a...

My shadow's the only one that walks beside me
              My shallow heart's the only thing that's beating
              Sometimes I wish someone out there will find me
              'Til then I walk alone

Ah-ah, Ah-ah, Ah-ah, Aaah-ah,
              Ah-ah, Ah-ah, Ah-ah

I'm walking down the line
              That divides me somewhere in my mind
              On the border line
              Of the edge and where I walk alone

Read between the lines
              What's f***** up and everything's alright
              Check my vital signs
              To know I'm still alive and I walk alone

I walk alone
              I walk alone

I walk alone
              I walk a...

'Til then I walk alone

Ah-ah, Ah-ah, Ah-ah, Aaah-ah
              Ah-ah, Ah-ah

I walk alone
              I walk a...

I walk this empty street
              On the Boulevard of Broken Dreams
              Where the city sleeps
              And I'm the only one and I walk a...

'Til then I walk alone..."

Comment

Great song.

Comment

Hey buckner, do you want a version that was made without it or simply one with the word edited out (such as a silence in place of the word)? I'm not sure were to find a version made without the word but I have a powerful audio editing program, I could download the song and edit it out for you.

Owen Macri

Comment

I don't know if you have a Wal-mart around, but someone told me that it's company policy that they don't sell explicit CD's. I don't know if it's true, but you can check it out.
                    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving is not for you.

Comment

It's true, at least for the one near me. And yes, this is a very good song. I hope they'll make a remix of some sort that's like nine minutes long instead, because I could definitely go for a double dose of it and more awesome sounds.
                      If you've seen a Jeff O'Connor or a JeffZero or a Jeff Zero or a JeffZeroConnor elsewhere on the net, there's a considerable chance it's me.

Comment

Great song.

I bought this song off iTunes and loaded it onto my iPod. The version I have does have that one instance of the f-word, in the clear. It doesn't look like there's a clean version on iTunes.

It's always very jarring when I catch it on the radio, and I hear one of the following:

"...what's effed up and everything's all right"
                        "...what's <nothing> up and everything's all right"
                        "...what's muffed up and everything's all right"
                        I'd start a revolution if I could get up in the morning.

Comment

Originally posted by buckner View Post
                          I was watching smallville the other day and heard boulevard of broken dreams by green day. Does any one know where I can get a clean version (no curse words)?
                          I got One from eMP3world for free it says Muffed instead. direct Link = http://www.emp3world.com/mp3/53977/G...roken%20Dreams

Comment

Working...
                          X