• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pavor Nocturnus (205)

Visit the Episode GuideSANCTUARY SEASON TWO
    PAVOR NOCTURNUS
    EPISODE NUMBER - 205

After awakening in a ruined Sanctuary amidst a decimated city, Magnus finds that she has stepped into a dystopian version of reality where her alternate version is dead ... and Will is engaged in a brutal fight against a horde of savage creatures.

VISIT THE EPISODE GUIDE >
    Last edited by Darren; 20 February 2021, 09:20 PM.

wow, so good.

'it's a wonderful life' with a HUGE twist. Sanctuary does Zombies...and a glimpse at the tremendous cost of one woman's grief.

very cool, the spirit thingie communicating with her.

great sean connery immitation
    Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

All I can say is: Wow.

Possibly my new favorite episode
      Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a night. Set a man on fire and he'll be warm the rest of his life.
      ---
      sigpic

Comment

My favorite episode so far, just amazing! Seems a week late though!

Comment

All I can say....is WOW what a great episode!

ok maybe a bit more

The episode started off with a very eerie feeling, with Helen waking up on the floor and the way they filmed it in black & white. The journey we took with Helen, you could really feel her terror. The monsters were more than your average zombies with the cool effect of their tongues

What was the most shocking was Helen finding out she was patient zero, and the entity was a very cool mysterious effect, following Helen, showing her what needed to be seen.

Oh and the scariest thing about the episode was....

Spoiler:
          Will's hair
          sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

OMGOMGOMGOMG!! A Will/Kate child????? WTF!
            How could they could have got together? Nubbins tribe???!

Anyway, this episode, is my favorite of all! It was just awesome, and wow... just the beginning was breathtaking Oo ....I was hoping more Helen/Will stuff... and not expecting.... well what we learned... about Kate.

Comment

Originally posted by MissCheerfully View Post
              OMGOMGOMGOMG!! A Will/Kate child????? WTF!
              How could they could have got together? Nubbins tribe???!

Anyway, this episode, is my favorite of all! It was just awesome, and wow... just the beginning was breathtaking Oo ....I was hoping more Helen/Will stuff... and not expecting.... well what we learned... about Kate.
              I think in this case the reason Will and Kate got together was because they were fighting side by side through all the devastation and most of their friends were probably dead, so they would naturally turn to each other.
              sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
                wow, so good.

'it's a wonderful life' with a HUGE twist. Sanctuary does Zombies...and a glimpse at the tremendous cost of one woman's grief.

very cool, the spirit thingie communicating with her.

great sean connery immitation
                That was a very interesting aspect, Helen was so devastated by Ashley's death that she went searching for something to, in a way, end her own life.

It does make it seem like this ep was suppose to come before Hero, though I guess they didn't want 4 dark/intense episodes in a row.

Very good ep, though I figured it was all a dream/hallucination pretty early on.

sigpic

Comment

Very good episode! I really enjoyed it! I never considered her to be patient zero... that was great! Also the smoke/spirit element was cool, because of what it revealed to be in the end. I didn't pay much attention to it at first

Also I liked that Ashley's death was the reason why Helen went searching for the artifact. And that search would ultimately cause the human race to become extent in her quest to end her longevity. The destruction of the Sanctuary looked great with the CGI -they did a good job! The transformation of Will in the apocalyptic world was very believable. He was making hard decisions he would not have otherwise made thanks to a war torn world he lived in. And awww little two year old Magnus running around. Will and Kate were the only ones left after Helen died three years ago and John two weeks after her. The reaction Helen had when she returned to the Sanctuary was right on the mark. Great episode.

Comment

Wow what an amazing, phenomenal episode.

I thought it was really nice of Helen fighting to save that little girl, even when it looked hopeless. But I loved the Helen fighting scenes, the way she kicked butt was wicked. The zombies I thought were cool, they reminded my of the aliens for... Aliens with the tongue/mouth.

I thought Robin was also great, you could tell this is what a person would be after years of living in hell on Earth, and I think he hit right on the nose . It was quite a twist to learn that Will and Kate had a kid, and that he named him Magnus . It was interesting hearing what happened to Henry, John, Kate and the big guy, at least they fought to the end. But what was really shocking was learning that Helen was patient zero . But when all was said and done, everything was back to normal, and so where Helen and Will.

Oh and OMG OMG OMG OMJG! I couldn't believe what happened to Helen when those guys took her away and hosed her down like that I had so many things going through me, I was really shocked to see that happening to her, I was a little scared because I didn't know what they were going to do.

I have to say Amanda was SUPER brave doing that scene, that goes beyond anything I've ever seen her do. I know she's always been nervous to do those things, but that was really brave, and I'm very proud of her. That was the first time I've seen that happen to Helen, things like that never even happened to Sam. Helen was so disrespected it was hard to watch, I really can't say enough, she was just so amazing and so believable in that one scene, I actually had real for for what could have happened to her. Bravo Amanda, that was one hell of a performance.
                    Last edited by Rocky89; 23 June 2010, 07:19 PM.

Comment

I got a real Resident Evil vibe from this eppy and it was awesome!! i wasn't able to catch all of it, but I saw most and it rocked. Crazy angry Will was like... WHOA.... and I feel a little bad that Kate died. Poor news about Big Guy, and Noble about what happened to Druitt.

All in all this eppy was really good. First thing I thought when I saw it was that Magnus was having a psychedelic trippy dream or something. Again this was very good and very dark. i loved it!!
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Rocky89 View Post
                        Oh and OMG OMG OMG OMJG! I couldn't believe what happened to Helen when those guy took her away and hosed her down like that I had so many things going through me, I was really shocked to see that happening to her, I was a little scared because I didn't know what they were going to do.

I have to say Amanda was SUPER brave doing that scene, that goes beyond anything I've ever seen her do. I know she's always been nervous to do those things, but that was really brave, and I'm very proud of her. That was the first time I've seen that happen to Helen, things like that never even happened to Sam. Helen was so disrespected it was hard to watch, I really can't say enough, she was just so amazing and so believable in that one scene, I actually had real for for what could have happened to her. Bravo Amanda, that was one hell of a performance.

That was amazing of her and how she played that. i though WTF!!! How can do that to her?!!!! It was mind blowing.
                        sigpic

Comment

Loved the ep.

I was expecting something more about Helen's psyche instead of what we got with the warning from the abnormal, but WOW!

Very affecting. That hosing down was scary.

suse
                          sigpic
                          Mourning Sanctuary.
                          Thanks for the good times!

Comment

Amazing Episode!!!

Totally a fav epi now

I have to re-watch it so I can give my “fair” opinion I was working and got 15 min. into the episode; but for what I saw it was awesome.

Agree this episode should have come up as episode #4 but I also agree, that would have make 4 very sad and dark episodes; not that I wouldn’t watch

Will becoming the dark and hard persona he became was hard to see but understandable after all he went through and he kept firing till the end and the one quality I love about him was his loyalty and thrust in Helen even though he treated her the way he did in the beginning.

Will and Kate surprise, also agree with the reasoning of how they got together; out of desperation and grief the baby’s name totally awesome.
                            Alien entity protecting the tomb and the elixir really cool and the way it show Helen what her actions would bring were fantastic.

The last scene I thought Helen was about to hug Will, very touchy scene and at the same time emotional.

Ok I’m off for now.
                            sigpic

Dare and Dream

Comment

Originally posted by Mandysg1 View Post
                              All I can say....is WOW what a great episode!

ok maybe a bit more

The episode started off with a very eerie feeling, with Helen waking up on the floor and the way they filmed it in black & white. The journey we took with Helen, you could really feel her terror. The monsters were more than your average zombies with the cool effect of their tongues

What was the most shocking was Helen finding out she was patient zero, and the entity was a very cool mysterious effect, following Helen, showing her what needed to be seen.

Oh and the scariest thing about the episode was....

Spoiler:
                              Will's hair
                              No, no, no, Mandy what really scared me was
                              Spoiler:
                              that scene when they hosed down Helen. Such a sad and disrespectful moment for Helen.

Amanda should get an award for this episode.

Comment

Working...
                              X