sueKay
March 10th, 2005, 02:54 AM
Dr McKay
Dr Beckett
Dr Felger
Dr Lee
Dr Coombs
Dr Zelenka

They came...they saw...they nitpicked and whined...

BUT WE LOVE 'EM!

This is a thread to discuss our favourite scientists! If I've missed any, add them to the list!

I've not included Sam, as she's got the 'Sam's a great character' thread.

Firstly, I'd like to say how much I enjoy the banter between Rodney and Zelenka (especially when they're at loggerheads with each other!)

Rune
March 10th, 2005, 03:46 AM
I'd have to say Felger is probably my favourite, he and Coombs make a great double act and I love the way Felger always seems a constant source of irritation to O'Neill one way or another with his 'butt snorkelling' and often misplaced enthusiasm. It's been good to see him crop up a few times and although half of me wants to feel sorry for him while the other half wants to shake him at heart he's a good guy, a dreamer & always fun to watch. :)

iLemon
March 10th, 2005, 04:08 AM
You forgot Kavanav (is that how you spell it?)
He's a pain in the mik'ta but thats why you gotta love him! Not everyones perfect right?

But McKay's definately my favourite. He's great especially when fighting with Shepperd! I'll never forget that moment where Sheppard throws him off the balcony lol!!! Classic!!
Dr Beckett and Dr Zalenka come next. I hope they're shown abit more next season, especially Zalenka

Rail'k
March 10th, 2005, 05:25 AM
The scientests are awsome without them the show would suck because ther would be no daniel, or sam

shinyredpants
March 10th, 2005, 05:32 AM
thats why i really love atlantis...because sg-1 was military based, and atlantis is more scientists and i really love that. granted i looved jack's jokes about scientists and civillians and stuff...but it kinda got old, and you know, without the scientists you couldnt get anything working! i think its all about McKay.

Cronus
March 10th, 2005, 05:32 AM
Mckay.

He is not only the funniest but he also knows so much about everything. For example, his CV would look like:
a) knows how to make a nuke
b) knows (almost) everything there is to know about ancient technology.
c) speaks at least English and Ancient
d) can do archaeological digs.
e) has saved Atlantis on numerous occasions.

All bow down to Mckay :p

Rail'k
March 10th, 2005, 05:34 AM
thats why i really love atlantis...because sg-1 was military based, and atlantis is more scientists and i really love that. granted i looved jack's jokes about scientists and civillians and stuff...but it kinda got old, and you know, without the scientists you couldnt get anything working! i think its all about McKay.
that may be true

Grin
March 10th, 2005, 07:18 AM
I'd have to go for Felger and McKay, probably the two funniest scientists on the shows. And who can forgot felgers hilarious performance on Avenger 2.0?!

iLemon
March 10th, 2005, 07:38 AM
if it wasn't for scientists we wouldn't have tv!!! or a pc!!! imagine a world without them!! oh the horror!!!!! :eek: :eek: :eek:

sueKay
March 10th, 2005, 07:55 AM
I have to say Zelenka and Beckett...but they're all great!

I love the Moment in Letters from Pegasus when Zelenka tells everyone about the City rising...Just the way he says 'Security Clearance' at the end cracks me up!

Beckett's great! Again from Letters from Pegasus

Ford...I dunno...I wish you were here?
Beckett: Wish who was here? I wish ah wisnae bloody here!

They're all gems! Every one of them!

Cronus
March 10th, 2005, 08:25 AM
I have to say Zelenka and Beckett...but they're all great!

I love the Moment in Letters from Pegasus when Zelenka tells everyone about the City rising...Just the way he says 'Security Clearance' at the end cracks me up!

Beckett's great! Again from Letters from Pegasus

Ford...I dunno...I wish you were here?
Beckett: Wish who was here? I wish ah wisnae bloody here!

They're all gems! Every one of them!

Two classic stargate moments there. There episode was great for developing the scientists on stargate. Like when Rodney says Samantha Carter if you're watching the candle is still burning, soon to be extinguished but...In fact there isn't a night I don't go by when I.... Cut that Ford.

Poor Mckay. I hope TPTB will keep all of the scientists alive for a good few seasons to come. :D

Thain
March 10th, 2005, 11:52 AM
Well, McKay is far and away my favorite, followed by Dr Zelenka, but I also love Dr Lee - a "Doctor of SCIENCE." Who can forget The Plant? I also enjoyed his "Action Man" turn in Evolution, and Peter DeLuise's commentary about how buff Bill Dow was. :p I like Bill Dow a lot - he was great as Chuck in The X-Files too.

Hoping for more Dr Lee in Season 9!

sueKay
March 11th, 2005, 10:05 AM
Yeah!

I love Dr Lee!

He's cute in a...geeky...sorta way!

LOVED McKay's Monologue!

Cronus
March 11th, 2005, 10:09 AM
Yeah!

I love Dr Lee!

He's cute in a...geeky...sorta way!

LOVED McKay's Monologue!

I'd watch a whole season of McKay's monologue

He was just so hilarious. In fact the whole fatigue thing towards the end of season 1 was great. He was just so exhausted and being dragged from one job to another. Poor guy

sueKay
March 11th, 2005, 10:34 AM
LOL! I know!

I also liked the flashbacks of McKay while the Japanse scentist was talking about him!

Ooh cramp!

Cronus
March 11th, 2005, 10:44 AM
LOL! I know!

I also liked the flashbacks of McKay while the Japanse scentist was talking about him!

Ooh cramp!

Yeah, he's so brave. LOL :D

McKay in the Siege How he asks for something to keep him awake from Beckett, who says he has already given them a stimulant. Rodney replies that staying awake is a prerequisite when working with nuclear devices.
LOL. :p

Grin
March 11th, 2005, 10:55 AM
Meh, I S'pose McKay is pretty cool, i always love the McKay/Sam Moment...who can forget the "when i was younger i always wanted to be a pianist"..."A WHAT?!" Lol i laughed sooo hard!

Wandering Tamer
March 11th, 2005, 11:24 AM
I love how Atlantis is more of a scientist community. They have great interaction and in a short time, they've earned the respect of the military personale they work with.

As for Kavanov <sp> I don't like him, but I can see where he's coming from. He's trying to keep the rules of earth alive to some degree, he just doesn't chose the best way to go about it all. At heart, he's trying to do what he thinks is right. BUT- I still don't like him.

CKO
March 11th, 2005, 11:41 AM
gotta say i love beckett personally.. that man was totally crackin me up in LFP. and god rodney was funny as well..

yes without our beloved scientists, we wouldnt have some of the humor that we love so much

Kavanagh.. or as we've shortened it to... dr. k.. well personally i dont like the jerk, he has lil or no respect for Weir's leadership abilities. and he nitpicks every small problem that could have been handled dif, god feed the sorry soul to the wraith and let them feed off of him.

Purpleyin
March 11th, 2005, 04:48 PM
Scientists, where to start.
McKay will always be my favourite for so many reason; the snark, the angst,...

I'm also a big fan of Grodin and Zelenka - even Kavanagh in the love to hate him way.
Coombs I liked as well! (And Siler too, but I guess he's a technician/engineer really...)
Simpson is cool as is that Japanese scientist (Dr Kusanagi?).
Hoping we see lot more of the geeks in season 2 of SGA! Geeks + ancient tech has to be amusing....

SmartFox
March 11th, 2005, 08:29 PM
Defintly best one is Mckay. I love how they have developed his charachter. He has gotten funnier and funnier. SPOILERS DEFIANT ONE I liked how he was like "What do i know?" after he ran out of ammo. I doubt he'll ever be much of a combantant.

Blue Banrigh
March 26th, 2005, 08:28 PM
Does Graham Simmons count as a scientist? He seems to be a bit of everything, scientist, technician and soldier. :D

Favourites have to go to McKay, Zelenka and Dr Lee, he's so cute, he's like a little ferret. :D I find Felger too annoying, but Coombs is great, I like how he knows he's not a hero and his mocking of Felger's SG-1 worship.

Agent_Dark
March 26th, 2005, 08:35 PM
What about Dr. Svetlana Markov? She was in Watergate, the Russian's counter-part to Carter :)
And there was also Drs Micheals, Woods and Osbourne (the woman and two guys) from Frozen ;) Carter and Micheals seemed to know each other fairly well.

.:Lemon:.
March 27th, 2005, 07:04 AM
The scientists are the real heroes :p The Stargate scientists are great, especially the Atlantis ones! I love the banter between them :D

trudy
March 30th, 2005, 04:45 AM
I like Felger, and his female coworker whose name I don't remember from Avenger 2.0.

Siler is an engineer, but I was watching Solitudes a day or so ago, and he's quite bright and was wandering around in a tshirt. That is one buff, hot guy, that and his intelligence are normally not apparent.

Purpleyin
March 30th, 2005, 05:47 AM
I'm pleased to hear over on the JM Q&A that we may well be seeing more of Dr Kusanagi and/or Simpson in season 2 :)

LadyKong
September 24th, 2006, 07:25 PM
I like Felger, and his female coworker whose name I don't remember from Avenger 2.0.

So do I, but I sometimes wonder what would happen if Chloe were given her own lab and the opportunity to strike out on her own.

leelakin
September 24th, 2006, 07:31 PM
God, how I LOVE all the geekery going on in Atlantis. XDD You can never have enough geeky brain power!

Purpleyin
September 25th, 2006, 11:31 AM
I think this is the best place for this, in the name of appreciation for the character who is a scientist - someone should so make a vid for Dr. Lee to this song (http://www.stlyrics.com/lyrics/standbyme/mrlee.htm).

Rosehawk
September 27th, 2006, 05:11 PM
I just love the scenes between McKay and Zelenka. They are some of my favorites to watch. Their competitive yet friendly banter back and forth always makes me smile.
Dr. Lee is definitely getting some more interesting storylines interactions and is more and more enjoyable to watch.
The military is great but the geeks make it work!!!!!!