Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Super Bad Guy ( Wraith as Goa'uld/Symbiote Host)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Super Bad Guy ( Wraith as Goa'uld/Symbiote Host)

What kind of a threat would a Wraith pose if implanted with a Goa'uld symbiote? I've been thinking about this concept ever since I first watched Stargate Atlantis.

Double the healing powers.
    Double the strength
    Very hard to kill.

Comment

Originally posted by hedwig View Post
      Double the healing powers.
      Double the strength
      Very hard to kill.
      I wouldn't say double the healing powers. The Gou'ald provide more of an enhanced immunity, healing injuries over the course of minutes or hours, while a Wraith can heal a bullet wound in seconds. And I wouldn't say twice the strength either. The Wraith seem to have normal human strength, except for the soldiers. But yes, very hard to kill is an understatement.

Comment

I wonder if that could actually work, considering their mental powers. I figure they must be pretty hard to take over. A drone maybe, but any actual individual wraith?

Comment

Remember Nirrti's Hok'tar experiments? She altered the genetic structure of the people on P3X-367, and one her test subjects gained telepathic powers. Now, the purpose of these experiments was so that she could create an incredibly powerful host. Now, if she were not able to take a host with such mental capabilities, I doubt she would have even let him live long enough to observe the outcome of that trial, so it is reasonable to assume that the Wraith's mental powers would not stop a symbiote.

Comment

Hmm, you have a point. The wraith are a little more used to throwing people out of their mind than newly telepathic humans though. I still have trouble believing a queen like the one in Submersion being taken over permanently. Maybe for a short while but...They're used to bending people to their will, so I imagine the sensation would be very recognizable. I also think the presence of a symbiote would likely be detected in their telepathic network. Even if one individual were taken over, the symbiote would probably be removed pretty soon because of that.

They might try to use to symbiotes on humans to make them a longer lasting, more satisfying food source though. I could see that happening.

Comment

Do they even know what a symbiot is or how to remove one?? Doubt it..

And if Adria could get taken over by ba'al, i doubt a queen wraith could resist.

Comment

Wasn't Adria in some kind of Ori Damening Cell when that happened?
                I like Sharky
                sigpic

Comment

Well, the sybiotes aren't telepathic. They physically attach themselves to the brain stem. So compare it to internet access. A wired link is stronger, and more reliable than wi-fi, so a symbiote's control might be stronger than the Wraith's telepathy.

Comment

True.. Plus have we ever been told HOW the symbiots take control??

Comment

I bet if a Wraith had a symbiote something like the Hoffan Drug wouldn't have effected them.

Comment

Or would it???

DUN DUN DUUUUNN!
                        I like Sharky
                        sigpic

Comment

Working...
                        X