This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

LOTR - Return of the King

Just curious...is anyone else going up to their local DVD distributor at midnight to get the Return of the King along with what ever promotional thing they are giving out?

Or am I the only nut?
    Dark Helmet: So, Lone Starr, now you see that evil will always triumph because good is dumb.
    Dark Helmet: No, it's not what you think. It's much, much worse!

Col. Sandurz: Prepare for light speed.
    Dark Helmet: No, no, light speed is too slow.
    Col. Sandurz: Light speed too slow?
    Dark Helmet: Yes, we'll have to go right to...Ludicrous speed!
    Col. Sandurz:Ludicrous speed! Sir, we've never gone that fast before. I don't think the ship can take it.
    Dark Helmet: What's the matter, Colonel Sandurz...CHICKEN?!

I might, if I'm still up. Who's giving what? do you know? I know that Hastings is offering a Lithograph. But I think the cheapest DVD is probably at Walmart and they're giving away magnets? (I think).

Oh, and the Tolkien books are 30% off at Hastings too.

Comment

Yeah. Walmart is giving away some magnet. That's where I'll be heading, closet place for me.

Luckly though...It's Stargate Monday . Atleast I'll be able to stay up until 11, then browse WalMart till 12.
      Dark Helmet: So, Lone Starr, now you see that evil will always triumph because good is dumb.

Col. Sandurz:Ludicrous speed! Sir, we've never gone that fast before. I don't think the ship can take it.

Comment

I'll probably get mine at Walmart too. This dvd is only to tide me over until the extended version comes out later this year.

Our Monday night SG1 ends at 10:00 pm so I have 2 hours to wait.

Comment

I'll wait for the extended edition. I can just borrow this one from other people.
          "...smart, funny, exciting, touching..." - Newsday

Comment

Yeah, I'll also wait for the extended edition. I'm not a tool and I will not buy both!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (or something....Im such a retard)
            "When all else fails, there's always delusion." - Conan O'Brien

Comment

I plan to wait for the extended version too....I still need to get fellowship of the ring in extended....
              sigpic

Comment

Got my copy yesterday at midnight (and a handbag and a purse too - sheesh!). The dvd costs US$14.42 at Walmart. Not a bad price really and when the extended comes out, you get a $5 rebate.

Comment

i got mine at target, 14.99 and i got free microwave popcorn too.....something i'll get much more use out of than a magnet.

I watched it last night and probably will again sometime this summer before i get teh extended.

yep, i'm silly, i get them both. but then i use the cheaper one to loan to folks and keep the extended for me <G>
                  Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

like the first 2, i will just be getting this one on video tape next time i put money into the bank.

they are a lot cheaper than the DVD's which for me is good because i am hoping for the extended edition of all 3 in a dvd box set so there is no need for me to get it on DVD so i don't want to pay the extra money for the DVD's just to get it them all on extended DVD at once

sigpic

Comment

I watched it last night too. Perfect!! The Sam and Frodo scenes were awesome. And Aragorn - to die for! *happy sigh*

I nearly got the Full Screen version since the extended will be Wide Screen, but, since my dvd player can zoom, I finally went with the WS.

I'm going to watch the Special Features today. I'm sure this is like a teaser compared to what we'll see in the extended version.
                      Last edited by Norlioness; 29 May 2004, 10:27 AM.

Comment

I might have bought it somewhere at midnight if I hadn't already ordered it online. Fortunately it arrived on the release date, otherwise I would've gone nuts!

And yeah, I'll be getting the Extended Edition in addition to the Theatrical Version, as I have done with the previous two LOTR films. While I do prefer the Extended cuts, I also want to have the film I saw and loved in the theater on DVD!
                        Twitter / YouTube / Twitch

Comment

Is there going to be an extended version boxed set of all three films? If so when will it come out in the U.K?
                          oldcelt1

Comment

Originally posted by oldcelt1
                            Is there going to be an extended version boxed set of all three films? If so when will it come out in the U.K?
                            Some store (Sam Goodey maybe?) was advertising it. They said that it was released on the 25th. If not, I'd imagine that they are going to release one.

Try amazon.com - it usually lists the release dates if you go to that DVD page.

Comment

Any box set you may have heard of consists of the Theatrical editions. As of right now, even the release date of the ROTK EE is unknown.
                              Twitter / YouTube / Twitch

Comment

Working...
                              X