Other Space - New SciFi Comedy Series on Yahoo! Screen

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Other Space - New SciFi Comedy Series on Yahoo! Screen

If you haven't seen this yet it is pretty entertaining and free.

https://screen.yahoo.com/other-space/

I tried watching the first episode but I couldn't even make it through half of it. The acting and writing is really bad imo and just not funny.

Does the show get better in later episodes?

Comment

Originally posted by Wyrminarrd View Post
      Does the show get better in later episodes?
      I've only watched the first two episodes. I can say the second episode is about the same as the first. I found both to be entertaining, not laugh-out-loud hilarious.

Comment

I've only watched the first episode, not sure I'll bother with any others. It was weak and unfunny for the most part, and Milana Vayntrub and Karan Soni are just as entertaining in their respective phone company commercials.

Comment

I've just watched it all and I really liked it.

I imagine a lot of people drawn to scifi would be turned off due to the "cheap" comedy aspect (which is clearly what the show was going for - like Red Dwarf) but the science is actually not too bad, not a lot of technobabble that makes you cringe, very nice visuals (although not a lot, due to it being about the characters mostly), hot chicks (yeah, I went there), A.R.T. the robot (was he really once a human or is he just a little insane?) and a quirky look at the future (everyone seems to have gotten over reality tv and neck ties have been replaced with neck balls).

Comment

I think I'll start a re-watch of this. I really enjoyed it, but I think it is going to be one of those lost gems that few people saw. I don't know what it is, but people I know just don't seem to want to watch things on Yahoo Screen despite the fact it is free. It is a real shame. I think it just has to do with the fact that there is soooooo much out there these days.

Comment

Originally posted by Looney View Post
              I think I'll start a re-watch of this. I really enjoyed it, but I think it is going to be one of those lost gems that few people saw. I don't know what it is, but people I know just don't seem to want to watch things on Yahoo Screen despite the fact it is free. It is a real shame. I think it just has to do with the fact that there is soooooo much out there these days.
              I think it is more that most people are only willing to watch Yahoo Screen if the quality is there. I did watch all of Community's Season 6 after all. I also watched all of Play it Again, Dick on CW Seed because it was worth my time. Other Space? Not worth it. Obviously, YMMV.

Comment

Well it isn't a problem anymore. I just learned Yahoo shut down Yahoo Screen! at the end of 2015. I got excited about the announcement of Community Season 6 coming out on DVD. I decided to go back and watch it and Other Space again, but they are gone. . . if I try to access them through my laptop, but for now the Yahoo Screen!App is still working. I have Other Space Episode One playing on my tablet right now. WEIRD!

Comment

Working...
                X