frozen: the disney movie

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

frozen: the disney movie

I watched this movie today, and it was nice, they never really explained how the girl came to be cursed, but any way, I kept thinking all through the movie, where is ice man, now there is a man for her.

Nobody cursed Elsa. When the trolls ask whether Elsa was born with her power or cursed, the king replies that she was born with them.
    When Elsa complains that she "can't control the curse" she is simply referring to the danger in her powers, the troubles her power put her through, and the harm they can do.
    I didnt like the film much, altho the moose was funny
    sigpic

Comment

I know nothing about frozen except what my 4 year old niece tells me! I feel I should watch it so I know what she's talking about.....
      sigpic

Comment

I know just enough to have written this.

If Frozen Was About Quiet Days on GateWorld
        Spoiler:
        Britta: Gaters?
        (Knock, knock)
        Do you wanna make a post, man?
        Come on let's do some repartee
        I never see you anytime
        Come back online
        It's like you've gone away
        We used to be green buddies
        And now we're not
        I wish you would just stop by
        It doesn't have to be a post, man.

Gaters: Go away, Britta.

Britta: OK, bye.
        (Knock, knock)

Or see what other users say?
        I think some company is overdue
        I've started talking to the newbies everyday
        (Hang in there, Probie!)
        It gets a little lonely
        All these empty threads
        Just watching the hours tick by
        (Tic-tock, tic-tock, tic-tock, tic-tock, tic-tock)

(Knock, knock)

Gaters?
        Please, I know you're out there
        I've been wondering where you've been
        They say "watch TV" and I'm trying to
        I'm over here for you, just post something
        We only have each other
        And the TV screen
        What are we gonna do?

"BRITTA? WHAT KIND OF LAME NAME IS THAT?"

Comment

^LOL nice! Now I've got that "Do You Wanna Build a Snowman" song stuck in my head though.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by kirsten187 View Post
            I know nothing about frozen except what my 4 year old niece tells me! I feel I should watch it so I know what she's talking about.....
            All I know about frozen is what was on OUAT. Don't know how accurate they were.
            Originally posted by aretood2
            Jelgate is right

Comment

There is a character called Elsa. I only know that because the Cristmas present I bought my niece was an Elsa doll.
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
                All I know about frozen is what was on OUAT. Don't know how accurate they were.
                That just reminded me that I need to catch up with OUAT.

---------
                I'm watching Frozen (for like the millionth time) on Blu-ray right now lol (my 3 yr old niece is over and she wanted to watch it). Elsa is singing "Let It Go". My daughter danced to that song at her ballet recital last June and she was Elsa for Halloween. Between my daughter and my niece, I'm all Frozened out lol.
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by kirsten187 View Post
                  There is a character called Elsa. I only know that because the Cristmas present I bought my niece was an Elsa doll.
                  I got my niece an Elsa doll for Christmas too lol.

*Olaf is singing now.
                  sigpic

Comment

two nieces...we saw it the thanksgiving before last as a group

the plot, or most of it

There are two sisters, princesses of Arrendale. Elsa the oldest and Anna. Elsa was born with the gift/curse of controlling ice, Anna is normal. They are playing, Anna is accidentally injured. THe king and queen take her to the trolls who cure Anna, but they do it by wiping her memory of Elsa's powers. It's agreed that Elsa's powers will remain a secret so she is locked away in her room until she can control them. (which she does not)

Extra servants are dismissed, the palace is locked off, the city gates closed in an effort to keep Elsa a secret.

Years later, Anna still can't figure out why her sister, who she used to be so close to, won't see her or talk to her. Elsa's powers have grown in strength and she struggles to control them.

Unfortunately the parents are killed when their boat sinks (they were going to find a cure for Elsa's 'curse')

Elsa comes of age and is going to be crowned queen. The city gates are open and people are naturally curious about the queen of Arrendale.

It's revealed that Elsa is terrified of losing control. But the coronation goes off and there's a ball. Anna, starved for attention, falls for Hans, the youngest of 14 brothers and agrees to marry him. Elsa, naturally, objects.
                    The ensuing argument gets Elsa so upset she loses control and reveals her ice powers. Some are OK, others fear her and the whole 'off with the monsters head' thing gets going.

Elsa runs for the hills after her powers cut loose and send the whole city into a massive deep freeze. Anna follows, leaving Hans in charge.

Finally alone, Elsa lets loose and explores her powers (the whole 'let it go' building her ice palace scene)

In chasing Elsa, Anna comes across Christoff, an ice salesman who she convinces to help her find Elsa.

Drama, chase, etc, they find Olaf, and Anna has a bit of a memory of them as kids, and that Elsa used to make Anna a snowman named Olaf. Of course, this one is alive and talking and sentient.

They find Elsa, but she doesn't want to go back. There's an outburst and Elsa's ice blast strikes Anna through the heart. She and Cristoff leave.

Unbeknownst to them, men belonging to a visiting Duke also finds Elsa and captures her.

Cristoff realizes that Anna is dying from the ice blast so races to return her to Arrendale to be fixed by a 'true love's kiss'...aks Hans.

Elsa is there in prison, Anna returns...only to find that Hans has no intention of kissing her. He's the 14th brother, he'll never rule and if he wants a kingdom he needs to take one....and since Anna left him in charge, as far as he's concerned Arrendale is his. He just needs Elsa and Anna to die.

Elsa escapes, Anna realizes she needs Cristoff's kiss, not Hans. Elsa believes that Anna is dead and is distraught.
                    It comes to a confrontation on the frozen fjord, where Anna sacrifices the healing kiss to save her sister from Hans who is trying to kill her. Anna freezes...then miraculously thaws, showing that the act of true love she needs to heal isn't necessarily a kiss, it's an act of true love....such as taking the sword blow meant for her sister.

Elsa, realizing that love is more powerful than fear, suddenly has control of her power and everything thaws.

Anna gets to punch Hans, the people of Arrendale accept Elsa and her powers. Anna loves Cristoff. Olaf gets his own perpetual snow storm so can live forever. Hans is shipped back to his brothers. The mad duke is packed off and all is well.
                    Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

One thing that I really loved about the movie was that the "act of true love" wasn't a romantic act. It was is nice change from the usual Disney princess movies.
                      sigpic

Comment

That was a nice change.

also that the good guy wasn't the 'handsome prince' but the average guy
                        Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Could Elsa or Anna be hot?

BTW that most annoying song in this solar system....

OK here's the parody version for exams.

WARNING: SWEARING

Go home aliens, go home!!!!

Comment

Working...
                          X