PDA

View Full Version : Baal/Sam Carter Discussion/Ship/Appreciation

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12

Wandering Tamer
March 3rd, 2005, 10:08 AM
So, someone said make a thread for this. so I thought maybe I should start it.

Spoiler They work really well together, especially Reckoning. Their reactions to one another we just: wow, can you see a relationship there or what? And he even told her good luck. If that doesn't imply anything, especially coming from his, I don't know what does. :p

Merrin_Delaney's signature helps to. hehehe. :D

Merrin_Delaney
March 4th, 2005, 11:15 AM
Duuude! Nice!

Let's spread the word :D

PhilM
March 4th, 2005, 11:57 AM
You guys are sick.

I love it!!

LordAnubis
March 4th, 2005, 12:13 PM
So, someone said make a thread for this. so I thought maybe I should start it.

Spoiler They work really well together, especially Reckoning. Their reactions to one another we just: wow, can you see a relationship there or what? And he even told her good luck. If that doesn't imply anything, especially coming from his, I don't know what does. :p

Merrin_Delaney's signature helps to. hehehe. :D
Not to be rude, but are you being goofy or serious? It seems like some people see ships where there are no ships. There is no Ba'al/Sam ship. Never was, never will be.

Hey, what about Ba'al and Thor? Or better yet, Hathor's aunt's former roommate's cousin and Daniel's grandfather, Dr. Nicolas Ballard? Now there's a ship!

PhilM
March 4th, 2005, 12:15 PM
I'm new here so excuse me if this is out of line. Is there anything wrong with a goofy ship like this? Sometimes people take this stuff way too seriously, I feel. We need goofy stuff.

LordAnubis
March 4th, 2005, 07:55 PM
I'm new here so excuse me if this is out of line. Is there anything wrong with a goofy ship like this? Sometimes people take this stuff way too seriously, I feel. We need goofy stuff.
Nah, there's nothing wrong with it, but IMO, I sometimes think things get out of hand with too many ships. It's fun to joke around and even speculate, but after awhile, it seems like some people are looking for ships in every possible combination of character interaction. I actually saw something about a Daniel/Pete (Sam's cop boyfriend -- well, ex-boyfriend) ship the other day. It was a pretty heavy and in-depth fanfic too, with intimate details. I was actually pretty shocked, but it was funny. Not too long ago, I saw a Thor/Heimdall ship too. Needless to say, it was a stretch to read that one.

I've seen Anubis/Thor ships. Anubis/Osiris ships. Aphophis/Osiris ships. I've seen ships about ships. I've seen ships about Replicarter/Robot Carter from Double Jeopardy. If it's in jest, and for fun, who cares, right? But sometimes I think some people are serious. What can I say? I guess I just thought this was a goofy thing to post. Seems by the lack of responsiveness, others tend to agree.

No offense. :)

MartoufMarty
March 4th, 2005, 07:59 PM
Well, Jack/Ba'al is more my thing (Daniel/Pete too :P), but Sam/Ba'al? I can see it...

I'll go for it :)

neith4
March 4th, 2005, 08:16 PM
Re: So, someone said make a thread for this. so I thought maybe I should start it.

YES go for it !

I say let Baal and Sam ship!!!

Let's have some fun with this!

(grumbling in a breifly serious minor tone

it 's either have some fun or be very very unhappy at the badly written ending of Threads which willnt please antishippers or J/S shippers)

Alright so Baal tortured Jack but (nudge wink) that was only cos he heard a rumor about Jack and Daniel and ...

Poor Sam's been forced to ship out with practically every other male character - for once let her have some one who respects both her beauty and intelligence and isnt liable to drop dead shortly after the first kiss

The new instalment of Sassy Gate is going to be called

Shipping Out

in which Spamuela Reactor manages to escape Star Grope Command and runs into an old enemy on a neutral world while vacationing!!!
Daddy left his little girl her own space yacht!!!
Meanwhile back at Pontifical Studios the new girl is getting a briefing about the evil habits of certain PTB...

Yes folks (and my few fans) Sassy Gate 's scribe and transdimensional reporting team pledges its support to Baal and Sam shipping!!!

Support Sassy Gate the Satire site
we may tease shippers and everybody else ... merciless ... do the PTB deserve any mercy? but at least we dont try to force our characters into relationships with men who cant even cook barbeque sausages!!! or stock their fish pond with trout ... or take advantage of a mutual interest in astronomy and are too stupid to realize an invitation to star watch together would have been more effective than an inivte to go fishing

YES BAAL and Sam the wily dark fox and the super scientist

SHIP SHIP SHIP !!!

er can anyone guess I found the ending of Threads rather annoying ???
I mean me turning proshipping?

Coming some time in the next two weeks - Shipping Out with Sam and Baal !!!

Thank you again Merrrin for an inspirational sig!!!

MartoufMarty
March 4th, 2005, 08:19 PM
*grabs the coffee cup away from neith4*

:P

LordAnubis
March 4th, 2005, 08:19 PM
Well, Jack/Ba'al is more my thing (Daniel/Pete too :P), but Sam/Ba'al? I can see it...

I'll go for it :)
Jack and Baal? Wow, really? For real? :) hehe....why?

Tok'Ra Hostess
March 4th, 2005, 08:27 PM
Duuude! Nice!
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v699/Merrin_Delaney/SamBaal2sig.jpg
Let's spread the word :D

Nice pic! My only question is, who's saying that to whom? :D

MartoufMarty
March 4th, 2005, 08:29 PM
Jack and Baal? Wow, really? For real? :) hehe....why?
Oh come on!

You think Ba'al would have kept Jack around for that long if he didn't like him?

Plus they're like an old married couple in Zero Hour :P

Major Fischer
March 4th, 2005, 08:32 PM
Hey, since my Teyla/Sora and Sora/Weir threads didn't get off the ground.... more power to you. But watch you, I hear Jack has Ba'al himself, and Sam's got Thor. Those two make a nasty combination jealous.

LordAnubis
March 4th, 2005, 08:32 PM
Oh come on!

You think Ba'al would have kept Jack around for that long if he didn't like him?

Plus they're like an old married couple in Zero Hour :P
Heh, I never thought about it. Maybe you're on to something! :o

Hatcheter
March 4th, 2005, 08:59 PM
Crap! All this Baal/Sam stuff I've seen in the last few days has spawned a new plot bunny in my head. And since I can;t write anything that doesn't have some semblence of a real possibilty in the Stargate universe, it wouldn't be an easy one to write.

Personally, I rate the possibilty of Baal/Sam only slightly behind than the possibilty of Sam/McKay. While Baal has a more agreeable personality, Rodney is at least the same species. :p

MartoufMarty
March 4th, 2005, 09:02 PM
Personally, I rate the possibilty of Baal/Sam only slightly behind than the possibilty of Sam/McKay. While Baal has a more agreeable personality, Rodney is at least the same species. :p
Well, remember Sam has gone for a Tok'ra in the past, and also an Ancient.

So a Goa'uld like Ba'al?

No biggie :)

And see! He's harder to kill off than the others :P

emily_reich
March 4th, 2005, 10:03 PM
yay!! so we have an official ship thread now??!!

yes!!

baal was SO hitting on carter!! his "female of the tauri" comment... lol... then that wink when he leaves and his "good luck"!!!

emily_reich
March 4th, 2005, 10:05 PM
Crap! All this Baal/Sam stuff I've seen in the last few days has spawned a new plot bunny in my head. And since I can;t write anything that doesn't have some semblence of a real possibilty in the Stargate universe, it wouldn't be an easy one to write.

ah, but his HOST (the attractive part ;)) IS human :D just cuz the personality/one who likes carter isn't... this is unimportant :D

'sider... martouf!! tok'ra!! not human!! :D :D :D

LordAnubis
March 4th, 2005, 10:35 PM
Hey, since my Teyla/Sora and Sora/Weir threads didn't get off the ground.... more power to you. But watch you, I hear Jack has Ba'al himself, and Sam's got Thor. Those two make a nasty combination jealous.
dude i would pay big money to see sora/weir and sora/teyla! :) :) :)

Klorel
March 4th, 2005, 10:45 PM
What excactly are we talking about here?:)

Qtyled
March 5th, 2005, 01:07 AM
What excactly are we talking about here?:)

A ship between Sam and Ba'al. Or was that sacrastic? Bah, whatever.

Go Ba'am!
It is Ba'am right? Well I'm calling it Ba'am because I'm me and you're not :p

astronomicalchick
March 5th, 2005, 02:00 AM
A ship between Sam and Ba'al. Or was that sacrastic? Bah, whatever.

Go Ba'am!
It is Ba'am right? Well I'm calling it Ba'am because I'm me and you're not :p

As is Wham Ba'am thank you ma'am??

Is this not more the b@stard spawn of the Lord Ba'al appreciation thread? :p

Goa'uldilocks
March 5th, 2005, 02:46 AM
Woohoo!

If anyone writes this pairing, I so want to read it! :D

(And by "serious," what do you mean, Anubis? Serious as in "this will be canon," or serious in "could make a really interesting fic?" Of course it's not canon, enemy 'ships almost never are. But a fascinating relationship to explore? Absolutely!

And hot, did I mention hot? ;))

emily_reich
March 5th, 2005, 03:09 AM
exactly!! i admit i REALLLY wanna read a fic on this... and normally i don't like reading fics for the more *bizarre* ships :D

on the canon side though, i WOULD like to see them work together to save the world again :p and find out what that wink/eyebrow look was about... and directed at sam too :p not even major davis did that in descent :p

and jacob's comment after the exchange is priceless :D

Baal: And there.
Sam: 1.32. We're almost there.
Baal: *nods as his hologram fluctuates again* My ship has lost life support on several levels. Our shield strength in failing. I cannot maintain my transmission.
Sam: We've almost got it. Thanks for the help.
Baal: *smirk, almost wink* Good luck.
*transmission ends*
Jacob: That was just creepy.

:D methinks jacob noticed ;)

The Ultimate Obsession
March 5th, 2005, 07:59 PM
There is already a Sam/ Baal ship thread. It is here http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=8388

macktheknife
March 5th, 2005, 08:08 PM
that is more for naming their ship, rather than discussing it.

Ba'al + Sam + Canon = COOL!!!!!

emily_reich
March 5th, 2005, 09:02 PM
lol... ya know, even more baal flirting with sam would be loads of fun :D i'd take it!! beyond that, well that's what fanfics are for :D

though i wouldn't mind a kidnap/capture kind of situation :D an abyss kind of episode... cept poor baal would prob'ly become less and less concerned with the information he's trying to get and more concerned with that lovely blonde hair ;) ;) cuz as we have established, baal's got a thing for blondes :D :D

Shep'sSocks
March 5th, 2005, 09:05 PM
and jacob's comment after the exchange is priceless :D

Baal: And there.
Sam: 1.32. We're almost there.
Baal: *nods as his hologram fluctuates again* My ship has lost life support on several levels. Our shield strength in failing. I cannot maintain my transmission.
Sam: We've almost got it. Thanks for the help.
Baal: *smirk, almost wink* Good luck.
*transmission ends*
Jacob: That was just creepy.

:D methinks jacob noticed ;)

Actually, the *smirk, almost wink* was Ba'al being sincere... He can't do anything without the smirk.

gatelover12
March 5th, 2005, 09:08 PM
I could see something between them! (oh no I've been sucked in!) ;)

emily_reich
March 5th, 2005, 09:14 PM
hehehe :D we got another one! :D :D welcome to the club my friend :D

and yes!! i LOVED how SINCERELY baal said "good luck" the eyebrows and the almost-wink... the way he said it, after rewatching it again even, i heard/detected NOTHING but sincerity... seriously... for a goauld to go from "i can't believe i'm even considering helping a female of the tauri" to a sincere "good luck" and THAT LOOK in her direction... :p seriously, i think there was somethin there... :)

(i think he wants her :D but then, i wouldn't be here otherwise, would i?? :D :D)

so who's writing our fic??? *waits patiently to read about the ever seductive baal capturing carter :D*

macktheknife
March 5th, 2005, 09:26 PM
*waits patiently to read about the ever seductive carter capturing baal*

gatelover12
March 5th, 2005, 09:29 PM
*waits patiently to read about the ever seductive carter capturing baal*
I was just thinking that! (whoa me and mack agreeing THAT's scary! ;) )

emily_reich
March 5th, 2005, 09:35 PM
well i'm hardly exclusive... :D :D :p ;) though dare i say it wasn't carter who gave THAT LOOK :D :p ;) though she DID ask "what's the matter?" she sounded genuinely concerned for him :) and the genuinely concerned look he gave in response both times that his transmission fluctuated... i just loved seeing the sincere side of baal :) (and perhaps THIS is where sam really starts reconsidering that pete thing ;) jack later is just a cover... can't have pete thinkin she dumped him for a goauld can we?? ;) :p ;)

gatelover12
March 5th, 2005, 09:40 PM
(and perhaps THIS is where sam really starts reconsidering that pete thing ;) jack later is just a cover... can't have pete thinkin she dumped him for a goauld can we?? ;) :p ;)
:D I like how you think! I can hear that now putting in spoiler space due to implied threads spoilers. (carter) Honey remember those glowing eyed monsters? well... ;) :D

emily_reich
March 5th, 2005, 10:11 PM
ROFL!!! yeah, i can see that scene now!
to continue:

carter: honey, remember those glowing eyed monsters?? well...
pete: is this about the aftershave? cuz you know, i can cut back on the aftershave...
carter: well actually, it is... just not YOUR aftershave.

(see sig :D)

Angelique
March 5th, 2005, 10:45 PM
I could see something between them! (oh no I've been sucked in!) ;)
I think I am too Gatelover! :rolleyes: Who couldn't after that half wink though? :p

emily_reich
March 5th, 2005, 11:02 PM
that's the spirit angelique!!! :) if YOU of all people didn't think that was flirty... ;) :p

lol... maybe this is more a baal appeciation thread thing, but i'd LOVE to have that as a gif or vid clip :D starting at the the fizzling transmision, then him saying he has to go, sam saying ok/nodding, the near-wink, "good luck", and turning off the transmission :D then i could watch it over and over and over :D he's just so expressive and awesome like that :D... did anyone else actually FEEL for the guy :o when his image fizzled (the look on his face) and he said his ship was taking damage and he had to go.... :o :o ...... no one?? ...... ok, well i did!! :p

emily_reich
March 5th, 2005, 11:10 PM
ok... lol... just found something...

over at gateworld, under each most of the system lords, there's a link to something about the actual historical deity/etc they were based on...

well i clicked on baal's, and i found this interesting:

Baal is still principally thought of as a Canaanite fertility deity.

hmmm... what does that say about our ship now, eh?? :D :D

Shep'sSocks
March 5th, 2005, 11:15 PM
Lordie, Em, didn't you know that one? :D I nearly fell off my chair when I read that!

Angelique
March 5th, 2005, 11:17 PM
that's the spirit angelique!!! :) if YOU of all people didn't think that was flirty... ;) :p
lol

lol... maybe this is more a baal appeciation thread thing, but i'd LOVE to have that as a gif or vid clip :D starting at the the fizzling transmision, then him saying he has to go, sam saying ok/nodding, the near-wink, "good luck", and turning off the transmission :D then i could watch it over and over and over :D he's just so expressive and awesome like that :D... did anyone else actually FEEL for the guy :o when his image fizzled (the look on his face) and he said his ship was taking damage and he had to go.... :o :o ...... no one?? ...... ok, well i did!! :p
Yes, someone should make a video clip of that. Anyone have it to make us a clip?

Wish I had more room in my sig for Sam/Ba'al. :S

emily_reich
March 5th, 2005, 11:34 PM
you could always replace baal... i'm sure he'd understand :D doesn't fit as well with the rest of your ships anyway :D

though we'd also need a slogan!!

we need a slogan! :) maybe "it's all in the (almost-)wink" ;) :p :D since that seemed to convert quite a few people all on it's own

Angelique
March 6th, 2005, 12:15 AM
Awww, but I like the Ba'al slogan. :D I would need a pic of Ba'al and Sam too. :D

emily_reich
March 6th, 2005, 12:19 AM
yes... the baal slogan is perfect :D :D

and a pic.... hmmm.... this is true.... photoshop??? :D

Merrin_Delaney
March 6th, 2005, 12:29 AM
Awww, hell! This is what you get when RL takes over: missing out on shippy love *cries*

ROFL!!! yeah, i can see that scene now!
to continue:

carter: honey, remember those glowing eyed monsters?? well...
pete: is this about the aftershave? cuz you know, i can cut back on the aftershave...
carter: well actually, it is... just not YOUR aftershave.

(see sig :D)

This bit and everything that led to it had me wibbling with joy. Finally we know why Sam really left Pete. And gosh, it was soo obvious, too, but I still missed it :D

Yes, someone should make a video clip of that. Anyone have it to make us a clip?
Not yet, but I think it can be done.
Until then, this (http://s11.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=1SCQ7CPTYKNRC3U7PSYVT77XHD) should suffice. It's a Sam/Ba'al music vid I made right after I saw Reckoning for the first time. Spoilers warning for Reckoning and there's one scene from Threads in there, too. It doesn't spoil important relevations or plot points, though.

Hey Em, thanks for the vidding bunny :D

*runs off to plot*

emily_reich
March 6th, 2005, 12:58 AM
you're welcome!! :D *watching vid now just for baal :D*

wait... baal is in threads??? :S :S :S :S

edit: ok, i watched it!! FABULOUS!! i loved it!! very creative with using the grace stuff... it fit perfectly with the expressions :) and the music was great :) made it eerie in a weird romantic kind of way :)

so what scene was from threads??? :confused:

Merrin_Delaney
March 6th, 2005, 01:53 AM
Heee, the very last one. Now I'm thinking we should have put that into spoiler space :S

*edits*

emily_reich
March 6th, 2005, 02:05 AM
put what into spoiler space???

so is that baal in that last clip really??? or did ya just throw it in there lookin like baal??? cuz since when is baal in threads??? if he is, do tell :eek:

Angelique
March 6th, 2005, 02:09 AM
put what into spoiler space???

so is that baal in that last clip really??? or did ya just throw it in there lookin like baal??? cuz since when is baal in threads??? if he is, do tell :eek:
I had to go look it up, but he IS in Threads! :eek: Just for the opening though. :S

emily_reich
March 6th, 2005, 02:11 AM
OMG!!!!! :eek: :eek: i SOOO did not know that!!! so we can actually know where he went when he beamed away, then??? *off to read that part of transcript*

edit: ok, read transcript for that scene: i'm bringing it here even though this isn't shippy :D.... anyone not wanting to know this scene, don't read:

Anubis: You have failed me.

Baal: We've known for some time that the Jaffa cannot be trusted anymore. The remaining army of Kull Warriors stand an excellent chance of retaking Dakara.

Anubis: Worse than failure! Worse than cowardice! You have betrayed me. Did you not think I would know what you have done. How can you still underestimate my powers?

Baal: Your methods were ultimately unnecessary. Not when there was another way of defeating the Replicators.

Anubis: I would spare your life for the moment. Only so that you would witness the fruits of your labours. I will retake Dakara, then, thanks to the modifications you've made to the Stargate, I will destroy every living thing in this galaxy, including you, all at once.

Baal: I do not understand. You could have modified the Stargate yourself.

Anubis: You have no way of knowing what is necessary and what is not, in the grand design.

Baal: Who's grand design?

Anubis: Mine!

OMG!!! anubis is friggin jerk!!! he threatened to kill baal :eek: :eek: :eek:

i am officially convinced that poor baal is not evil.... can i go hug him?? :p :p

maybe he WILL go to earth again to defeat anubis!!! see, there we go... shippy again :D he can ask for sam's help!! :D

Angelique
March 6th, 2005, 02:36 AM
OMG!!! anubis is friggin jerk!!! he threatened to kill baal :eek: :eek: :eek:

i am officially convinced that poor baal is not evil.... can i go hug him?? :p :p

maybe he WILL go to earth again to defeat anubis!!! see, there we go... shippy again :D he can ask for sam's help!! :D

Aaarrrgg! He better not!! :mad: :mad: I think Ba'al is only half evil, maybe not that much! :D

emily_reich
March 6th, 2005, 02:42 AM
ok, i put this in the baal thread so we can continue this discussion there (and i have some thoughts about his lack of evil-ness and genuinely doing something good in there :D) so that this thread can stay as much on topic as possible :) :)

Merrin_Delaney
March 6th, 2005, 02:49 AM
Right. Back to the Ba'al/Sam love :P

What conviced me the most was actually the fact that Ba'al wouldn't stop smiling at Sam. And the good luck-thing just about killed me dead. :D

emily_reich
March 6th, 2005, 02:56 AM
ditto and ditto!!!

also the fact that he was willing to risk getting in BIG trouble with anubis for helping them destroy the replicators rather than just saying no and instead letting them destroy the device which would allow baal to go on living happily and not get in trouble beyond failing in the mission....

what's my point here... i think sam saw he's not just an evil monster... he's not ONLY a pretty funny guy (:p), but he doesn't take this whole god thing seriously AND is willing to stick his neck out, at least a bit, to help someone else :)...

i mean, like i said, she shows real concern for him (and the mission i suppose) when his hologram fizzles a bit... she asks "what's the matter"... the matter seemed a bit more personal and caring and concerned than i expected when she's talking to an enemy... (this helped sell it :D)... i would have expected something like a colder "what's the problem?" or "what's going on?".... :)

i also think he warmed to the idea and agreed to help when sam said "no one's trying to deny that we're mortal enemies here"... i think he liked the attitude...

just look at the turnaround he has going from "the thought of that makes me sick" and an argument between him and sam over the virus to "i can't believe i'm considering cooperating"

Sam: Look, if we can do this and somehow hit the replicators all at the same time, we think it will work... but we need your help.
Baal: You want me to reprogram the stargate to dial every gate in the galaxy simultaneously?
Sam: I know you used the gate's automatic update program to diceminate a dialing prgram virus to the entire network.
Baal: With a virus you initially planted in my stargate.
Sam: No one's trying to deny that we're mortal enemies here.... can you do it or not?
Baal: I cannot believe I'm even considering cooperating with a female of the Ta'uri... and a Tok'ra!"
Selmak: This was not my idea... believe me.
Baal: I'll instruct my troops to land

and then the look of "she's good" when she says he can tell her what to do... he thought he could get around and land some troops but she was too smart for it, and he was like "oh, well that works too"

i think it's love :D and i say a guy like that is worth dumping 8 years of ship buildup for ;) :p

Merrin_Delaney
March 6th, 2005, 03:12 AM
*nodnod* What you said.

I also liked how she sorta went against her dad. He whines about Ba'al and she tells him to 'just keep working', instead of saying 'I know how you feel' or something to that effect. PTB handed us this one on a silver platter, methinks. She even thanks him, for Christ's sake.

PS: That's quite the shipper manifest you wrote there :D

emily_reich
March 6th, 2005, 03:19 AM
shipper manifest, eh?? :p i like it! :D honestly, if i can't analyze or dig deep into a character or ship, i don't usually like it/them :S

yeah... didn't even think about that!! she does kinda take baal's side when her dad gripes... :) go sam! woo!! :D

forgot she thanks him (:eek: *smack forehead* duh! how could i forget that! :eek: :o)

yeah... again, more sincerity in that thank you too :) nothin in her voice that says "wish we didn't NEED you to help us, but thanks for the help since we did"... it was definately more of a "glad you helped us... didn't realize you were such a not-so-evil guy! can't believe i didn't hate working with you" kind of thing :)

Merrin_Delaney
March 6th, 2005, 03:42 AM
shipper manifest, eh?? :p i like it! :D honestly, if i can't analyze or dig deep into a character or ship, i don't usually like it/them :S
*snicker* Proving our ship does have a basis, yes? *g*

In my opinion this scene:
Sam: We almost got it. Thanks for the help.
Ba'al (does a doubletake): Good luck.
really says it all. He cannot believe his ears and just acts out of impulse. Funny that the first thing he thinks of is wishing his 'hated enemy' good luck, eh?

emily_reich
March 6th, 2005, 03:53 AM
hmm.... never thought of it as doing a doubletake :) you could be right!! he does kinda take a pause, doesn't he!! maybe the almost-wink was a "you're welcome" as well as a "good luck" and a "you're not so bad afterall" but he only voiced the "good luck"...

so do ya think if she hadn't said thanks that he may not have said good luck?? perhaps seeing that she too didn't mind working together made it ok for him to admit it too :) and you notice he waits an extra beat after saying good luck to start walking and turn the transmitter off... one extra, last look perhaps?? :p maybe doing another doubletake, or maybe waiting to see the reaction to him saying good luck... or maybe just hated to be leaving (for whatever reason), or got caught up in the moment... :) but there was a pause there... and it seemed like some kind of hesitation to me...

but still, jacob's "that was just creepy" cracks me up :D :D

lol... i think he noticed that last exchange was a bit flirty :p i mean, i suppose a human thanking a goauld for helping (as opposed to something like"thanks for not killing everyone on my planet" :p) does seem a bit flirty :p and the fact that it was genuine :D makes my shipper heart jump with joy! :D

Merrin_Delaney
March 6th, 2005, 04:25 AM
so do ya think if she hadn't said thanks that he may not have said good luck??
Yeah, well... he IS a Goa'uld, after all. It's not in their nature to be concerned about others or wish them well. And you could tell it threw him a little.

but there was a pause there... and it seemed like some kind of hesitation to me...
Hmm. After he said 'Good luck' he nods slightly. Is that what you meant? Looked to me as if he was making sure his words were understood - to underline them, if you will.

but still, jacob's "that was just creepy" cracks me up :D :D
Because he totally caught on to them flirting :D I'm with you on that one.

Also, did you notice how when he tells them he can't stay any longer, he seems genuinely sorry? Which, in turn, led to Sam being all 'That's cool, don't worry about it. We almost got it. Thanks for the help." He actually risked his life and stayed as long as possible to help them (or to spend more time with Sam :P)

Angelique
March 6th, 2005, 04:36 AM
You guys are making me like Ba'al more and more! :p :D

Merrin_Delaney
March 6th, 2005, 04:40 AM
Dude, that's the general idea :D

Angelique
March 6th, 2005, 04:41 AM
Dude, that's the general idea :D
lol, Well I already loved him! :D :p

emily_reich
March 6th, 2005, 04:50 AM
Yeah, well... he IS a Goa'uld, after all. It's not in their nature to be concerned about others or wish them well. And you could tell it threw him a little.

true dat :D :p it definately threw him :)

Hmm. After he said 'Good luck' he nods slightly. Is that what you meant? Looked to me as if he was making sure his words were understood - to underline them, if you will.

if i'mrecalling it correctly, he nods in the close up, then when it goes to wide shot to watch him leave, there's about a split-second pause where he doesn't leave... i think it has to do with him being sorry to go, as you said... :)

Because he totally caught on to them flirting :D I'm with you on that one.

yes! :D dad catches daughter flirting with a goauld ;) a handsome one ;) but still a goauld :D

Also, did you notice how when he tells them he can't stay any longer, he seems genuinely sorry? Which, in turn, led to Sam being all 'That's cool, don't worry about it. We almost got it. Thanks for the help." He actually risked his life and stayed as long as possible to help them (or to spend more time with Sam :P)

well whichever reason, yes i DID sense genuine concern!! in fact, when i was looking for pictures, i found one where he had a sorry, concerned expression and it wasn't til after that that i realized what scene it was from, and it was that look he gave when he said hewouldn't be able to continue the transmission... in fact, just the way he worded it... he didn't say "i'm leaving now... finish on your own" he explains that his ship is taking damage and he sounds disappointed to also say he has to leave...

and i think you're right... she sensed that and told him it was ok :) i really think he figured she'd say something more like "ok, good... bye then" or just "yeah, ok, bye"... but we all know what ACTUALLY happened :p

i've been trying to upload some pictures of both their expressions, but my image host is bein a bit lazy, so it may not be til later...

emily_reich
March 6th, 2005, 04:52 AM
lol, Well I already loved him! :D :p

how can you NOT love him?? i mean, bad guy who's really a deep-down closet good guy!! a goauld with feelings!! what's not to love??? :) :)

Merrin_Delaney
March 6th, 2005, 05:10 AM
LOL! Very, very, very deep down :D

Pics are good. We need more pics.

Actually...

Are you guys in for some thread redecoration?

I could do with more Ba'al/Sam pics. And I still have some lyrics and lines I want to use for them, so I'm gonna see if I can come up with something new, too.

Angelique
March 6th, 2005, 05:18 AM
how can you NOT love him?? i mean, bad guy who's really a deep-down closet good guy!! a goauld with feelings!! what's not to love??? :) :)
lol, I think you hit the nail on the head, Emily! :p

I could do with more Ba'al/Sam pics. And I still have some lyrics and lines I want to use for them, so I'm gonna see if I can come up with something new, too.
Are there any Ba'al/Sam pics that aren't photoshop? :S

emily_reich
March 6th, 2005, 05:19 AM
Pics are good. We need more pics.

your wish is my command :D :D

ok, they finally uploaded :)

first, the concerned/sorry look as he says he has to go:

http://www.MyOnlineImages.com/Members/emily_reich/images/reckoning - baal56.bmp

then some flirty and otherwise sincere looks to sam:

http://www.MyOnlineImages.com/Members/emily_reich/images/reckoning - baal25.bmp
http://www.MyOnlineImages.com/Members/emily_reich/images/reckoning - baal26.bmp
http://www.MyOnlineImages.com/Members/emily_reich/images/reckoning - baal28.bmp
http://www.MyOnlineImages.com/Members/emily_reich/images/reckoning - baal29.bmp
http://www.MyOnlineImages.com/Members/emily_reich/images/reckoning - baal30.bmp
http://www.MyOnlineImages.com/Members/emily_reich/images/reckoning - baal31.bmp
http://www.MyOnlineImages.com/Members/emily_reich/images/reckoning - baal32.bmp
http://www.MyOnlineImages.com/Members/emily_reich/images/reckoning - baal37.bmp
http://www.MyOnlineImages.com/Members/emily_reich/images/reckoning - baal49.bmp

i'll get more and some sam ones in a bit (as soon as they'll upload :)

Klorel
March 6th, 2005, 05:30 AM
Those pics are GREAT!!!! :)

emily_reich
March 6th, 2005, 05:46 AM

a FEW more baal:
http://www.MyOnlineImages.com/Members/emily_reich/images/reckoning - baal50.bmp
http://www.MyOnlineImages.com/Members/emily_reich/images/reckoning - baal51.bmp
http://www.MyOnlineImages.com/Members/emily_reich/images/reckoning - baal52.bmp
http://www.MyOnlineImages.com/Members/emily_reich/images/reckoning - baal53.bmp

and some sam:

this first pic is from the "goodbye to baal" scene... not the best one, but it's funny... i was gonna go get a better one i saw, but forgot *off to get it now*
http://www.MyOnlineImages.com/Members/emily_reich/images/reckoning - sam15.bmp
http://www.MyOnlineImages.com/Members/emily_reich/images/reckoning - sam14.bmp
http://www.MyOnlineImages.com/Members/emily_reich/images/reckoning - sam13.bmp
http://www.MyOnlineImages.com/Members/emily_reich/images/reckoning - sam12.bmp
http://www.MyOnlineImages.com/Members/emily_reich/images/reckoning - sam11.bmp
http://www.MyOnlineImages.com/Members/emily_reich/images/reckoning - sam10.bmp
http://www.MyOnlineImages.com/Members/emily_reich/images/reckoning - sam9.bmp
http://www.MyOnlineImages.com/Members/emily_reich/images/reckoning - sam8.bmp
http://www.MyOnlineImages.com/Members/emily_reich/images/reckoning - sam7.bmp

Merrin_Delaney
March 6th, 2005, 05:48 AM
Are there any Ba'al/Sam pics that aren't photoshop? :S
Probably not. But I can live with that :D *opens photoshop*

And great pics, Emily! Thanks!

emily_reich
March 6th, 2005, 05:57 AM
you're welcome! :) i wish i could make my own, though, so i could get that better expressions, especially from that last scene :) but alas, i don't have the episode or a way to make caps...

can't wait to see more of your photoshop creations, Merrin :D :p

and chance you could make me one that's 200 pixels tall so it could go in my sig?? :D :) i can't seem to make a good one... :S

emily_reich
March 6th, 2005, 06:08 AM
a few more sam:

http://www.MyOnlineImages.com/Members/emily_reich/images/reckoning - sam20.bmp
http://www.MyOnlineImages.com/Members/emily_reich/images/reckoning - sam21.bmp
http://www.MyOnlineImages.com/Members/emily_reich/images/reckoning - sam22.bmp
http://www.MyOnlineImages.com/Members/emily_reich/images/reckoning - sam23.bmp

Merrin_Delaney
March 6th, 2005, 06:20 AM
any chance you could make me one that's 200 pixels tall so it could go in my sig?? :D :) i can't seem to make a good one... :S
Sure. Provided I can come up with something ;)

Or did you have anything special in mind?

emily_reich
March 6th, 2005, 06:24 AM
thanks! :) nope... nothin special in mind :) fun, romantic, angsty, whatever... i don't discriminate :D

'cept.... :D maybe a fun one about (from the baal thread) how we determined he's got a thing for blondes (channeling mckay ;) :p) ;)

neith4
March 6th, 2005, 06:56 PM
Keep them all coming ladies - all these pics are making me smile!

I dont think Baal is necessarily NOT EVIL or secretly GOOD- wishful thinking ladies ??? but he is a sly fox or perhaps feline who survives with style!!!

He's fun to watch!!!

I do hope we see more of him in season nine since I cant see him running off to serve the ascended biscuits - ooops the Oree Ori whatever they're called this week!!!

Keep those pics coming

I better go home and work on Shipping Out!

Baal will be wearing tight leather pants in one scene!!!

You know the sort you cant buy in shops that appear in LKHamilton novels!!!

Evil giggling while exiting!

emily_reich
March 6th, 2005, 07:27 PM
...baal wears tight leather pants in abyss... :p ;) but that is a discussion for a whole other thread :p

i also don't think he's NOT evil, but he's not COMPLETELY, UNCHANGEABLY evil either... and i think he has genuine good in him somewhere MIXED with a little evil... like i've been speculating, perhaps he BECAME evil :D

also i think the more and more evil anubis becomes, the more and more non-evil baal becomes... i doubt he'll ever be ENTIRELY good (he is a goauld) but he has a good side i think :)

as for our great shipper-dom, i had found a little plot bunny last night as i was signing off... i doubt i could ever write a fic about it, but maybe Merrin could make one of her lovely videos that could do the same thing :D i was thinking that since anubis wants baal dead, baal's gonna want to get rid of the guy.... and methinks there wouldn't be many on the bad guy side of things willing to help him, and he wouldn't be able to do it himself i don't think...so perhaps he would go to earth for help, figuring either a) they owe him for him helping in reckoning or b) they are the only ones he both trusts to want the same outcome AND would be willing to work with him AND the only ones who would even stand a chance at finding a way... and (i think you can see where this is leading) carter is prob'ly the only one who'd be willing to actually help... (perhaps he even knows this?? a kidnap/capture situation??? :p ;))

ok, i'd love for someone to adopt that plot bunny and see what someone does with it :D :D

Hatcheter
March 6th, 2005, 08:08 PM
This thread is the most ridiculous over analasis and wishful reading between the lines I've ever seen. I love it. :D

So anyway, I've got a question that's relevant to my own little plot bunny:
Have we ever seen Ba'al's eyes flash?

Merrin_Delaney
March 6th, 2005, 10:37 PM
Sadly, no. :(

Emily... yet another vidding bunny? Mwahahah! *smooch*
Did you get the clip, by the way?

emily_reich
March 6th, 2005, 10:43 PM
you're welcome!! :D

and i had to go check, but yeah, i got your PM :) *off to go fetch clip now :D* thanks a BUNCH!! :)

and i think this should be our new slogan:

"This thread is the most ridiculous over analasis and wishful reading between the lines I've ever seen."

ROFLMAO!!! thanks for that one Hatcheter :D

we love it too :D :D

Merrin_Delaney
March 6th, 2005, 11:24 PM
and i think this should be our new slogan:

"This thread is the most ridiculous over analasis and wishful reading between the lines I've ever seen."

ROFLMAO!!! thanks for that one Hatcheter :D

we love it too :D :D
*cackles* Can do!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v699/Merrin_Delaney/WishfulThinking.jpg

Shep'sSocks
March 6th, 2005, 11:25 PM
This thread is the most ridiculous over analasis and wishful reading between the lines I've ever seen. I love it. :D

Certainly is quite silly. :P However, though shipper of any sort I am not, one must keep up with both Ba'al threads (no episode title pun intended) because some people (frowns heavily at Emily) don't post pictures in the appreciation thread.

No, we haven't and it makes me wonder why not. Maybe he's not actually a Goa'uld at all but just has one of those voice flanging devices like SG-1 had in that Cadet Hailey episode.

emily_reich
March 6th, 2005, 11:28 PM
ok, upon reviewing of the good luck scene (thanks Merrin!!! :D), i noticed his pause before saying good luck was more of a "ok, what do i say to that"... it looked he was gonna say something else, more maybe, but opted to keep it simple, and display the rest of what he said in THAT LOOK :D ...you can see he opens he takes a breath like he's gonna talk, then pauses again, then gives the flirty look to end all flirty looks and says good luck...

another thing, though... sam keeps staring at the empty space in front of her for a second... almost like she's trying to figure it out herself (like a "was baal flirting with me??" :D)... then when jacob says "that was just creepy" she finally looks away to kinda turn toward him and say "keep working", but then immediately looks back to where baal was... methinks she was still trying to work through in her mind what happened... :D

Merrin_Delaney
March 6th, 2005, 11:30 PM
Maybe he's not actually a Goa'uld at all but just has one of those voice flanging devices like SG-1 had in that Cadet Hailey episode.
LOL! So Ba'al's just some random nerd with a flanging device. How's that for a plot bunny? :D

emily_reich
March 6th, 2005, 11:31 PM
ROFLMAO!!!! OMG Merrin!! that's hilarious!!!!!!!!! i love it!!! :D

Certainly is quite silly. :P However, though shipper of any sort I am not, one must keep up with both Ba'al threads (no episode title pun intended) because some people (frowns heavily at Emily) don't post pictures in the appreciation thread.

i do too :p

No, we haven't and it makes me wonder why not. Maybe he's not actually a Goa'uld at all but just has one of those voice flanging devices like SG-1 had in that Cadet Hailey episode.

lol... now how's THAT be for a plot bunny ;)

lol... that would be kinda funny wouldn't it :D :D thing is i someone woulda noticed he's snakeless by now ;)

edit: we said the same thing at the same time!! lol :D

Shep'sSocks
March 6th, 2005, 11:35 PM
Nope, don't think all those pics have been posted over yonder...

And hey, we should stop posting at the same time. We're like 20,000 miles away from each other. It's such a small world. :D

Merrin_Delaney
March 6th, 2005, 11:36 PM
Wrapped minds think alike ;)

emily_reich
March 6th, 2005, 11:37 PM
lol!! indeed :D

and actually SS, there's only 4 baal pics over here that i didn't post there :p :p

Shep'sSocks
March 7th, 2005, 12:08 AM
I'm not getting all of them, though. :(

I'll just flit from Ba'al thread to Ba'al thread til I get them all... :D

emily_reich
March 7th, 2005, 12:11 AM
lol :D well we don't mind ya flitting here even if you aren't a shipper :p

Shep'sSocks
March 7th, 2005, 12:11 AM
It's all Ba'al discussion, isn't it and that is a Good Thing.

You know, I need a Ba'al sig.

Hatcheter
March 7th, 2005, 12:13 AM
*cackles* Can do!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v699/Merrin_Delaney/WishfulThinking.jpg

ROFLOL!!! Perfect!

LOL! So Ba'al's just some random nerd with a flanging device. How's that for a plot bunny? :D

That's where this plot bunny seems to be heading. Except that he says Ba'al is really a Harcesis! dum dum duuuuuuh

I might put this plot bunny up for adoption. I've got too many others crowding this poor little guy out.

Shep'sSocks
March 7th, 2005, 12:17 AM

I think he was already a human evil overlord who got snaked and the snake found out the host was eviler.

Merrin_Delaney
March 7th, 2005, 12:25 AM
ROFLOL!!! Perfect!
Thanks!

Speaking of which: ART SPAMMAGE!!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v699/Merrin_Delaney/SamBaal4sig.jpg
...Em made me do it :D

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v699/Merrin_Delaney/07small.jpg
...the first of 4 new pics.

Enjoy!

Merrin_Delaney
March 7th, 2005, 12:26 AM
I think he was already a human evil overlord who got snaked and the snake found out the host was eviler.
That must have been quite the letdown for poor little Ba'al, no? :D

emily_reich
March 7th, 2005, 12:38 AM
lol... i was actually thinking something... what if baal was really tok'ra that got put into an evil host :D then the host corrupted him and baal betrayed the host and became a goauld and didn't let the host even talk anymore :D :D

we're just overloading with plot bunnies today! :D

and i love the pics Merrin!! :D :D i'm stealing the leather one :D

Hatcheter
March 7th, 2005, 12:44 AM
lol... i was actually thinking something... what if baal was really tok'ra that got put into an evil host :D then the host corrupted him and baal betrayed the host and became a goauld and didn't let the host even talk anymore :D :D

There's an idea. Maybe he's a Tok'ra who, while undercover, was forced by circumstances to use a sarcophagus several times, corrupting him. Take him away from it, 'detox' him of its effects, and he could come back from the darkside. :cool:

emily_reich
March 7th, 2005, 12:50 AM
hmmm.... now that's interesting too :) actually that's the best theory yet i think :D

the tok'ra either don't like discussin it or have all forgotten on purpose or don't know...

or perhaps the tok'ra originally used the sarcophogus but then realized it was turning their kind bad even though they all started out hating the goauld... :) maybe they managed to get everyone back to the good side of things again 'cept baal :D

Shep'sSocks
March 7th, 2005, 02:25 AM
That must have been quite the letdown for poor little Ba'al, no? :D

Poor little snakey wakey, ya just gotta feel sorry for the kid.

emily_reich
March 7th, 2005, 02:39 AM
^ i'm gonna feel sorry for poor baal next week :o :o

Merrin_Delaney
March 7th, 2005, 02:42 AM
^ i'm gonna feel sorry for poor baal next week :o :o
Naah, no worries ^^.
Nice sig, by the way :D

Shep'sSocks
March 7th, 2005, 02:46 AM
Aw honey, don't feel sorry for him. Remember, he's Ba'al and Anubis is so caught up in his own ego in that scene that Ba'al just watches him go with a look of "Freak" on his face and then just stands there, takes his hands from behind his back in a sort of "Whatever" gesture. I wouldn't be too concerned for him. He probably just packs up his haut courture crowd and books.

emily_reich
March 7th, 2005, 02:46 AM
well anubis is really mean... :o :o so poor baal... he'd BETTER come to carter for help :p

and yeah, ya like?? ;) :p :D

Shep'sSocks
March 7th, 2005, 02:48 AM
Sure, he's mean but he's also really dumb. I bet he couldn't make a gravity generator with his own hands. If he had hands.

emily_reich
March 7th, 2005, 03:00 AM
definately!! trouble is, as stupid and only-all-about-power as he is, he does happen to be a half-ascended being who no one can seem to kill :eek: so baal had better defeat him!!

ya know, wouldn't it be the ultimate ship moment if baal went to earth to get sam's help defeating anubis?? :p without even bein shippy about, though, it would be the logical choice! baal's smart, so he'd prob'ly do whatever he needed to to get rid of anubis and save his skin... now he knows he can trust her to not just try and kill him (especially if they are working together toward something), and knows she's a smart cookie who might be able to help him out... :)

and if they DO feel it in some way necessary :( to kill him, would it be worth it to us if he was killed doing something noble (destroying anubis, saving carter ;) :p, ya know, something... :p)????

Angelique
March 7th, 2005, 03:00 AM
lol, that was what I came here to say. Look at all the great plot bunnys that gave us too. :D

Any one else like to see Ba'al make it to the Pegasus Galaxy?

emily_reich
March 7th, 2005, 03:01 AM
i'd LOVE to see him there!! maybe they should send sam to atlantis (she would be useful :D) and baal just can't help but follow :D :p

Merrin_Delaney
March 7th, 2005, 03:06 AM
Yeah, but there are evil Wraith there!! What do you think would happen, when a Wraith feeds off a Goa'uld? I mean, with them having super special healing powers and all that? Could be quite the snack. Poor Ba'al :P

emily_reich
March 7th, 2005, 03:09 AM
i know! lol... i was actually thinking about that the other day (don't remember why)...

since the wraith feed of the life force and suck age out, wouldn't a goauld who has TWO lives in one and has been reviving (adding more life) for hundreds of years be like a 7 course meal!! man, if the wraith ever found out about the goauld and tok'ra it would actually make things a LOT messier but a lot more interesting :eek: :) :)

but they'd better not get baal!! :eek: :eek:

Merrin_Delaney
March 7th, 2005, 03:11 AM
Of course they won't get Ba'al... Sam will save him :P

NightGloom
March 7th, 2005, 03:35 AM
Oh my gosh... you guys are nuts (in a good way :p )

But all throughout that scene in Reckoning Part 2 I do see where this is coming from.

emily_reich
March 7th, 2005, 03:48 AM
hehe :D we snagged another one :D

as for nuts... i like nuts... not peanuts, but cashews are good ;) :p

yeah, we're nuts :D

and Merrin, i made an avatar out of your sig (which i see you changed back to :D i like that one :D):

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v674/emily_reich/sambaalbig2x60.png

Merrin_Delaney
March 7th, 2005, 04:12 AM
hehe :D we snagged another one :D

as for nuts... i like nuts... not peanuts, but cashews are good ;) :p

yeah, we're nuts :D

and Merrin, i made an avatar out of your sig (which i see you changed back to :D i like that one :D):

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v674/emily_reich/sambaalbig2x60.png
We're on a mission. We will convert them ALL!!! *cough*

Nuts are good... is good. Who wants to be normal anyway? :D

You know, I did those little pics, too. But so many details get lost in the process... *sob*
Brighten it up a bit, though, wil ya? :) *wishes she could use custom avatars*
And, yeah I resized and changed it. Coz the other one takes forever to load, when you're on dial-up :D

Angelique
March 7th, 2005, 04:13 AM
i know! lol... i was actually thinking about that the other day (don't remember why)...

since the wraith feed of the life force and suck age out, wouldn't a goauld who has TWO lives in one and has been reviving (adding more life) for hundreds of years be like a 7 course meal!! man, if the wraith ever found out about the goauld and tok'ra it would actually make things a LOT messier but a lot more interesting :eek: :) :)

but they'd better not get baal!! :eek: :eek:
Yeah, But wouldn't it be a great episode? The wraith capture Ba'al (Sam(and maybe Shep & Mckay :D ) just better save him though before he's lunch!). I was thinking about that last night, What if Steve captures Ba'al. :D

emily_reich
March 7th, 2005, 04:15 AM
lol... well i actually had to make it suck a bit to make it small enough.... :o :o

... so any chance we'll see this plot-bunny-inspired vid any time soon?? :D :D

Merrin_Delaney
March 7th, 2005, 04:15 AM
I was thinking about that last night, What if Steve captures Ba'al. :D
Oooh, they wouldn't get along at all :D I wonder who's got the bigger ego, though...

emily_reich
March 7th, 2005, 04:17 AM
Yeah, But wouldn't it be a great episode? The wraith capture Ba'al (Sam(and maybe Shep & Mckay :D ) just better save him though before he's lunch!). I was thinking about that last night, What if Steve captures Ba'al. :D

lol... well as long as they saved him from bein steve's turkey sandwich... ;) :p

yeah, that would be kinda fun :) everyone else'd be like "no! don't go save a goa'uld!" and she find some brilliant scientific explanation for why they can't let the wraith eat even one goa'uld and they'd go "ok, sounds good" and sam'd save her man in time :D :p

or ya know... what if BAAL captured STEVE :D :D

Angelique
March 7th, 2005, 04:31 AM
Oooh, they wouldn't get along at all :D I wonder who's got the bigger ego, though...
Defiantly Steve!

Merrin_Delaney
March 7th, 2005, 04:32 AM
or ya know... what if BAAL captured STEVE
Well, Ba'al likes science (just another thing he's got in common with Sam)
He'd want to know what makes Steve tick... poor Steve :P

Angelique
March 7th, 2005, 04:33 AM
lol... well as long as they saved him from bein steve's turkey sandwich... ;) :p

yeah, that would be kinda fun :) everyone else'd be like "no! don't go save a goa'uld!" and she find some brilliant scientific explanation for why they can't let the wraith eat even one goa'uld and they'd go "ok, sounds good" and sam'd save her man in time :D :p

or ya know... what if BAAL captured STEVE :D :D
LOL, Someone do a fanfic!

emily_reich
March 7th, 2005, 04:37 AM
and ya know, it's PHYSICS that they're both into ;)

and yes!! someone write a fanfic!! i SO wish i could still write good fics, but i'm really rusty... plus it takes lots of time if it's gonna be any good :S

and yes, steve has much more ego... baal doesn't take himself too seriously :p

Merrin_Delaney
March 7th, 2005, 04:45 AM
Steve (is lying on the gravity net): "You are so pathetic."
Ba'al: "Insolence!!" *lets go of the knive*
Steve (grins): "You cannot hope to kill me. My wound is already healing. I am INVINCIBLE!!"
Ba'al (narrows his eyes at him and smirks): "We shall see..."

Now you write something :D

emily_reich
March 7th, 2005, 04:53 AM
a nice baal story :D not very baal/sam, but we can change that :D

***later***

baal: you continue to try my patience
steve: soon you will make a mistake and i WILL feast on you
baal: *smirks* i don't think so

(anyone wanna bring sam into this soon :D :D)

Merrin_Delaney
March 7th, 2005, 05:11 AM
But why would Sam be there? Did Ba'al capture her, too? Maybe she fought Steve and he just snagged them both?

emily_reich
March 7th, 2005, 05:16 AM
see!! there ya go! :D i knew ya could! :)

and ya know, i was just listening to some tunes and realized more and more songs are reminding me of our ship these days ;) and they'd make some great music vids :D

i know i really liked the one in your vid, Merrin!

does anyone have any songs that make them think of sam/baal?? :D :D

just in the last 20 minutes, i've had two :D

"whisper" and "bring me to life" by evanescence :D (then again, those two songs remind me of a couple different things :D)

Merrin_Delaney
March 7th, 2005, 05:28 AM
does anyone have any songs that make them think of sam/baal?? :D :D

just in the last 20 minutes, i've had two :D

"whisper" and "bring me to life" by evanescence :D (then again, those two songs remind me of a couple different things :D)
Oooh, this I like :D
Right now I can think of two songs, both angsty but utterly yum:
Inferno by Lunascape and Wedding Song by Fruit. You probably won't know them, but that's what Private Messages are for *wink*
... I could post the lyrics, though... if ya want...

emily_reich
March 7th, 2005, 05:34 AM
yes :D bring on the lyrics!! :) and i'm always up for some great new songs :D

lol... right now i'm listening to "moonlight becomes you so"... a classic, but another great one :D

here's the lyrics for my two:

"Whisper"

Catch me as I fall
Say you're here and it's all over now
Speaking to the atmosphere
No one's here and I fall into myself
This truth drives me
Into madness
I know I can stop the pain
If I will it all away

[Chorus:]
Don't turn away
(Don't give in to the pain)
Don't try to hide
(Though they're screaming your name)
Don't close your eyes
(God knows what lies behind them)
Don't turn out the light
(Never sleep never die)

I'm frightened by what I see
But somehow I know
That there's much more to come
Immobilized by my fear
And soon to be
Blinded by tears
I can stop the pain
If I will it all away

[Chorus]

Fallen angels at my feet
Whispered voices at my ear
Death before my eyes
Lying next to me I fear
She beckons me
Shall I give in
Upon my end shall I begin
Forsaking all I've fallen for
I rise to meet the end

[Chorus x3]
Servatis a pereculum. (save us from danger IIRC)
Servatis a maleficum (save us from evil, also IIRC)

"Bring Me To Life"

how can you see into my eyes like open doors
leading you down into my core
where I’ve become so numb without a soul my spirit sleeping somewhere cold
until you find it there and lead it back home

(Wake me up)
Wake me up inside
(I can’t wake up)
Wake me up inside
(Save me)
call my name and save me from the dark
(Wake me up)
bid my blood to run
(I can’t wake up)
before I come undone
(Save me)
save me from the nothing I’ve become

now that I know what I’m without
you can't just leave me
breathe into me and make me real
bring me to life

(Wake me up)
Wake me up inside
(I can’t wake up)
Wake me up inside
(Save me)
(Wake me up)
bid my blood to run
(I can’t wake up)
before I come undone
(Save me)

Bring me to life
(I've been living a lie, there's nothing inside)
Bring me to life

frozen inside without your touch without your love darling only you are the life among the dead

all this time I can't believe I couldn't see
kept in the dark but you were there in front of me
I’ve been sleeping a thousand years it seems
got to open my eyes to everything
without a thought without a voice without a soul
don't let me die here
there must be something more
bring me to life

(Wake me up)
Wake me up inside
(I can’t wake up)
Wake me up inside
(Save me)
(Wake me up)
bid my blood to run
(I can’t wake up)
before I come undone
(Save me)

(Bring me to life)
I’ve been living a lie, there’s nothing inside
(Bring me to life)

Merrin_Delaney
March 7th, 2005, 05:51 AM
Fruit - Wedding Song

Give me the morning / bring me sorrow - bring me death / Just to feel my life - / feel the blood in my veins. / Lay the knife in my hand - / I'm in love with its blade. / The pain is my cure - / it feels like a warm embrace. / Don't you try to heal me - / don't you know I will deny? / I'm all alone here - / I'm the angel - but I can't fly.

Every day is like the answer to my lies / you are the stranger - / you are the thief in my life. / So be the server - / be the last one on my list! / you'll never be more than / a stranger I can't miss .

Give me the night - let me dive / in its lights. / Just to feel a miracle - to / ignore my fight. / your love is hate - your pain is / all mine. / Shows me the path with / all the love beside. / Leave be here, take the flowers / to your home! / Don't you dare to believe me - / cause I know you'd never care / Care. Care. Care.

Lunascape - Inferno

Your love inferno / defines your anger / the way you are
My love inferno / angelic candle, gelignite / I'll try to cease the burning of you

How can I enjoy your inferno / could it be eternal / I'll refuse your love

Endless inferno / reveals your sorrow / for every rage / I'll try to break / your Catherine Weel again

How can I enjoy your inferno / could it be eternal / I'll refuse your love

:)

emily_reich
March 7th, 2005, 05:56 AM
definately angst but yum :)

especially love the first one!! :)

*listening to more music* :D

Ancient 1
March 7th, 2005, 06:19 AM
Must have over looked this thread: After watching Reckoning P2, I think I did see a spark, but maybe it was just mutual admiration/respect. What an interesting pairing, if only Baal could get over his "god" complex.

Angelique
March 7th, 2005, 06:29 AM
Must have over looked this thread: After watching Reckoning P2, I think I did see a spark, but maybe it was just mutual admiration/respect. What an interesting pairing, if only Baal could get over his "god" complex.
What God complex? :eek: :D :rolleyes: :p

emily_reich
March 7th, 2005, 06:41 AM
actually, we've kinda come to the conclusion that he's the only goa'uld who DOESN'T have a god complex :)

so there ya go!! they're a match made in.... well.... dakara?? :S

:D :D

Merrin_Delaney
March 7th, 2005, 07:38 AM
Re: Ba'al Appreciation Thread

You are evil, little Miss. Evil.
Want new pic?

Willow
March 7th, 2005, 08:31 AM
I know you weren't talking to me, but new pics are always welcome :)

Merrin_Delaney
March 7th, 2005, 08:51 AM
That's cool. Hi, by the way! :D

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v699/Merrin_Delaney/08small.jpg

It could do with a slogan, though. Ideas, anyone??

Lord Zedd
March 7th, 2005, 09:02 AM
You guys are sick.First you start a thread for a ship with Sam and Thor now Ba'al :D You are nuts :D

emily_reich
March 7th, 2005, 09:03 AM
me?? evil?? :o

(maybe it's all this talk of goa'uld... :p)

and i love the pic!! great photoshopping!! i love it!! :) *thinking of possible slogan*

emily_reich
March 7th, 2005, 09:06 AM
You guys are sick.First you start a thread for a ship with Sam and Thor now Ba'al :D You are nuts :D

what ya talkin about?? WE didn't start the sam/thor thread ;) :p :D

yes we're nuts :D

Willow
March 7th, 2005, 09:07 AM
Sam: 'You want me to do what?!'

emily_reich
March 7th, 2005, 09:18 AM
lol.... ok, i've spent too much time at the "stargate pick up lines" thread over in OT, and Willow's reminded me of this one:

"So... you wanna make my harsesis?" ;)

Merrin_Delaney
March 7th, 2005, 09:18 AM
Sam: 'You want me to do what?!'
*snicker*

Merrin_Delaney
March 7th, 2005, 09:24 AM
lol.... ok, i've spent too much time at the "stargate pick up lines" thread over in OT, and Willow's reminded me of this one:

"So... you wanna make my harsesis?" ;)
Stargate Pick Up Lines? Like 'Is that your snake or are you just happy to see me'??

emily_reich
March 7th, 2005, 09:25 AM
lol... have you not seen the thread?? :D it's hilarious!! you should check it out :D

and yes, lines like that... :p

Merrin_Delaney
March 7th, 2005, 09:31 AM
I will.... tomorrow. See ya then :D

ForeverSg1
March 7th, 2005, 09:33 AM
I have to say I'm a S/J Shipper through and through, but I must admit Baal is so utterly yummy that it's hard not to admire this thread. He's second only to Jack in lickability...erm likability, and if for some reason my other ship sank, I could totally see myself jumping onto this one!! ;)

Sexy, sarcastic, and able to recode the Stargates to open simultaneously... what's not to love about Baal.

ForeverSG1

emily_reich
March 7th, 2005, 09:37 AM
lol... we even snagged another sam/jack shipper! ;) welcome to the club :)

we're kinda nuts in here :D

emily_reich
March 7th, 2005, 10:10 AM
ok, just for Merrin :D

Ultimate Stargate Pick-up Lines (http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=5433)

:p enjoy

Angelique
March 7th, 2005, 11:23 AM
That's cool. Hi, by the way! :D

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v699/Merrin_Delaney/08small.jpg

It could do with a slogan, though. Ideas, anyone??
Can I steal that for my sig? :D Might have to edit it a little, so it will fit in with the rest though. :S I need a slogan though, What's our slogan anyway? To fit it in my sig though it has to be a small slogan. :S
BTW, What is our name? Ba'am? :p

EDIT: Post 666th. :eek:

Wandering Tamer
March 7th, 2005, 02:39 PM
Wow, I feel so bad not having posted here since i started this.

I was thinking about Ba'al and Carter. They can't show affection openly because they are on opposing sides so they have to do it subtly like in Threads. YOu know, with winks and nods. It's sorta like a Romeo and Juliet type thing.

So, I was thinking about writing a story for Ba'al and Carter since I have time this week. I need ideas though. The ones I'm currently running with are the rogue Tok'ra, Ba'al thing for blondes, some influence from his host, and some history of his lotar from Abyss. And I was thinking that there's this syndrome where a captive evenutally breaks and falls in love with his or her captor. I'm thinking of using that as well. ANyone got the name?

Oh, and other ideas would be appreciated.

Wandering Tamer
March 7th, 2005, 03:08 PM
And who says we're crazy? If that's what we are, doesn't that make us normal in this mix?

Hey, do Tok'ra have their eyes glow? Cause I think the only time was in the Tok'ra pt 1 and 2 when they were pissed cause we called them Go'auld. Anyway, I was thinking on the lines of Ba'al not being a Go'auld and having a voice thing. That would certainly explain why he seems to be aging when Go'auld's don't age cause of the Sarcaphagus. How Sam and Ba'al can grow old together. Or... go insane by using a Sarcaphagus.

Come to think of it, how many of have used one of them, cause we seem pretty evil and insane.

Angelique
March 7th, 2005, 03:14 PM
And who says we're crazy? If that's what we are, doesn't that make us normal in this mix?

Hey, do Tok'ra have their eyes glow? Cause I think the only time was in the Tok'ra pt 1 and 2 when they were pissed cause we called them Go'auld. Anyway, I was thinking on the lines of Ba'al not being a Go'auld and having a voice thing. That would certainly explain why he seems to be aging when Go'auld's don't age cause of the Sarcaphagus.
Hmm, didn't Martouf's eyes glow? It is strange that Ba'al's eyes have never glowed. :rolleyes:

Klorel
March 7th, 2005, 03:37 PM
I never noticed that! That is very interesting.

emily_reich
March 7th, 2005, 03:54 PM

I was thinking about Ba'al and Carter. They can't show affection openly because they are on opposing sides so they have to do it subtly like in Threads. YOu know, with winks and nods. It's sorta like a Romeo and Juliet type thing.

So, I was thinking about writing a story for Ba'al and Carter since I have time this week. I need ideas though. The ones I'm currently running with are the rogue Tok'ra, Ba'al thing for blondes, some influence from his host, and some history of his lotar from Abyss. And I was thinking that there's this syndrome where a captive evenutally breaks and falls in love with his or her captor. I'm thinking of using that as well. ANyone got the name?

i have a couple plot bunnies!! i think i posted my biggest one earlier in the thread... about baal taking carter to help him defeat anubis once and for all :D then of course, we know the rest ;) or wait, we don't! we need to read it! :D

but, erm.... yeah :)

Hatcheter
March 7th, 2005, 04:57 PM

It's called Stockholm syndrome, defined as "the psychological tendency of a hostage to bond with, identify with, or sympathize with his or her captor".

emily_reich
March 7th, 2005, 05:08 PM
...i think sam would DEFINATELY catch that syndrome if she was captured by baal.... that flirty devil ;) :p he'd have her in under 12 hours! (ok, any other bets here :D)

Shep'sSocks
March 7th, 2005, 05:14 PM
definately!! trouble is, as stupid and only-all-about-power as he is, he does happen to be a half-ascended being who no one can seem to kill :eek: so baal had better defeat him!!

ya know, wouldn't it be the ultimate ship moment if baal went to earth to get sam's help defeating anubis?? :p without even bein shippy about, though, it would be the logical choice! baal's smart, so he'd prob'ly do whatever he needed to to get rid of anubis and save his skin... now he knows he can trust her to not just try and kill him (especially if they are working together toward something), and knows she's a smart cookie who might be able to help him out... :)

and if they DO feel it in some way necessary :( to kill him, would it be worth it to us if he was killed doing something noble (destroying anubis, saving carter ;) :p, ya know, something... :p)????

I really don't think killing Ba'al is a good idea, Em. No, don't like that idea at all, even if he was being all noble. Can one be noble and self-interested at the same time?? :D

Shep'sSocks
March 7th, 2005, 05:16 PM
i'd LOVE to see him there!! maybe they should send sam to atlantis (she would be useful :D) and baal just can't help but follow :D :p

No, no! No Sam in Atlantis. Then it would become all about her and I like my Atlantis just the way it is. Ba'al can go, of course.

emily_reich
March 7th, 2005, 05:31 PM
well i don't WANT him to die (heck no!! thay'd better not! :eek: :eek: ) but if they DID, would it make it at least not the worst episode ever if they made his death actually GOOD (a la elliot/lantash in last stand, daniel in meridian, or apophis in serpent's song)????? :) i would SCREAM if they killed him off like martouf, frasier, or about a billion tok'ra, goa'uld, and rebel jaffa.... :o

emily_reich
March 7th, 2005, 05:32 PM
No, no! No Sam in Atlantis. Then it would become all about her and I like my Atlantis just the way it is. Ba'al can go, of course.

well if no sam, then no baal for me! ;) :p :D

can't have him leavin' her behind in a whole other GALAXY, now can we?? :p ;)

MajorSam
March 7th, 2005, 05:33 PM
Hey everyone, it's been bugging and bugging me, but I just had to say that although I'm a 500% Sam/Jack shipper, after Reckoning...

SAM/BAAL FOREVER!!!

I was literally screaming at my friends watching it going "OMG DO YOU SEE IT!?!?!? DO YOU!?!?"

It was beautiful... i'll never look at Baal the same again!!!

emily_reich
March 7th, 2005, 05:39 PM
YES!!!!!!!!!!!! another one! :p

and yes!!!!! i was totally trying to convince my sis of the same thing! lol (sent her the clip of the good luck scene ;)) i can't understand how she doesn't see it :p ;) :D

and ditto on baal... after this episode i will never think of him the same again... he's not your average goa'uld :D

he's a flirty devil, that guy ;) :p

NightGloom
March 7th, 2005, 06:29 PM
YES!!!!!!!!!!!! another one! :p

and yes!!!!! i was totally trying to convince my sis of the same thing! lol (sent her the clip of the good luck scene ;)) i can't understand how she doesn't see it :p ;) :D

and ditto on baal... after this episode i will never think of him the same again... he's not your average goa'uld :D

he's a flirty devil, that guy ;) :p

Geez, even I saw the ship, but then again I was looking for it since I saw this thread before I saw Reckoning Pt. 2, but during that scene I was just like "Oh My God! I do see this ship"... it would be an... interesting plotline.

MajorSam
March 7th, 2005, 06:39 PM
Geez, even I saw the ship, but then again I was looking for it since I saw this thread before I saw Reckoning Pt. 2, but during that scene I was just like "Oh My God! I do see this ship"... it would be an... interesting plotline.

*Sighs at all the possibilities*

*Gets brilliant epiphany regarding a Baal/Sam Fan Fic...:eek: *runs off to write**

emily_reich
March 7th, 2005, 07:05 PM
yay!! a baal/sam fic!!! bout time!! hurry up on that... we can be an impatient bunch :p

*looks to Merrin for next music video*

MajorSam
March 7th, 2005, 07:06 PM
yay!! a baal/sam fic!!! bout time!! hurry up on that... we can be an impatient bunch :p

*wheels dramatically down dead*

There are VIDS!?!?! LINK poeple, LINK! I just got here, help the newbie! ;)

Re/fic. What kind do you want? An actual *gasp* plot :eek: or some fabulous shameless Sam/Baal smut ;)

emily_reich
March 7th, 2005, 07:11 PM
how bout plot AND smut??? :) i'd REALLY like someone to adopt my plot bunny for the plot :D but any plot could be fun, if at least SOMEWHAT plausible :p

as for smut... well, baal can be a seductive devil too, ya know... you can just run with it from there ;) :D

and the link... uh... it's somewhere back in the thread... it's Merrin's...

Wandering Tamer
March 7th, 2005, 07:11 PM
It's called Stockholm syndrome, defined as "the psychological tendency of a hostage to bond with, identify with, or sympathize with his or her captor".
Thanks, now i'll know what to call it.

So.... emily_reich, Angelique, Merrin_Delaney: you're what? the three musketeers of the Ba'al crusades. <Yes, I know I got my references mixed up.> lol. If that's so, can I be d’Artagnan, the scragily wanna be? Oh, wait, wrong reference, never mind.

CKO
March 7th, 2005, 07:13 PM
*pokes out from lurkin* okay... i've lurked... here i am... another ship, interesting yea there was definatly a spark between sam/ba'al in pt2 ;)

emily_reich
March 7th, 2005, 07:14 PM
lol... yeah, we kinda are, aren't we :D me and angelique also share almost ALL our ships ('sides sam/jack) :p :p we're all just crazy shippers :D

emily_reich
March 7th, 2005, 07:15 PM
hey CKO!!! welcome :D ya notice how basically ALL us sheyla gals are over here too now ;) :p (well those of us old-timers anyway :p)

Wandering Tamer
March 7th, 2005, 07:27 PM
hey CKO!!! welcome :D ya notice how basically ALL us sheyla gals are over here too now ;) :p (well those of us old-timers anyway :p)

Well, I suppose ships of a feather sink and float together. ... there I ago again with the mix and match of idioms.

CKO
March 7th, 2005, 07:52 PM

yea... its kinda wierd i know ;)

emily_reich
March 7th, 2005, 07:52 PM
LOL!! it's fun mixing idioms i think :D :D

Merrin_Delaney
March 7th, 2005, 11:32 PM
Can I steal that for my sig? :D Might have to edit it a little, so it will fit in with the rest though. :S
Feel free :D
And you're right, we do need a slogan.

Thanks, now i'll know what to call it.

So.... emily_reich, Angelique, Merrin_Delaney: you're what? the three musketeers of the Ba'al crusades. <Yes, I know I got my references mixed up.> lol. If that's so, can I be d’Artagnan, the scragily wanna be? Oh, wait, wrong reference, never mind.
Bwahaha! Love it. We're the three musketeers on a mission to convert the forum. Ba'al/Sam FOREVER!!! :D

Well, *cough*... I actually got the outline of the story done yesterday. And also a list with possible songs. But I don't yet know if this will work or not.
Pacience, my dear :P

emily_reich
March 7th, 2005, 11:50 PM
patience?? i don't know the meaning of the word!! :p ;)

mind giving us a sneak peak? a little tease of the outline and the songs you're choosing between??? pretty please :D

and any chance i could get that song you used in the first one?? i got it out of the video into audio but i had to use windows movie maker and it only saves 'em as wma, and i was stupid and got rid of my converter, so i can't make it into anything else, so i can't play it on itunes... :o :o (help to a suffering fellow musketeer?? :D)

Shep'sSocks
March 7th, 2005, 11:55 PM
I think we could have a preview of the story. You never know, I might be converted.

emily_reich
March 8th, 2005, 12:04 AM
wow... SS admitting to a possible conversion?? :eek:

:D :p

so yes!! it's unanimous by those here right now!! bring on a preview, Merrin :p

Shep'sSocks
March 8th, 2005, 12:08 AM
Not admitting to it per se, I just want to see what happens with a fic.

Merrin_Delaney
March 8th, 2005, 12:23 AM
Re: preview

Right. Let's see... this is Em's plotbunny, by the way.

We start of with something from Threads, which leads to Ba'al seeking out Earth's help. I've got specific scenes in mind here, including Ba'al being on a mothership, the flight to Earth, him being in the gateroom, etc.
We then cut to Sam gearing up and leaving through the gate, followed by her being on board of a cargo ship and talking to Ba'al over the comms. Next up is a shot of a ring beam going from cargo ship to mothership, cut to Sam doing something on the pel'tak (maybe operating the ships computer or whatever) and Ba'al watching her ...

tbc...

Like it? Hate it? Converted? :D

emily_reich
March 8th, 2005, 12:26 AM
like it :) and no need to be converted here :D

now we need a FIC to go along with this vid :D then we can have the visual stuff AND the fleshed-out story!! :)

so what songs ya deciding between?? :)

Hatcheter
March 8th, 2005, 12:27 AM
And you're right, we do need a slogan.

How about "Reading Between the Lines"? ;) :rolleyes:

emily_reich
March 8th, 2005, 12:31 AM
LOL!!! i love it!!! it'll go great with my other sig pic too ;)

Merrin_Delaney
March 8th, 2005, 12:39 AM
so what songs ya deciding between??
Sarah Brightman - Eden
Delerium - Innocente
ATB - Autumn leaves
Conjure One - Sleep
Balligomingo - Falling
E.S. Posthumus - Nara
Sarah Brightman - Murder In Mairyland Park

Has to be somewhat like the other one, were the main focus is on the mood and the music and not on the lyrics.

How about "Reading Between the Lines"?
*falls off chair* Lovely :D

Shep'sSocks
March 8th, 2005, 12:39 AM
I can see the Shep sig pic being squeezed out of the way sometime soon... :D

Merrin_Delaney
March 8th, 2005, 12:41 AM
I can see the Shep sig pic being squeezed out of the way sometime soon... :D
YAY!!! Success!!!

emily_reich
March 8th, 2005, 12:42 AM
yes... usually vid music is about the mood and music (i got lucky with one one time where mood, music, AND words all fit perfectly with the images :) but that's SUPER rare :))

i've never heard any of those though... :S (**whispers** any chance you could send a couple my way?? you have great music :) **whispers**) :D

and i THINK we have a slogan, folks!! :D :p

Shep'sSocks
March 8th, 2005, 12:49 AM
YAY!!! Success!!!

Who me? No, no, was talking about Emily's Shep sig pic. I don't have a sig yet. Obviously, I want a Ba'al one. Just need to do a good one.

emily_reich
March 8th, 2005, 12:52 AM
lol... well yeah, he might get bumped out ;) poor shep... he'll have to wait til i'm out of my baal and baal/sam phase :D :p

i can make you a baal sig!! :)

Merrin_Delaney
March 8th, 2005, 12:52 AM
Who me? No, no, was talking about Emily's Shep sig pic. I don't have a sig yet. Obviously, I want a Ba'al one. Just need to do a good one.
Damnit!

*now waiting for a good Ba'al sig from you*

Shep'sSocks
March 8th, 2005, 12:57 AM
lol... well yeah, he might get bumped out ;) poor shep... he'll have to wait til i'm out of my baal and baal/sam phase :D :p

i can make you a baal sig!! :)

Ooh, would you? Just a Ba'al one, not a ship one. I haven't gone over to the dark side yet. :P

emily_reich
March 8th, 2005, 01:06 AM
lol.. sure!!

ok... ya want lots of baals?? just one picture?? want it wide and not too tall?? average size (like Merrin's)??? want me to pretty it up with shotoshop?? want pic/s from summit/last stand, abyss, or reckoning??

:)

Shep'sSocks
March 8th, 2005, 01:31 AM
My favourite pictures are these ones:

emily_reich
March 8th, 2005, 01:34 AM
want a slogan or anything?? words of any kind?? or just the picture??

Shep'sSocks
March 8th, 2005, 01:36 AM
Yeah, but I can't think of one at the moment. Other than yon general "Evil never looked this good", of course.

emily_reich
March 8th, 2005, 01:46 AM
well good cuz that's what i put :D

here's one of the pics (i'll work on the other two next, and you can take 'em all or choose between them :))

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v674/emily_reich/abyss-baal8psbigx200.jpg

Shep'sSocks
March 8th, 2005, 01:50 AM
*squeeeee!*

Love it. :)

Merrin_Delaney
March 8th, 2005, 01:52 AM
OMG!! Guys, look at this...
I found a fic 'Absolution' (http://www.samandjack.net/stories/sjarchive6/scabsolution.html) by Sue Corkill (mscorkill@earthlink.net)
It's Sam/Jack, but it has some tiny Sam/Ba'al in it:

The room was sumptuous, elaborately appointed and she instinctively knew where she was...and whom she was with. She never saw his face, but she could sense the strength and power emanating from him—and his symbiote. His voice was a low and seductive murmur in her ear, the warmth from his lean body surrounding her as he stood close behind her, steadying her outstretched arm with one of his.

"Do not be afraid," he whispered, placing his hand around hers, the lace from his cuff falling lightly across her fingers as he adjusted her grip on the knife. "Your lover will not die."

She wanted to tell him that the Colonel wasn't her lover, but knew he would see through her words to what lay in hidden her heart—and he already knew too much. So instead, she vainly searched the dim recesses of the room for the Colonel. She couldn't see him, yet she knew he was there...waiting. Waiting for her to help him, to rescue him.

She opened her mouth, to call out to him, but before she could, Ba'al whispered smoothly in her ear, "You have killed him before." His fingers tightened brutally around her wrist, her grip loosened on the knife and before she knew what was happening, it slid smoothly from her grasp. Sam watched in horror, as the knife seemed to fly of its own volition, deep into the shadows of the room. She tried to pull away from Ba'al, but he wrapped a muscular arm around her waist, holding her securely. A strangled cry of pain sounded from somewhere in the darkness in front of her and she sobbed, her knees buckling. She sagged helplessly in the Goa'uld's strong embrace, tears starting to run down her face when she realized what had just happened. And all the while, she could hear Ba'al's voice whispering triumphantly in her ear, "Do not cry, my pet. You have not killed him...this time."

Damn! Now I want smut. No, really. GIMMME!!!

Shep'sSocks
March 8th, 2005, 01:54 AM
Was I supposed to giggle all the way through that?

emily_reich
March 8th, 2005, 01:56 AM
O.M.G.!!!!!!!!! gimme smut!! NOW!!!!

:eek: i mean... just... :eek: can we get THIS fanfic writer please?? :p just without so much jack/sam gettin in the way of the baal/sam??? ;) :p

emily_reich
March 8th, 2005, 01:57 AM

lol... there are a couple giggle moments... but stilll... just wait... you will be converted!! :p

Merrin_Delaney
March 8th, 2005, 01:59 AM
Dude, the Sam/Jack made me laugh, too.

emily_reich
March 8th, 2005, 02:00 AM
^ but the sam/baal made it ALL worth it ;) :p

Merrin_Delaney
March 8th, 2005, 02:06 AM
*nodnod* Still want the smut, by the way. :D

Shep'sSocks
March 8th, 2005, 02:08 AM
Dude, the Sam/Jack made me laugh, too.

Yeah, there's a lot of fic that makes me do that.

emily_reich
March 8th, 2005, 02:10 AM
stuff that's WAY overdramatic like that... yeah... but i still want that baal/sam smut!! :D :D

Shep'sSocks
March 8th, 2005, 02:11 AM
Does it have to have a story attached to it?

Merrin_Delaney
March 8th, 2005, 02:11 AM
Yeah, there's a lot of fic that makes me do that.
*snerk* I know. Try as I might, but I just don't see it.

emily_reich
March 8th, 2005, 02:14 AM
Does it have to have a story attached to it?

well i'd PREFER a story.... but at this point i wouldn't descriminate ;) :D

emily_reich
March 8th, 2005, 02:17 AM
*snerk* I know. Try as I might, but I just don't see it.

well it even goes for ships i ship for and ships i'm just generally not opposed to... i've seen some pretty atrociously out-of-character and WAY over-the-top stuff :eek: :eek: (baal/sam = ONLY fanfic emily will read no matter what and ignore her usual super-picky tendencies :D)

Merrin_Delaney
March 8th, 2005, 02:18 AM
well i'd PREFER a story.... but at this point i wouldn't descriminate ;) :D
Yeah, me neither. We're so shallow :D

Shep'sSocks
March 8th, 2005, 02:19 AM
Most smut doesn't need a story, of course. :D

And okay, I give up, how do I insert a picture into a sig? The instructions in the FAQ are particularly unhelpful.

emily_reich
March 8th, 2005, 02:19 AM
we are... :p *getting impatient waiting for that smut story* :D

emily_reich
March 8th, 2005, 02:20 AM

And okay, I give up, how do I insert a picture into a sig? The instructions in the FAQ are particularly unhelpful.

go to "my controls", then "edit signature" and add an image in [img][ /img] tags (without the space of course ;)) :)

Merrin_Delaney
March 8th, 2005, 02:21 AM

You need to upload it to a server first.
photobucket.com would do the trick :P

Shep'sSocks
March 8th, 2005, 02:27 AM
Thank you!

Testing it out....

Nope, that didn't work...

Shep'sSocks
March 8th, 2005, 02:32 AM
Hmmm, it previews okay...

Ah!

emily_reich
March 8th, 2005, 02:34 AM
weird that itdidn't add it to all your old posts too...

but awesome!! :)

Shep'sSocks
March 8th, 2005, 02:46 AM
Even if you do say so yourself! Where's my next pic, I ask in a demanding tone.

emily_reich
March 8th, 2005, 02:50 AM
getting there!! sorry... can't do ten things at once, ya know... :p ;)

....so anyway, about that smut... :D

Merrin_Delaney
March 8th, 2005, 02:54 AM
getting there!! sorry... can't do ten things at once, ya know... :p ;)

....so anyway, about that smut... :D
Smut! Smut! Smut! Smut! Smut! Smut! :D

emily_reich
March 8th, 2005, 02:58 AM
is someone even gonna WRITE some or am i gonna have to suffer through the badly-written sam/jack stuff over and over :D we MUST find some smut! :D so there was no more in that story??? :S

Shep'sSocks
March 8th, 2005, 03:15 AM
What, couldn't bring yourself to read the rest of it? :P

emily_reich
March 8th, 2005, 03:17 AM
lol... well fine... when ya put it THAT way *off to check fic for myself*

emily_reich
March 8th, 2005, 03:55 AM
ok, upon further searching... basically EVERY story that involves baal at all is a jack/sam one!! :eek: well, ok, i found two that weren't... but sam wasn't anywhere near baal in either of them ;)

and about 90% of THOSE stories involve baal's gravity torture machines :D lol

i didn't find a single one, though, that had baal actually written in character.... they all basically had him as annoyingly evil as apophis or anubis with lots of "bow before me as your god" junk.... :rolleyes: :(

but anyway, now that i know there's basically NOTHING out there!! :eek: :eek: i'm getting even more impatient for that smut!!! :D

Willow
March 8th, 2005, 04:33 AM
they all basically had him as annoyingly evil as apophis...

That would be boring considering Apophis didn't have a sense of humour to make up for it either.

Merrin_Delaney
March 8th, 2005, 05:06 AM
ok, upon further searching... basically EVERY story that involves baal at all is a jack/sam one!! :eek: well, ok, i found two that weren't... but sam wasn't anywhere near baal in either of them ;)

and about 90% of THOSE stories involve baal's gravity torture machines :D lol

i didn't find a single one, though, that had baal actually written in character.... they all basically had him as annoyingly evil as apophis or anubis with lots of "bow before me as your god" junk.... :rolleyes: :(

but anyway, now that i know there's basically NOTHING out there!! :eek: :eek: i'm getting even more impatient for that smut!!! :D
Ah, there is some Ba'al smut out there, actually. It's Jack/Ba'al, though, but if ya don't mind.... it's totally hot anyway :)

Angelique
March 8th, 2005, 06:36 AM
lol... yeah, we kinda are, aren't we :D me and angelique also share almost ALL our ships ('sides sam/jack) :p :p we're all just crazy shippers :D
Well, now me and CKO share ALL our ships! :D Sam/Jack, Mckay/Weir, Shep/Teyla AND Ba'al/Sam. :D :p Hey, Gatelover is Ba'al/Sam too. Why are most all Shepmagans also Sam/Ba'al? :p

BTW, I love being one of the "three musketeers on a mission to convert the forum." :D :p

kharn the betrayer
March 8th, 2005, 07:50 AM
*swings onto ship pirate style*

This has to be one of the best ships ever.

I mean the way they act'ed with each other in reckoning. Sparks were flying

*wave's Ba'al/Sam flag proudly*

Angelique
March 8th, 2005, 07:55 AM
Wait! We have a flag? :p Welcome to gateworld! :D

kharn the betrayer
March 8th, 2005, 08:12 AM
Thank's ^_^

The flag was symbolic. I would make a flag if my photo shop skills didnt suck so much, and well i HAD photoshop. ;_;

Merrin_Delaney
March 8th, 2005, 08:21 AM
Hmmm... flag, huh? There's an idea... *wanders off humming musketeers theme*

Klorel
March 8th, 2005, 08:23 AM
Wave that flag!!!

Merrin_Delaney
March 8th, 2005, 08:26 AM
Uuuhhh... *drops everything she was holding* Wait! I got it!

*waves* Woooh!!

The Ultimate Obsession
March 8th, 2005, 08:27 AM
I was one of the usual posters in the help us name this ship thread and just kinda found this. I Love IT. I was also wondering if someone with photoshop could make me a Baal sig pic(with the traditional evil never looked this good) and a Baal/Sam ship sig pic(I dont know of our slogan yet).

Thanks a ton

kharn the betrayer
March 8th, 2005, 08:41 AM
*waves flag again*

This is deffinatly the most interesting ship there is, out side of the Sam/Thor ship.But we all know who sam realy belongs to ;)

maybe the reason Ba'al and jack act like an old married couple when ever they talk is because ba'al and Jack are secretly in a ''relationship'' and Ba'al uses there ''relationship'' as a reason to see his one true love sam it's the perfect cover i tell you.

Merrin_Delaney
March 8th, 2005, 08:47 AM
Bwahaha! Of course!
Ba'al/Everybody - the delicious (albeit crowded) ship :D

kharn the betrayer
March 8th, 2005, 08:52 AM
Hmmm I wonder

What would Ba'al do if he/Sam and replicarter would do if they met up at the same time?. *laugth's at the thought*

Klorel
March 8th, 2005, 08:55 AM
That could end good or bad.

kharn the betrayer
March 8th, 2005, 09:05 AM
Well i Think Ba'al might be able to captivate Replicarter with that charm of his

I mean he Captivated Sam's heart maybe he could sweet talk Replicarter into joining him *no one can resist his charm* as well.And they could rule the universe together along with the real sam, They would be unstopperble.

And in the mean time Jack is depressed as Ba'al Ran off with Sam.

Klorel
March 8th, 2005, 09:18 AM
I can tell this is going to be interesting. :D

Wandering Tamer
March 8th, 2005, 10:15 AM
Ok, if you people think you can wait until Sunday, I will have a story ready to post. And, if you don't mind plot and some smut, then you might actually like it.

Hey, Merrin, I need a signature. I've tried to do one myself, but it just isn't working out. I was hoping for one of Ba'al and Sam.

As for the slogan thing, I was thinking something along the lines of "Beauty, Brains, and Blondes: What Sam is and Ba'al can't resist." I could work on it though if you think it needs work.

CKO
March 8th, 2005, 10:21 AM
lookin foreward to it... smut is always good ;)

Klorel
March 8th, 2005, 10:25 AM
I am afraid to ask what "smut" is. :S

Angelique
March 8th, 2005, 10:36 AM
I am afraid to ask what "smut" is. :S
LOL, you should be. :p

I'm not a big smut fan myself. Looks like I'm the only one though. :rolleyes:

Merrin_Delaney
March 8th, 2005, 10:42 AM
LOL, you should be. :p

I'm not a big smut fan myself. Looks like I'm the only one though. :rolleyes:
Not even if it's Sam/Ba'al? :P
Like what you did with the sig, btw.

Wandering Tamer
March 8th, 2005, 10:42 AM
hm... I'm not either. So, I guess it's mostly plot then, with a bit of fluff.

Merrin_Delaney
March 8th, 2005, 10:43 AM
Ok, if you people think you can wait until Sunday, I will have a story ready to post. And, if you don't mind plot and some smut, then you might actually like it.

Hey, Merrin, I need a signature. I've tried to do one myself, but it just isn't working out. I was hoping for one of Ba'al and Sam.

As for the slogan thing, I was thinking something along the lines of "Beauty, Brains, and Blondes: What Sam is and Ba'al can't resist." I could work on it though if you think it needs work.
Oi! Will make sig for fic :D
D'ya want the slogan on it?

Angelique
March 8th, 2005, 10:47 AM
Like what you did with the sig, btw.
Thanks! I owe it all to you! (Well, the Sam/Ba'al part. :p )

Merrin_Delaney
March 8th, 2005, 10:52 AM
Thanks! I owe it all to you! (Well, the Sam/Ba'al part. :p )
Yeah, and the slogan came from our evil mascot Hatcheter :D

Klorel
March 8th, 2005, 10:52 AM
Would someone mind telling me what smut is?

Merrin_Delaney
March 8th, 2005, 10:55 AM
Would someone mind telling me what smut is?
Sexually explicit fanfiction, usually with little plot.

Suzcecoz
March 8th, 2005, 11:03 AM
A whole lot of fun? ;) hehe.

Oh yeah, Ba'al and Sam are meant for each other, definitely ;)